PDA

View Full Version : As goes NAU-ASU, so goes the Jacks season

Jacks76
August 28th, 2008, 06:45 PM
I think this game will be very telling on how the Jacks wind up this year. If they can stay close for a couple of quarters, then I like their chances in the Big Sky this season. If they can't, then I don't.

Paul

JohnStOnge
August 28th, 2008, 06:54 PM
I think this game will be very telling on how the Jacks wind up this year. If they can stay close for a couple of quarters, then I like their chances in the Big Sky this season. If they can't, then I don't.

Paul

I wouldn't read too much into it. In 2002 Western Kentucky opened the season by losing 48-3 at Kansas State and went on to win the national title. In 2004 James Madison lost 45-10 to West Virginia and won it all in I-AA.

On the other hand, in Eastern Washington lost by only 21-19 to Oregon State to open the 2000 season. Oregon State went on to finish 11-1 and ranked #5 in both major polls. Eastern Washington finished 6-5 and sat the post-season out.

SideLine Shooter
August 28th, 2008, 06:57 PM

Paul

If they stay healthy they have as good a chance as anybody. They are a classy disciplined team. They will represent the Big Sky well.xthumbsupx

Jacks76
August 28th, 2008, 07:12 PM
The Jacks are loaded this year. If they don't finish at least 7-4, then something is wrong. From their vaunted pass rush, to their variety on offense, I like their chances.

Of course, staying with ASU for four quarters won't be easy. I know one year they stayed with ASU through 3 quarters at 14-14. Then Jason Murietta threw an interception right to an ASU cornerback for a pick-six and that was all she wrote.

Paul

Jacks76
August 28th, 2008, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't read too much into it. In 2002 Western Kentucky opened the season by losing 48-3 at Kansas State and went on to win the national title. In 2004 James Madison lost 45-10 to West Virginia and won it all in I-AA.

On the other hand, in Eastern Washington lost by only 21-19 to Oregon State to open the 2000 season. Oregon State went on to finish 11-1 and ranked #5 in both major polls. Eastern Washington finished 6-5 and sat the post-season out.

That's true...the 45-10 loss wasn't a true marker of the season for James Madison. Same for Western Kentucky.

Paul

already123
August 28th, 2008, 10:15 PM
If memory serves me correct, that INT was a bad call....it was supposed to be a free play.

Took the wind right out of the sails for the jacks