PDA

View Full Version : LFN: It's J.B. Clark

Lehigh Football Nation
August 26th, 2008, 01:17 PM
Breaking news from the Morning Call:

http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/2008/08/jb-clark-will-start-against-drake.html

J.B. Clark has been anointed the staring QB versus Drake September 6th, beating out junior Chris Bokosky.

LUHawker
August 26th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I agree with your take on this, LFN, that Coen appears to be going with QB for where the team could be at the end of the season, than at the beginning. I think it will be a bitter pill for Bokosky to swallow, but it sounds like Coen is going with the QB who has more arm strength. I also think that JB Clark being Coen's "true" recruit probably plays into it, as well.

Pard94
August 26th, 2008, 03:19 PM
That must be a tremendously stressful decision for Coen given his siutation. If you think about it he very likely just decided to which untested 20 year old he was going to hitch his professional wagon. It would be different if he had afew successful seasons under his belt. There is a whole lot riding on this Clark kid for Coach Coen. Well, it should be interesting.

Go Lehigh TU owl
August 26th, 2008, 03:29 PM
I agree with your take on this, LFN, that Coen appears to be going with QB for where the team could be at the end of the season, than at the beginning. I think it will be a bitter pill for Bokosky to swallow, but it sounds like Coen is going with the QB who has more arm strength. I also think that JB Clark being Coen's "true" recruit probably plays into it, as well.

I think it's the correct decision. Clark has the size, arm strength and running ability, something Bokosky lacks. Clark was a very good QB in HS where he played against good competition in Florida. I dissagree with those who think this is designed to work by the time league play starts. I think this will pay off from the start. I like what Clark brings to the table. He's 6'4 215 and has been able to adapt to Coen's system. IMO Clark is in the mold of Borda but bigger. Hopefully he has the same intangibles.

ngineer
August 26th, 2008, 07:50 PM
I agree with the decision and predicted it. The reasons stated above are all valid. Clark has more potential 'upside' with his physical ability. Bokosky has a good head and management skills, but he lacks the arm to make defenses respect the deep pass (and we have some speed at WR this year), and is not too tall, which can effect his ability to see when in the pocket. Bokosky reminds me of Keating of a few years ago, who came in when we had injury problems and managed the game well.

From what I hear, though, Clark will have Lum on his tail by mid-season if he's struggling. While Clark is a bigger Borda, Lum has the potential to be a Stambaugh. I'm feelin' good about thisxthumbsupx