PDA

View Full Version : Sheridan Preseason Poll

TexasTerror
August 25th, 2008, 03:06 PM
How does Prairie View A&M get a #1 vote and finish 11th? I saw on the SWAC board, they were complaining about Norfolk being above Grambling....still not understanding PV's placement on here...

SCHOOL MASCOTS POINTS (#1 VOTES) 2007 RECORD

Tuskegee* Golden Tigers 241 (15) 12-0
Delaware State Hornets 197 (6) 10-2
Jackson State Tigers 193 (3) 8-4
South Carolina State Bulldogs 178 (4) 7-4
Southern Jaguars 152 (1) 8-3
Norfolk State Spartans 124 8-3
Grambling State Tigers 87 8-4
Virginia Union Panthers 65 9-3
Albany State Golden Rams 45 8-3
Alabama A&M Bulldogs 43 8-3

Others receiving votes

SCHOOL MASCOTS POINTS
Prairie View A&M (1) Panthers 31
Shaw University Bears 22
Hampton University Pirates 19
Winston Salem State Rams 12
Tennessee State Tigers 9

JMU2K_DukeDawg
August 25th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Now that's a head scratcher xconfusedx xrotatehx

813Jag
August 25th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Like it or not, it's going to take a couple of years for people to realize that PV is improving. People see the name and think "long losing streak". This is a big season for the Panthers, a finish in the top two of the West Division will go a long way in adding to their credibility. That's why their games against Grambling and Southern are huge this season.

Who do you remove so you can place them in the Top 10. BTW, I've never been a fan of the Sheridan poll.

Panther88
August 25th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Seems like pure historical biasness and zero name recognition. When you say "Prairie View," one thinks of the 80 game losing streak. :) Nothing more. So of course we cannot be somewhat serious about football currently. Surely not. xreadx

This year is the pivotal year for PV. It's make it or break it.

TexasTerror
August 25th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Like it or not, it's going to take a couple of years for people to realize that PV is improving. People see the name and think "long losing streak". This is a big season for the Panthers, a finish in the top two of the West Division will go a long way in adding to their credibility. That's why their games against Grambling and Southern are huge this season.

Perhaps the voters in this poll are not so educated. The FCS community is catching wind -- Henry Frazier III was named FCS Coach of the Year by a publication or few.

PV needs to take care of TSU in the opener and get that huge win vs Grambling. A win against SHSU would mean a lot for their program, but I just am not sure they can get it this year. I'd think they may be able to do so next year...