PDA

View Full Version : Mark May dissed Eastern Kentucky....

catamount man
August 27th, 2008, 08:17 PM
...tonight on College Football Live. They were talking with Cincinnati HC Brian Kelly and May asks him how he keeps his team focused on this week's game when "obviously" they are looking ahead to Oklahoma.

Did Mark May not watch ASU beat Michigan last year and nearly have a coronary?! To his credit, Brian Kelly talked up EKU's conference title last year.

EKU, I am so hoping you beat Cincinnati!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, I hate these ESPN jerks at times and, of course, lispin' Lou picked Notre Dame to finish 11-1, only losing to Southern Cal.xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

BeauFoster
August 27th, 2008, 08:27 PM
...tonight on College Football Live. They were talking with Cincinnati HC Brian Kelly and May asks him how he keeps his team focused on this week's game when "obviously" they are looking ahead to Oklahoma.

Did Mark May not watch ASU beat Michigan last year and nearly have a coronary?! To his credit, Brian Kelly talked up EKU's conference title last year.

God, I hate these ESPN jerks at times and, of course, lispin' Lou picked Notre Dame to finish 11-1, only losing to Southern Cal.xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

Earlier in the show, Lou gave GSU a little love, telling Georgia to not overlook them, that they beat ASU last season. I loved it!

catamount man
August 27th, 2008, 08:46 PM
Earlier in the show, Lou gave GSU a little love, telling Georgia to not overlook them, that they beat ASU last season. I loved it!

Some sweet day, GSU will beat UGA and Munson will croak right there in the booth. Good luck this weekend.

CamelCityAppFan
August 27th, 2008, 09:04 PM

And by association, gave App a little love (not the first time for Lou)...

katstrapper
August 27th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Mark May is an idiot anyway.xnonox

BeauFoster
August 27th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Cat Man, you are a pretty classy dude. You seem understand that ASU-WCU smack is just smack, nothing personal. Every fiber in my body tells me not to say this, but good luck tomorrow night. Here's to no injuries for either team over the next 72+ hours!

EKU05
August 27th, 2008, 09:09 PM

I hope we beat them too, but I wouldn't call that a dis. UC could be a legit top 20 team as far as I'm concerned, and as good as I think we can be we do have 12 new starters and a new head coach. Besides, a lot of FBS teams would get overlooked if Oklahoma was next on the docket.

Can we win this game? Yeah, I think given the right set of conditions we could pull an upset. Certainly much bigger upsets occur each and every year, but I'm trying not base my feeling about this team Colonel on this game, because if UC brings their A game it could be a very, very long night in the Queen City.

GannonFan
August 27th, 2008, 09:21 PM
Not to diss EKU, but they're not Appy St from last year. We just had a thread on this site that the majority of it talked about how EKU hasn't been relevant at the FCS level for almost 20 years now. Maybe Mark May has an alias on this board???

Franks Tanks
August 27th, 2008, 09:22 PM

Lou Holtz's Dog knows more about football than you. Granted his opinion of Notre Dame reeks of homerism (and he isnt shy about that) but when Lou talks we should listen.

BeauFoster
August 27th, 2008, 09:28 PM
The blowhard himself, Jim Harbaugh, is on now.

UNCBears2010
August 27th, 2008, 10:24 PM
Lou Holtz's Dog knows more about football than you. Granted his opinion of Notre Dame reeks of homerism (and he isnt shy about that) but when Lou talks we should listen and laugh at his speech impediment.

Fixed it! xthumbsupx

Retro
August 27th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Mark May is just another ESPN BCS puppet.. He's still bitter because his pitt panthers nearly lost in OT to Furman a few years ago.xlolx

hippy@GSU
August 27th, 2008, 10:42 PM
Some sweet day, GSU will beat UGA and Munson will croak right there in the booth. Good luck this weekend.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!! I will be there and I hope to see a GSU win!! Not that I want Munson to die, I have a lot of respect for the guy. But God I will seriously try to rip down their goal posts if GSU wins.

EKU Pride
August 27th, 2008, 11:23 PM
Not to diss EKU, but they're not Appy St from last year. We just had a thread on this site that the majority of it talked about how EKU hasn't been relevant at the FCS level for almost 20 years now. Maybe Mark May has an alias on this board???

I never post on here, but I had to respond to this post. Not sure what you mean by "EKU hasn't been relevant?" EKU tallied its 30th consecutive winning season in 2007, which is the second longest active streak among all Division I schools, behind only Florida State with 31 straight winning seasons. So, I guess that is irrelevant?

ysubigred
August 28th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Mark May is an idiot anyway.xnonox

How about a fat, four eyed jerk xsmiley_wix

appfan2008
August 28th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Thata show drives me insane because everything out of lou's mouth is notre dame this and notre dame that and everything out of mark may's mouth is usc this and usc that... not a very unbiased show...

CopperCat
August 28th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Mark May literally has a head the size of a watermelon. That just makes him even less credible.

I watched that whole show last night, and I have come to a couple conclusions. First, Mark May is a whiner and a giant BCS homer. And second, Lou Holtz saying that Notre Dame will win 10 or 11 games makes him a homer as well. Can't say that I really learned anything from the show last night. Whatever happened to level-headed sports journalism?

appfan2008
August 28th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Mark May literally has a head the size of a watermelon. That just makes him even less credible.

I watched that whole show last night, and I have come to a couple conclusions. First, Mark May is a whiner and a giant BCS homer. And second, Lou Holtz saying that Notre Dame will win 10 or 11 games makes him a homer as well. Can't say that I really learned anything from the show last night. Whatever happened to level-headed sports journalism?

sadly doesnt happen on espn... the other channels are only slightly better...

catamount man
August 28th, 2008, 07:47 AM

No doubt. I don't know why May is such a BCS shill. I mean seriously, these guys all got rubbed the wrong way when ASU beat UM last year. I didn't get that. Well, here's hoping we knock off FSU next week to keep pissing them off.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

appfan2008
August 28th, 2008, 07:50 AM
mark may likes bcs bc his precious usc does well in the system... and he knows they might not do as well in a playoff...

Franks Tanks
August 28th, 2008, 08:04 AM
mark may likes bcs bc his precious usc does well in the system... and he knows they might not do as well in a playoff...

His precious USC??? He played at Pitt and won the Outland trophy.

ekufbfan
August 28th, 2008, 08:40 AM
What else is new, ESPN and any others use FCS teams as their whipping boys EVERY chance they get. Sure they throw out a few crumbs to FCS every now and then, for that we should be greatful?xeyebrowx

There is a way of reporting news/sports without the put downs, but that seems to be the American way...I make you feel bad and I feel better. Negativity reigns!

GOOOOOOO COLONELS!

ekufbfan
August 28th, 2008, 08:53 AM
I never post on here, but I had to respond to this post. Not sure what you mean by "EKU hasn't been relevant?" EKU tallied its 30th consecutive winning season in 2007, which is the second longest active streak among all Division I schools, behind only Florida State with 31 straight winning seasons. So, I guess that is irrelevant?

We haven't been on the national radar since the mid 1990's. The problem is we finished in second place in the OVC (which gets you zero) to several different teams over the 10 year span, we stumbled a game here a game there. With our membership in the weak OVC (don't get me started about getting out of there), only one team is getting an invite to the playoffs. And the OVC has a dismal record there, including our fiasco last year (we did play without our All-OVC QB who was inujured, but that's the way it goes). While much to diehard EKU fans dismay, we most certainly have not been what we once were, we certainly weren't the "dregs" xoopsx everyone has made us out to be.

andy7171
August 28th, 2008, 09:12 AM
Mark May is an enormous a$$ ..and that's coming from a Redskins fan!

EKU Pride
August 28th, 2008, 09:35 AM
We haven't been on the national radar since the mid 1990's. The problem is we finished in second place in the OVC (which gets you zero) to several different teams over the 10 year span, we stumbled a game here a game there. With our membership in the weak OVC (don't get me started about getting out of there), only one team is getting an invite to the playoffs. And the OVC has a dismal record there, including our fiasco last year (we did play without our All-OVC QB who was inujured, but that's the way it goes). While much to diehard EKU fans dismay, we most certainly have not been what we once were, we certainly weren't the "dregs" xoopsx everyone has made us out to be.

Yes, we dominated the OVC in the 80's and 90's, and back slide from 2000 to 2006, misfired a few times through that 6 or 7 year span, only to be tuned up in 2007. However, calling us irrelevant for the past 20 years warrants some additional facts. Going forward, I think we have an exceptional Coach that will keep us competitive outside our weak conference and into the playoffs.

ASUMountaineer
August 28th, 2008, 09:38 AM
I'm not going to read all three pages, but just wanted to chime in real quick.

Mark May is a douche.

Ok, continue on guys. Sorry for the interruption. xlolx

89Hen
August 28th, 2008, 09:53 AM
Maybe Mark May has an alias on this board???
xwhistlex

sav eagle34
August 28th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I don't usually post but this subject gets me so upset. ESPN college football coverage is a total sham. It's all about catering to the large markets without any sense of real or even remotely unbiased journalism. I remeber when getting up to watch Gameday was the best thing ever. Now it's just completely commercialized. There is no real insight into anything informing. Herbstreit offers nothing intelligent, even though he's probably capable of it. It's seems everyone in sports broadcasting has taking the "shock jock" mentality just to get people fired up. Certainly Mark May has. Not to mention Corso, he's barely literate anymore. It's a shame that to get good college football coverage I have to watch the NFL network. They actually do a good job of covering teams & breaking down the X's & O's.

back2back
August 28th, 2008, 10:19 AM
How's Coach Hood doing at Eastern? He was easy to approach and talk to while at Wake.

Bull Fan
August 28th, 2008, 11:09 AM
At least Trev Alberts is gone.

May has become increasingly obnoxious, and is very standoff-ish. Coach Holtz brings something to the table if you can look past his playful talking-up of ND. And last year's pep talks were great. Makes you try to imagine what he was really like in that locker room in South Bend on game day, standing in front of guys like Chris Zorich and Michael Stonebreaker. Gives you the chills.

Of course the show(s) are going to be BCS-cartel-centric. It's about the money, about the over-saturation of the I-A game. I personally fall hook / line / sinker for it, since it's football... but let's be realistic, they're never going to give I-AA teams the love.

grizband
August 28th, 2008, 11:38 AM
As a Notre Dame homer, I give Lou Holtz some credit, but after the Appalachian State Michigan game last year, didn't he say something to the effect that the better team on the field won the game?

ekufbfan
August 28th, 2008, 11:44 AM
As a Notre Dame homer, I give Lou Holtz some credit, but after the Appalachian State Michigan game last year, didn't he say something to the effect that the better team on the field won the game?

You gotta' love Lou, but he is from the Old School and in my opinion a gentleman. The next cocker spaniel that finds his way to my home, you got it, his name will be Lou!xnodx

As far as some of the younger bunch, as I said before they sometimes throw us a crumb or two.

EKU05
August 28th, 2008, 04:32 PM

I agree almosdt entirely, but I do think it's interesting to point out that the OVC has had two teams in the playoffs for the past two years straight. Debate all you want about whether or not the bids were deserved. They did result in four losses, but we are finding ways to get more than one team in. We need to start making it count though.

GannonFan
August 28th, 2008, 09:07 PM

Call it like I see it. Haven't won a playoff game since 1994, in the past 20 years have only been past the 1st round one time, and belong to a conference who as a whole hasn't won a playoff game in well over a decade. That's sounding like irrelevant to me.

PantherRob82
August 28th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Call it like I see it. Haven't won a playoff game since 1994, in the past 20 years have only been past the 1st round one time, and belong to a conference who as a whole hasn't won a playoff game in well over a decade. That's sounding like irrelevant to me.

quoted for truth. ovc has been slipping. bummed you guys lost, but the ovc needs to do something in their ooc schedule.

IndianaAppMan
August 28th, 2008, 11:02 PM
No doubt. I don't know why May is such a BCS shill. I mean seriously, these guys all got rubbed the wrong way when ASU beat UM last year. I didn't get that. Well, here's hoping we knock off FSU next week to keep pissing them off.

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

This is going to sound weird coming from an App State fan: Nothing against Western, but here's one FCS fan who won't be pulling for you guys this weekend. I've been an FSU fan all my life. In fact, I'm only on this planet because of FSU (my parents met there). So aside from ASU and perhaps Elon (wife's school), Florida State has my loyalty.

I know I'm in the minority.

Put it this way: If you guys manage to beat FSU, enjoy knowing that at least one Appalachian fan is sitting in disgust. xthumbsupx

Good luck!

97Torero
August 29th, 2008, 12:26 AM
Hey folks, lets not forget that ESPN and its employees are a business catering to the largest customer base they can. That means catering to the big guys on the block, no matter how much we dislike it. You could have FcS teams win 15 times in a row over FBS teams and it would not make a difference. This is not being a homer, this is not journalism, this is selling tv time to the largest audience.

catamount man
August 29th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Wow. Looks like I didn't bring EKU any good karma. Sorry Colonels.

ekufbfan
August 29th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Wow. Looks like I didn't bring EKU any good karma. Sorry Colonels.

It was ugly...hopefully a better showing next week against western ky

Killtoppers90
August 29th, 2008, 10:40 AM
Mark may and Kirk Herbstreit both suck for their lack of respect of FCS!

Killtoppers90
August 29th, 2008, 10:41 AM
It was ugly...hopefully a better showing next week against western ky

it is the last game of the series until EKU steps up to 1-A and it is in Richmond. No way that EKU shouldn't be geeked up for this one! Won't matter because we are going to win but still should be geeked up.

Maroons
August 30th, 2008, 02:01 PM

I'm curious to see this thread... can anyone link me?

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 30th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Bowling Green 27 Pitt 17, Mark May's a buffoon