PDA

View Full Version : SoCon rankings after 10/22

GSU Eagle
October 22nd, 2005, 08:44 PM
The favorties mostly won today although I don't really know what to make of WCU beating Chattanooga by 18.

Anyway here is how I see it right now:
1. Appalachian St. I don't care if Furman beat them or not App is the best team in the SoCon right now.
2. Furman. A pretty close 2nd to App. right now.
3. GSU. The beatdown of Citadel today elevates the Eagles back to the #3 spot. The BIG, BIG game of the year comes in 2nd weeks when Furman visits Statesboro.
4. Wofford. Last week I had Wofford at #3 but today's whipping at home moves them to #4.
5. WCU. They jump to #5 today. A good win over Chatt.
6. Chattanooga. Just when I was beginning to think Chattanooga was ready to make a move to challenge for one of the top 3 spots in the SoCon they lay an egg vs. WCU
7. Citadel. Watching Citadel today it was hard to see how they beat WCU and took Furman into OT. I saw what I thought was a very weak team today.
8. Elon. There can really be no doubt that they are #8.

It is beginning to look like either 2 or 3 SoCon teams in the playoffs. If GSU beats Furman then there is a chance for 3. If Furman beats GSU it looks like only 2. This of course assumes ASU and Furman win their conference games left vs. teams they should beat. Their are 2 really big games left: Furman at GSU and Wofford at Furman.

catamount man
October 22nd, 2005, 08:51 PM
1) Furman
2) App.State
3) Ga.Southern
4) WCU
5) Chattanooga
6) Wofford
7) Citadel
8) Elon

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

OL FU
October 23rd, 2005, 01:03 PM
The favorties mostly won today although I don't really know what to make of WCU beating Chattanooga by 18.

Anyway here is how I see it right now:
1. Appalachian St. I don't care if Furman beat them or not App is the best team in the SoCon right now.
2. Furman. A pretty close 2nd to App. right now.
3. GSU. The beatdown of Citadel today elevates the Eagles back to the #3 spot. The BIG, BIG game of the year comes in 2nd weeks when Furman visits Statesboro.
4. Wofford. Last week I had Wofford at #3 but today's whipping at home moves them to #4.
5. WCU. They jump to #5 today. A good win over Chatt.
6. Chattanooga. Just when I was beginning to think Chattanooga was ready to make a move to challenge for one of the top 3 spots in the SoCon they lay an egg vs. WCU
7. Citadel. Watching Citadel today it was hard to see how they beat WCU and took Furman into OT. I saw what I thought was a very weak team today.
8. Elon. There can really be no doubt that they are #8.

It is beginning to look like either 2 or 3 SoCon teams in the playoffs. If GSU beats Furman then there is a chance for 3. If Furman beats GSU it looks like only 2. This of course assumes ASU and Furman win their conference games left vs. teams they should beat. Their are 2 really big games left: Furman at GSU and Wofford at Furman.

You may be right about one and two, but until someone takes us down, the order is reversed. (and Eagles you don't have to post the future on 11/5, I know what you think :D )

GSU Eagle
October 23rd, 2005, 01:12 PM
what happens in 2 weeks. If we don't win at SD St. this coming Saturday the game in 2 weeks losing all playoff implications for us as we will be out.

Can we beat Furman? The answer is yes
Will we beat Furman? That depends on which GSU team shows up-- The one that routs WCU, Chatt and Citadel at home or the one that plays like #### at Wofford and Appalachian.

After we play Furman if Furman is deserving I would have no problem in moving them ahead of ASU, but right now I firmly believe Appalachian is the best team in the SoCon.

OL FU
October 23rd, 2005, 01:32 PM
:)
what happens in 2 weeks. If we don't win at SD St. this coming Saturday the game in 2 weeks losing all playoff implications for us as we will be out.

Can we beat Furman? The answer is yes
Will we beat Furman? That depends on which GSU team shows up-- The one that routs WCU, Chatt and Citadel at home or the one that plays like #### at Wofford and Appalachian.

After we play Furman if Furman is deserving I would have no problem in moving them ahead of ASU, but right now I firmly believe Appalachian is the best team in the SoCon.

And your opinion like mine is interesting to ourselves, others that agree with us and for discussion purposes, but the reality is until another SoCon team beats us the order is reversed. :D

See you on the fifth (or after a fifth :) ), should be a good one as always.

AppGuy04
October 23rd, 2005, 01:35 PM
I hate to say it, but yeah, we lost to Furman, so right now they have the edge, or atleast the tiebreaker. So lets just say 1 and 1a :D Yeah, I like that

Eaglegus2
October 23rd, 2005, 01:35 PM
1) Furman
2) App.State
3) Ga.Southern
4) WCU
5) Chattanooga
6) Wofford
7) Citadel
8) Elon

GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

Until Furman is beaten again...........they are the cream of SoCon.

I am looking forward to Nov.5. Hopefully, Furman will bring about 3000K fans to Paulson. Nothing like a great game with great fans screaming at each other.

OL FU
October 23rd, 2005, 01:45 PM
Until Furman is beaten again...........they are the cream of SoCon.

I am looking forward to Nov.5. Hopefully, Furman will bring about 3000K fans to Paulson. Nothing like a great game with great fans screaming at each other.

Are the students still going to give us that we are number one finger symbol? :D

AppGuy04
October 23rd, 2005, 01:46 PM
Are the students still going to give us that we are number one finger symbol? :D

just makes ya feel all warm and tingly don't it?

OL FU
October 23rd, 2005, 01:56 PM
just makes ya feel all warm and tingly don't it?

And you know I always thought they were pointing at and admiring my purple sweatshirt.

On another point, it seems likely, unless the voters move Hampton up the polls that Furman will be number two this week. Here is hoping that WKU slams SIU next week so that rating doesn't change.

I really don't want to go there with a big NUMERO UNO ranking.

AppGuy04
October 23rd, 2005, 02:00 PM
And you know I always thought they were pointing at and admiring my purple sweatshirt.

On another point, it seems likely, unless the voters move Hampton up the polls that Furman will be number two this week. Here is hoping that WKU slams SIU next week so that rating doesn't change.

I really don't want to go there with a big NUMERO UNO ranking.

yeah, that #1 has been a curse this year, but from my position, thats the exact thing that I want/need to happen

Black and Gold Express
October 23rd, 2005, 02:20 PM
I'm going to be honest, I truly do think ASU is a better team overall than Furman. You play ASU/Furman on a neutral site or in Boone, ASU wins. But...

1. Furman - they did beat ASU, they deserve his spot for that reason only.
2. ASU - blowing out teams both on the road and at home now.
3. GSU - they seem to be a different animal (pardon the pun) at home. If they pull out a win at SDSU they should run the table.

The gap between the top three and the rest has grown large.

4. Wofford - the best of the rest so far, in terms of having a complete team
5. WCU - their defense will determine if they win or lose
6. Chattanooga - losing to WCU is the kind of loss that makes you think "same old story" for them.
7. Citadel - Jekyll/Hyde team right now. Another "wait till next year" situation is brewing.
8. Elon - simply terrible right now. There's no way to sugarcoat it. I feel sorry for their fans. It has to be painful to watch right now.

OL FU
October 23rd, 2005, 02:21 PM
I'm going to be honest, I truly do think ASU is a better team overall than Furman. You play ASU/Furman on a neutral site or in Boone, ASU wins. But...

1. Furman - they did beat ASU, they deserve his spot for that reason only.
2. ASU - blowing out teams both on the road and at home now.
3. GSU - they seem to be a different animal (pardon the pun) at home. If they pull out a win at SDSU they should run the table.

The gap between the top three and the rest has grown large.

4. Wofford - the best of the rest so far, in terms of having a complete team
5. WCU - their defense will determine if they win or lose
6. Chattanooga - losing to WCU is the kind of loss that makes you think "same old story" for them.
7. Citadel - Jekyll/Hyde team right now. Another "wait till next year" situation is brewing.
8. Elon - simply terrible right now. There's no way to sugarcoat it. I feel sorry for their fans. It has to be painful to watch right now.

That is the only reason that matters.

youwouldno
October 23rd, 2005, 05:50 PM
Yeah well the 2004 Furman team would have smoked App at a neutral site or in Greenville, but App fans bandied about their miracle win like it was the Superbowl.

I also think the 2005 FU-ASU game was a good reflection of the matchup, because neither team had a turnover and neither team dominated special teams. What I saw was two pretty even teams. That said, the Paladins' shaky defense is gradually improving, so Furman may have more upside come postseason play.

We also are strong in short-yardage situations and have a better kicker than App. In close games, things like that might matter more than who has better WRs.

Bottom line: I don't believe you can really say who is better. It doesn't matter. It's all about matchups and situations. ASU and FU are top I-AA teams; GSU is solid but inconsistent. We all want our team to win it all, should they make the playoffs, but if Furman goes down I hope a SoCon team takes it. Having GSU then us taken out last year was no good.

I know there are ASU, GSU, and FU fans that don't think that way because they take things too seriously, but it's how they should be thinking. I especially hope the SoCon takes it to the A-10.

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2005, 07:11 PM
Furman: beat GSU, you get my 1 spot. Until then, ASU is KILLING teams while Furman is squeeking by (Elon doesn't count). Ya'll won in Greenville. But it came down to the very last play and could've very easily went the other way (no, the irony is not lost to me). Since then, it seems ASU has gotten better and Furman has grown even more inconsistent. Either way, I have a sick feeling an ASU/Furman rematch very well might happen...and in Greenville, Boone, or :eek: Chattanooga, ASU will win it this time. In the mean time, please don't beat GSU. ;)

chattanoogamocs
October 23rd, 2005, 07:31 PM
I still don't get where Wofford is looked upon so highly this season by so many...they barely beat Elon at home...never led at Chattanooga, and pretty much got throttled this weekend...but most still have them 4th?

...and they have to play @ the Citadel, @ Western, and @ Furman (plus @ G-Webb).

BTW--the Mocs game was very disappointing, but the Mocs are suddenly "same old same old"...they laid the same kinda egg that Furman did earlier in the season against WCU.

...21 points on bonehead plays that where as much UC's fault, as WCU's superiority...a bad, bad pass deep in Mocs territory that was a pick 6...and two blocked punts for TD's (that where due to the fact that for some reason, the coaching staff tried a completely new punt formation this week...the quickly went back to the original and WCU didn't get near the punter the rest of the game...even R.A. admitted that to try and change now was a dumb coaching move...note to R.A...your right :spank: :bang: ).

I know it is "if and buts" and I am not taking away anything from WCU because they played a great game and were very aggressive on defense...but if the coaching staff hadn't had a "brain fart" on special teams, this would have been a good competitive game (which I would have not been upset about, win or lose).

The remaining schedule is really tough, but honestly, if the Mocs can get one more win out of this season (for a winning record), I would call it a success...hell, after only winning 7 games in the last 3 years, I call it a success now :)....and will look foward to next season with 15 returning starters (8 on offense).

Good luck to all this coming weekend.

yosefcity
October 23rd, 2005, 07:34 PM
Playoff Bound
1. App State- Yes I know we lost to Furple but IMO they will fall to Georgia Southern.
2. Furman-Might be ranked lower if you perform poorly at GSU.
3. GSU- the Big 3 is back and better than ever. Beat the Paladins for us ok.

Non Playoff People
4. Western Carolina- Slowly improving but will fall hard to App.
5. Wofford- After what I saw Saturday, there terrible.
6. Chattanooga- You think there going to be good then they fall.
7. El Cid- Can't make up their mind on weather or not they can win.
8. Elon- They suck terribly. Worst team ever. Even Eloan fans don't deserve this sorry bunch.

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2005, 07:36 PM
I for one have more respect for UTC than Wofford...and thats before yesterday's arse-kicking. You guys seem to be on the rise as a program while Wofford is coming down off a few uncharacteristically good seasons. With all that being said, you are going to get KILLED this weekend. I mean, it's gonna get NASTY.

chattanoogamocs
October 23rd, 2005, 07:42 PM
It was definitely a bummer...but every team can look to at least one game on the schedule that they thought they should have won, but didn't

...and a game they shouldn't have won, but did.

...sooner or later it gets us all, because there is too much parity in football now (almost no one ever gets through a season undefeated anymore in IAA)

Furman fans didn't think they should lose to Western,
Western fans didn't think they should lose to Citadel,
Georgia Southern fans didn't think they should lose to Wofford (or McNeese),
etc, etc, etc.

This what makes football great :) ...and depressing :mad:

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2005, 07:52 PM
Georgia Southern fans wouldn't think they should lose to the '85 Bears. Love em or HATE THEM, but man, you gotta admit they're some arrogant SOBs :D .

Wofford04
October 23rd, 2005, 07:55 PM
I still don't get where Wofford is looked upon so highly this season by so many...they barely beat Elon at home...never led at Chattanooga, and pretty much got throttled this weekend...but most still have them 4th?

I am going to have agree with you there. The only reason they are at the #4 spot in anyone's poll is because they beat GSU and have been more consistent than any of the other teams over the past couple of years. But I don't think anyone deserves to be above Wofford right now either because it seems like there is a good reason for every team why they shouldn't be #4!

I never expected much from this years Terriers and was still cautious after the GSU win. They are still a young team and hopefully will come out over WCU and El Cid, and maybe even make App's day by getting lucky against Furman! Maybe next season when we get Kevious back we will have more of a solid team.

That said, congrats to App!

chattanoogamocs
October 23rd, 2005, 08:08 PM
I agree to that I think it is more a nod to the overall success of Wofford spilling over to this season...and the same goes for a team like Chattanooga in the other direction...they have been bad so long, it is easier with (any) loss to say they are "same old Mocs"

I think in the case of GSU fans, since you beat them...they would still rank the Terriers 4th if they didn't win the rest of the year...I don't think they could take losing to a team "any worse" than that ;)

GSUBass
October 23rd, 2005, 08:17 PM
Georgia Southern fans wouldn't think they should lose to the '85 Bears. Love em or HATE THEM, but man, you gotta admit they're some arrogant SOBs :D .

hahaha...yeah, it's true.

Most of us don't go into a game expecting to lose. That's what makes this year (and 2 years go) so hard.

Cincy App
October 23rd, 2005, 09:19 PM
Playoff Bound
1. App State- Yes I know we lost to Furple but IMO they will fall to Georgia Southern.
2. Furman-Might be ranked lower if you perform poorly at GSU.

From a playoff perspective, Furman is in much better shape than ASU. Furman can lose 2 more games and they still likely make the playoffs. One more conference loss for ASU and the Apps become very doubtful. We've been here before and stumbled.

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2005, 10:01 PM
From a playoff perspective, Furman is in much better shape than ASU. Furman can lose 2 more games and they still likely make the playoffs. One more conference loss for ASU and the Apps become very doubtful. We've been here before and stumbled.

We could always just beat LSU and make it REAL easy on the selection committee...we probably wouldn't even have to show up for the rest of our I-AA's before the playoffs....

EagleCrusade
October 23rd, 2005, 10:18 PM

We would only lose to the '85 Bears if Ditka played every position. DA BEARS!

fuEMO
October 23rd, 2005, 10:24 PM
Furman: beat GSU, you get my 1 spot. Until then, ASU is KILLING teams while Furman is squeeking by (Elon doesn't count). Ya'll won in Greenville. But it came down to the very last play and could've very easily went the other way (no, the irony is not lost to me). Since then, it seems ASU has gotten better and Furman has grown even more inconsistent. Either way, I have a sick feeling an ASU/Furman rematch very well might happen...and in Greenville, Boone, or :eek: Chattanooga, ASU will win it this time. In the mean time, please don't beat GSU. ;)

Furman has grown even more inconsistent. :confused: Just goes to show how much people see what they want to see. Ingle has a virus the week before Citadel cramps up going into the 3rd quarter and Gray leads Furman to 31 pts. In the last two games Furman has allowed zero first downs in the 4th quarter.

I saw two very evenly matched teams but I also saw Furman get away from what got them a big lead. Running the ball down APPs throat. In a rematch I don't see that happening again.

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2005, 11:16 PM
um...

WCU - 41
FURMAN - 21
(CIT - 17, WCU - 7)

ASU - 31
FURMAN - 34
(ASU - 24, GSU -7)
(GSU - 45, WCU - 7)

FURMAN - 39 (3OT)
CITADEL - 31
(ASU - 45, CIT - 13)
(GSU - 49, CIT - 14)

I dunno, maybe its just the SOCON, but it looks like you guys have lost (or nearly lost) games that you shouldn't. Inconsistency. Inconsistency = short playoff run. ASU = blown out teams we should. ASU = best team in SOCON. We'll all se Nov. 5th. GATA Eagles!

youwouldno
October 24th, 2005, 12:28 AM
Maybe you forgot how bad GSU blew everyone in the SoCon out last year, including App.

Except Furman, that is.

And, you may recall, those blowouts didn't exactly correspond to a long playoff run.

So, the facts do not exactly agree with your analysis. But, then, you're an App fan, so I understand.

Black and Gold Express
October 24th, 2005, 08:51 AM
BTW--the Mocs game was very disappointing, but the Mocs are suddenly "same old same old"...they laid the same kinda egg that Furman did earlier in the season against WCU.

[...]

I know it is "if and buts" and I am not taking away anything from WCU because they played a great game and were very aggressive on defense...but if the coaching staff hadn't had a "brain fart" on special teams, this would have been a good competitive game (which I would have not been upset about, win or lose).

What I was referring to is that usually when it comes to public perception of a program that has been struggling the last decade or so, that winning a game like this would have put some separation and something to point to and say "hey, they're turning the corner."

Wofford, over the last 4-5 seasons, has definitely slid into that spot leading the pack of the "rest" of the SoCon (Big 3 not included). The 2002 season really did a lot for them in that regard. And I can easily be swayed to say this year's squad does not belong in that spot. But the problem is, nobody as of yet has stepped up to take it away.

That next tier is made up of WC, UC, WCU, and The Citadel. All four of these teams share a common trait - should a good team overlook them, they can beat you. But all four also seem to epitomize the state where a good team playing well will beat them, no matter what they do.

With the loss to WCU, there's not much to point to UC being much more than what they have been - an average team with occasional flashes of being a real good team. Not pushover teams, but also not legitimate threats to the conference title right now.

Wins are what will change that perception, and pretty much the only thing that will in the long term. A "good loss" will help in the short run, but if it's not followed up by more wins, then nothing has really changed. I don't see what is unfair about that.

SoCon48
October 24th, 2005, 09:03 AM
I am going to have agree with you there. The only reason they are at the #4 spot in anyone's poll is because they beat GSU and have been more consistent than any of the other teams over the past couple of years. But I don't think anyone deserves to be above Wofford right now either because it seems like there is a good reason for every team why they shouldn't be #4!

I never expected much from this years Terriers and was still cautious after the GSU win. They are still a young team and hopefully will come out over WCU and El Cid, and maybe even make App's day by getting lucky against Furman! Maybe next season when we get Kevious back we will have more of a solid team.

That said, congrats to App!

Oh yes! Please do whip the Furmies. Never did dis-like Furman, but they have some arrogant know it all butt-holes on their message board.

OL FU
October 24th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Oh yes! Please do whip the Furmies. Never did dis-like Furman, but they have some arrogant know it all butt-holes on their message board.

and that would be different from any other message boards

ASU Kep
October 24th, 2005, 10:17 AM
I'll send five dollars to the general scholarship fund of the team (Wofford, GSU) that beats Furman. Dead serious.

Black and Gold Express
October 24th, 2005, 10:21 AM

Well, he would know what one acted like... :rolleyes:;)

SoCon48
October 24th, 2005, 10:42 AM

MUCH!!

SoCon48
October 24th, 2005, 10:43 AM
I'll send five dollars to the general scholarship fund of the team (Wofford, GSU) that beats Furman. Dead serious.

5 Bucks? Really going out on a limb there aren't ya, big guy? ;)

Hell, I'll match it.

ASU Kep
October 24th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Good to hear it. **BEAT FURMAN, get FIVE BUCKS**. I'll print up some bumper stickers. I'm really serious about this too...maybe I'll send the five bucks to a GSU/Wof fan who can then donate the money and verify my contribution...or spend it at the local 7-11, but it's the effort that counts...

OL FU
October 24th, 2005, 01:34 PM

No it is not any different than most other school boards. If you would have said the worst arrogant know it all butt-holes I would have agreed. But to be different from other boards you would have to add that qualifier. :D

SoCon48
October 24th, 2005, 01:45 PM
No it is not any different than most other school boards. If you would have said the worst arrogant know it all butt-holes I would have agreed. But to be different from other boards you would have to add that qualifier. :D

Added "MUCH" in the next post.

yosefcity
October 24th, 2005, 02:57 PM
Ill give 5 dollars to any fan of a team that beats Furman during the regular season and then gives me the best reason they should get my 5 dollars.

FU97
October 24th, 2005, 03:02 PM
Ill give 5 dollars to any fan of a team that beats Furman during the regular season and then gives me the best reason they should get my 5 dollars.

I think you should give it to Jermain Austin, but make it a prepayment. :)

And make sure its paid before November 5!

AppGuy04
October 24th, 2005, 03:06 PM
I think you should give it to Jermain Austin, but make it a prepayment. :)

And make sure its paid before November 5!

that would be a violation of NCAA rules

FU97
October 24th, 2005, 03:13 PM
that would be a violation of NCAA rules

Don't worry, I wouldn't tell! Just make sure you let me know when you make the payment so I can confirm you are a man of yoor word! :D

youwouldno
October 24th, 2005, 05:06 PM
If Furman fans were 1% as arrogant and delusional as App fans on the respective message boards, I wouldn't post on the Furman board. As it is, the Furman board is about .0001% as bad the App one, so no trouble.

AppGuy04
October 24th, 2005, 05:16 PM
If Furman fans were 1% as arrogant and delusional as App fans on the respective message boards, I wouldn't post on the Furman board. As it is, the Furman board is about .0001% as bad the App one, so no trouble.

which is why i post here, i like to see both sides of the story

yosefcity
October 24th, 2005, 05:20 PM
Hw would that be a violation. Don't you have to be a booster or a representor of athetics intrest to make it illegal. Its not like im a GSU booster!!!

ASU Kep
October 24th, 2005, 05:23 PM
its up to 15!!! GATA EAGLES!!!

catamount man
October 24th, 2005, 05:56 PM

Since WCU has already beaten Furman, I'll be looking for it in the mail. Thank you for thinking of me! ;) GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ASU Kep
October 24th, 2005, 06:01 PM
sorry catamount man, but my offer is not retroactive...

yosefcity
October 24th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Neither Is mine. It must be a GSU/Wofford/UTC fan.

ASU Kep
October 24th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Oooh, forgot to include Moc fans in my offer. As a matter of fact, I'll double my huge contribution to 10 bucks if UTC beats em the very day before playoff selection. Hopefully I'll be in town to drop off my donation (and watch App play) in mid-December :D :D :D...

FCS_pwns_FBS
October 24th, 2005, 07:32 PM
FU should be number one as a formality, but remember, Furman still has to come to Statesboro and personally, I like our chances being we are at home, and that we should have no problem getting the team motivated and focused after our disappointing loss last year. If the coaches don’t decide to get all conservative like they did against ASU, we should win. On the other hand, App's biggest hurdle is Western, and while Western is good, I don't see them beating App. App is my pick to win the SoCon, but I hope that we can beat Furman and Western can beat App, so we can have a three way tie.

youwouldno
October 24th, 2005, 08:28 PM
The problem for GSU against Furman is that they can score a good bit and still lose. Tossup.

AppGuy04
October 24th, 2005, 08:30 PM
The problem for GSU against Furman is that they can score a good bit and still lose. Tossup.

neither team is especially good defensively

Baldy
October 24th, 2005, 11:55 PM

You don't see that same scenario as a problem for Furman?

OL FU
October 25th, 2005, 06:56 AM
which is why i post here, i like to see both sides of the story

:nod: :nod: :nod:

OL FU
October 25th, 2005, 06:59 AM
You don't see that same scenario as a problem for Furman?

That's why it is a toss-up.

SoCon48
October 25th, 2005, 07:34 AM
neither team is especially good defensively

You're right, not horrible, but not great either. GSU has a couple bruisers who can really hit when they aren't arm tackling or grabbing.

I enjoyed reading the one GSU poster all the week before the ASU-GSU game who kept posting on various boards that ASU's defense was "a sieve," atrocious, etc.

SuperEagle
October 25th, 2005, 08:04 AM
So which side of your mouth are you talking out of ? :)
It's funny that you called us arrogant and just a few posts earlier you told the Mocs how this weekend it's going to get NASTY. I've seen quite a bit of arrogance coming from you guys too. Course in order to be fair, our flag pole backs up ours.

ASU Kep
October 25th, 2005, 12:05 PM
I believe the arse-whoopin' we laid on you guys up here speaks for itself (for this season). And of course I'm confident about the UTC game: its UTC, its at KBS, it homecoming, we're pissed at em for beating us last year. We won't lose this game, and it will get NASTY. Oh, and I'm just messin with the GSU fans as I'm sure you realize. ASU fans and GSU fans are for the most part identical (except for our higher IQs and ya'lls 6 NC's from a time now long past)...which is exactly why we hate eachother so much. Chances are I'll be down there with a few of my boys for the Furman game (I'm from GA)...Nov 5th, 2005 and Nov 5th, 2005 only...GATA EAGLES! Haha, it feels like blasphemy...

AppGuy04
October 25th, 2005, 12:25 PM
I don't see coach moore pulling anyone in the last few games, homecoming and "the jug" game are ones that the fans relish, and nothing makes them happier than big wins, and with close to 25k expected for each, the fans will be out in full force

ASU Kep
October 25th, 2005, 03:29 PM
add that to the fact that about this time of year is when we've screwed up our playoff aspirations for the past two years...