PDA

View Full Version : New Western Carolina Logo/ Helmet

WCUFLALUM
August 14th, 2008, 09:21 PM
I know it has already been shown in an old posting but, I think they both (helemt/ new logo) deserve their own thread. Both look great!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!

catamount man
August 14th, 2008, 09:25 PM
I know it has already been shown in an old posting but, I think they both (helemt/ new logo) deserve their own thread. Both look great!

GO CATAMOUNTS!!

It does look awesome indeed!!! xthumbsupx

WCU LawCat
August 14th, 2008, 09:27 PM
I think ASU88 said it best on the other thread. "That helmet is badass." That is exactly what came to mind when I first saw it. "Mean" was the other thought I had.

Mountaineer
August 14th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Love the shades of gold and purple! xthumbsupx The logo's pretty sweet as well. xnodx

catamount man
August 14th, 2008, 09:31 PM
Love the shades of gold and purple! xthumbsupx The logo's pretty sweet as well. xnodx

Thanks bro. See I CAN be cordial to an App fan. xthumbsupx

Mountaineer
August 14th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Thanks bro. See I CAN be cordial to an App fan. xthumbsupx

I realize it's difficult and we certainly don't make it easy, but not everyone is your enemy. :p Just on gameday. ;) :D

BeauFoster
August 14th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Another WCU thread???

xlolx ;) xlolx xthumbsupx

bench
August 14th, 2008, 09:37 PM

Was that pure smack, or a back-handed compliment? xeyebrowx

xlolx

catamount man
August 14th, 2008, 09:38 PM
I realize it's difficult and we certainly don't make it easy, but not everyone is your enemy. :p Just on gameday. ;) :D

We know that. It's just we want it BADDDDDDDDDDDDD!!! And finally, it seems as if the administration has FINALLY gotten on bad, so who knows, in some ways, your success may have woken up the PTB in Cullowhee.

I know 79-35 sure did and if it leads to a national title someday for my boys, I'll personally send out Christmas cards to App nation. xthumbsupx

appstate38
August 14th, 2008, 09:42 PM

GO CATAMOUNTS!!

Are those stripes on the top of the helmet??? Either way you guys will at least look the part.:D

WCUFLALUM
August 14th, 2008, 09:43 PM
I LOVE the new helmet and logo. I just need to get one of my own!

GO CATAMOUNTS!

Lionsrking
August 14th, 2008, 09:50 PM
I LOVE the new helmet and logo. I just need to get one of my own!

GO CATAMOUNTS!

Not bad but it looks Arena Leaguish to me.

The Cats
August 14th, 2008, 11:16 PM
Are those stripes on the top of the helmet???

yep....

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3191/2764757368_a89de8265d_m.jpghttp://farm4.static.flickr.com/3180/2763914357_b7bb046dfc_m.jpg

thmst30
August 15th, 2008, 12:40 AM
Doesn't look a thing like the WCU I know. I won't even recognize you guys on the field anymore.... but hey maybe thats a good thing.

Overall a solid improvement, the darker colors are nicer, especially the darker purple.

SirApp
August 15th, 2008, 02:05 AM
Much improved over "The Cats" helmet. That thing was a travesty. I really like this new helmet. At first, I thought it would be the new Cat plus the WCU lettering, which I thought would be too cluddered, but it looks really sharp to me. Also, I like the triple stripes. Again, reading from another thread I thought it would be those tri-color triple striped helmets a la South Carolina or Auburn, but those look really good. Whoever designed the helmets did an outstanding job, IMO.

Also, have you all seen the new jerseys yet? IIRC, one was a gold with purple trim and vice versa for the other, right? If so, do you all know of any other team that uses that combo? (I know that JMU has the purple uni with gold helmet, but this would be different.) I really like the more modern uni's and being a little unique, so I'd think it'd look pretty good all the way around.

Anyways, exciting time for you guys. Should be some more in the next few months. xthumbsupx

catdaddy2402
August 15th, 2008, 06:06 AM
That's a great looking helmet. xthumbsupx

catamount man
August 15th, 2008, 06:15 AM
Much improved over "The Cats" helmet. That thing was a travesty. I really like this new helmet. At first, I thought it would be the new Cat plus the WCU lettering, which I thought would be too cluddered, but it looks really sharp to me. Also, I like the triple stripes. Again, reading from another thread I thought it would be those tri-color triple striped helmets a la South Carolina or Auburn, but those look really good. Whoever designed the helmets did an outstanding job, IMO.

Also, have you all seen the new jerseys yet? IIRC, one was a gold with purple trim and vice versa for the other, right? If so, do you all know of any other team that uses that combo? (I know that JMU has the purple uni with gold helmet, but this would be different.) I really like the more modern uni's and being a little unique, so I'd think it'd look pretty good all the way around.

Anyways, exciting time for you guys. Should be some more in the next few months. xthumbsupx

Only thing I know about the unis is that Wagner implemented no names on the back of the jerseys.

AppStsGr8
August 15th, 2008, 07:55 AM
Great logo. It will be easy to tell which fans are bandwagon fans once Wagner gets the program turned around since only the diehards will have old logo stuff :)

08Dawg
August 15th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Not a bad looking helmet.

elcid96
August 15th, 2008, 08:25 AM
Now you just need a win to go along with that new helmet.

appfan2008
August 15th, 2008, 08:34 AM
i think the new helmet looks great... but that doesnt win you football games... hopefully your new coach will start to turn things around

gophoenix
August 15th, 2008, 10:21 AM

GO CATAMOUNTS!!

Awesome looking helmets!!!!!

WCUFLALUM
August 15th, 2008, 11:47 AM
i think the new helmet looks great... but that doesnt win you football games... hopefully your new coach will start to turn things around

You are right but, I believe you have to look good to play good so this is a good beginning. Wagner is changing an entire enivornment in Cullowhee and actually building a PROGRAM.

I added pics from the front and back of the helmet to the original posting since a few people asked what the stripes look like.GO CATAMOUNTS!

Biff
August 15th, 2008, 12:33 PM
You are right but, I believe you have to look good to play good so this is a good beginning. Wagner is changing an entire enivornment in Cullowhee and actually building a PROGRAM.

I added pics from the front and back of the helmet to the original posting since a few people asked what the stripes look like.GO CATAMOUNTS!

Agree. The new look, while superficial, can spark some enthusiasm. Just like your self-esteem growing when dating a hot chick.

The Helmet looks great. Looking forward to see in Charleston this year.

Grizaholic17
August 15th, 2008, 12:42 PM
Helmet looks great! And I love the new logo! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

furman94
August 15th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Great logo. It will be easy to tell which fans are bandwagon fans once Wagner gets the program turned around since only the diehards will have old logo stuff :)

Bandwagoners? What? An App fan talking about bandwagon-ers? :D

HickoryCat
August 15th, 2008, 03:59 PM

No way?!?! Say it ain't so!!!!

Appguy
August 15th, 2008, 04:33 PM
Isn't this whole gold thing kinda moving in on JMUs territory?

WCU LawCat
August 15th, 2008, 05:03 PM
Isn't this whole gold thing kinda moving in on JMUs territory?

Why? There are a lot of teams that use gold.

ASUMountaineer
August 15th, 2008, 05:13 PM
No way?!?! Say it ain't so!!!!

You think we appreciate all the bandwagoners newbie? We do appreciate their donations though. xnodx

catamount man
August 15th, 2008, 09:51 PM
You think we appreciate all the bandwagoners newbie? We do appreciate their donations though. xnodx

Money talks indeed. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

AppStsGr8
August 16th, 2008, 07:54 AM

Oh, yes. We have 'em, too - now. I don't expect to see them when App after App has a down year .... hopefully, no time soon xnodx

AppStsGr8
August 16th, 2008, 10:08 AM

Newbie? Me? Have you confused AGS join date with App Fandom? I became an App fan in the early 70's when my oldest brother enrolled there. I didn't join Yosef until my son went in 2005. If I take my Yosef date and your join date, we're at least equal. I'm hardly a newbie except to Yosef where I'm only in my fourth year.:D

Appaholic
August 16th, 2008, 10:26 AM
Only thing I know about the unis is that Wagner implemented no names on the back of the jerseys.

Didn't want to embarrass their families? xsmiley_wix

slycat
August 16th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Good looking helmet. I like the stripes on top. Good look for a modern helmet the tries to stand out from all the other cat mascots.

catamount man
August 16th, 2008, 10:44 AM
Didn't want to embarrass their families? xsmiley_wix

Boy, you are just like that itch in the middle of a buttcrack that will NOT go away. xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

JohnStOnge
August 16th, 2008, 10:58 AM
Only thing is I think it'd look better if they didn't have the white and pupil in the eye of the cat. I think it'd look better if they just had the eye shape there filled by the gold background.

ASUMountaineer
August 17th, 2008, 01:56 PM
Newbie? Me? Have you confused AGS join date with App Fandom? I became an App fan in the early 70's when my oldest brother enrolled there. I didn't join Yosef until my son went in 2005. If I take my Yosef date and your join date, we're at least equal. I'm hardly a newbie except to Yosef where I'm only in my fourth year.:D

No confusion on my part, perhaps on your side. My reference was calling HickoryCat a newbie. I don't know where you came into the picture. I quoted his statement, nothing of yours.

Glad you're donating to Yosef. Talked to Gerald yesterday about enrollment in YC, it's way up.

Mntneer
August 17th, 2008, 06:38 PM
That's a huge upgrade for you guys. The old helmets were horrible IMO. Hopefully the helmets aren't the only thing improving in Cullowhee. Personally, I'd like to see the rivalry with WCU pick up again. It's gotten to the point where the programs are just on a different level. Obviously that isn't fun for Western, but it kinda gets old for us too. Good luck this year.

AppStsGr8
August 17th, 2008, 07:00 PM
No confusion on my part, perhaps on your side. My reference was calling HickoryCat a newbie. I don't know where you came into the picture. I quoted his statement, nothing of yours.

So sorry, ASUMountaineer ... my bad ... thought the quoting wars went back to my post. Mea culpa. xbowx

I had read somewhere that there were something like 2000 new Yosef members this year. That's awesome; I hope they stay. See you at The Rock!

ASU_MBA
August 18th, 2008, 12:07 AM
Western plays football?
That's right, I seem to recall scoring 70 points on some team last year....I guess it is like spraying deodorant to cover up the smell of dog poop. When you can't win games, just wrap up the package with a pretty bow and the fans will never know the difference...

on a serious note....logo looks nice, much improved. Just find something to put in the new uniforms....we need a rivalry again. best of luck!

ASU_MBA
August 18th, 2008, 12:09 AM
Western plays football?
That's right, I seem to recall scoring 70 points on some team last year....I guess it is like spraying deodorant to cover up the smell of dog poop. When you can't win games, just wrap up the package with a pretty bow and the fans will never know the difference...

on a serious note....logo looks nice, much improved. Just find something to put in the new uniforms....we need a rivalry again. best of luck!

The Cats
August 18th, 2008, 09:24 AM
Western plays football?

Since you used this line on a couple threads, this must be your feeble attempt at humor? not very original to say the least...... xcoffeex

ASU_MBA
August 18th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Since you used this line on a couple threads, this must be your feeble attempt at humor? not very original to say the least...... xcoffeex

I know...I know...It is like making a fat joke at a Jenny Craig meeting. It is just not right.

Sorry.... I had noticed all the dust on the 'old mountain jug' in our trophy case and didn't know if you guys still played anymore or if the rivalry still existed....

Wait I just found some info....

"The Appalachian and Western rivalry dates back to 1932 with the Mountaineers holding a 53–18–1 advantage over the Catamounts."

Ouch not much of a rivalry.

If it makes you feel better I like the new uniforms.

Any idea what type of offense Wagoner wants to run at Western?
Just curious.

The Cats
August 18th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I know...I know...It is like making a fat joke at a Jenny Craig meeting. It is just not right.

Sorry.... I had noticed all the dust on the 'old mountain jug' in our trophy case and didn't know if you guys still played anymore or if the rivalry still existed....
Wait I just found some info....

"The Appalachian and Western rivalry dates back to 1932 with the Mountaineers holding a 53–18–1 advantage over the Catamounts."
Ouch not much of a rivalry.

Do you scour the “old threads” for these "original" jokes of yours??????

If you are going to continue to make Western jokes, try and at least come up with your own ideas!!!!!!

Killtoppers90
August 18th, 2008, 10:46 AM
I love the new look. Good luck this season!

Appaholic
August 18th, 2008, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=ASU_MBA;1063740]"The Appalachian and Western rivalry dates back to 1932 with the Mountaineers holding a 53–18–1 advantage over the Catamounts."
[QUOTE]

You're right The Cats.....all MBA needs to post is the record.....the joke is inferred......

The Cats
August 18th, 2008, 11:51 AM
[QUOTE=ASU_MBA;1063740]"The Appalachian and Western rivalry dates back to 1932 with the Mountaineers holding a 53–18–1 advantage over the Catamounts."
[QUOTE]

You're right The Cats.....all MBA needs to post is the record.....the joke is inferred......

haaaaaaa.....now you're talking for him..... had to call in the heavyweight xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

furman94
August 18th, 2008, 11:59 AM
Smack in 5.... 4...

ASU_MBA
August 18th, 2008, 12:34 PM
[QUOTE=Appaholic;1063838][QUOTE=ASU_MBA;1063740]"The Appalachian and Western rivalry dates back to 1932 with the Mountaineers holding a 53–18–1 advantage over the Catamounts."

haaaaaaa.....now you're talking for him..... had to call in the heavyweight xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Sorry there is only so many jokes one can say about a team that gives up 79 points..... I guess actions speak louder than words....

Smack in 3..2..

furman94
August 18th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Smack in 2... 1...

furman94
August 18th, 2008, 12:38 PM
Western sucks balls SOOO bad that...

tee hee! jk

ASU_MBA
August 18th, 2008, 12:41 PM
What type of offense are you going to run with those new threads....?

I heard this joke a while back....oldie but goodie....

Why are the Catamounts of Western Carolina like a possum?

Because they play dead at home and get killed on the road.

furman94
August 18th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Dadum Chhh!

Appaholic
August 18th, 2008, 01:03 PM
New Helmet Design is nice....

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh182/appaholic/wagner.jpg

and I think Coach Butterbean nailed it with no names on the unis.....classic look....

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh182/appaholic/2008_WCU_uniforms.jpg

Apparantly, The Cats missed this in the other thread.....

ASU_MBA
August 18th, 2008, 01:31 PM
Appaholic----I love the second photobucket pic.... but for some reason I thought that was the new Liberty Uniform....? To honor the founder of the university and his love for Tinky Winky.

APPALACHIANstate
August 18th, 2008, 01:37 PM
The new helmet is pretty sweet, it is more updated, looks nice.

Western was almost my school of choice, however, after having to spend a night at the football house I understood that winning football games and doing well in school isn't of top priority...

Appaholic
August 18th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Appaholic----I love the second photobucket pic.... but for some reason I thought that was the new Liberty Uniform....? To honor the founder of the university and his love for Tinky Winky.

I thought they borrowed the design from Furman...xeyebrowx

ASUMountaineer
August 19th, 2008, 07:46 PM
So sorry, ASUMountaineer ... my bad ... thought the quoting wars went back to my post. Mea culpa. xbowx

I had read somewhere that there were something like 2000 new Yosef members this year. That's awesome; I hope they stay. See you at The Rock!

Amen. I am easy to spot, Section 5A at the top of the opening, cheering on the Apps. Can't wait for gameday, wish I was going to LSU, though I am going to have it projected on the side of my house for an outdoor party! xnodx

JDC325
August 20th, 2008, 03:05 PM
MUCH MUCH BETTER

WCUFLALUM
August 20th, 2008, 03:53 PM
I agree but, still waiting to see the new uni's.

ASU_MBA
August 20th, 2008, 03:57 PM
so if we score 70+ points again this year, will you guys get new logos?