PDA

View Full Version : Southern AD: We Want to Be 2008 App St

TexasTerror
August 21st, 2008, 08:56 PM
From an article in Houston...

"Like the Appalachian State game against Michigan last year, we want to be the new Appalachian State for the 2008 season."

Appalachian State, like Southern, is a member of the NCAA Division 1 Football Championship Subdivision (formerly Division 1-AA). The Mountaineers shocked Michigan last year 34-32 in one of the biggest upsets in college football history.

LaFleur, are you kidding me?

Southern would be more like New Hampshire knocking off Northwestern or probably closer to Nicholls State knocking off Rice, since Rice is a non-BCS conference squad.

If SU were to win, it would be heralded by the FCS community, but more at the level of UNH or Nicholls State's most recent wins over FBS schools...

I'm rooting for Southern to win -- I think they have a 10% chance at best -- but I would not put them in the same breath as App St over Michigan.

DSUrocks07
August 21st, 2008, 09:05 PM
The only team with a chance to be the App State of 2008 is...App State

Big words coming out of the Bayou...but come on...seriously??xconfusedx xconfusedx

TexasTerror
August 21st, 2008, 09:19 PM
There's a few other schools that could become the "Appalachian State of 2008" in terms of the foes they play...though you are right, the marquee game of all, bigger than AppSt-Michigan, when it comes to FCS vs FBS is the App St @ LSU game...

Hoping that FCS hangs 12-15 wins...

Rob Iola
August 21st, 2008, 09:30 PM
"the new Appalachian State"???

inbred with missing teeth?

The Cats
August 21st, 2008, 11:13 PM

Oh, you must have been to Boone?????? xthumbsupx

813Jag
August 22nd, 2008, 05:04 AM

Southern would be more like New Hampshire knocking off Northwestern or probably closer to Nicholls State knocking off Rice, since Rice is a non-BCS conference squad.

If SU were to win, it would be heralded by the FCS community, but more at the level of UNH or Nicholls State's most recent wins over FBS schools...

I'm rooting for Southern to win -- I think they have a 10% chance at best -- but I would not put them in the same breath as App St over Michigan.
Those are big words for sure, but if you look at it this way no HBCU has knocked off a FBS team. And since we are precieved to be inferior (with the record against the Southland ad nauseam) a win would be huge. I'm not predicting a win, I want a good showing and no injuries.

AppAlum2003
August 22nd, 2008, 07:13 AM

See, there you go again with your "glass half empty" analogy... we prefer to think of ourselves as "inbred with a few teeth."

ASUG8
August 22nd, 2008, 07:18 AM
Oh, you must have been to Boone?????? xthumbsupx

Those who live in Dullowhee shouldn't cast stones.....:D

appfan2008
August 22nd, 2008, 07:30 AM

only a couple... :)

TexasTerror
August 22nd, 2008, 08:15 AM
Those are big words for sure, but if you look at it this way no HBCU has knocked off a FBS team. And since we are precieved to be inferior (with the record against the Southland ad nauseam) a win would be huge. I'm not predicting a win, I want a good showing and no injuries.

A lot of the SU fans are predicting wins, at least those represented on TSPN. Seems a bit of a stretch as you said as no HBCU has knocked off an FBS team at this point.

813Jag
August 22nd, 2008, 08:28 AM
A lot of the SU fans are predicting wins, at least those represented on TSPN. Seems a bit of a stretch as you said as no HBCU has knocked off an FBS team at this point.
Fans are fans, lots of fans think their school will win. I've seen about 2-3 people on the SWAC page say Southern will win. Who cares? Houston fans think they will beat us by more than they beat TSU. That's their opinion, it doesn't bother me one but. Well you did say we have a 10% chance, so that's good enough for me.

I'm sure there are some Sam Houston fans who think they will beat Kansas. None of us as fans have any impact on the actual play on the field. We won't score a TD or make a tackle this season. Why don't you comment on the folks on this very site that think their team will win their FBS game. I guess they are wrong for thinking that way as well? Am I right?

appmaj
August 22nd, 2008, 08:44 AM

Are we really "missing" them?

Thundering_Herd
August 22nd, 2008, 09:15 AM
We won't score a TD or make a tackle this season.

Oh you could, but they don't like it when you come out of the stands and surprise a second-stringer on the sidelines like that!!!

813Jag
August 22nd, 2008, 09:19 AM
Oh you could, but they don't like it when you come out of the stands and surprise a second-stringer on the sidelines like that!!!
It would spice up the game. xlolx If you move fast enough they won't catch you until you are off the field.

TexasTerror
August 22nd, 2008, 09:57 AM
I'm sure there are some Sam Houston fans who think they will beat Kansas.

Nope -- our fans are just hoping we split, if not sweep the back-to-back against UCA and McNeese. You don't hear or see our fans talking about Kansas other than making it through without any major injuries...

Why don't you comment on the folks on this very site that think their team will win their FBS game. I guess they are wrong for thinking that way as well? Am I right?

There are a few that actually have much more legitimate chances than a Southern against Houston. Last year, UAPB vs New Mexico State was a pretty legit chance in my eyes. I was really shocked to see how Southern fans were making Houston seem like 'chumps' who can not compete at the FBS level. This is not the Cougars of Kim Helton. Art Briles turned the program around...

813Jag
August 22nd, 2008, 10:15 AM
Nope -- our fans are just hoping we split, if not sweep the back-to-back against UCA and McNeese. You don't hear or see our fans talking about Kansas other than making it through without any major injuries...

There are a few that actually have much more legitimate chances than a Southern against Houston. Last year, UAPB vs New Mexico State was a pretty legit chance in my eyes. I was really shocked to see how Southern fans were making Houston seem like 'chumps' who can not compete at the FBS level. This is not the Cougars of Kim Helton. Art Briles turned the program around...
So basically what you are saying is that those few posters on the SWACpage dictate how all Southern fans feel? And you are also saying that nobody from Sam Houston thinks that you guys will win? (I find that hard to believe) Are the people on the Houston board wrong for thinking they will whip us like they did Texas Southern or worse?

I've been following Houston football for a while, I saw them in person at LSU two times. I don't understand why you feel the need to talk to everybody like they have no idea of what's going on. I read magazines and post on other boards to get a first hand knowledge.

3rd Coast Tiger
August 22nd, 2008, 11:40 AM
So basically what you are saying is that those few posters on the SWACpage dictate how all Southern fans feel? And you are also saying that nobody from Sam Houston thinks that you guys will win? (I find that hard to believe) Are the people on the Houston board wrong for thinking they will whip us like they did Texas Southern or worse?

I've been following Houston football for a while, I saw them in person at LSU two times. I don't understand why you feel the need to talk to everybody like they have no idea of what's going on. I read magazines and post on other boards to get a first hand knowledge.

813Jag, you didn't know this? Come on dude, comments from posters off the SWACPage and Sam's message board keeps the world spinning on it's axis. Not to mention how you can find the "2007 football practive" comments on our website.

Not to mention, if it wasn't for fan blogs and other "We're not directly related to _________ University" websites that knows more than the AD, University President, Board of Regents and definately head coaches.

WileECoyote06
August 22nd, 2008, 12:57 PM
Southern defeating this current Houston squad is a tall order. Good luck though.

TexasTerror
August 22nd, 2008, 01:21 PM

It's one thing to feel it, it's another to go out in the open and make such bold claims as some of your fans do and doing it across many boards (the Houston board included). SWACPage is not representative of the whole Southern fan base, it just shocks me how confidently some are thinking that SU will win.

813Jag
August 22nd, 2008, 01:33 PM
It's one thing to feel it, it's another to go out in the open and make such bold claims as some of your fans do and doing it across many boards (the Houston board included). SWACPage is not representative of the whole Southern fan base, it just shocks me how confidently some are thinking that SU will win.
What does it hurt for a fan of any team to make a claim? I'm just not seeing it. Those SWACpage posters or posters on the Houston board it doesn't matter what they say when the game starts on 8/30 none of that is important. And those folks who predicted a win over Houston will talk the same trash about the other 10 teams on the schedule. I can assure your Pete doesn't worry about what's said on the internet. (at least not any more xlolx)

Judging by the posts of people on this thread not named 813jag or TexasTerror, nobody here is worrying about it either.

You know how hot the topic is on the Houston board at Scout.com? 11 whole posts.

elcid96
August 22nd, 2008, 01:52 PM
Hopefully we regain the title with a win at Clemson

813Jag
August 22nd, 2008, 01:56 PM
Hopefully we regain the title with a win at Clemson
Don't make that prediction. I don't know maybe it's OK with Texas Terror.

But seriously, I hope you beat the stripes off of Baby Bowden and the Tiggers.

TexasTerror
August 22nd, 2008, 02:18 PM
When it comes down to it, it just amuses me the 'bulletin board' material that SU is putting out from their AD ("AppSt of 2008") and fans...

And yes, I do know coaches take things off the 'Net and uses them. Saw it several times with my own eyes last year...

Just keep having at it...GEAUX JAGS!

813Jag
August 22nd, 2008, 02:27 PM
When it comes down to it, it just amuses me the 'bulletin board' material that SU is putting out from their AD ("AppSt of 2008") and fans...

And yes, I do know coaches take things off the 'Net and uses them. Saw it several times with my own eyes last year...

Just keep having at it...GEAUX JAGS!
I'll say this and then I'm done with this topic. If Houston needs bulletin board material to get ready for the first game of the season, then it will be a long year for them. A smart coach (which I'm sure Coach Sumlin is) will have his team aware that Southern wants to win this game.

All this talking is entertainment, if Southern loses the game it won't be because somebody on the SWACpage predicted a win, it'll be because Houston was a better team.

Pete Richardson tried to use internet material in 1999, ask him how well that went over. Bulletinboard material won't last a whole game, the better team will win when the emotion wears off.

3rd Coast Tiger
August 22nd, 2008, 03:30 PM
Pete Richardson tried to use internet material in 1999, ask him how well that went over. Bulletinboard material won't last a whole game, the better team will win when the emotion wears off.

"Somebody is gonna get embarrassed!"

- Internet Pete (1999) xthumbsupx

813Jag
August 22nd, 2008, 03:35 PM

Don't remid me of that. xlolx :o

Jag4Life
August 22nd, 2008, 06:09 PM
Ok and the point of this topic. I have confidence that my Jags will win.

Big Dawg
August 22nd, 2008, 06:19 PM
Those are big words for sure, but if you look at it this way no HBCU has knocked off a FBS team.

*Off Topic*

Actually we've beaten Miami.

Big Dawg
August 22nd, 2008, 06:20 PM

LMAOxlolx xlolx xlolx

65-18 FINAL...:D

FormerPokeCenter
August 22nd, 2008, 06:50 PM
I don't care who wins the game, I'm just glad Houston was smart enough to make sure the first game was played at their place ;)

McTailGator
August 22nd, 2008, 07:16 PM

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

Houston ain't Michigan...

And SU sure ain't ASU. xlolx

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 22nd, 2008, 09:51 PM

I'm rooting for Southern to win -- I think they have a 10% chance at best -- but I would not put them in the same breath as App St over Michigan.Why didn't you post a link, so folks could read the entire article. You are sad.

It would be kind of a shame for the first game of this staff, and our first home game, for Southern to have more tickets sold than us," Sumlin said. "For guys to run out there and get booed in their own stadium." xlolx

According to Southern Athletics Director Greg LaFleur, present at Grooves Restaurant Wednesday, a hostilecrowd at home isn't the only thing the Cougars should be worried about.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/myfox/pages/Sports/Detail?contentId=7252936&version=2&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=6.1.1

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 22nd, 2008, 09:58 PM
xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

Houston ain't Michigan...

And SU sure ain't ASU. xlolx

“How are you going to use that against us now? You don’t outdraw us. You don’t play on television as much as we do. Now, we’ve got facilities second to LSU. Now, what are you going to use?”

Terrance Graves. :)

http://www.2theadvocate.com/sports/27264234.html?showAll=y&c=y

ASU
August 22nd, 2008, 10:04 PM
“How are you going to use that against us now? You don’t outdraw us. You don’t play on television as much as we do. Now, we’ve got facilities second to LSU. Now, what are you going to use?”

From an App State fan, "Any Given Saturday".....SU can do it "If" they think they can do it......go Southern!

TexasTerror
August 22nd, 2008, 10:12 PM

Facilities second to LSU? In Louisiana? In the SWAC? Does Southern have a videoboard? Does Southern have suites? You guys do have a nice end zone complex in the works, right? I'm curious since "More information is coming" on that front is on the web site. Seems you do have the best facilities in the SWAC -- until TxSo takes advantage of the Dynamo's situation and gets digs of their owns.

On the field, Southern is not SUperior against the SLC including an 0-5 mark since 2000. Perhaps a bit more SUperior against the SWAC.

JetsLuvver
August 22nd, 2008, 10:21 PM
no HBCU has knocked off a FBS team

These wins are all years well into the past, but Tennessee State has beaten Louisville twice, and Grambling has beaten Temple, as well as Hawaii (three times) and Oregon State.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 22nd, 2008, 10:56 PM
Facilities second to LSU? In Louisiana? In the SWAC? Does Southern have a videoboard? Does Southern have suites? You guys do have a nice end zone complex in the works, right? I'm curious since "More information is coming" on that front is on the web site. Seems you do have the best facilities in the SWAC -- until TxSo takes advantage of the Dynamo's situation and gets digs of their owns.

On the field, Southern is not SUperior against the SLC including an 0-5 mark since 2000. Perhaps a bit more SUperior against the SWAC.
In Louisiana.
SU has had a 4 million dollar video board since 03(@ the time it was installed it was the largest system in FCS, according to Datronkics). Lsu just installed(1 million dollar sand base SUrface which can handle 16" of rain a hour) the same playing SUrface SU has had since 02. Yes SU has SUites in our 5 million dollar pressbox and adding Club seating with the 16.4 million dollar facility. SU is also building a $600,000 RV parking lot with hookups, which will be ready for football season.

Jag4Life
August 23rd, 2008, 03:14 AM
From an App State fan, "Any Given Saturday".....SU can do it "If" they think they can do it......go Southern!

Thanks! I hope you guys beat LSU. I'm still xlolx at Ye, thou I walk through the Valley of the shadow of Death. When we play them, we can't be scared.

TexasTerror
August 23rd, 2008, 08:03 AM
In Louisiana.SU has had a 4 million dollar video board since 03(@ the time it was installed it was the largest system in FCS, according to Datronkics). Lsu just installed(1 million dollar sand base SUrface which can handle 16" of rain a hour) the same playing SUrface SU has had since 02. Yes SU has SUites in our 5 million dollar pressbox and adding Club seating with the 16.4 million dollar facility. SU is also building a $600,000 RV parking lot with hookups, which will be ready for football season.

Very nice Southern...I've only seen Mumford from the outside. When you guys sprucing up the baseball facility? And when are you getting some live stats from all your sports?

On another note, heard SU coverage in the NOLA newspaper will drop some this year. Bayou Classic will get wall to wall coverage as always, but TP is dropping a lot of coverage this year due to $$$ -- not enough subscribers or advertisers.

KiddBrewer
August 23rd, 2008, 08:33 AM

yea youre darn right they can beat them, but unless Houston got some AP votes to put them in the top 5 preseason.....i doubt it will have the same App State "Miracle" effect......

McTailGator
August 23rd, 2008, 11:35 AM

We are on TV just as much as SU is, and more in the past years.

Regarding facilities...

You will see what kind of facilities we have when you visit Cowboy Stadium in 2010 (if your team decides not to duck again and shows up).

AshevilleApp2
August 23rd, 2008, 11:58 AM

Watch it or I'll tell Uncle Dad on you. xnonono2x

Catmendue2
August 23rd, 2008, 12:21 PM

Regarding facilities...

You will see what kind of facilities we have when you visit Cowboy Stadium in 2010 (if your team decides not to duck again and shows up).

I have been to both Stadiums, and MCneese even with its new digs aint nowhere close to SU. I'd even venture to say, AAMU, Alcorn and GSU all have nicer stadium than any that I have seen in SLC.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 23rd, 2008, 02:31 PM
I have been to both Stadiums, and MCneese even with its new digs aint nowhere close to SU. I'd even venture to say, AAMU, Alcorn and GSU all have nicer stadium than any that I have seen in SLC.xnodx xnodx exactly. The truth hurts.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 23rd, 2008, 02:34 PM

Regarding facilities...

EVERY SU home game is on CST. SU also usually has 3 0r 4 of its games on either ESPNU or CSTV, and lets not even talk about the Bayou Classic on NBC.
Regarding the facilities, what McNeese plans to build isn't close to what SU is building unless yall anti up 6 or 7 million more. :)

Retro
August 23rd, 2008, 02:46 PM
EVERY SU home game is on CST. SU also usually has 3 0r 4 of its games on either ESPNU or CSTV, and lets not even talk about the Bayou Classic on NBC.
Regarding the facilities, what McNeese plans to build isn't close to what SU is building unless yall anti up 6 or 7 million more. :)

The only thing better, if you want to call it that, about Southern's stadium is that it holds more people than Mcneese's.. Mcneese has a better video board and our upgrades to the fieldhouse will be just as nice. Don't confuse spending more money with having a better facility... The newly revised plans are not even public, so you haven't seen the changes... Mcneese also clearly has the top field in the state including LSU.xthumbsupx

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 23rd, 2008, 03:07 PM
The only thing better, if you want to call it that, about Southern's stadium is that it holds more people than Mcneese's.. Mcneese has a better video board and our upgrades to the fieldhouse will be just as nice. Don't confuse spending more money with having a better facility... The newly revised plans are not even public, so you haven't seen the changes... Mcneese also clearly has the top field in the state including LSU.xthumbsupxxlolx xlolx Turf SUcks. Natural Grass is always better. No way is McNeese video board better. 1 million vs 4 million and SU didn't pay a penny of it .

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 23rd, 2008, 03:13 PM
TT here is the video of the press conference.

http://uhcougars.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/082008aab.html

McTailGator
August 23rd, 2008, 07:42 PM

We don't need to anti up 6 million more.

We aren't starting from scratch like you are. We have a 9 million dollar ADD ON. And when we are done, it will be the largest training room in the state and overall larger than Southerns.

Plus our track team and womens athletics have facilities elsewhere, so it will all be for football.

McTailGator
August 23rd, 2008, 07:43 PM

AND BTW,

Every McNeese game can be seen on Sudden Link Cable two.

TexasTerror
August 23rd, 2008, 07:52 PM
McNeese has a nicer baseball facility, by a long shot...

http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/facilities/mcne-bsb.html

Though Southern provides the better in-game entertainment. :)

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 23rd, 2008, 09:00 PM
AND BTW,

Every McNeese game can be seen on Sudden Link Cable two.

We don't get that in BR, is that only seen in Lake Charles xlolx . You can watch SU's game in LA, Tx, Ala, Miss, Fl. Plus not to mention the Bayou Classic, which is on network Tv, and the other national televise SU games on the U.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 23rd, 2008, 09:02 PM
McNeese has a nicer baseball facility, by a long shot...

http://mcneesesports.cstv.com/facilities/mcne-bsb.html

Though Southern provides the better in-game entertainment. :)

Mcneese Grand stand was condemed for damn near 2 season xsmhx . Glad to see they have fixed it, but their baseball program is no where in site of SU's. Don't make me post the list that was in Baseball America where SU was rated the 44th program since 2000. And btw, this thread is about football.

Catmendue2
August 24th, 2008, 02:36 AM
Just gonna be honest Mcneese Facility are nice, but they are a long way from what SU has. If Grambling installs a new VideoBaord soon and finishes its parking facilities, the SLC gonna be hard press to have any school thats on Grambling's level, let alone SU, AAMU, Alcorn and JSU, UAPB.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 24th, 2008, 04:38 AM
Just gonna be honest Mcneese Facility are nice, but they are a long way from what SU has. If Grambling installs a new VideoBaord soon and finishes its parking facilities, the SLC gonna be hard press to have any school thats on Grambling's level, let alone SU, AAMU, Alcorn and JSU, UAPB.The truth hurst, they cant take it. xlolx

TexasTerror
August 24th, 2008, 07:11 AM
Why do SWAC home stadiums matter anyways? You guys 70% of your schedule away from your home venues in most cases as is...

If the SWAC continues to lose OOC games against Div I and sub-Div I teams as their current pace and continues to lack wins against FBS opponents...you guys will continue to be hard-pressed to catch up with the SLC on the football field...something, you have not been able to do for the better part of the SLC's time in Division I...see the records!

As it relates to Southern baseball, that's what happens when you dominate a conference. Only problem for SU, is that the SWAC as a conference is relatively weak (see the RPI of the SWAC, which holds it's typically spot in the sport like it does every other NCAA sport sans bowling).

See previous year SLC vs SWAC baseball records where SU's wins against the "bottom tier" of the SLC typically represented the only wins against the SLC. Yep, Grambling broke through against NWST this year, after losing four or five other games against them, eh?

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 24th, 2008, 08:39 AM
Why do SWAC home stadiums matter anyways? You guys 70% of your schedule away from your home venues in most cases as is...[SIZE="7"]THats a lie[/COLOR]

If the SWAC continues to lose OOC games against Div I and sub-Div I teams as their current pace and continues to lack wins against FBS opponents...you guys will continue to be hard-pressed to catch up with the SLC on the football field...something, you have not been able to do for the better part of the SLC's time in Division I...see the records!

As it relates to Southern baseball, that's what happens when you dominate a conference. Only problem for SU, is that the SWAC as a conference is relatively weak (see the RPI of the SWAC, which holds it's typically spot in the sport like it does every other NCAA sport sans bowling).

See previous year SLC vs SWAC baseball records where SU's wins against the "bottom tier" of the SLC typically represented the only wins against the SLC. Yep, Grambling broke through against NWST this year, after losing four or five other games against them, eh?

We are discussing football. Every time you are proven wrong in a thread, you go bring up other sports. Stay on topic. The southland has built its record against the SWAC in football playing bottom feeders(tSU,PV, Valley).

BgJag
August 24th, 2008, 08:44 AM
We are discussing football. Every time you are proven wrong in a thread, you go bring up other sports. Stay on topic. The southland has built its record against the SWAC in football playing bottom feeders(tSU,PV, Valley).

xreadx xcoffeex

TexasTerror
August 24th, 2008, 11:05 AM

The current make-up of the SLC still took it to those schools by a nice margin, even claiming an 5-3 record against your SU Jags when many of those schools were not Div I. Go figure! SU losing to Div II schools hasn't changed, has it?

Southern 12-20 vs the SLC (9-15 vs SLC Div I)
Jackson State 7-10 vs the SLC (4-7 vs SLC Div I)
Grambling 3-3 vs the SLC (1-3 vs SLC Div I)

The SLC still holds a 33-22 edge against the "Big Three". When the schools were Div I -- the SLC holds a 23-14 edge, so since the teams moved to Div I, the SLC holds a greater edge against the "Big Three".

Overall...and again, keep in mind, the entire SLC outside of McN became Div I schools in the mid 1980s (or later) and still have such dominant records over the SWAC schools...who were Div I even longer...hmmm!

SLC vs SWAC
SHSU 13-7
SFA 13-2-1
SWT 16-2
NWST 11-9
Nicholls 21-9
UCA 9-4
McN 9-0
SLU 11-5
TOTAL: 103- 38-1

McNeese75
August 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
We are discussing football. Every time you are proven wrong in a thread, you go bring up other sports. Stay on topic. The southland has built its record against the SWAC in football playing bottom feeders(tSU,PV, Valley, SOUTHERN, GRAMBLING).

xrolleyesx

Here let me fix that for you and add a couple for McNeese. When there are exceptions, you should note them xrulesx

You can talk sh#t all you want but you know where you stand when it comes to Cowboy football. xnodx

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 24th, 2008, 11:14 AM
The current make-up of the SLC still took it to those schools by a nice margin, even claiming an 5-3 record against your SU Jags when many of those schools were not Div I. Go figure! SU losing to Div II schools hasn't changed, has it?

Southern 12-20 vs the SLC (9-15 vs SLC Div I)
Jackson State 7-10 vs the SLC (4-7 vs SLC Div I)
Grambling 3-3 vs the SLC (1-3 vs SLC Div I)

The SLC still holds a 33-22 edge against the "Big Three". When the schools were Div I -- the SLC holds a 23-14 edge, so since the teams moved to Div I, the SLC holds a greater edge against the "Big Three".

Overall...and again, keep in mind, the entire SLC outside of McN became Div I schools in the mid 1980s (or later) and still have such dominant records over the SWAC schools...who were Div I even longer...hmmm!

SLC vs SWAC
SHSU 13-7
SFA 13-2-1
SWT 16-2
NWST 11-9
Nicholls 21-9
UCA 9-4
McN 9-0
SLU 11-5
TOTAL: 103- 38-1

SU never played a non D-1 Southland opponent. Don't know where you are getting those numbers from.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 24th, 2008, 11:18 AM
xrolleyesx

Here let me fix that for you and add a couple for McNeese. When there are exceptions, you should note them xrulesx

You can talk sh#t all you want but you know where you stand when it comes to Cowboy football. xnodx

Can you read. 3 wins out of 103 . McNeese is a wanna be.

TexasTerror
August 24th, 2008, 11:56 AM
SU never played a non D-1 Southland opponent. Don't know where you are getting those numbers from.

You are correct. I did not realize that SLU and Nicholls were both I-AA Independents during some of the match-ups...Southern still is 12-20 against the SLC. xrulesx

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 24th, 2008, 12:02 PM
You are correct. I did not realize that SLU and Nicholls were both I-AA Independents during some of the match-ups...Southern still is 12-20 against the SLC. xrulesx

I didn't check your numbers but they are alway incorrect. Why do yo feel you have to falsify things to make the southland look good. xsmhx

TexasTerror
August 24th, 2008, 12:11 PM
I didn't check your numbers but they are alway incorrect. Why do yo feel you have to falsify things to make the southland look good. xsmhx

Actually, I used CFB Data Warehouse...while their "rankings" are incorrect since they include HBCU national titles and they use the "current alignment" compared to the "alignment" as it existed at said time, it's pretty reliable for W-L records...

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/index.php

And during the year, when I compare the SLC impressive marks against the SWAC, I use the SLC's schedule pages because as I have learned, the SWAC is not always prompt in updating their web sites...

The Southland is not "good" by any regards on the national level, but they are a far jump, skip and hop ahead of the SWAC on the field of play.

McNeese75
August 25th, 2008, 09:40 PM

And the SWAC is the Coboys B%tch xnodx

McNeese75
August 25th, 2008, 09:44 PM

Seems like I am not the one that can't read. I believe that is a 9-0 next to McNeese xcoffeex

Take your trash talking elsewhere. McNeese owns you in football.

TexasTerror
August 25th, 2008, 09:46 PM
These are the same Southern fans who are stating that the MEAC is running up their record on bottomfeeders. Truth be known, the SLC is beating on the "Big Three" who continually play our "bottomfeeders"...

JackTwice
August 25th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I always thought the endless worthless arguement cycle was owned and operated only by the North Dakota schools.

For what its worth South Dakota State owns the Southland and Southern. Hopefully that will help put this one to bed for a while.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 25th, 2008, 10:03 PM
I always thought the endless worthless arguement cycle was owned and operated only by the North Dakota schools.

For what its worth South Dakota State owns the Southland and Southern. Hopefully that will help put this one to bed for a while.

Can't argue with that.

SUjagTILLiDIE
August 25th, 2008, 10:04 PM
Seems like I am not the one that can't read. I believe that is a 9-0 next to McNeese xcoffeex

Take you trash talking elsewhere. McNeese owns you in football.

We are talking against the big 3(SU, Gram, and Jackson ST). The rest are bottom feeders. Have you read the last couple of post. The Southland beat up on the bottom feeders.

McNeese75
August 25th, 2008, 10:12 PM

I'll see you on Hobo Day xnodx

FormerPokeCenter
August 26th, 2008, 10:16 AM
We are talking against the big 3(SU, Gram, and Jackson ST)......The Southland beat up on the bottom feeders.

Yeah....considering we (McNeese) beat Grambling AND Southern, I'd have to agree with you. We did beat up on the bottom feeders....

And, in Southern's case, we did it with the worst team we've had in 20 years....