PDA

View Full Version : Tragic JSU news

jsualum97
August 18th, 2008, 01:45 PM
Michael Bell, the site administrator for gojaxstate.com, was tragically killed this weekend in a car accident while returning from visiting his wife in the hospital.
Many thoughts and prayers to the Bell family for this tragedy!!

AshevilleApp2
August 18th, 2008, 01:48 PM
Michael Bell, the site administrator for gojaxstate.com, was tragically killed this weekend in a car accident while returning from visiting his wife in the hospital.

Indeed.

furman94
August 18th, 2008, 01:55 PM
Wow... sad news indeed. My prayers are with his family and loved ones

furman94
August 18th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Wow... sad news indeed. My prayers are with his family and loved ones

hawkeye
August 18th, 2008, 02:03 PM

The UT Martin family will keep him in our prayers. So sad.

appfan2008
August 18th, 2008, 02:06 PM
xprayx sorry to hear...

SU DOG
August 18th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Prayers and sympathy from Samford Fans to his family and to our JSU friends.

OL FU
August 18th, 2008, 02:11 PM

Man, I chatted with him a few times on the Jaxstate board. He was always accomodating and made me feel at home there. I really hate to hear this.

Fordham
August 18th, 2008, 02:13 PM
Thoughts and prayers out to him and his family, jsu. Horrible news.

Uncle Buck
August 18th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Terrible news. My prayers go out this family and friends.

EKU05
August 18th, 2008, 06:23 PM
I'm sorry to hear this news come from anywhere, but certainly it's even more startling to hear it come from inside the OVC fan family. God Bless him and his family.

Grizzaholic
August 18th, 2008, 06:26 PM
How awful. Coming back from the visiting his wife in the hospital. My prayers go out to his family and his wife especially.

UNHWildCats
August 18th, 2008, 06:31 PM
wow, he was only 28 :(

OSRacer
August 18th, 2008, 06:42 PM
Very sad news...I have been to that site and bantered with JSU faithful on a few occasions. Their fans were passionate about their program but very respectful...

Sincere condolences from Murray State

slostang
August 18th, 2008, 06:45 PM
My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.

bobbythekidd
August 18th, 2008, 06:46 PM
Sad news. Sorry to hear about this. Prayers to you guys.

AppStFan76
August 18th, 2008, 06:51 PM
he and his family will be in my prayers

Cocky
August 18th, 2008, 07:42 PM
Timpdude was one of those fans (like most schools have) that would stick with JSU thru good and bad. JSU will miss him and his loyalty greatly.

Big C little o,c,k,s Jax State Gamecock Ol' Hell yes.

dbackjon
August 18th, 2008, 07:45 PM
Thoughts to his family..Very sorry to hear this.

Seawolf97
August 18th, 2008, 07:52 PM
Sounds like JSU and FCS lost a good man. Very sad.

BlueHen86
August 18th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Very sorry to hear this.

JaxSinfonian
August 18th, 2008, 08:07 PM
The following is an excerpt from a post I wrote at gojaxstate.com earlier this evening. It's about Michael, who I've known for many years, but I think it could describe a lot of people many of us know, folks who are incredibly passionate about our schools, their sports, and about this weird little pastime of talking about them on the Internet.

It's funny how much a Web site filled mostly with a bunch of strangers can come to seem like such an important thing, but there it is. I know Michael took great joy in providing this space for all of us to discuss the university we love, an institution that gave us all the start we needed for a good life. I think he understood that connection to the alma mater, and why it drew so many of us to follow and support the Gamecocks through good times and bad. I think that's why he put so much effort and energy into this site.

Just last week I exchanged some e-mails with him about ideas he had for gojaxstate.com and its impending move to a new server. He was excited about the possibilities, and his enthusiasm made me feel good about doing what I could to help out.

Whatever anyone says about Michael, this much is true: he was honest to a fault. One never had to wonder what he thought. Meanwhile, he was also extremely open-minded, a trait not always found in the brutally honest. If you were honest and respectful in disagreeing with him, he was more than willing to consider your point of view. I know many of you here have read posts of his containing the phrase: "You know, I never thought of it that way before," or words to that effect.

Thanks so much to the supporters of other schools who have expressed your condolences here and at gojaxstate.com.

Michael will be sorely missed. This sucks.

ngineer
August 18th, 2008, 08:08 PM
Condolences to the JSU family...:(

ursus arctos horribilis
August 18th, 2008, 08:25 PM
Man, that's really a rough one. It's a sad thing that has happened for his wife, family, friends, and those touched by guy in his web community. My condolences to those that new the man.

AppStsGr8
August 18th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Prayers for his family and JSU ....

Cobblestone
August 18th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Such a sad story. Thoughts and prayers for his family, especially his wife.

Purple For Life
August 18th, 2008, 09:10 PM
Always tragic. In my thoughts...

Thundering_Herd
August 18th, 2008, 09:49 PM
Very sad. Thoughts and prayers for his family. Could/has a fund be set up for his wife on here or anywhere else?

hippy@GSU
August 18th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Our thoughts and prayers are with the family and the JSU football nation.