PDA

View Full Version : 3rd CCU football player arrested

bodoyle
August 28th, 2008, 08:10 AM
http://www.wmbfnews.com/global/story.asp?s=8914144

This is getting entertaining. I'll wake up every morning just to see how many idiots we really do have on our team! xmadx xmadx xmadx

The Cats
August 28th, 2008, 08:11 AM
http://www.wmbfnews.com/global/story.asp?s=8914144

This is getting entertaining. I'll wake up every morning just to see how many idiots we really do have on our team! xmadx xmadx xmadx

What is going on there at the beach?

bodoyle
August 28th, 2008, 08:14 AM
Hell if I know, I'm 1000 miles away. They are just idiots who think they are above the law apparently. If I were CDB I would just kick them all off the team. If that means we go 0'fer this season, that's fine with me. This crap on a daily basis is ridiculous. I know that it is very easy to get in trouble down at the beach and all, but Jesus, it's simple time management and maturity. It isn't f-ing rocket science.

SoCon48
August 28th, 2008, 10:24 AM
D-A-Y-U-M!!

SuperJon
August 28th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Said this on FlameFans but it should be posted here as well:

On a serious note, it's obvious this kid has a drinking problem. I just hope he gets help from somewhere before he really does something stupid and kills someone. I don't care if he's at a rival school or not, the fact still remains that he needs to turn his life around before he takes someone else's. Three alcohol related arrests in nine months is a problem, not just some college kid making a dumb decision.

Tribe4SF
August 28th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Preseason All Big South - out drunk at 2:30 am the day before the team leaves for Penn State. Needs help is putting it mildly. I assume he won't be on the plane.

bodoyle
August 28th, 2008, 12:22 PM
http://www.goccusports.com/football/?news=4615

cut from the team

patssle
August 28th, 2008, 01:18 PM
CCU is this years Montana/Montana State!

saccat
August 28th, 2008, 01:21 PM
CCU is this years Montana/Montana State!

You have to step up your crimes to get to the level we are at.

bodoyle
August 28th, 2008, 03:39 PM
You have to step up your crimes to get to the level we are at.

I won't put it past this group unfortunately.

Grizzaholic
August 28th, 2008, 04:05 PM
What in the world is this guy thinking, wait he isn't. His priorities are obviously not where they should be.

SideLine Shooter
August 28th, 2008, 04:08 PM
What in the world is this guy thinking, wait he isn't. His priorities are obviously not where they should be.

That is the problem. HE WAS NOT THINKING..xrotatehx

BJuice
August 28th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Let me not be "smack-ish" with my response.

I feel sorry for the two young ladies involved in the previous two events of the week. It is a shame for them and their families.

This most recent event, the player charged definitely has a problem and definitely needs serious help. I don't feel sorry for him. He made wrong decisions and he needs to suffer the consequences.

The "mighty" Bennett might need to pay a little more attention to discipline with his "boys". That is not smack, it is the truth.

Grizzaholic
August 29th, 2008, 08:18 AM
Bodoyle?????? Anything good in today's paper? I sure hope you don't come on and say you have another arrest.

CSU Girl
August 29th, 2008, 08:38 AM
Let me not be "smack-ish" with my response.

I feel sorry for the two young ladies involved in the previous two events of the week. It is a shame for them and their families.

This most recent event, the player charged definitely has a problem and definitely needs serious help. I don't feel sorry for him. He made wrong decisions and he needs to suffer the consequences.

The "mighty" Bennett might need to pay a little more attention to discipline with his "boys". That is not smack, it is the truth.

A team can only be a good as it's leader. If the leader thinks he is "above the law" then so will his followers.

I use to think pretty highly of coach Bennett until last year after our game against CCU he was caught on our field talking to one of our recruits. This is against conference rules and the consequences are severe should he get turned in. xnonox

Also, he broke some other conference rule in the preseason. He was caught and turned into the Big South Conference by the Southern Conference. He got away with a warning.

Follow the rules coach b. xnonox

bodoyle
August 29th, 2008, 08:50 AM
Bodoyle?????? Anything good in today's paper? I sure hope you don't come on and say you have another arrest.

No nothing today...but remember the day is young. xnonono2x xnonono2x xnonono2x

bodoyle
August 29th, 2008, 08:51 AM
CSU Girl: As I have stated multiple times, these athletes are ADULTS and are responsible for THEMSELVES. The coach has nothing to do with it. If I put you in charge of 100 18-22yr old guys and say you can NOT let them get in ANY trouble you would probably laugh in my face and deservedly so.

citdog
August 29th, 2008, 08:54 AM
PERHAPS CHRIS HATCHER SHOULD START RECRUTING AT J RUEBEN LONG!xnodx xnodx

CSU Girl
August 29th, 2008, 08:59 AM
CSU Girl: As I have stated multiple times, these athletes are ADULTS and are responsible for THEMSELVES. The coach has nothing to do with it. If I put you in charge of 100 18-22yr old guys and say you can NOT let them get in ANY trouble you would probably laugh in my face and deservedly so.

I agree that they need to be responsible for themselves. It sucks they they are willing to throw away scholarships and positions on a good team for sex and boos.

And lets face it, its college, if you really want to get laid you dont need to force anyone to have sex.

bodoyle
August 29th, 2008, 09:05 AM
PERHAPS CHRIS HATCHER SHOULD START RECRUTING AT J RUEBEN LONG!xnodx xnodx

Hey now, that's a rough place! <sarsasim off> Ask any of the CCU rent-a-cops. They threatened multiple times to take me there. I asked for directions once and they didn't appreciate that...calling me a damn yankee etc.

bodoyle
August 29th, 2008, 09:06 AM
I agree that they need to be responsible for themselves. It sucks they they are willing to throw away scholarships and positions on a good team for sex and boos.

And lets face it, its college, if you really want to get laid you dont need to force anyone to have sex.

No arguments here. If I'm basically being paid to go to college get a degree and play ball...why screw that up.

eaglewraith
August 29th, 2008, 11:41 AM
And yet CCU fans called our players thugs last year.....

MarkCCU
August 29th, 2008, 12:07 PM
What a f'n moron.

bodoyle
August 29th, 2008, 12:08 PM
And yet CCU fans called our players thugs last year.....

They were/are and now so are ours. What's your point?

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 29th, 2008, 12:46 PM

xeekx xeekx xeekx xbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx xthumbsupx xsmiley_wix

kirkblitz
August 29th, 2008, 02:11 PM
We have thug players and rude fans. Great combo. We are turning into the phildelphia eagles of AA

SoCon48
August 29th, 2008, 02:40 PM

Umm. Take a closer look at some of the CCU male students and you'll understand.;)

eaglewraith
August 29th, 2008, 05:42 PM
They were/are and now so are ours. What's your point?

We've had one player arrested for getting a little frustrated and kicking a car. I think it doesn't compare. Just because Foster ran all over your ass is no reason to call our guys thugs.

CarolinaGirl
August 29th, 2008, 06:29 PM
A team can only be a good as it's leader. If the leader thinks he is "above the law" then so will his followers.

I use to think pretty highly of coach Bennett until last year after our game against CCU he was caught on our field talking to one of our recruits. This is against conference rules and the consequences are severe should he get turned in. xnonox

Also, he broke some other conference rule in the preseason. He was caught and turned into the Big South Conference by the Southern Conference. He got away with a warning.

Follow the rules coach b. xnonox

Easy on passing judgment about things you "heard" and really know nothing about and "shaming" CDB like you are all that.
Coach Bennett was caught talking to one of your recruits on your field. "Should he get turned in", are y'all waiting for a particular time to "turn him in"? Why wasn't it done when the alleged incident took place? Let's not deny the fact that CSU would have taken action immediately had it been accurate and Coach Bennett was truly being improper. You can call Bennett anything you want, but he's not stupid.
Also, I know exactly which incident you are talking about when he "broke a conference rule" in the "preseason". It wasn't the SoCon that sent a statement (via e-mail) to the BSC, it was another team in the BSC. Due to the fact that the coaches were all out of town at a retreat when this incident supposedly took place, it was laughable. If you know of some warning that he was given, please share. Inquiring minds want to know..xrolleyesx

bodoyle
August 29th, 2008, 10:32 PM
We've had one player arrested for getting a little frustrated and kicking a car. I think it doesn't compare. Just because Foster ran all over your ass is no reason to call our guys thugs.

I called you thugs a long time before that happened. Way to live in the past though.

bodoyle
August 29th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Car Girl: they want him turned in b/c we're better than they are and they need all the help they can get. If we sucked, like the bride of chucky does, they wouldn't care what we did.

BJuice
August 29th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Car Girl: they want him turned in b/c we're better than they are and they need all the help they can get. If we sucked, like the bride of chucky does, they wouldn't care what we did.

I want him turned in because I'm tired of listening to his stupid redneck arrogant voice talking about how great he is. I remember a few years ago when he came to town and CCU started football, he was saying they could be at Conference USA level in just a short time and how he felt CCU was on a fast track to a major D-I (FBS) conference.

He is arrogant and his program is arrogant. Therefore, you get players that think they are above the law and can get away with crime. They think they are the golden child of the conference and he thinks he can do whatever he wants. For example, talking to our recruits on our field during warmups and making our kicker move during pre-game warmups on our field. Guess what, you are the visitor and it is our field, if we make you warmup on I-26 between traffic, then guess what...Suck it up!!!

CoastalFan2005
August 29th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I want him turned in because I'm tired of listening to his stupid redneck arrogant voice talking about how great he is.

xrolleyesx

kirkblitz
August 29th, 2008, 11:57 PM
I want him turned in because I'm tired of listening to his stupid redneck arrogant voice talking about how great he is. I remember a few years ago when he came to town and CCU started football, he was saying they could be at Conference USA level in just a short time and how he felt CCU was on a fast track to a major D-I (FBS) conference.

He is arrogant and his program is arrogant. Therefore, you get players that think they are above the law and can get away with crime. They think they are the golden child of the conference and he thinks he can do whatever he wants. For example, talking to our recruits on our field during warmups and making our kicker move during pre-game warmups on our field. Guess what, you are the visitor and it is our field, if we make you warmup on I-26 between traffic, then guess what...Suck it up!!!

Dont worry your not the only one who thinks bennet is arrogant, he might be a good coach but he is a bit two sided.

SuperJon
August 30th, 2008, 07:02 AM
I had never heard the arrogance stuff until the past week when all of the arrests started happening.

bodoyle
August 30th, 2008, 07:40 AM

All this shows is that you have clearly never had a conversation with him. And if you don't like his accent, well ***** everyone in SC has an annoying accent IMO but that doesn't mean they are arrogant. They just talk "funny" xlolx

CarolinaGirl
August 30th, 2008, 08:00 AM

(inferiority complex;) )

Bennett came to town to talk up Coastal when they first started football. What did you expect him to do or say? "We are going to have a team in your confererence 1 1/2 hours up the road from you but we're going to try not to suck as bad as you do"???
If you don't like his voice or his southern accent (oh my gosh, we live in the south! How dare he speak with a southern accent!! Arrogant bastard...xrolleyesx ), don't listen to him. I doubt you are being forced to have CDB speak in your ear with his "stupid redneck arrogant voice".
And ya know, I didn't know bugjuice had the inside scoop on Coastal. Next time I have a question, I will just ask him...xbowx