PDA

View Full Version : Gatway Predictions 10/29

shakdaddy3
October 24th, 2005, 10:24 AM
* Indiana State at Missouri State
* Western Illinois at Illinois State
* Youngstown State at Northern Iowa
* Southern Illinois at Western Kentucky

Those are the games and I say that Missouri State wins over InSU, IlSU wins over Western Illinois, YSU wins IF Eric Sanders is still out, and SIU wins over WKU in a tight game. I have to say that the SIU vs WKU match up is very interesting since SIU can be a hard team to beat when they are in high gear. Just for the fact that WKU beat ILSU at home and ILSU stomped SIU at home, I'm gonna say that trend continues and SIU upsets WKU at home.

galojay
October 24th, 2005, 10:55 AM
Missouri State
Illinois State
Youngstown State
Western Kentucky

With our without Sanders, YSU is the real deal and will win.

Redbird Fan 21
October 24th, 2005, 11:22 AM
MSU by more than14
ILSU by more than 21
UNI by less that 7 if Sanders plays
SIU in overtime

Paladin1aa
October 24th, 2005, 11:54 AM
YSU
WKU
ILS
MSU

Toppermaniac
October 24th, 2005, 10:29 PM
Missouri State
Illinois State
Northern Iowa
WKU

shakdaddy3
October 25th, 2005, 10:10 AM
MSU by more than14
ILSU by more than 21
UNI by less that 7 if Sanders plays
SIU in overtime

I like your picks with your scores. I agree that SIU can beat WKU, some people might get surprised. Also, I like the UNI pick as long as Sanders plays because I think that'll be a key for UNI. Althought I don't think their back up did bad, I really think he did well against ISU, Sanders can get the long ball going and stretch defenses better. I guess we'll see....

GO YOU REDBIRDS!!!!!!

Paladin1aa
October 25th, 2005, 11:00 AM
Sanders or no Sanders, watch the YSU -UNI game.

Results will shock everyone.

skinny_uncle
October 25th, 2005, 11:04 AM
I'll pick:
SIU-Strictly a homer pick, no excuses
MSU-I still don't think the Trees are beating anyone this year
YSU-Tough at the dome, but the Penguins are playing well
ILS-hottest team in conference right now, should win out

siugrad99
October 25th, 2005, 11:10 AM
As an SIU alum i'd love to drink the Maroon & White Kool-Aid this week, but I honestly don't see us coming out of WKU with a win, actually see us with a score similar to the ILSU game. I haven't seen any adjustments or improvements with the team from the Indiana State game which leads me to believe WKU will exploit our weaknesses all night. I hope i'm wrong, but my gut tells me i'm not. Not surprised to see Paladin pick against SIU (hater) I just hope we can hand YSU their lunch in 2 weeks and see how much he chokes on it :) (fingers crossed). Would love to see an upset or 2 this weekend, but also don't see it in the cards. As poorly as SIU has played ALL season somehow we still hold our own GFC and Playoff destiny in our hands IF we can find a way to win out. EXTREMELY TOUGH, but stranger things have happened on any given THURSDAY & SATURDAY :)

Go Dawgs !

ysubigred
October 25th, 2005, 11:26 AM
SIU
MSU
ILSt.
YSU

Paladin1aa
October 25th, 2005, 11:41 AM
I see SIU as badly over-rated this year. No hate. You just lost too much and others are better this year.

And I don't see anyone beating WKU in the GFC except YSU.

ILS could win out. They are that good and we saw that when we beat them.

Three GFC teams to the play-offs. :nod:

HensRock
October 25th, 2005, 02:36 PM
I think Ill State is going to win the Gateway outright this year.
I also beleive that WKU will be an at-large selection to the playoffs.

siugrad99
October 25th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Explain how ILSU wins the Gateway outright with 3 conference games left & their 2 losses being to the 2 undefeated teams in the conference. Please gather some information before making statements that can only make you look silly

FlyYtown
October 25th, 2005, 06:59 PM
YSU
MSU
ISU
WKU

Go Penguins!

Toppermaniac
October 25th, 2005, 08:09 PM
Explain how ILSU wins the Gateway outright with 3 conference games left & their 2 losses being to the 2 undefeated teams in the conference. Please gather some information before making statements that can only make you look silly

I was sort of wondering the same thing. Not a very well researched post, IMO. Does this guy think that both WKU and YSU are going to lose all three of their remaining conference games? Pretty tough to do that considering they still have to play each other. In a worst case scenario, either WKU or YSU (depending on who wins their game) will end up 5-2 in the conference, and both of them have already beaten Ill. St. Ill. St. already has 2 conference losses. In other words, it's impossible for Ill. St. to win the Gateway outright. Can't happen.

shakdaddy3
October 26th, 2005, 11:16 AM
Unfortunately us winning conference would take a pretty large miracle.. I think if there was a 4 way tie between ILSU, WKU, YSU, and SIU there is a chance, but I don't even think that will work. Besides, making the playoffs is the most important thing because that gives a team the chance to get a much cooler nationaly championship as opposed to a conference championship...

OSUPenguin
October 26th, 2005, 12:34 PM
Missouri State
Illinois State
Youngstown State
Western Kentucky

Happy Penguin
October 26th, 2005, 01:06 PM
I see SIU as badly over-rated this year. No hate. You just lost too much and others are better this year.

ILS could win out. They are that good and we saw that when we beat them.

Three GFC teams to the play-offs. :nod:

What he said...all true. YSU, WKU and IlSt all to the playoffs this year.

shakdaddy3
October 28th, 2005, 09:43 AM
* Indiana State at Missouri State
* Western Illinois at Illinois State
* Youngstown State at Northern Iowa
* Southern Illinois at Western Kentucky

Those are the games and I say that Missouri State wins over InSU, IlSU wins over Western Illinois, YSU wins IF Eric Sanders is still out, and SIU wins over WKU in a tight game. I have to say that the SIU vs WKU match up is very interesting since SIU can be a hard team to beat when they are in high gear. Just for the fact that WKU beat ILSU at home and ILSU stomped SIU at home, I'm gonna say that trend continues and SIU upsets WKU at home.

CALLED IT!!!!! Isn't football just crazy? It's not that SIU is overrated, it's just that any team in the gateway (except INSU) can win almost any given week.

GoGuins
October 28th, 2005, 10:05 AM

You wanna retract this statement Paly? :D

Paladin1aa
October 28th, 2005, 10:19 AM
Nope !! :D And you'll find out why next week !! :p

Note, while we are staying healthy, others are getting hurt.

Congrats to SIU.