PDA

View Full Version : Bryant (and the NEC) reaches the Boston Market

dgreco
August 29th, 2008, 09:25 AM
Bryant in the Boston Globe (http://www.boston.com/sports/colleges/football/articles/2008/08/29/bryant_taking_it_up_a_notch/)
http://bryantbulldogs.com/images/fball/Action08/Polomski_ActionWeb.jpg

He is well traveled, with coaching stops from coast to coast: Sonoma State, Indiana State, Colgate, Indiana University, Iowa State, and now Bryant University. In Marty Fine's mind, it's all college football, whether it's Division 1, 2, or 3. This season, Fine's fifth on the Smithfield, R.I., campus, the Bulldogs, along with the university's 21 other varsity programs, are on the move, from Division 2 to 1.
Quite a remarkable leap for a program that only started football in 1999.

citdog
August 29th, 2008, 09:42 AM
THEY HAVE GOOD SAMMI'S AT THE BOSTON MARKET

danefan
August 29th, 2008, 09:47 AM

Marty Fine looks like he's eaten a few sammi's in his life.:D

http://cache.boston.com/resize/bonzai-fba/Globe_Photo/2008/08/29/1219983432_4545/539w.jpg

danefan
August 29th, 2008, 09:48 AM
In all seriousness though, good for Bryant. Getting major pub is nice to see for all NEC teams!

dgreco
August 29th, 2008, 10:14 AM
i tried to plan a bun on fatty fine and boston market, he is a good coach and a great guy. Talks to every student on the campus and really engages. Also, he used to come to class with the football players and give them a hard time during presentations if they did not give a 100% effort.

But yea, its exciting to see them in a big paper.

Cobblestone
August 29th, 2008, 10:39 AM
I'm glad for you guys. I agree that Marty Fine has done a great job with that program. Best wishes to you this season.

danefan
August 29th, 2008, 10:42 AM
i tried to plan a bun on fatty fine and boston market, he is a good coach and a great guy. Talks to every student on the campus and really engages. Also, he used to come to class with the football players and give them a hard time during presentations if they did not give a 100% effort.

But yea, its exciting to see them in a big paper.

That's great. Fordie used to give some guys personal wake-up calls if he got reports of them being late for class. You wouldn't want that man banging on your door at 6am in the morning. "C'mon Gang! Lets wake 'em up now!"xnodx xthumbsupx

Cobblestone
August 29th, 2008, 10:44 AM
That's great. Fordie used to give some guys personal wake-up calls if he got reports of them being late for class. You wouldn't want that man banging on your door at 6am in the morning. "C'mon Gang! Lets wake 'em up now!"xnodx xthumbsupx

Eddie Robinson, when he was in his prime, had the best wake-up calls...with a fire extinguisher! xthumbsupx

dgreco
August 29th, 2008, 03:42 PM

love coaches who love where they are and are involved with the entire student body. It makes you have a lot of respect for coach Fine and a lot of respect for the program.

dbackjon
August 29th, 2008, 04:41 PM

And great chicken pot pies!

Seawolf97
August 29th, 2008, 07:50 PM
Way to go Bryant! Nice press for your programxthumbsupx

Seahawks Fan
August 30th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Good luck Bryant!

Col Hogan
August 30th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Well, just made the hotel reservations for a reunion at UMass the weekend of the Bryant game...tickets to the game are part of the package...

I'll get to check them out first-hand the end of October...xnodx

Great pub getting into the Globe...which goesn't give IAA/FCS much ink...