PDA

View Full Version : Kidd Brewer Pics?

jus10asu
August 25th, 2008, 02:07 PM
Anybody have any recent picture of Kidd Brewer? I haven't seen any since before fan fest and I won't be up till the Jacksonville game. Just wondering how the construction is coming along and what everything is looking like.

appfan2008
August 25th, 2008, 02:32 PM
oh... it is about time... anyone in boone got any from this weekend?

i am sure people on ags are gonna hate another asu thread but hey we want to see what the progress is!

Boone4280
August 25th, 2008, 02:56 PM
i just got moved in up here, living right next to the stadium. I dont have a camera, if i did id take some pics. But the stadium is looking good so far, alot of construction going on alllll day. One thing i noticed was the new scoreboard is up and looks awesome.

jus10asu
August 25th, 2008, 03:05 PM
Yeah I'm about to bust. I haven't been able to make it back up to Boone since I graduated in December so I'm having a little bit of withdrawal problems. I'm pumped about the new scoreboard, I always hated those second rate graphics that looked nothing like our team.

Is it Saturday yet???

IndianaAppMan
August 25th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Yeah I'm about to bust. I haven't been able to make it back up to Boone since I graduated in December so I'm having a little bit of withdrawal problems. I'm pumped about the new scoreboard, I always hated those second rate graphics that looked nothing like our team.

Is it Saturday yet???

Dude, I have zero sympathy for you. Last month I went to ASU for the first time since the '05 semifinal game against Furman. The campus looked absolutely amazing! No pictures can do it justice. I graduated only 4 years ago, but there's easily been 15 years worth of changes. On top of that, I have not been able to go to a single championship game or even a regular season game during this amazing run by ASU.

It's hard living in Indiana when most of your life is back in the Carolinas.

At least I've had the nice handy-dandy consolation prize of witnessing my Midwestern neighbors change their responses from, "AppaLAYshun State? Is that like a small school?" to "Oh wow. Who could ever forget you guys." Still, I miss App State so much it's ridiculous.

I wish I could be going to some games this fall, but life in the midwest (plus tight finances in grad school) interferes too much. I'm settling for the Penn State-Purdue game, which I'm convinced won't be as entertaining as any ASU game, but I'll try and enjoy it.

appfan2008
August 26th, 2008, 08:55 AM
any asu students on campus today... lets grab some pictures!!!

jus10asu
August 26th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Yes that would be most excellent.xcoffeex xcoffeex

I know people have been taking pictures from what I hear but nobody will put em up.

appfan2008
August 26th, 2008, 10:38 AM
Yes that would be most excellent.xcoffeex xcoffeex

I know people have been taking pictures from what I hear but nobody will put em up.

Ill be honest I truly dont know if I can wait till sept 6!!!

AppIAA
August 26th, 2008, 11:50 AM
any asu students on campus today... lets grab some pictures!!!

I will try to grab some tomorrow (Wednesday). Forgot my camera today but I park in Stadium lot so it should not be that difficult to get some good pictures

jus10asu
August 26th, 2008, 12:00 PM
Sounds good.

appfan2008
August 26th, 2008, 12:32 PM
I will try to grab some tomorrow (Wednesday). Forgot my camera today but I park in Stadium lot so it should not be that difficult to get some good pictures

great look forward to seeing them if it isnt raining too hard up there

jus10asu
August 27th, 2008, 07:31 AM
Nobody have any pictures yet? Come on!!

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 07:34 AM
that one guy said he parks in stadium lot and he would bring his camera today but it they have gotten 4 inches of rain over the last 2 days and it is still coming down so i dont know how much he is gonna want to be out taking pictures...

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 07:35 AM
by the way it annoys the heck out of me that asu has a nice construction progress page but they have updated it in a couple of weeks!

mountaineertider
August 27th, 2008, 07:35 AM
They were testing out the new scoreboard this morning while I was walking back from work. I couldn't really tell what it was, but it looks like there's gonna be a border on the sides of the screen that say the score and all that with a video in the middle. So I guess on replays they will take that off and use the whole board for the video, maybe

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 07:36 AM
that would be sweet... that is also what i heard...

ASUdrummer
August 27th, 2008, 08:13 AM
Hey guys, they're still not letting anyone into the stadium so the pics will probably only come from outside. However, I'm teaching the drumline this season and we have practice INSIDE the stadium tomorrow so I'll get some pics. Just so you know, the pictures of the new East stands from outside do NOT do it justice compared to standing on the 50 yard line looking up at it. Kidd Brewer will be a completely different atmosphere this year. Can't WAIT!!!

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 08:41 AM
Hey guys, they're still not letting anyone into the stadium so the pics will probably only come from outside. However, I'm teaching the drumline this season and we have practice INSIDE the stadium tomorrow so I'll get some pics. Just so you know, the pictures of the new East stands from outside do NOT do it justice compared to standing on the 50 yard line looking up at it. Kidd Brewer will be a completely different atmosphere this year. Can't WAIT!!!

I look forward to your pictures...

I was in the band (also my wife xrotatehx ) in 04 and 05 were you?

Also... are you headed with the pep band to lsu and if so when are you all leaving?

Killtoppers90
August 27th, 2008, 09:03 AM
I cannot wait to see the place all filled up for the Presb. game - I will be in the grass SRO section with my son. I bet the atmosphere will be electric!

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 09:09 AM
I cannot wait to see the place all filled up for the Presb. game - I will be in the grass SRO section with my son. I bet the atmosphere will be electric!

that will be a great spot to be to see the stadium filled up... but i would honestly suggest to take your son into the heart of the student section to get a good feeling of what it is like to stand on the bleachers the whole game amongst 10,000 crazy students... when you are on the hill there are a lot of distractions and such... no one cares about who is in the student section aka no one would stop you so try it!

ASUdrummer
August 27th, 2008, 09:22 AM
I look forward to your pictures...

I was in the band (also my wife xrotatehx ) in 04 and 05 were you?

Also... are you headed with the pep band to lsu and if so when are you all leaving?

04 and 05 were my first two years as a performer in the band so I'm sure we came across each other! As far as LSU, no I'm not included in that group. I chose to go to the JMU game! LSU will be awesome but in my opinion the JMU game will be more important and exciting. What'd you play in the band?

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 09:37 AM
trombone... and my wife was mello... we were freshman in 04 and played our first 2 years...

elkinftball2002
August 27th, 2008, 09:38 AM
the richmond game last year i noticed that anybody could go to the student section so that is where i ended up as well

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 09:44 AM
the richmond game last year i noticed that anybody could go to the student section so that is where i ended up as well

i have never been to a game as anything but a student so i may be biased but that is my opinion... also this year our seats will be upper deck on the east side... i convinced my wife we should try it... if it sux you better believe we will be jumping up and down on the bleachers with those that are now younger than us!

ASUMountaineer
August 27th, 2008, 10:06 AM
i have never been to a game as anything but a student so i may be biased but that is my opinion... also this year our seats will be upper deck on the east side... i convinced my wife we should try it... if it sux you better believe we will be jumping up and down on the bleachers with those that are now younger than us!

I think those seats would be nice. If I didn't already have seats on the upper level on the West side, on the aisle, right behind the band (:)) that's where I'd sit.

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I think those seats would be nice. If I didn't already have seats on the upper level on the West side, on the aisle, right behind the band (:)) that's where I'd sit.

i think where we are will be pretty nice... on abou the 30 yard line... directly across from the band and halfway up the upper deck should provide a great view...

ASUMountaineer
August 27th, 2008, 10:28 AM
i think where we are will be pretty nice... on abou the 30 yard line... directly across from the band and halfway up the upper deck should provide a great view...

I think so, I think they'll be good seats. You'll also get the sun shining on you when it gets cold.

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I think so, I think they'll be good seats. You'll also get the sun shining on you when it gets cold.

that was the selling point to my wife who can get cold quickly... she said she could put up with the heat and bright sun early to enjoy the warm sun a little longer late in the year

AppIAA
August 27th, 2008, 11:51 AM
that one guy said he parks in stadium lot and he would bring his camera today but it they have gotten 4 inches of rain over the last 2 days and it is still coming down so i dont know how much he is gonna want to be out taking pictures...

Yes, it is still raining and I have not been able to take my camera out yet.

Hopefully by tomorrow (Thursday) it will let up a bit

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 11:53 AM
Yes, it is still raining and I have not been able to take my camera out yet.

Hopefully by tomorrow (Thursday) it will let up a bit

sounds good... should be nicer tomorrow up there... look forward to it... thanks...

Grizaholic17
August 27th, 2008, 12:19 PM
I can't believe it's taking this long for some pictures. Usually you guys jump right on it. xcoffeex xcoffeex

:) :)

xpeacex

Mountaineer
August 27th, 2008, 12:21 PM
I can't believe it's taking this long for some pictures. Usually you guys jump right on it. xcoffeex xcoffeex

:) :)

xpeacex

xlolx

We've gotten 5 to 6 inches of rain from the remnants of Fay. It's cloudy, foggy and all-around pretty ick outside. :p

Grizaholic17
August 27th, 2008, 12:22 PM
xlolx

We've gotten 5 to 6 inches of rain from the remnants of Fay. It's cloudy, foggy and all-around pretty ick outside. :p

WOw, Fay was just approaching when I left NC on Thursday. Montana was beautiful the first part of the week, and now we're getting socked in with overcast in Missoula.

ASUMountaineer
August 27th, 2008, 12:23 PM
xlolx

Isn't it awesome? We've almost made up our deficit for rain fall this year thanks to Fay.

Mountaineer
August 27th, 2008, 12:28 PM
WOw, Fay was just approaching when I left NC on Thursday. Montana was beautiful the first part of the week, and now we're getting socked in with overcast in Missoula.

Where were you at? Enjoy the visit? :D

Isn't it awesome? We've almost made up our deficit for rain fall this year thanks to Fay.

Yup. I'm loving it along with the cooler temps. xthumbsupx

appfan2008
August 27th, 2008, 01:06 PM
Fay has caused some major flooding around the town of boone as well... with several roads under water...

appfan2008
August 28th, 2008, 07:28 AM
bump...

ASUMountaineer
August 28th, 2008, 07:29 AM
Where were you at? Enjoy the visit? :D

Yup. I'm loving it along with the cooler temps. xthumbsupx

Absolutely, one of the major things I miss about my 2 years in Michigan (and Boone somewhat) the cold weather.

jus10asu
August 28th, 2008, 07:33 AM
Pictures pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeeeee??? Anybody?xprayx xprayx xprayx

AppIAA
August 28th, 2008, 10:49 AM
Pictures pleeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaasssssssseeeeeeeeeee??? Anybody?xprayx xprayx xprayx

Yet again, its raining and I did not bring my camera -- its a pretty nice camera and I do not want to risk ruining it.

I just moved into a new apartment, so I can not find my old POS camera. I am going to unpack more tonight, and if it is still raining tomorrow, I will bring that one tomorrow to take pictures!

jus10asu
August 28th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I understand but rig up a grocery bag or something. I'm dyin here...

appfan2008
August 28th, 2008, 12:14 PM
I understand but rig up a grocery bag or something. I'm dyin here...

itll be alright they had a dang flooding storm go through there...

appfan2008
August 28th, 2008, 12:15 PM
oh and by the way i hope these rains arent slowing down the construction crews as the are preparing for next weekends games...

AppIAA
August 28th, 2008, 03:22 PM
they dont seem to be slowing them down too much. Saw them out there today working away and messing with the new scoreboard. Could not see a whole lot of the scoreboard other than the time was counting up..

asucrutch23
August 28th, 2008, 06:47 PM
The long wait is over!

Here are some I took today during the Mountaineers' practice:
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/asucrutch23/KBS001.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/asucrutch23/KBS004.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/asucrutch23/KBS005.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/asucrutch23/KBS006.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/asucrutch23/KBS007.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/asucrutch23/KBS009.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/asucrutch23/KBS010.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/asucrutch23/KBS013.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/asucrutch23/KBS014.jpg
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g289/asucrutch23/KBS015.jpg

I know they aren't the best angles, but hey, it was during practice. xthumbsupx

Skjellyfetti
August 28th, 2008, 06:50 PM
Great pics. Thanks for sharing!

appfan2008
August 28th, 2008, 07:08 PM
:D xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx xhurrayx :D
looks great... thanks for the pics...
those stadium lights sure look like a big time stadium!
it also looked like steal was going up on the final third of the new building...
it sure looks like some suite should go on the east side between the 2 levels...
also good to see the team back outside and the rains over after them being inside with all that rain recently...
thanks for the pics!

asucraig33
August 28th, 2008, 07:24 PM
LOVE IT!!! Can't wait for LSU but, dang, REALLY can't wait for Sept. 6th home opener!!! :D

ASUMountaineer
August 28th, 2008, 09:22 PM
Awesome, thanks Crutch.

Touchdown Yosef
August 28th, 2008, 09:34 PM
great pics, I can't wait to get up there and see it filled with screaming fans.

MSUBear42
August 28th, 2008, 09:44 PM
That pressbox/suite addition is just so amazing.

appfan2008
August 29th, 2008, 03:01 PM
That pressbox/suite addition is just so amazing.

arguably will be the best press box/suites in fcs football

IndianaAppMan
August 29th, 2008, 03:04 PM
arguably will be the best press box/suites in fcs football

i don't think there's too much of a contest, at least until JMU gets theirs done in the next few years.

it's darn close to being as nice as Purdue's Ross Ade Stadium's building. definitely better than ball state's.

as for stadiums overall, Montana is well-deserving of the nod.

Skjellyfetti
August 29th, 2008, 03:10 PM
i don't think there's too much of a contest, at least until JMU gets theirs done in the next few years.

it's darn close to being as nice as Purdue's Ross Ade Stadium's building. definitely better than ball state's.

as for stadiums overall, Montana is well-deserving of the nod.

It's going to be really similar to Deacon Tower at Wake Forest
(maybe even the same company?):

http://www.chathamjournal.com/weekly/moxiepix/b4_2182.jpg

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3150/2547455687_953468d1ca.jpg?v=0

http://www.mid-atlanticconstruction.com/midatlantic/home/images/MAC%20WF_1.jpg

furman94
August 29th, 2008, 03:49 PM
Wow, I think I give the nod to Deacon Tower over Kidd Brewer. That endzone complex looks NICE! So does the tower itself!

BeauFoster
August 29th, 2008, 04:19 PM
Wow, I think I give the nod to Deacon Tower over Kidd Brewer. That endzone complex looks NICE! So does the tower itself!

You can't really tell from that model, but the endzone complex at Groves (Weak's stadium) isn't all that nice. It's got hokey 70s style architecture. I've been in it a few times, it's nothing more than Owens Field House at Boone, only bigger. The tower, though, is out of this world nice. One of my good friend's father is a member of the Deacon club and has seats in there. They picked them out last week (pretty cool story-they had a lottery with everyone who has seats in it to draw for a 2 hour time spot. During that time, they got to pick out the seats) and got a tour of the place. Several hundred flat panel TVs throughout the club level, custom cherry floors, marble columns; just about anything you can imagine. They spent about double what ASU is spending, and theirs is only suites and pressbox, no locker rooms and training rooms. I'll try and take some pictures when I go to a game this season (just gotta work out the logistics with ASU games!)