PDA

View Full Version : A Glanville-ism to start the season

JALMOND
August 26th, 2008, 11:42 AM
A few weeks ago I was watching a special on Portland local TV on this year's Viking team and Glanville came up with another of his classic quotes. He was asked about the results of last year's team and, while I can't quite remember the whole thing, it went something like, "Usually, situations where I am asked to come in to, the team has been losing, the coach has been fired and the athletic department says, 'Go get Glanville and let's turn this around'. Here, this team is used to winning, the previous coach did not want to leave but did on his own, and the athletic department said, 'Go get Glanville and hope he doesn't screw it up.'"

CSUBUCDAD
August 26th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Gotta love Glanville. Never a dull moment around him. xthumbsupx

appfan2008
August 26th, 2008, 12:34 PM
typical glanville quote i remember him from his days with the falcons

SideLine Shooter
August 26th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Glanville is The Man!!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Had a long conversation with him about 10 years ago. A little off the wall but a super nice person. Very smart on football too.

SoCon48
August 27th, 2008, 11:03 AM
Glanville is The Man!!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Had a long conversation with him about 10 years ago. A little off the wall but a super nice person. Very smart on football too.

The dumbass benched Settle.

NorthernColorado
August 27th, 2008, 11:20 AM
He couldn't drive a NASCAR Craftsman Truck if his life depended on it.

Grizzaholic
August 27th, 2008, 11:24 AM
He couldn't drive a NASCAR Craftsman Truck if his life depended on it.

And just where did this come from?

NorthernColorado
August 27th, 2008, 11:28 AM
And just where did this come from?

I saw him spin out twice at Colorado National Speedway during a NASCAR Craftsman truck race. He was really bad, the fans really got on him.

http://www.racing-reference.info/driver?id=glanvje01

Lehigh Football Nation
August 27th, 2008, 11:31 AM
I saw him spin out twice at Colorado National Speedway during a NASCAR Craftsman truck race. He was really bad, the fans really got on him.

I think he himself would tell you: Did Denver ever beat Houston? xlolx

Any NFL fan from a town not named Houston or Atlanta simply hated him. When I interviewed him, he was the best interview ever, basically.

Bull Fan
August 27th, 2008, 11:34 AM
And that's why he's a footall coach, and not some NASCAR redneck.

I wonder if he's still leaving tickets behind for Elvis at will call? Thinking of his colorful personality, it would be such a stretch to imagine him as a HC in the NFL these days. The coaches are so buttoned-down it's pathetic.

NorthernColorado
August 27th, 2008, 11:38 AM
And that's why he's a footall coach, and not some NASCAR redneck.

I wonder if he's still leaving tickets behind for Elvis at will call? Thinking of his colorful personality, it would be such a stretch to imagine him as a HC in the NFL these days. The coaches are so buttoned-down it's pathetic.

Amazing. He is not "some NASCAR redneck" so I assume you think NASCAR fans are bad? Yet, you like his colorful personality, leaving behind tickets for Elvis and all. Ironic since you are from Long Island, the capital of button-down pompus asses.

Grizzaholic
August 27th, 2008, 11:42 AM

And has he ever driven before? Not to hijack the thread here but if one has never driven before all bets are off as to how he would handle the vehicle.

Bull Fan
August 27th, 2008, 11:47 AM
I didn't equate redneck with bad, you did. In fact, we need rednecks; they validate how humans are still evolving ;)

In fact, I didn't say I liked or disliked him, you seem to be making most of the judgements here xeekx

NorthernColorado
August 27th, 2008, 11:47 AM
And has he ever driven before? Not to hijack the thread here but if one has never driven before all bets are off as to how he would handle the vehicle.

Yes, he had driven before (in the Busch series). He was attempting to be a serious race car driver, it just didn't work out.

NorthernColorado
August 27th, 2008, 11:48 AM
I didn't equate redneck with bad, you did. In fact, we need rednecks; they validate how humans are still evolving ;)

In fact, I didn't say I liked or disliked him, you seem to be making most of the judgements here xeekx

You are full of it. What if I said some Long Island Jew? Would that be connotated as negative? I am sure it would have.

Killtoppers90
August 27th, 2008, 12:00 PM
But he is still fun to watch! You never know what will be coming out of his mouth.

NorthernColorado
August 27th, 2008, 12:01 PM
But he is still fun to watch! You never know what will be coming out of his mouth.

Oh, I think Glanville is an asset to the Big Sky and college football. He has, as they say, credibility as well.

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 27th, 2008, 01:04 PM
Glanville is great for college football and the very weak BSC.

Colt Brennan told me he was a wealth of knowledge and one of the better coaches he ever had on the staff at Hawaii.