PDA

View Full Version : I-AA @ I-A GAME OF THE WEEK

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 02:23 PM
OK, I felt bad after seeing the 10 games I had to dig up, so I will do one more poll.

What is the I-AA at I-A game of the week?

appfan2008
August 14th, 2008, 02:27 PM
maybe a homer vote but asu/lsu will be the game of the week due to the attention it will bring to our level of football

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Lots of great local match-ups though. Only MSU @ UNC and the App game are not locals.

GeauxLions94
August 14th, 2008, 02:31 PM
Because of the attention with defending national champs, I'm going with Appy State at LSU.

Also intrigued by McNeese State-UNC and Northern Iowa-BYU

appfan2008
August 14th, 2008, 02:32 PM
question who has the best chance to pull off a victory?
my vote would go for deleware

elcid96
August 14th, 2008, 02:32 PM
ASU/LSU will be most watched college game in the country on opening day. If it stays close, it will remain that way. ESPN landed a big one here.

appfan2008
August 14th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Because of the attention with defending national champs, I'm going with Appy State at LSU.

Also intrigued by McNeese State-UNC and Northern Iowa-BYU

me too... i would say uni has got a chance but byu is supposedly gonna be very good this year

PurpleandGold
August 14th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Maybe I'm a homer, but it seems to me that the winability of JMU @ Duke should put it in the running.

appfan2008
August 14th, 2008, 02:35 PM
i would agree... jmu has a great shot, i miss read that... i would say they have the best shot to pull off the "upset"

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Maybe I'm a homer, but it seems to me that the winability of JMU @ Duke should put it in the running.
That's the problem. JMU should be a favorite. :)

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 02:37 PM
question who has the best chance to pull off a victory?
my vote would go for deleware
From that list, I would say UNI or Southern.

Uncle Buck
August 14th, 2008, 02:38 PM
I have to say App St at LSU.

App St just keeps winning and after Michigan, you never know. They may not have the best chance to win, but it will certainly be a game that people will be watching.

appfan2008
August 14th, 2008, 02:38 PM
That's the problem. JMU should be a favorite. :)

things are changing over at duke with there new coach... the feeling around town shows a fanbase that is getting more excited than it has been in a long time... should be an interesting game..

appfan2008
August 14th, 2008, 02:39 PM
From that list, I would say UNI or Southern.

i dont know about uni... byu is gonna be good... IMO

southern is another potential

appfan2008
August 14th, 2008, 02:40 PM
i think the biggest problem in racking up victories over fbs teams is that the best teams from our level are playing the best from their level so we have trouble winning them

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 02:54 PM
BTW, hated to not include Towson at Navy in the vote. A very big in-state match-up around here. Problem being, I'm not sure either team will be very good this year. Sorry Andy. xpeacex

TheValleyRaider
August 14th, 2008, 02:55 PM
I voted ASU-LSU, though McNeese-Carolina is intriguing

JMU should be favored over Duke xnodx

No offense to our UNI brethren here, but BYU should be raring to go, and I have a hard time seeing them losing at this point in the season, especially up in Provo. That'll be for when they have to come down to Fort Worth xnodx :D

Underrated game might be Hofstra-UConn. Huskies are still inconsistent at the FBS level, if not improving, while Hofstra has shown real improvement over the last couple of years. Not saying the Pride will pull it out, but it's one I wouldn't be totally shocked to see happen xtwocentsx

jsualum97
August 14th, 2008, 02:56 PM
I believe without a doubt that ASU vs. LSU is the game of the week, but am a little dissappointed that the JSU vs. Ga. Tech didn't make the list as one of the selections.

dukesfan74
August 14th, 2008, 03:00 PM
things are changing over at duke with there new coach... the feeling around town shows a fanbase that is getting more excited than it has been in a long time... should be an interesting game..

Same thing happened to JMU last year. Played at North Carolina with a new coach. Duke may be better than what you expect

BisonBacker
August 14th, 2008, 03:00 PM
I'd say a close second would be Youngstown and Ohio

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 03:01 PM
a little dissappointed that the JSU vs. Ga. Tech didn't make the list as one of the selections.
Yeah, there were a couple tough ones to leave off, that being one of them. I think with UGA already on the list, I wanted to spread it around a little. Others that I would have loved to add:

Eastern Illinois at Central Michigan
South Dakota State at Iowa State
Towson at Navy
Illinois State at Marshall
Eastern Washington at Texas Tech
UC Davis at San Jose State
Idaho State at Boise State
Grambling State at Nevada

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I'd say a close second would be Youngstown and Ohio
I would agree had they not played just last year. Still a great story with in-state and Tressel. xthumbsupx

bluehenbillk
August 14th, 2008, 03:02 PM
Just looking at the 10 games listed, I see 0-10 just jumping off the page with better than half gettin' ugly.

ASU88
August 14th, 2008, 03:03 PM

The very fact that it's winnable will take some of the luster away, but it really could be a very good game.

Go JMU! xthumbsupx

93henfan
August 14th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Just looking at the 10 games listed, I see 0-10 just jumping off the page with better than half gettin' ugly.

BINGO! (unfortunately)

cowbellnation
August 14th, 2008, 03:13 PM
Why isn't SDSU vs. ISU on here?

Go...gate
August 14th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I vote for the Del-Mar Championship and I'm pulling for the Hens, in their new threads, to make some turtle soup down at Byrd Stadium.

elcid96
August 14th, 2008, 03:16 PM
[QUOTE=appfan2008;1059318]things are changing over at duke with there new coach... the feeling around town shows a fanbase that is getting more excited than it has been in a long time... should be an interesting game..[/QUOTE

I wonder how many of those new fans will stick around after Duke losses?

ronpayne
August 14th, 2008, 03:19 PM
ASU/LSU because of the BCS National Champs vs. the FCS National Champs.

Gamecocks99
August 14th, 2008, 03:23 PM
xconfusedx WHY IS JACKSONVILLE STATE VS GEORGIA TECH NOT ON THE LIST ?

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Why isn't SDSU vs. ISU on here?

xconfusedx WHY IS JACKSONVILLE STATE VS GEORGIA TECH NOT ON THE LIST ?
Keep reading the thread. xpeacex

CCU97
August 14th, 2008, 03:37 PM
My vote is Coastal vs. Penn St. you left that one out!

danefan
August 14th, 2008, 03:38 PM
My vote is Coastal vs. Penn St. you left that one out!

That's a good one. I'll definitely be checking up on that one!

RabidRabbit
August 14th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Cal Poly @ San Diego St is a good one missed too.

OL FU
August 14th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I like in-state games and Athens is just down the roadxthumbsupx

BlueHen86
August 14th, 2008, 03:47 PM
Had to go with ASU at LSU.

I do think UD at Maryland could be a very good game.

RabidRabbit
August 14th, 2008, 03:50 PM
Jr. Rabidrabbit is a Terp, so I'll go for UD vs U of MD xthumbsupx

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Jr. Rabidrabbit is a Terp
xoopsx xoopsx xoopsx There goes my whole image of you. It's no coincidence that IKEA opened a store in College Park. The students have to replace their couches after every big game... it only made sense.

http://thesituationist.files.wordpress.com/2007/03/maryland-fans-rioting.JPG

JayJ79
August 14th, 2008, 04:12 PM
Lots of great local match-ups though. Only MSU @ UNC and the App game are not locals.

UNI at BYU isn't local. Provo is 1200 miles from Cedar Falls.
That's like saying Delaware's game @ UNI was a local game (1030 miles)

McNeese75
August 14th, 2008, 04:20 PM
OK, I felt bad after seeing the 10 games I had to dig up, so I will do one more poll.

What is the I-AA at I-A game of the week?

Approaching 2000 posts, how could it be anything BUT LSU vs ASU xconfusedx :D

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 04:26 PM
UNI at BYU isn't local. Provo is 1200 miles from Cedar Falls.
That's like saying Delaware's game @ UNI was a local game (1030 miles)
Yeah, yeah, yeah :o

phoenixphanatic21
August 14th, 2008, 04:56 PM
App-LSU is the easy pick here, but I'm also very interested to see how Georgia Southern does against Georgia.

MaximumBobcat
August 14th, 2008, 05:08 PM
xhomerx

TxSt at SMU...

Smoo was only 1-11 last year, and although they did hire June Jones in the offseason, there's a decent chance for an upset here. :D

Screamin_Eagle174
August 14th, 2008, 05:13 PM
You didn't list Eastern Washington at Texas Tech. I could be wrong, but one of only three matchups of ranked FCS vs ranked FBS. Not to mention that with Tech's sub-par D, with two explosive offenses... should be a great matchup, and closer than a lot of people will give us credit for.

Mustang Man
August 14th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Cal Poly @ San Diego St

One of the few match ups an FCS team has a chance to win.

But, if I had to pick one from the poll, I would go with the NAU game. They always play the Arizona teams close.

stevdock
August 14th, 2008, 05:44 PM
Why isn't NDSU vs. A. Peay on the list?? What?? They aren't FBS, what the heck are we playing them for then?? Really we couldn't get a better home game then them:)

WVAPPmountaineer
August 14th, 2008, 06:01 PM
As an APP fan, a victory over LSU would be icing on the cake, however, a close second would be to have McNeese beat the UNC TarHoles ---

ngineer
August 14th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Due last year's UM upset, all eyes will be on ASU to see if they can repeat the feat.

cowbellnation
August 14th, 2008, 07:02 PM
SDSU vs. ISU is on Fox College Sports Central

Jag4Life
August 14th, 2008, 07:06 PM
My Jags @ the Cougars of Houston!

griz&beer
August 14th, 2008, 07:58 PM
The best chance to win Cal Polly hands down. The best game too. Go Mustangs. xthumbsupx

Seawolf97
August 14th, 2008, 08:02 PM
Have to root for the local team- Hofstra at UConn . Hope they can hang with the Huskies.

Reign of Terrier
August 14th, 2008, 08:56 PM
Why wasn't Wofford @ USC on the list? We have a better chance than alot of teams and come on, we all want to see Spurrier burn to a "lowly" FCS team. He'd look like thisxflamemadx

phoenixphanatic21
August 14th, 2008, 09:02 PM
Why wasn't Wofford @ USC on the list? We have a better chance than alot of teams and come on, we all want to see Spurrier burn to a "lowly" FCS team. He'd look like thisxflamemadx

That's because they do not play the first weekend.

ASU88
August 14th, 2008, 09:03 PM
He'd be a visor-throwin' fool out there, no doubt.

Cobblestone
August 14th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Go Hofstra!

I root for whoever plays against UCONN.

Reign of Terrier
August 14th, 2008, 09:10 PM
That's because they do not play the first weekend.

The poll needs to be a little bit more specific.

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 14th, 2008, 09:16 PM
How do we define the best FCS-FBS? With FCS-FCS games it's easy, but I'm not sure with these FBS game. Is it the one where the teams are the most evenly matched? The one where the average ranking between the two teams in their respective divisions is the lowest?

BEAR
August 14th, 2008, 09:18 PM
maybe a homer vote but asu/lsu will be the game of the week due to the attention it will bring to our level of football

I'm not too sure that kind of attention is what this level of football needs...xasswhipx

blackfordpu
August 14th, 2008, 10:36 PM
Easy choice, champ vs. champ. xnodx

FCS Go!
August 14th, 2008, 10:41 PM
The best chance to win Cal Polly hands down. The best game too. Go Mustangs. xthumbsupx

xnodx Yep.

Lionsrking
August 14th, 2008, 10:46 PM
Easy choice, champ vs. champ. xnodx

From a fan interest standpoint I would say that's an easy choice. But I don't think it will be the best game.

introvertedGSUfan
August 14th, 2008, 10:52 PM
GSU vs. UGA simply because it could show how well each of those teams will preform that year. If we can hold UGA to beating us by no more than 20, then perhaps our offense will be fine this year. If UGA absolutely demolishes us and showcases their talent, it may show what their chances of winning a national championship will be.

3rd Coast Tiger
August 15th, 2008, 12:44 AM
I WANNA SEE TEXASTERROR RIGHT NOW!!!

xmadx xnonox

bleedblue
August 15th, 2008, 04:34 AM

Duke should drop down to 1-AA.

89Hen
August 15th, 2008, 08:58 AM
The poll needs to be a little bit more specific.
xconfusedx How's that? XXXX of the week always implies all considerations are actually in the same week. xpeacex

89Hen
August 15th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Are any of them on national TV?
AppSt at LSU is on ESPN.

89Hen
August 15th, 2008, 08:59 AM
xconfusedx xsmhx

3rd Coast Tiger
August 15th, 2008, 11:46 AM

What do you think TexasTerror? xwhistlex

bobbythekidd
August 15th, 2008, 12:22 PM
GSU vs. UGA simply because it could show how well each of those teams will preform that year. If we can hold UGA to beating us by no more than 20, then perhaps our offense will be fine this year. If UGA absolutely demolishes us and showcases their talent, it may show what their chances of winning a national championship will be.
That logic could be used for the YSU and App St games as well.

For fan interest of followers and casual fans I vote for LSU ASU

bobbythekidd
August 15th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Now that I have voted, it seems vote vote doesn't change squat!

JagHammer
August 15th, 2008, 02:24 PM
My Jags @ the Cougars of Houston!

I concur strongly! xthumbsupx

ASUG8
August 15th, 2008, 03:21 PM

Absolutely right - I think JMU has a good chance of taking Duke down, although isn't exactly a powerhouse in a non-powerhouse conference. No disrespect (I hope you win), but I think the ASU/LSU will be prominent, followed by the GSU/UGA simply because the SEC is stacked this year.
I'd also put about even odds on McNeese/UNC.

RabidRabbit
August 15th, 2008, 05:29 PM
I concur strongly! xthumbsupx

This Rabbit hopes the Jags can pull one out over Houston! xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

When is the last time that a SWAC beat an FBS? xconfusedx xconfusedx

TexasTerror
August 16th, 2008, 08:25 AM
This poll makes little sense...

Since when do we have an I-AA playing at an I-A? Thought those games went the way of SWAC playoff wins...? They're extinct!

3rd Coast Tiger
August 16th, 2008, 08:59 AM
This poll makes little sense...

Since when do we have an I-AA playing at an I-A? Thought those games went the way of SWAC playoff wins...? They're extinct!

Wow...

A true punk ass escape route. xsmhx

TexasTerror
August 16th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Wow...A true punk ass escape route. xsmhx

That's true. Considering the SWAC has never won a playoff game, that's non-existent and not extinct. I-AA vs I-A is extinct as it happened before and is no longer as it's FBS @ FCS. xnodx

89Hen
August 28th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Want all the voters here too.

Benne
August 28th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I think it has to be App State at LSU. Is anybody intentionally going to skip over this game if they're watching football on Saturday?

GrizFanStuckInUtah
August 28th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I had to vote for UNI vs BYU as I will get to go to that game. It is always so much better to go watch a game live then on TV, so that is why it gets my vote :)

MR. CHICKEN
August 29th, 2008, 07:37 AM
FROM UH.....POSSIBLE CHANCE TA WIN STANDPOINT......AH'D TAKE MCNEESE STATE....OVERAH....NORFF CAROLINAH........BRAWK/OBAMA-BIDEN!

appfan2008
August 29th, 2008, 07:40 AM
FROM UH.....POSSIBLE CHANCE TA WIN STANDPOINT......AH'D TAKE MCNEESE STATE....OVERAH....NORFF CAROLINAH........BRAWK/OBAMA-BIDEN!

Id say ud has a shot with maryland as well...

Seven Would Be Nice
August 29th, 2008, 09:23 AM
I thought there would be more votes for GSU.

UGA is ranked #1, and might prove to be a good game. :D

I think LSU is going to stomp ASU. They won't let themselves be a second Michigan.

redbirdtim
August 30th, 2008, 09:34 AM
I'm thinking Illinois State-Marshall here in Hungtington, WVa could be a good game. Hopefully Appy St. can pull off a big shocker this morning. Last year, wasn't a big shocker to me. This one would be. However, if they can take it to the book to the ex-Harvard QB, they have a shot.

Death Dealer
August 30th, 2008, 11:06 AM
I thought there would be more votes for GSU.

UGA is ranked #1, and might prove to be a good game. :D

I think LSU is going to stomp ASU. They won't let themselves be a second Michigan.

I agree. I don't see why an azz kicking can be the game of the week. The only thing this game is going to do is justify the arrogance of the average FBS moron.

Ronbo
August 30th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Shouldn't this thread be titled. "The body bag take the money and run game of the week".

Syntax Error
August 30th, 2008, 11:52 AM
Shouldn't this thread be titled. "The body bag take the money and run game of the week".No. It should be titled "FCS @ FBS GAME OF THE WEEK" xnodx

I-AA and I-A have not existed as NCAA nomenclature for years.