PDA

View Full Version : LDC: TxSo Coach Guarantees Victory

TexasTerror
August 26th, 2008, 09:20 PM
The Labor Day Classic should be a fun one this year...

Texas Southern is coming of an 0-11 campaign and has not won a game since October 2006. They got a new coach, an FBS transfer at QB in Bobby Reid and a plethora of newcomers (though I do not believe a roster has been made available). Despite the record, they got votes in the Sports Network poll...??

Prairie View A&M is coming off a solid 7-3 season and were even talking about playoffs down the stretch. Henry Frazier III was named FCS Coach of the Year by several publications. Zach East is getting All-American mentions and they have a marquee game against SHSU in a few weeks.

The latest news is the TxSo coach has guaranteed victory. Guess it doesn't matter too much, because PV-TSU is a rivalry game and I think players on both sides of the ball will be fired. Well, perhaps not the TSU side as much since they have so many guys who have not been a part of the rivalry.

After Texas Southerns’ head coach Johnnie Cole guaranteed a victory for the Tigers during his time at the podium, PVAMU’s Frazier had the following comments.

“Anything moving on the field on Saturday will get hit,” said Frazier. “We plan on playing aggressive, confident football for 60 minutes.”

http://sports.pvamu.edu/pages/4086.asp?item=22400

813Jag
August 26th, 2008, 09:56 PM
Considering they were 0-11 last year, Coach Cole has nothing to lose if he's proven wrong.

3rd Coast Tiger
August 26th, 2008, 11:27 PM
Here's his exact words...

"If you ask me if we are going to win, then I say yes. I am not going tell you that we will lose."

He also said that what he remembered from his playing days was; not if we were going to win, but how much we were going to win by. He said he has instilled this in his players. I guess you can interpret that as a guarantee.

xrolleyesx