PDA

View Full Version : CSN 2008 Magazine

dgreco
August 19th, 2008, 06:51 PM
did it ever come out? If it did idk how I missed it :o

TexasTerror
August 19th, 2008, 07:57 PM
May be coming on in-conjunction with the roll out of the new CSN web site. I know a few columns that are new may be coming as well...

bluehenbillk
August 19th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Some things never change. With the College Sporting News site's demise, does that mean the GPI is through as well.....

TexasTerror
August 19th, 2008, 08:12 PM
Some things never change. With the College Sporting News site's demise, does that mean the GPI is through as well.....

CSN is not gone. It's under construction for a brand-new launch ahead of football season. That is what has been told and I think we need to hold our ground and wait for it, because it's going to occur. I've got faith in the powers that be -- CSN-info, etc.

Seawolf97
August 19th, 2008, 08:13 PM
They have 10 days until everyone starts playing. Hopefully it will be upxconfusedx

bluehenbillk
August 19th, 2008, 08:17 PM
No in all honesty I hope it comes up, it's a good site I use to link directly to other teams webpages & all the playoff history it has. Just couldn't resist a jab at the GPI.

As far as the magazine, I'll say the same thing I have since its inception. The product is great, but very few people read it because it comes out every year WAY TOO LATE. Every other preview is out by mid-July, come this time of year we're all too busy watching & going to games, you guys need to push all your dates up 45-60 days if you're going to do it again for '09.

slostang
August 20th, 2008, 12:00 AM

You are right, some things never change. You complaining about the GPI is one of them. It is getting old.xcoffeex

appfan2008
August 20th, 2008, 07:28 AM
They can say it will come back but until I see it... I dont believe it

danefan
August 20th, 2008, 09:01 AM
CSN has to come back. Its an invaluable resource for voters in the poll. Having schedules and results at your fingertips is great. I also emailed asking them to have the team names in the GPI list linked to the team's schedule and results on CSN.com. I think that will make it much easier to navigate around quickly.

I really hope it comes back up, at least put up the schedules, results and GPI pages.

Tribe4SF
August 20th, 2008, 09:13 AM
CSN has become an institution. I would miss Bruce Dowd's CAA column very much. Many Tribe fans read CSN more than AGS or TSN.

UNHWildCats
August 20th, 2008, 09:34 AM
Ralph says CSN should be back up by the start of the season, when I asked if the new look will be "purty" he said no.

appfan2008
August 20th, 2008, 09:36 AM
well what is the point in shutting it down if you aint gonna make it look good???

UNHWildCats
August 20th, 2008, 09:38 AM
well what is the point in shutting it down if you aint gonna make it look good???
my guess is he objected to my use of "purty" to describe it xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx