PDA

View Full Version : Heading to James Madison! - Now what?

AlphaSigMD
August 15th, 2008, 03:38 PM
Finally got my tickets to ASU-JMU game on the 20th. I only had to rearrange my call schedule twice in order to do so...

I'm sitting in section C (next to the band) in the middle endzone. I suspect quite a few App fans will be there in the same area. Has anyone familiar with the general stadium layout sat there before, and if so, are these seats generally alright?

GO APPS!

danefan
August 15th, 2008, 03:39 PM
I went to JMU for my brother-in-law's graduation in May. Pretty hard to have a bad seat. Straight stands from end-zone to end-zone.

ASUMountaineer
August 15th, 2008, 05:21 PM
Finally got my tickets to ASU-JMU game on the 20th. I only had to rearrange my call schedule twice in order to do so...

I'm sitting in section C (next to the band) in the middle endzone. I suspect quite a few App fans will be there in the same area. Has anyone familiar with the general stadium layout sat there before, and if so, are these seats generally alright?

GO APPS!

Dang Britt, I still don't have my tickets yet. I don't know where I'll be at. I suppose I'll get mine from ASU ticket office this week. Glad you're going. We will definitely have to tailgate together.

paward
August 15th, 2008, 08:20 PM
It is a wonderful stadium and has a great atmosphere on game day. The ride from Boome should be spectacular.

SideLine Shooter
August 15th, 2008, 08:26 PM

GO APPS!

My sons are in the same section as you. I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. Their band is usually REAL LOUD. Should be a GREAT night of FOOTBALL..xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

JMUSaxMRD
August 16th, 2008, 09:30 AM
My sons are in the same section as you. I don't think there is a bad seat in the house. Their band is usually REAL LOUD. Should be a GREAT night of FOOTBALL..xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Yah, we are really loud and obnoxious when we're allowed to be.

JmuSkinsfan
August 16th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Sitting next to the band will be a real treat. They'll be loud and obnoxious but they are really good so you'll enjoy it. Also...they expanded the temporary bleachers in the endzone from about 1,500 to 2,500 or so. There are picture in a thread over on the Caazone i can try to get that link...

JmuSkinsfan
August 16th, 2008, 10:33 AM
Scroll down a little bit. Deez was on campus and grabbed some pictures of all the new projects on campus to show alum ... the bleacher pic is a few down

http://www.caazone.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=81230

Tribe4SF
August 16th, 2008, 11:02 AM
JMU Band is the best, bar none. Atmosphere is big time at JMU. They have had problems with student behavior in the past, but I hear they have addressed it. If you tailgate, don't leave anything out when you go in, including magnets and flags.

JmuSkinsfan
August 16th, 2008, 11:13 AM
JMU Band is the best, bar none. Atmosphere is big time at JMU. They have had problems with student behavior in the past, but I hear they have addressed it. If you tailgate, don't leave anything out when you go in, including magnets and flags.

xsmiley_wix

JMU DUUUKES
August 17th, 2008, 07:36 PM
xsmiley_wix

And don't beat Delaware in a big game ... or else some d-bag UD fans will smash 25 JMU cars in the lot with a bat ... THAT WAS FUN TO GO TO THE BODY SHOP!!!! @#$#@holes

ASU_MBA
August 17th, 2008, 11:43 PM
I am headed up and sitting in section B of the endzone....Should be a great game....the ASU coaches are already talking about getting the team ready.

mcveyrl
August 18th, 2008, 08:28 AM

I don't know if they've COMPLETELY addressed student behavior, but I did hear that they separated the student section from the visitors section (whoever thought putting them side by side was a good idea is logistical retard). That's probably helped. It probably doesn't help that they are right behind the visitors bench.

Longhorn
August 18th, 2008, 10:01 AM
I did hear that they separated the student section from the visitors section...It probably doesn't help that they are right behind the visitors bench.

Ah, but that's exactly the place for them to be at their "best"! xsmiley_wix

Be it ever so humble, there's no place like home. xthumbsupx

appfan2008
August 18th, 2008, 10:09 AM
I don't know if they've COMPLETELY addressed student behavior, but I did hear that they separated the student section from the visitors section (whoever thought putting them side by side was a good idea is logistical retard). That's probably helped. It probably doesn't help that they are right behind the visitors bench.

asu traditionally has had the students across the field from the visitors but this year some students will be on the same side as the visitors but will be seperated by a few sections