PDA

View Full Version : Who's for real...

ChickenMan
October 24th, 2005, 01:44 PM
UMass' defense or UNH's offense...??? UMass' 'D' is only giving up 7 points a game while UNH's 'O' is averaging 41 points per game. UMass' defense is good... but is it really as good as their stats seem to indicate? UMass opponents... other than URI and JMU (who they played in the mud bowl)... can hardly be decribed as offensive juggernaughts...

Richmond (without Stacy Tutt at QB)
Colgate
Albany
N'eastern
Maine

and is UNH's offense really as potent as it appears... Cal Davis held them well in check as did W&M. UNH pounded their other opponents but can any of these teams play defense?

Towson
Dartmouth
Villanova
URI
N'eastern

Who's for real... UMass or UNH...???

Should be a great game....hopefully the condition of the UMass field won't be a factor.

umassfan
October 24th, 2005, 01:47 PM
UMass' defense or UNH's offense...??? UMass' 'D' is only giving up 7 points a game while UNH's 'O' is averaging 41 points per game. UMass' defense is good... but is it really as good as their stats seem to indicate? UMass opponents... other than URI and JMU (who they played in the mud bowl)... can hardly be decribed as offensive juggernaughts...

Colgate
Albany
N'eastern
Maine

and is UNH's offense really as potent as it appears... Cal Davis held them well in check as did W&M. UNH pounded their other opponents but can any of these teams play defense?

Towson
Dartmouth
Villanova
URI
N'eastern

Should be a great game....hopefully the condition of the UMass field won't be a factor.
I am hoping the field conditions are a factor because that is the idea of home field advantage.... would it be to our favor to have the field nice and fast for UNHs offense or keep it sloped up for our D?

ChickenMan
October 24th, 2005, 01:53 PM
I am hoping the field conditions are a factor because that is the idea of home field advantage.... would it be to our favor to have the field nice and fast for UNHs offense or keep it sloped up for our D?

I don't think poor 'field conditions' are what most people would wish to be part of the 'home field' advantage. I know you weren't too happy with Colgate's snowy 'home field' advantage.. ;)

UNHknowledge
October 24th, 2005, 03:21 PM

Colgate
Albany
N'eastern
Maine

Towson
Dartmouth
Villanova
URI
N'eastern

Chickenman..as of today both of these units are for real simply because nobody else in I-AA has done what they have statistically. You can make them sound overrated if you'd like but the truth is they've done everything right to get them to this point. I'm excited to see which team proves themselves in the head-to-head battle this weekend.

umassfan
October 24th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Good thing O sells tickets and D wins championships. :D

89Hen
October 24th, 2005, 03:29 PM
Good thing O sells tickets
So does hockey. :p

Umass74
October 24th, 2005, 03:46 PM
IMHO, both the UMass defense and UNH's offense are for real.

UNH's offense is probably the best in I-AA right now. Their defense is suspect, but they score so much it doesn't matter. The wildcats are my choice for I-AA Champion this year.

UMass' defense is good too. We still held Maine to 14 points. Maine at Maine is not an easy place to play. UMass has had more physical problems on offense. We have been missing both starting tackles all season. Both seniors and one a Captain.

Which ever team that looses this Saturday will still be one you would not want to meet in the first round of the playoffs.

TigerFan17
October 24th, 2005, 07:19 PM

HAHAHAHA

blukeys
October 24th, 2005, 07:24 PM
I don't think poor 'field conditions' are what most people would wish to be part of the 'home field' advantage. I know you weren't too happy with Colgate's snowy 'home field' advantage.. ;)
Umassfan has changed his tune on this. No longer is anyone allowed 16 posts to complain about field conditions ask DB atlantic_10. ;) ;) ;)

umassfan
October 24th, 2005, 10:35 PM
Your act is old... get a new one :rolleyes:

PapaBear
October 25th, 2005, 08:13 AM
Good thing O sells tickets and D wins championships. :D

Not exactly.

Offense wins games and championships. Defense prevents losses.

With 2 minutes to go in a tied game and the ball on your own 20, who do you want on the field: Your Defense or your Offense?

UNHWildCats
October 25th, 2005, 08:46 AM
The New Hampshire offense if for real, Ricky Santos is one of the best QBs in college today and the greatest to play for New Hampshire ever. New Hampshire has had some good QBs but with his first Touchdown this weekend against UMass he will become the New Hampshire career leader just past midway of his Sophomore season.

http://www.theunionleader.com/doclib/photos/2005/october/1025santosgrid.jpg

ChickenMan
October 25th, 2005, 08:55 AM
No arquing about Santos... who is.... 37-39 for 440 yrds and 9 TDs in his last two games... :eek:

But UNH's offense has been controlled by UC Davis (13 points) and W&M (10 points) and UMass' 'D' is probably better than either of those two.

UNHWildCats
October 25th, 2005, 09:00 AM
William & Mary is a hard thing to figure out, basically there the Patriots to UNH's Colts. No matter how good UNH is or how mediocre W&M is UNH falters against them. keep in mind UNH dismantled the same URI team that beat W&M, you can file that game under a bad day for UNH. As for Cal-Davis, I'm not familiar with them, but being the first game of the season, one can wonder if they were working the kinks out of the offense. BTW UCD game was 17 points we held them to 13.

UNHWildCats
January 31st, 2008, 02:18 PM
The New Hampshire offense if for real, Ricky Santos is one of the best QBs in college today and the greatest to play for New Hampshire ever. New Hampshire has had some good QBs but with his first Touchdown this weekend against UMass he will become the New Hampshire career leader just past midway of his Sophomore season.

http://www.theunionleader.com/doclib/photos/2005/october/1025santosgrid.jpg
Hmmm I do believe this to be my very first AGS post :D

the pretty chart picture I had on there was deleted by the source host xnonono2x xlolx xlolx

UNHWildCats
January 31st, 2008, 02:20 PM
Hmmm I do believe this to be my very first AGS post :D

the pretty chart picture I had on there was deleted by the source host xnonono2x xlolx xlolx
Good thing I had it saved :p

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/2670/supersantospj3.jpg

ChickenMan
January 31st, 2008, 02:28 PM
Good thing I had it saved

the correct answer was UNH.. they won the game... 34-28.. ;)

UNHWildCats
January 31st, 2008, 02:29 PM
[quote=UNHWildCats;849964]Good thing I had it saved :p

the correct answer was UNH.. they won the game... 34-28.. ;)
ya but UMass got the best of UNH in 2006 in the playoffs xbawlingx xbawlingx