PDA

View Full Version : UD/Maryland moved to ESPN

ChickenMan
August 29th, 2008, 04:27 PM
Saturday’s college football game between the University of Delaware and the University of Maryland in College Park, Md., will be televised on
ESPN, the network announced today.

ESPN was scheduled to televise the Appalachian State-LSU game from Baton Rouge at 5 p.m. But kickoff for that game was moved to 11 a.m. because of approaching tropical storm Gustav.

Delaware-Maryland, which kicks off at 3:45, was slated to only be shown on ESPNU, which reaches a limited audience. It will now be carried on both
ESPN, which can be seen on most satellite, cable and fiber optic systems
nationally, and ESPNU. ESPN is carrying Virginia Tech-East Carolina at
noon.

http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080829/SPORTS/80829054

Ivytalk
August 29th, 2008, 04:30 PM
xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx

Now, I'll lay in that case of ice-cold Yuengling and enjoy the afternoon!:D

Dane96
August 29th, 2008, 04:31 PM
NICE! But I have to root for the Turtles here; sister played at UMD.

UNI Pike
August 29th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Who at ESPN is a UD grad? You guys have some juice getting games on ESPN. We're always on the Ocho.

Go...gate
August 29th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Go Hens! Nice national TV exposure.

AppChicago
August 29th, 2008, 04:39 PM
As pissed as I am that the ASU/LSU game got moved, I'm looking forward to catching this. Give 'em hell, Delaware.

APPALACHIANstate
August 29th, 2008, 05:08 PM
AWESOME!

Consolation Prize for last year...

GO DELAWARE I WILL BE CHEERING FOR YOU!

SunCoastBlueHen
August 29th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Who at ESPN is a UD grad? You guys have some juice getting games on ESPN. We're always on the Ocho.

I don't know if this has anything to do with anything, but Tom Meese (RIP), one of the founding fathers of ESPN, was a UD grad.

http://www.msnsportsnet.com/content/TomMees.jpg

Hoyadestroya85
August 29th, 2008, 05:12 PM
why don't they show villanova wvu.. a more nationally appealing game i'd think? (no bias) (for serious)

SunCoastBlueHen
August 29th, 2008, 05:32 PM
why don't they show villanova wvu.. a more nationally appealing game i'd think? (no bias) (for serious)

First of all, since that game was not slated for any of the ESPN channels at that time, it wouldn't make any logistical sense. Secondly, this is a football game, not basketball.

I thought 'nova was a tough school to get into. xconfusedx

J/K

xsmiley_wix :p :o

SonuvaHenx2
August 29th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Yes! Not only does this mean I'll be able to catch the entire ASU-LSU match-up, but I get my Hens as a bonus!!! Thanks Gustav!!!!!

UDBlueLotFan
August 29th, 2008, 07:48 PM

I think,.....NOVA Sucksxsmiley_wix ...no bias, for seriousxrulesx xnodx xlolx xlolx xlolx

HensRock
August 29th, 2008, 08:07 PM
ChickenMan,
Where did you here this?
I just checked ESPN.com and they still show that slot as TBD.

93henfan
August 29th, 2008, 08:09 PM
ChickenMan,
Where did you here this?

He linked it at the bottom of his post.

THANKS CHICKENMAN!!! I was about to call DirecTV in 5 minutes and plunk down $12 on the SportsPack for this.

I owe you!xthumbsupx

Get to check out these new unis in HD!

YoUDeeMan
August 29th, 2008, 08:09 PM
ChickenMan,
Where did you here this?

HR - it is on the NJ web page.