PDA

View Full Version : Great article from the Sporting News

ButlerGSU
August 16th, 2008, 01:22 PM
Ask the second-year coach if he's concerned about Georgia. Go right ahead.

"To be honest with you, I haven't watched them yet," says Hatcher.

Um ... really? Yes, really.

"It gives you a little something different to prepare for," he says. "Our goal each week is to play the best we can play. Even when we played Appalachian State last year, we didn't really talk about Appalachian State. We just talked about playing the best we could play. That's the same thing with the Georgia game: Let's hope our best is better than their best."

This is not a nonchalant answer. It is a factual one. Georgia Southern is not a stranger to success; in fact, if you want to have that conversation, Southern has six I-AA national titles to Georgia's two I-A national titles. Southern has more I-AA titles than even current Southern Conference overlords Appalachian State, whom you may have heard of in passing.

The fact is that for Georgia, Hatcher's Georgia Southern team will be a tune-up game before a dive into the SEC schedule. For Georgia Southern, the game's incentives are exposure, cash and a chance to test young players in a particularly intense fire before launching into its conference schedule. This game will not make or break Georgia as a program, but the same applies to Georgia Southern, too.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=445753

laxVik
August 16th, 2008, 02:04 PM
Sounds like you guys have a great coach there.

ronpayne
August 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Props to Georgia Southern for the good article. It ought to be a great matchup come spring. :-)

Tod
August 16th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Excellent article. :)

UDBlueLotFan
August 16th, 2008, 10:33 PM
Yup, you guys have been blessed with some good coaches. Coach Hatcher is I-A material. Hopefully, he won't chase the $ and take GSU to multiple National Championship Games, only to lose to UD!!xlolx Come on, anyone but App.St.xsmiley_wix :p

UDBlueLotFan
August 16th, 2008, 10:35 PM
Yup, you guys have been blessed with some good coaches. Coach Hatcher is I-A material. Hopefully, he won't chase the $ and take GSU to multiple National Championship Games, only to lose to UD!!xlolx Come on, anyone but App.St.xsmiley_wix :p

ButlerGSU
August 17th, 2008, 02:49 AM
A great friend of mine did his undergraduate work at James Madison, secretly I'm hoping for a GSU/JMU championship game in the next few years...

...of course, GSU wins by 10...xsmiley_wix