PDA

View Full Version : UNC perspective article on McNeese

JohnStOnge
August 26th, 2008, 08:18 PM
Saw this linked on the McNeese Delphi board:

http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/783296.html

Only think is, I don't think McNeese is a pure "spread" offense team. I think the use the concept but also line up in "pro sets" a lot and even the traditional "I" sometimes.

Aho_Old_Guy
August 27th, 2008, 02:08 PM
Carolina's defense practices against pro sets and the 'I' every day. Historically they have had problems against spread/option offenses hence the LB's comments with the focus on reads/assignments against the McNeese 'O'.

I don't think it will be a major blowout but they will focus on establishing the run. Their depth is pretty good across the o-line so count on steady doses of Greg Little and Ryan Houston (who dropped 35 lbs and is 'down' to 240 - lol). If you load up the box they will spread the field with Hakeem Nicks and Brandon Tate. Nicks is special and could be a nightmare for McNeese DBs.

If McNeese can control the ball they can keep it respectable. If not it could get ugly because the Tar Hole backups will want to 'strut their stuff' to the coaches for more playing time.

37-14 is about right. I'll let you pick who has the 37 :)

MSU_77
August 27th, 2008, 02:18 PM
37-14 is about right. I'll let you pick who has the 37 :)

Unless the game gets out of hand, I don't see UNC winning by 3 TDs. It's possible, but I think the final margin will be 14 points or less. UNC's secondary is suspect and I think the Pokes will score some points through the air. UNC is not a top-tier FBS team - we've played plenty of those in the past and the scores have usually been respectable.