PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Teams Get Excited About Scrimmage Results from Players?

mcveyrl
August 22nd, 2008, 12:36 PM
I was just looking at JMU's website and the story about our last scrimmage. The article said that Griff Yancey had two TDs in the scrimmage, one on a 51-yd. drive.

Maybe it's the pessimist in me, but I was thinking "how the !@@# did our defense give up a 51-yd. run." Isn't the scrimmage kind of a win-lose proposition?

I understand that's the nature of an intersquad scrimmage, but because of that, is it really worth reporting or getting excited about?

Discuss. 8 days...8 days.

appfan2008
August 22nd, 2008, 12:40 PM
I was just looking at JMU's website and the story about our last scrimmage. The article said that Griff Yancey had two TDs in the scrimmage, one on a 51-yd. drive.

Maybe it's the pessimist in me, but I was thinking "how the !@@# did our defense give up a 51-yd. run." Isn't the scrimmage kind of a win-lose proposition?

I understand that's the nature of an intersquad scrimmage, but because of that, is it really worth reporting or getting excited about?

Discuss. 8 days...8 days.

I agree wholeheartedly...this has confused me in the past as well...

David Jackson (love the man) will say in the daily practice that so and so had a great day rushing with 150 yards and three tds in a scrimmage at the end of practice and then the very next sentence he will say that the dl have a great afternoon stopping everyone trying to run through... xeyebrowx

mcveyrl
August 22nd, 2008, 12:48 PM
I agree wholeheartedly...this has confused me in the past as well...

David Jackson (love the man) will say in the daily practice that so and so had a great day rushing with 150 yards and three tds in a scrimmage at the end of practice and then the very next sentence he will say that the dl have a great afternoon stopping everyone trying to run through... xeyebrowx

Yea, the same article I read said that three or four different people had INTs. Who the hell is throwing these INTs!!!???

DTSpider
August 22nd, 2008, 01:38 PM
You've got it right. Richmond had the same thing up about how the defense had something like 8 sacks in Tuesdays scrimmage. Not real comforting about the pass protection :(

Oh well, I guess it's just what you have to do this time of year.