MARS HILL 0

THE CITADEL 84
WEBBER INTERNATIONAL 7

WOFFORD-31
PRESBYTERIAN-12

UTC-0
OKLAHOMA-77

GO CATAMOUNTS!!! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

I would love to hear your logic on how lsu beats app worse that uga beats gsu.

Anyway

catamount man
August 23rd, 2008, 09:42 AM
BUMP xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

WCU LawCat
August 23rd, 2008, 12:19 PM
I actually think Richmond will beat Elon and UTC will score atleast once.

SideLine Shooter
August 23rd, 2008, 12:42 PM
I actually think Richmond will beat Elon and UTC will score atleast once.

I have to agree with Richmond beating Elon, but UTC will probably have to wait until the Sooners leave the field to score.

ElonPride
August 23rd, 2008, 01:00 PM
SAMFORD-31
W.GEORGIA-10

LSU 28
APP ST 13

GA SOUTHERN 3
GEORGIA 52

ELON 24
RICHMOND 28

FURMAN 42
MARS HILL 0

THE CITADEL 52
WEBBER INTERNATIONAL 7

WOFFORD-28
PRESBYTERIAN-3

UTC-7
OKLAHOMA-56

WESTERN CAROLINA 42
SHORTER 10

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 23rd, 2008, 01:09 PM
SAMFORD-31
W.GEORGIA-10

LSU 28
APP ST 13

GA SOUTHERN 3
GEORGIA 52

ELON 24
RICHMOND 28

FURMAN 42
MARS HILL 0

THE CITADEL 52
WEBBER INTERNATIONAL 7

WOFFORD-28
PRESBYTERIAN-3

UTC-7
OKLAHOMA-56

You forgot about WCU and Shorter.

PaladinFan
August 23rd, 2008, 03:11 PM
App State won't sneak up on LSU. Tigers put it away early.

Presbyterian has some internal struggles, it seems. Wofford takes advantage and moves on to an easy win.

Oklahoma scores early and often, though I do think UTC gets in the endzone at least once.

Why does The Citadel keep scheduling Webber? Don't even bother paying to see this game.

WCU breaks in a new era with a convincing win over Shorter.

Furman will keep it simple against Mars Hill, but the Paladins will give up a few scores late.

Elon will score early and Richmond will try to keep up. In the end the Phoenix make a big statement.

West Georgia is tougher than people give them credit for. Samford isn't exaclty a powerhouse. This game will be closer than most FCS-DII games end up.

Georgia will trot the subs out after the first quarter against GSU. Bad year to schedule the Dawgs.

furman94
August 23rd, 2008, 05:47 PM
I really don't see us giving up a 'couple' of scores to MHC. Now they might hold us under the 35-40 range, but I don't see then having more than 10 points in this game :D!

Applete
August 23rd, 2008, 06:16 PM
WESTERN CAROLINA 43
SHORTER 14

SAMFORD-31
W.GEORGIA-10

LSU 41
APP ST 6

GA SOUTHERN 10
GEORGIA 45

ELON 31
RICHMOND 23

FURMAN 42
MARS HILL 0

THE CITADEL 84
WEBBER INTERNATIONAL 7

WOFFORD-31
PRESBYTERIAN-12

UTC-0
OKLAHOMA-77

what bothers me about this one is, there is no way G. Southern scores more points against Georgia than App does against LSU. Not to mention it would appear that you have App kicking two field goals with no touchdowns. xnonox

gophoenix
August 23rd, 2008, 07:08 PM
My take:

WCU 54, Shorter 3
Samford 31, W Georgia 21
LSU 35, App 21 (App goes up early and LSU pulls away after the half)
Georgia 54, GSU 21
Richmond 42, Elon 28
Furman 42, Mars Hill 14
The Citadel 91, Webber 7 (yes I am picking that, The Citadel was worse last year and put up, what, 76?)
Wofford 42, Presby 15
Oklahoma 54, UTC 14 (UTC keeps it close for 1.5 quarters)

CID1990
August 23rd, 2008, 07:20 PM
If Webber scores a touchdown it is going to be a very long season for us. I think we will pull the starters no later than the half. last year, our third string offense AND the third dtring defense scored against these guys. It is difficult to keep the score down when your bench can score.

We don't KEEP scheduling them, the AD scheduled them on a two year deal and that was what they wanted. They get to see their name on the ESPN Ticker, and apparently that is a big deal or something.

Hopefully next year we will add another FCS OOC game. At least, that is what I am hoping for. I would like to see us re-kindle our old relationship with Patriot League teams, and continue scheduling Ivy league teams. After next year's Princeton game I wouldn't mind seeing Yale or Harvard on the schedule.

gophoenix
August 23rd, 2008, 07:47 PM
If Webber scores a touchdown it is going to be a very long season for us. I think we will pull the starters no later than the half. last year, our third string offense AND the third dtring defense scored against these guys. It is difficult to keep the score down when your bench can score.

We don't KEEP scheduling them, the AD scheduled them on a two year deal and that was what they wanted. They get to see their name on the ESPN Ticker, and apparently that is a big deal or something.

Hopefully next year we will add another FCS OOC game. At least, that is what I am hoping for. I would like to see us re-kindle our old relationship with Patriot League teams, and continue scheduling Ivy league teams. After next year's Princeton game I wouldn't mind seeing Yale or Harvard on the schedule.

Sorry, I thought they scored once last year. They didn't. I revise my prediction then. No score for them. I think you guys, even with 3rd string playing nearly the whole second half, could hang 100 on them easy.

You know, I would like to see Elon start playing an Ivy or PL team too.

Reign of Terrier
August 23rd, 2008, 08:26 PM
WESTERN CAROLINA 43
SHORTER 14

SAMFORD-31
W.GEORGIA-10

LSU 41
APP ST 6

GA SOUTHERN 10
GEORGIA 45

ELON 31
RICHMOND 23

FURMAN 42
MARS HILL 0

THE CITADEL 84
WEBBER INTERNATIONAL 7

WOFFORD-31
PRESBYTERIAN-12

UTC-0
OKLAHOMA-77

I pretty much agree but the score for PC- Wofford will have more points (but wofford still wins by double digits)

appchuck
August 23rd, 2008, 10:18 PM
WCU 42 Shorter 3 (Who?)
Samford 31 West Georgia 13
LSU 34 App 17 (I am picking up my tickets Monday)
Georgia 49 GSU 13 (This should be a bigger blowout)
Richmond 34 Elon 27 (This should really be a good game.)
Furman 37 Mars Hill 7 (Another Blowout)
The Citadel 48 Webber 3 (Another Who?)
Wofford 33 Presbyterian 21 (Could be a good game, or a blowout)
Oklahoma 59 UTC 10 (The biggest blowout of the bunch)

WCU LawCat
August 23rd, 2008, 10:51 PM
what bothers me about this one is, there is no way G. Southern scores more points against Georgia than App does against LSU. Not to mention it would appear that you have App kicking two field goals with no touchdowns. xnonox

I also feel the game will be over early and LSU will blast App. I do think App will stick with it and get some points in the 4th making it closer than what it really was. That's my prediction. Will not be a fun game to watch early for App fans. Just a hunch.

CID1990
August 23rd, 2008, 10:51 PM
WCU 42 Shorter 3 (Who?)
Samford 31 West Georgia 13
LSU 34 App 17 (I am picking up my tickets Monday)
Georgia 49 GSU 13 (This should be a bigger blowout)
Richmond 34 Elon 27 (This should really be a good game.)
Furman 37 Mars Hill 7 (Another Blowout)
The Citadel 48 Webber 3 (Another Who?)
Wofford 33 Presbyterian 21 (Could be a good game, or a blowout)
Oklahoma 59 UTC 10 (The biggest blowout of the bunch)

Webber will need to find a kicker if they want to get that three points.

They didn't have one last year.

PaladinFan
August 23rd, 2008, 10:56 PM
I also feel the game will be over early and LSU will blast App. I do think App will stick with it and get some points in the 4th making it closer than what it really was. That's my prediction. Will not be a fun game to watch early for App fans. Just a hunch.

The thing working against App (and the rest of us for that matter) is the Michigan game. LSU has no intention of letting an FCS embarrass them.

PaladinFan
August 23rd, 2008, 10:58 PM
I really don't see us giving up a 'couple' of scores to MHC. Now they might hold us under the 35-40 range, but I don't see then having more than 10 points in this game :D!

Bobby has a tendency to call off the dogs (sometimes far too early). The defense is still getting it's feet. I think we could score 60 on them if we wanted, but I see it in more of the 38-14 range.

Expect our running backs to have a lot of touches. Sorrells will get us a lead and then let Worley have a crack at some playing time. I predict our O-line will be on the bench by half time.

AppState
August 23rd, 2008, 11:58 PM
Shorter shocks the whee. (NAIA Top 25)

WCUFLALUM
August 24th, 2008, 12:34 AM
Shorter shocks the whee. (NAIA Top 25)

GIVE ME A BREAK! THE REAL TESTS OF THE CHANGES IN CULLOWHEE BEGIN NEXT WEEK.

WCU 56
SHORTER 10

AppState
August 24th, 2008, 12:41 AM
I thought you wanted a prediction. Would you prefer I follow your line of thinking? That's not terribly fun.

Uncle Buck
August 24th, 2008, 07:18 AM
I won't bother predicting the other games, but that Richmond/Elon game should be a great one. It'll be interesting to see how Richmond responds to the new leadership and how Elon comes in trying to make a statement.

2xspyder
August 24th, 2008, 10:45 AM
Elon looks good, but Richmond tasted the final four last year, and will be playing to go back.

phoenixphanatic21
August 24th, 2008, 12:53 PM
Elon looks good, but Richmond tasted the final four last year, and will be playing to go back.

And Elon is playing to get back after they got so close to it last year. The new motto this year is "Finish". It didn't the team long to figure that one out. And Elon is losing only 6 players from last year's squad and have some good talented newcomers. It's gonna be a hell of a game, and last team to have to ball will win.

And what the hell, I'll be optimistic and say Elon wins 38-34

walliver
August 24th, 2008, 01:12 PM
I'm afraid West Georgia may pull an upset. In the other games FBS > SoCon > everybody else (for this week at least).

PaladinFan
August 24th, 2008, 02:19 PM
I'm afraid West Georgia may pull an upset. In the other games FBS > SoCon > everybody else (for this week at least).

I'm agreeing with you. UWG played our playoff bound team tough two years ago. Generally, they can't score on a retirement home's second string, but they play pretty solid defense.

I figure it to be a low scoring game. They might just pull an upset.

bobbythekidd
August 24th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I hope so. It would make our near miss with them last year easier to take. We pulled it out, but they had us at the half.

terrierbob
August 24th, 2008, 03:53 PM
"Wofford 33 Presbyterian 21 (Could be a good game, or a blowout)"

##################################################
Ayers seems less concerned than most Terrier fans about our secondary. Maybe a close score will help season the DBs.

PaladinFan
August 24th, 2008, 04:35 PM
What's going on at Presby? Word on our forum is that they are down to just one returning coach outside of Bentley. Most of our fans are chalking it up to Bentley's arrogance.

Don't worry. If you beat the Hose by 40 Bentley will write on his blog how they had Wofford right where they wanted them and just didn't execute.

Reign of Terrier
August 24th, 2008, 04:44 PM
What's going on at Presby? Word on our forum is that they are down to just one returning coach outside of Bentley. Most of our fans are chalking it up to Bentley's arrogance.

Don't worry. If you beat the Hose by 40 Bentley will write on his blog how they had Wofford right where they wanted them and just didn't execute.

Not to mention their defense was horrible last year against not very impressive opponents. And contrary to other teams' beliefs Wofford's offense will be just as good as last year if not better (depth and talent at every position). The defense will be pretty good too, we seem to have less experience but more speed.

PaladinFan
August 24th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Not to mention their defense was horrible last year against not very impressive opponents. And contrary to other teams' beliefs Wofford's offense will be just as good as last year if not better (depth and talent at every position). The defense will be pretty good too, we seem to have less experience but more speed.

Yeah, but again the Terriers fall into the same category as Furman, GSU, and the Citadel. It just isn't easy to graduate a senior leader on offense and replace them without missing a beat.

Wofford's problem on defense over the years hasn't necessarily been a lack of speed. It's been the inability to slow down teams with power offenses. The Terriers could, unexplicably sometimes, beat GSU year in year out by neutralizing their quickness. However, they would have a whale of a time stopping a big smash mouth running game like Furman. There just wasn't enough lead in the pants in the front 7.

Defensive speed is great, but at the point of contact they still have to have the ability to make a tackle.

'neers79
August 24th, 2008, 05:51 PM

-Elon smelled a win over the champs last year. I say they beat the Spiders.

Reign of Terrier
August 24th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Yeah, but again the Terriers fall into the same category as Furman, GSU, and the Citadel. It just isn't easy to graduate a senior leader on offense and replace them without missing a beat.

Wofford's problem on defense over the years hasn't necessarily been a lack of speed. It's been the inability to slow down teams with power offenses. The Terriers could, unexplicably sometimes, beat GSU year in year out by neutralizing their quickness. However, they would have a whale of a time stopping a big smash mouth running game like Furman. There just wasn't enough lead in the pants in the front 7.

Defensive speed is great, but at the point of contact they still have to have the ability to make a tackle.

The speed's in the secondary. the front 7 returns 5 starters (all seniors) to a defense that was great at stopping the run last year (meaning we have enough lead in our pants). last year we had trouble defending offenses with good (not neccasarily great) passing games such as Elon, GSU, and Richmond. The speed/talent of the secondary should help against defending the pass as the season goes on as the corners gain experience. Opening up against a team like PC who passes the ball alot should be good preparation for a team like Elon or App.

...Now you got me babbling about my team I just want to let you know that wasn't my point. My point was that Wofford's offense will do way better against PC's defense than PC's offense will do against Wofford's defense

CID1990
August 24th, 2008, 06:31 PM
And Elon is playing to get back after they got so close to it last year. The new motto this year is "Finish". It didn't the team long to figure that one out. And Elon is losing only 6 players from last year's squad and have some good talented newcomers. It's gonna be a hell of a game, and last team to have to ball will win.

And what the hell, I'll be optimistic and say Elon wins 38-34

With as close as the SoCon is likely going to be (like it was alst year), every game is going to be huge. I think that the fact that we are playing two FBS schools is going to keep us out of an at large bid.

Elon really needs to beat Richmond, because I think they lose two SoCon games.

08Dawg
August 24th, 2008, 06:33 PM
If we don't hang 75+ points on Webber, I'll be embarrased. I remember last year we ran three straight hey diddle diddle run it up the middle plays with the third string RB just so we wouldn't advance the ball.

I think App's going to put up a fight, but they won't sneak up on LSU. The only chance they have to win is if they can somehow get the game to OT. LSU likes to lose those xlolx

And we'll beat Furman. We beat them last with with Gray and their big FB. They've lost those two this year. That's a W, guaranteed.

furman94
August 24th, 2008, 07:35 PM
Really? A W guaranteed? Trust me bud, your random and sparse wins against my Paladins are NOT forgotten easily. That score of 54-51 is in the lockers of every player and WILL be avenged this year in Greenville. Go ahead and mark us down as a W, but you'll be in for a RUDE awakening come gameday. This is a different PALADIN team this year!

4 QUARTERS IN 2008 DINS!

elon77
August 24th, 2008, 07:47 PM
With as close as the SoCon is likely going to be (like it was alst year), every game is going to be huge. I think that the fact that we are playing two FBS schools is going to keep us out of an at large bid.

Elon really needs to beat Richmond, because I think they lose two SoCon games.

I think Elon is going to be much quicker than Richmond. Speed will win out and the Spiders will go down in defeat. Good game though, and I will be there. Socon 1, CAA 0. Great start for the Phoenix and the Socon.xnodx xnodx xnodx xnodx

PaladinFan
August 24th, 2008, 08:20 PM
If we don't hang 75+ points on Webber, I'll be embarrased. I remember last year we ran three straight hey diddle diddle run it up the middle plays with the third string RB just so we wouldn't advance the ball.

I think App's going to put up a fight, but they won't sneak up on LSU. The only chance they have to win is if they can somehow get the game to OT. LSU likes to lose those xlolx

And we'll beat Furman. We beat them last with with Gray and their big FB. They've lost those two this year. That's a W, guaranteed.

Offense is probably better than it was last year. Yes, no Felton, but a much better passing game and a lot more speed at running back.

The Citadel beats us every now and again. Hats off the the Cadets for a furious comeback last year, but lightening won't strike twice. Don't forget you too graduated your top offensive player. Lawson saved your team against the Paladins.

Dinman31
August 24th, 2008, 09:42 PM
Offense is probably better than it was last year. Yes, no Felton, but a much better passing game and a lot more speed at running back.

The Citadel beats us every now and again. Hats off the the Cadets for a furious comeback last year, but lightening won't strike twice. Don't forget you too graduated your top offensive player. Lawson saved your team against the Paladins.

I'm sort of enjoying the underdog role this year. We blew a two score lead in the second half at Hofstra and two 17-point leads at The Citadel in the first half of last season. In other words, we were a halfway decent defense from going at least 8-3.

We pulled things together to win 4 of the last 5, including two victories over ranked teams....all without our biggest offensive weapon (RJ Webb). Though nobody, even Furman fans, mentions it, the Paladins ran the spread for most of those games AND played the so-called "new" 4-2-5 defense for the last two games.

The defense is a year older and has added some good young talent although we WILL be thin at several positions as we transition to the 4-2-5. Offensively, we get Webb and TE Chris Truss back from injury and have gamebreaking back Mike Brown for a full season. Also, I don't think I could find more than a handful of fans that would prefer to have Renaldo Gray returning this year over starting Jordan Sorrells.

The schedule is tough, but this team has a chance at a very surprising year considering the preseason predictions of 5th or 6th in the league and outside the top 30 in FCS.

Dinman31
August 24th, 2008, 09:44 PM
I almost forgot....Furman 41 Mars Hill 10. Coach Lamb never show much in the opener. It and the VT game will be tune-ups for Sept. 13 versus Delaware.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 24th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Really? A W guaranteed? Trust me bud, your random and sparse wins against my Paladins are NOT forgotten easily. That score of 54-51 is in the lockers of every player and WILL be avenged this year in Greenville. Go ahead and mark us down as a W, but you'll be in for a RUDE awakening come gameday. This is a different PALADIN team this year!

4 QUARTERS IN 2008 DINS!

Gee, he sounds a lot like the Furman fans on here sound about their game with GSU for this year. You guys are #2 on our hit list for next year. You guys had best bring your best game that day.

PaladinFan
August 24th, 2008, 10:23 PM
Gee, he sounds a lot like the Furman fans on here sound about their game with GSU for this year. You guys are #2 on our hit list for next year. You guys had best bring your best game that day.

Dinman is spot on. Furman fell apart in the games against the Citadel and Hofstra. They were also up big on Elon who came back and made it closer than it was.

GSU is a rivalry game and always big for us. The Eagles don't necessarily play well in Greenville.

ASU88
August 25th, 2008, 07:26 AM
LSU 41 App St 20
Georgia 45 GSU 10
Oklahoma 63 UTC 6
Samford 27 W Georgia 17
Elon 37 Richmond 34
Furman 45 Mars Hill 3
The Citadel 42 Webber 0
Wofford 27 Presbyterian 16
Western 38 Shorter 10

ElonPride
August 25th, 2008, 07:50 AM
They were also up big on Elon who came back and made it closer than it was.

Made it closer than it was? Riddle broke the SoCon passing record in that game. Elon lost but he lit you up for 534 yards passing!!! Elon had 3 guys with over 100 yards receiving!

Hudgins - 207
Mayers - 137
Williamson - 115

Closer than it was? Truth of the matter is, if it weren't for some season ending surgeries before that game, Elon would've blown it WIDE open!!!

Woof
August 25th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Agreed. The SoCon teams need to schedule more Ivy's and other rival conf FCS schools rather than on-line schools like Weber and Shorter.

BTW, your Dogs are going to see both ends of the football spectrum just 7 days apart. After you whip up on the night school, you get to play the part of road kill for Clemson. Should be quite a contrast ! xeekx

drpnut
August 25th, 2008, 12:07 PM
Woffy by 28 over PC
LSU by 21 over APP
Okky by40 over Chatty
Furple by 30 over Mars Hill
Western by 24 over Shorter
ElCid by 50 over Webby
Samford by 9 over West Georgie
Richmond by 7 over Elon

SoCon48
August 25th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Made it closer than it was? Riddle broke the SoCon passing record in that game. Elon lost but he lit you up for 534 yards passing!!! Elon had 3 guys with over 100 yards receiving!

Hudgins - 207
Mayers - 137
Williamson - 115

Closer than it was? Truth of the matter is, if it weren't for some season ending surgeries before that game, Elon would've blown it WIDE open!!!\

LOL. Same with the 1st string ASU QB not getting to play.

PTW16
August 25th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Agreed. The SoCon teams need to schedule more Ivy's and other rival conf FCS schools rather than on-line schools like Weber and Shorter.

I agree with this to a point. However, if a team is playing Clemson and Florida in the same year, then I'm sure the coaching staff and players need a "gimme" like Webber International... Besides, El Cid's other "gimme" win (Charleston Southern) wouldn't schedule the Dogs this year xlolx

Woof
August 25th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Those big game payouts come with a price! Higgins will be in a pickle if El Cid is on the bubble for the playoffs at the end of the SoCon season...do you play the starters against Florida and risk not having them for the playoffs OR do you let the scout team take their licks against the Gators risking the blowout and possible loss of a playoff invite. I would think you have to go with the starters first half but it would be tough to start the playoffs with key players in the Infirmary.xeyebrowx Only gets more complicated if Florida needs to make a late season statement to impress pollsters/ bowl committees ...xoopsx

I agree with this to a point. However, if a team is playing Clemson and Florida in the same year, then I'm sure the coaching staff and players need a "gimme" like Webber International... Besides, El Cid's other "gimme" win (Charleston Southern) wouldn't schedule the Dogs this year xlolx

furman94
August 25th, 2008, 04:55 PM

Hudgins - 207
Mayers - 137
Williamson - 115

Closer than it was? Truth of the matter is, if it weren't for some season ending surgeries before that game, Elon would've blown it WIDE open!!!

SCOREBOARD! xcoffeex

PaladinFan
August 25th, 2008, 05:11 PM

Hudgins - 207
Mayers - 137
Williamson - 115

He threw for so many yards because the Phoenix managed a whopping 16 yards on the ground!!! Furman was up 24-7 at the half! Congrats, you passed on us. Everyone passed on us.

My hats were off to Elon for making it a game. Furious comeback. But I don't think anyone in the stands watching that game could look at the field and say the Phoenix were the better football team. I was shocked at the final score. Furman held at least a double digit lead from early in the second quarter until the final two minutes of the game.

Saint3333
August 25th, 2008, 08:14 PM
My take:

WCU 54, Shorter 3
Samford 31, W Georgia 21
LSU 35, App 21 (App goes up early and LSU pulls away after the half)
Georgia 54, GSU 21
Richmond 42, Elon 28
Furman 42, Mars Hill 14
The Citadel 91, Webber 7 (yes I am picking that, The Citadel was worse last year and put up, what, 76?)
Wofford 42, Presby 15
Oklahoma 54, UTC 14 (UTC keeps it close for 1.5 quarters)

Nothing add here, great predictions. I'm not sure ASU will ever have the lead in our opener, but I like the way you think. It seems the two pre-2007 Elon posters on here (GP and EP) have realistic expectations compared to the news coming out of Elon lately. Richmond is a solid team, and Elon keeping it close is a sign of how far that program has come in just two years.