PDA

View Full Version : Georgia Southern fans

813Jag
August 17th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Any word on Ricky Ponton and Marc Thomas? How have they been doing in camp?

bobbythekidd
August 17th, 2008, 09:28 AM
Ricky is out Not even enrolled. I think he had a career ending injury. I don't know what.

I haven't heard anything about Thomas

813Jag
August 17th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Ricky is out Not even enrolled. I think he had a career ending injury. I don't know what.

I haven't heard anything about Thomas
Thanks, xthumbsupx I was wondering what happened. I hadn't heard anything.

1EAGLEDAD
August 17th, 2008, 09:54 AM
I don't think Ricky's injury was career ending. I think he sat out the semester so he could stop his NCAA clock from ticking while he was rehabing his knee from the surgery. NCAA give you 5 yrs (10 semester) to play 4yrs. If he was at USF for 2 1/2 yrs that's 5 semesters and at GSU for the spring that would be 6 semesters (3 yrs) w/2 more yrs of eligibility that would mean he'd only have 4 semester left to use. He could re-enroll in Jan and still be able to play both of his yrs with his eligibility ending in Dec. of 2010.

introvertedGSUfan
August 17th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Ricky is having some surgery that will put him out this season I believe.

blueballs
August 17th, 2008, 10:57 AM
I don't think Ricky's injury was career ending. I think he sat out the semester so he could stop his NCAA clock from ticking while he was rehabing his knee from the surgery. NCAA give you 5 yrs (10 semester) to play 4yrs. If he was at USF for 2 1/2 yrs that's 5 semesters and at GSU for the spring that would be 6 semesters (3 yrs) w/2 more yrs of eligibility that would mean he'd only have 4 semester left to use. He could re-enroll in Jan and still be able to play both of his yrs with his eligibility ending in Dec. of 2010.

All true... Ponton had a pretty bad knee injury in the spring and had surgery.

GSU is pretty stacked at LB and S so hopefully Thomas can redshirt. If so he will be one of the few who can have that luxury as the projected depth chart is loaded with Fr and RSFr. Coach Hatcher said he might have as many as six Fr starters on offense.

bobbythekidd
August 17th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I found this from the 15th.

HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE SCRIMMAGE: Jarrell Crawford broke off a long run covering nearly 20 yards. Antonio Henton and Crawford connected for a first down. Henton found Demarcus Watts on fourth down to move the chains. On 1st-and-goal the defense got a sack from Marc Thomas. The defense held and forced the offense off the field...

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=1555234&DB_OEM_ID=18700

introvertedGSUfan
August 17th, 2008, 01:53 PM
I found this from the 15th.

HIGHLIGHTS FROM THE SCRIMMAGE: Jarrell Crawford broke off a long run covering nearly 20 yards. Antonio Henton and Crawford connected for a first down. Henton found Demarcus Watts on fourth down to move the chains. On 1st-and-goal the defense got a sack from Marc Thomas. The defense held and forced the offense off the field...

http://www.georgiasoutherneagles.com/ViewArticle.dbml?&ATCLID=1555234&DB_OEM_ID=18700

Henton has been showing great progress this summer, let's hope we can switch him in and out with Chappel this season.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 17th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Henton has been showing great progress this summer, let's hope we can switch him in and out with Chappel this season.

It's "Chapple" (think "apple" with a 'ch' in front of it) and if he is the starter this year (which is likely) it means that he was better than Henton was.

introvertedGSUfan
August 17th, 2008, 03:38 PM
It's "Chapple" (think "apple" with a 'ch' in front of it) and if he is the starter this year (which is likely) it means that he was better than Henton was.

I wasn't implying that Chapple wasn't better.xconfusedx

Henton could come in at any time if Chapple was injured or when we want to try and throw off the defense (think of the App State game).

813Jag
August 17th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Thanks to all. I try to keep up with kids from the Tampa area.

bobbythekidd
August 17th, 2008, 05:30 PM
From the report I linked to, it sounds like we have a great redzone defense.xthumbsupx