PDA

View Full Version : WCU back on track?

WCU LawCat
October 22nd, 2005, 08:39 PM
...with a 38-20 win at Chattanooga. A pretty decent Chattanooga that was 5-2. WCU is now 3-3 (2-2 SoCon)

catamount man
October 22nd, 2005, 08:43 PM
Hell of a victory!!! I hated that I didn't get to make the trip, especially since the purple pants made their road debut. This was a BIG win for the Catamounts! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

DCboyWCU
October 22nd, 2005, 11:44 PM
Well, we aren't making the playoffs, but I think we can still play for an improved season. I was at a nice high with a win over furman and close one to cincy, but then went directly to the opposite end of the spectrum with a loss to the citadel and the whooping from GSU. Now with the win over UTC things are looking a little better to me. We still have elon, and wofford in cullowhee, so we could be headed to boone at 5-3 to play for respect.

DCboy@WCU

catamount man
October 23rd, 2005, 07:51 AM
We win these next two games to get to 5-3, the game in November 12th will be an all out war. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

asu70
October 23rd, 2005, 07:20 PM
I hope you guys win out and we'll have a great crowd in Nov. watching the battle for that old mtn. jug. My wife is a WCU grad so I pull for the cats except when they play App.

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2005, 09:16 PM
ASU > UTC...= biggest understatement in history.

Kidd-Brewer > Finley = second biggest understatement in history.

WCU fans thinking their win over *UTC* indicates that they have finally pulled things together enough to roll into Boone and maintain possession of the jug = ridiculous.

catamount man
October 23rd, 2005, 10:07 PM
And your opinion is just like...well, you get the point. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

GSUhooligan
October 23rd, 2005, 10:40 PM
gotta love the optimism though. In fact, its kinda cute, but theres no way Western wins @ Boone.

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2005, 11:03 PM
and finally...

standing in complete and total agreement with a GSU fan = priceless.

chattanoogamocs
October 23rd, 2005, 11:19 PM

WCU fans thinking their win over *UTC* indicates that they have finally pulled things together enough to roll into Boone and maintain possession of the jug = ridiculous.

I have read the posts, who, besides you, has equated winning at UC as being able to win at Boone?

...and the standard response from a GSU fan which is code for...."if we got our asses handed there...no one else has a chance of winning". It is the same reason they keep trying to convince themselves that Wofford is a good football team this year.

;) = don't get all wound up, am just playin' with ya.

ASU Kep
October 23rd, 2005, 11:52 PM
:) . Yah I'm just saying that winning in our house this year would be QUITE an accomplishment. Hope your comin up for homecoming this weekend, chatanoogamocs, it's gonna be CRAZY. KBS = nightmare, this year more than ever.

may the best team win. big. :D .

that jug is ours.

youwouldno
October 24th, 2005, 12:29 AM
App could fumble 5 times. Otherwise, and maybe even then, WCU is in trouble.

DemiGS
October 24th, 2005, 01:15 AM
We lost in Boone...WCU will probably loose in Boone. But don't judge ASU at home by the GSU game. Let me just say I HOPE we don't make the playoffs this year. We simply are not good enough, consistently enough, to deserve the spot. Like I've said many times before; we have very talented kids. This Sewak team just is not made ready for any serious Competition. I'm sure this is seen as treachery by my follow Eagles, but I hope Furman kicks our ass at home. I'm soooo proud of our home win percentage...but at this point, the best way to get better is top get worse. If we eek out another "ok" season but continue to fold consistently against serious competition...then GSU wont move beyond the Sewak Era. Don't get me wrong... In his interviews Mike seems like a great coach. He talks the talk, but I have never gotten the feeling that he knows how to prepare a team to execute their offense. I believe the players are basically on their own to inspire and improve themselves. That's why a Sewak team is slow to start and folds when tested. Last year was an anomaly...our kids were jacked up for UGA for 12 months. That 'high' lasted all the way until the playoffs. Then........Sewak Ball....Someone Disagree?!? Please?!? Someone Tell me Sewak is a good coach for GSU. Sorry about pissing on our big homecoming win, but we need answers!!!!!

Baldy
October 24th, 2005, 01:24 AM
Let me just say I HOPE we don't make the playoffs this year. We simply are not good enough, consistently enough, to deserve the spot.....I'm sure this is seen as treachery by my follow Eagles, but I hope Furman kicks our ass at home. I'm soooo proud of our home win percentage...but at this point, the best way to get better is top get worse.

WOW!!! You're such a great fan. :rolleyes: :confused:
I hope this team makes your Thanksgiving as miserable as possible.

chattanoogamocs
October 24th, 2005, 01:27 AM
Yah I'm just saying that winning in our house this year would be QUITE an accomplishment

Winning at KBS any year (for anyone) is an accomplishment.

DemiGS
October 24th, 2005, 01:34 AM
WOW!!! You're such a great fan. :rolleyes: :confused:
I hope this team makes your Thanksgiving as miserable as possible.

Baldy,
So you are happy with the level of coaching over the last several years? Do you think we have lost every major contest lately because our team was just not as talented? Do you want another 5 or 10 years of 7-4 or 8-3 seasons with early exits from the playoffs? Talking with the folks at the game this weekend, I assure you I'm not alone.

SuperEagle
October 24th, 2005, 07:54 AM
Hey Western fans, you got me in your corner no doubt. If you guys can win out, including winning in Boone, and if we can win against Furman, we will have a 4 way tie for first place in the SOCON. GSU/WCU would have went 2-1 against the other 3 while furman/asu would have only went 1-2. And if I'm not mistaken, since we beat you guys I think we would get the automatic bid.
However, you guys can still finish tied for first in the conference and this Eagle is cheering for you all the way. GO WCU!!!!!!!

Baldy
October 24th, 2005, 09:03 AM
Baldy,
So you are happy with the level of coaching over the last several years? Do you think we have lost every major contest lately because our team was just not as talented? Do you want another 5 or 10 years of 7-4 or 8-3 seasons with early exits from the playoffs? Talking with the folks at the game this weekend, I assure you I'm not alone.

eff the coaches.
I don't go to every game home or away to cheer for the coaches. I'm not selfish enough to throw this team under the bus just so a coach can get fired, ludicrous. I believe Jermaine Austin, Brandon Andrews, Chad Motte, AJ Bryant, Steve Steele, and every other senior on the team deserves more than that. I'm going to support my team no matter who the coach is, period.

ButlerGSU
October 24th, 2005, 09:13 AM

I wouldn't have given WCU a chance against Furman either but we all know how that turned out... GO WCU!

AppGuy04
October 24th, 2005, 09:17 AM
Hey Western fans, you got me in your corner no doubt. If you guys can win out, including winning in Boone, and if we can win against Furman, we will have a 4 way tie for first place in the SOCON. GSU/WCU would have went 2-1 against the other 3 while furman/asu would have only went 1-2. And if I'm not mistaken, since we beat you guys I think we would get the automatic bid.
However, you guys can still finish tied for first in the conference and this Eagle is cheering for you all the way. GO WCU!!!!!!!

interesting scenario, we won't happen until a cow flies, and not in a plane

SoCon48
October 24th, 2005, 10:52 AM
I hope you guys win out and we'll have a great crowd in Nov. watching the battle for that old mtn. jug. My wife is a WCU grad so I pull for the cats except when they play App.

Me, too, but no wife from WCU, but I'm a loyal NCAAT supporter.

Speaking of wimmin, the babes at Wofford were tuff, Saturday.

catamount man
October 24th, 2005, 05:52 PM

Thanks for the support! WCU needs to win out for sure though and then, hopefully, everything else falls into place. GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

(p/s pack your longjohns for the trip to South Dakota State this week) :eek:

ASU Kep
October 24th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Nov. 12 just can't come soon enough...

catamount man
October 24th, 2005, 05:59 PM
Nov. 12 just can't come soon enough...

AMEN!!! GO CATAMOUNTS!!!

ButlerGSU
October 24th, 2005, 06:57 PM
Take it from a Georgia Southern fan, great teams can stumble late in the season and early in the playoffs...

GO WCU!