PDA

View Full Version : JMU Fans

HenHouse1
October 24th, 2005, 11:49 AM
JMU fans impressed me very much.... They brought an excellent cheering section with them to a game where everyone was unsure of how the weather and field would hold up. It was an exciting game, and their fans made it better. They were very animated, the guy leading their cheers and the guy with the face paint were pretty entertaining. I though a funny moment was when JMU came within 28-21, they turned around and started trying to heckle us... pretty funny, we were just like "what's the score, look at the scoreboard," good natured ribbing on both sides. Anyway, just wanted to say that y'all are classy bunch, welcome anytime at "The Tub."
P.S. anyone know what happened with the hat being thrown on the field?

DB_Atlantic10
October 24th, 2005, 11:56 AM
JMU fans impressed me very much.... They brought an excellent cheering section with them to a game where everyone was unsure of how the weather and field would hold up. It was an exciting game, and their fans made it better. They were very animated, the guy leading their cheers and the guy with the face paint were pretty entertaining. I though a funny moment was when JMU came within 28-21, they turned around and started trying to heckle us... pretty funny, we were just like "what's the score, look at the scoreboard," good natured ribbing on both sides. Anyway, just wanted to say that y'all are classy bunch, welcome anytime at "The Tub."
P.S. anyone know what happened with the hat being thrown on the field?

Ironically that happened right in front of me.... it was a Delaware fan that got into it with a few JMU fans in the corner...and when security told him to move on, he appeared to get upset and threw his hat on the field and was swearing up and down as he was being carried away.... He's lucky because he threw his hat right at a bunch of UDel police standing near the endzone...they were looking at him with a pretty nasty stare. I thought he was going to get clubbed....... :deadhorse

JMU Duke Dog
October 24th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Thanks for the compliments HensHouse1. Besides being impressed with the field conditions, I was also impressed by the overall hospitality of the Delaware faithful. You all show a whole lot more sportsmanship and class than those from UMass this season and W&M last season. Good luck to you all and be excited about the future as Omar Cuff is nasty and only a sophomore.

Eaglegus2
October 24th, 2005, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the compliments HensHouse1. Besides being impressed with the field conditions, I was also impressed by the overall hospitality of the Delaware faithful. You all show a whole lot more sportsmanship and class than those from UMass this season and W&M last season. Good luck to you all and be excited about the future as Omar Cuff is nasty and only a sophomore.

The experience I have had with Delaware fans most are very classy. They even have a few of those other type fans. :eek:

I know!!! It is hard to believe. ;)

JMU Duke Dog
October 24th, 2005, 12:26 PM
Another thing that impressed me was that the security people at Delaware were good at removing the obnoxious fans.

On another note, I was disappointed with our offensive players when the talked back to drunk Delaware students that were heckling them during the first quarter before these fans were removied. The players need to be more disciplined and not respond to hecklers. Talk by how you play on the field. I hope this problem was/will be addressed and corrected by the JMU coaching staff.

grizband
October 24th, 2005, 12:44 PM
I can attest to the nature of JMU fans, which I experienced at the most heated of venues, last years title game. Other than the expected ribbing on both sides, they were respectful and wished us luck whenever we saw them in downtown Chattanooga before the game. Would be nice if we could get them out to Missoula for a game. Hell, I wish we could get a home and home with any A-10 team, to show them what games are like out west, and to experience some back east tradition.

putter
October 24th, 2005, 12:48 PM
I can attest to the nature of JMU fans, which I experienced at the most heated of venues, last years title game. Other than the expected ribbing on both sides, they were respectful and wished us luck whenever we saw them in downtown Chattanooga before the game. Would be nice if we could get them out to Missoula for a game. Hell, I wish we could get a home and home with any A-10 team, to show them what games are like out west, and to experience some back east tradition.

Maine and Hofstra have been good enough to do a home/home and I would like to see more east/west matchups!

ChickenMan
October 24th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Maine and Hofstra have been good enough to do a home/home and I would like to see more east/west matchups!

Nothing against Maine or Hofstra... but attending a game at either of those venues is a far cry from game day at Delaware or JMU. I can't see UD doing a home/home with the Griz... as they are trying to maximize home dates... so the Cubbies will just have to travel back east for a playoff game... hopefully next year... ;)

Grizo406
October 24th, 2005, 02:10 PM
The only Delaware fans I've met in person are ChickenMan, and Mrs. ChickenMan.

If she's any indication of the Delaware fan base, then the Hen Nation has more than a few things to be proud of!

putter
October 24th, 2005, 02:49 PM
Nothing against Maine or Hofstra... but attending a game at either of those venues is a far cry from game day at Delaware or JMU. I can't see UD doing a home/home with the Griz... as they are trying to maximize home dates... so the Cubbies will just have to travel back east for a playoff game... hopefully next year... ;)

It would be fun but I imagine with the high cost of fuel most cross-country OOC games will be put on hold for a while, at least betweem I-AA. I understand you are looking to come back to Big Sky Country CM. I am trying to get back east and see some Blue Hen Hospitality!!