PDA

View Full Version : GAME OF THE WEEK - WEEK 1

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 02:18 PM
I did this last year and figured I'd start it up again. Sorry if your game isn't listed, but I can only do 10 options.

What do you think is the I-AA game of the week?

(Please note that only I-AA vs I-AA games will be choices every week, sorry them's the rules)

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 14th, 2008, 02:22 PM
It's gotta be the only game that features two ranked teams.

appfan2008
August 14th, 2008, 02:23 PM
very easy choice here...

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 02:27 PM
very easy choice here...
I think it probably is, but I am really interested in:

Albany @ UMass
JSU @ Hampton
Presby @ Wofford

appfan2008
August 14th, 2008, 02:28 PM
oh no doubt there are other interesting/good games... but i think we can agree they are fighting for the 2nd biggest game of the week

GeauxLions94
August 14th, 2008, 02:28 PM
very easy choice here...

Albany @ UMass
JSU @ Hampton
Presby @ Wofford

All of the above are easy choices though I'm playing the homer and saying our game at Alcorn State should be a good one.

danefan
August 14th, 2008, 02:29 PM
Yeah, I even voted for Elon/Richmond.

But I do think Albany/Umass could be interesting to say the least.

appfan2008
August 14th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Yeah, I even voted for Elon/Richmond.

But I do think Albany/Umass could be interesting to say the least.

how do you relate your chances with umass?

elcid96
Easy to do in Week 1 when lots of teams are playing FBS or DII foes.

AZGrizFan
Montana @ Cal Poly :D

TwinTownBisonFan
August 14th, 2008, 02:32 PM
i voted the homer pick... but who am i kidding.

i think all eyes will be on richmond/elon

danefan
August 14th, 2008, 02:32 PM
how do you relate your chances with umass?

Tough.

I think it is the most difficult game on the schedule. I do think we could be in it into the 4th quarter though.

I hope.:)

Realistically I see a 14 point loss. I think UMass will be a top 5 team all year.

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Montana @ Cal Poly :D
xeyebrowx You scared me for a minute. That's week 2.

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 02:34 PM
i voted the homer pick... but who am i kidding.
Hey, it will be the first official I-AA game for NDSU. xthumbsupx

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 02:34 PM
Tough.

I think it is the most difficult game on the schedule.
Oh sure. You beat the Hens once and now we're a pushover? xsmiley_wix :p

appfan2008
August 14th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Hey, it will be the first official I-AA game for NDSU. xthumbsupx

yeah but they are gonna kick some ass and run away in that game which doesnt make it as interesting as some of these other games

813Jag
August 14th, 2008, 02:39 PM
All of the above are easy choices though I'm playing the homer and saying our game at Alcorn State should be a good one.
I don't usually pull against SWAC schools in OOC games, but I don't think Alcorn will be any good early in the season.

My vote goes to JSU/Hampton, big game to set the tone for the SWAC.

Dane96
August 14th, 2008, 02:41 PM

Hehehehe.

Honestly...I wish these games were next year. For the most part, this will be an entirely new team...plus we lost two key guys we did not expect: Justin Tougus (a monster on the line) and Nicomini...our stud defensive player. Two guys we did not expect to lose.

I think we would have a better shot, offensively speaking, if we played UMASS later.

Honestly, hate to say it, I would not be surprised with a 35-7 score. UMASS is my pick to be in the Top-2 all season long (like others I presume believe as well). I think Coen is FAR too experienced for our young defense.

Albany, IMHO, is a year away.

AZGrizFan
August 14th, 2008, 02:41 PM
xeyebrowx You scared me for a minute. That's week 2.

I know. I was just seeing if you were paying attention. ;)

danefan
August 14th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Hehehehe.

Honestly...I wish these games were next year. For the most part, this will be an entirely new team...plus we lost two key guys we did not expect: Justin Tougus (a monster on the line) and Nicomini...our stud defensive player. Two guys we did not expect to lose.

I think we would have a better shot, offensively speaking, if we played UMASS later.

Honestly, hate to say it, I would not be surprised with a 35-7 score. UMASS is my pick to be in the Top-2 all season long (like others I presume believe as well). I think Coen is FAR too experienced for our young defense.

Shhhh.....I'm trying to be optimistic. ;) xsmiley_wix

93henfan
August 14th, 2008, 02:52 PM

Looking forward to a little payback on Sep 27th.xnodx

Go...gate
August 14th, 2008, 03:12 PM
Presbyterian - Wofford. That is a fine old in-state series.

TheValleyRaider
August 14th, 2008, 03:25 PM
Richmond-Elon should be a great showdown between contenders from 2 big conferences xnodx

UMass-Albany and Colgate-Stony Brook could be winners too xthumbsupx

Gamecocks99
August 14th, 2008, 03:27 PM
WHY IS JACKSONVILLE STATE VS GEORGIA TECH NOT ON THE LIST ?

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 03:29 PM
xbangx xoopsx xnonono2x

I hope you are kidding.

danefan
August 14th, 2008, 03:29 PM

READ THE DESCRIPTION.

FCS vs FCS GAMES ONLY

WHY ARE WE YELLING?

OL FU
August 14th, 2008, 03:34 PM

Albany @ UMass
JSU @ Hampton
Presby @ Wofford

I am also really interested in Stoneybrook and Cogate, for FU reasonsxnodx

McNeese75
August 14th, 2008, 04:24 PM
Gotta go with Richmond and Elon xnodx

phoenixphanatic21
August 14th, 2008, 04:30 PM
There is no contest here. Elon-Richmond is easily the best game in the FCS, maybe even in the BCS. I mean, how many ranked teams in the FBS are playing each other in week one? I don't think any. So if you go by just that, this game is HUGE.....oh wait, there is that LSU-App game...ok well besides that it's the best game that weekend.

UMass922
August 14th, 2008, 04:32 PM
Richmond v. Elon. In light of all the CAA v. SoCon debate going on around here, thank goodness we get an actual CAA v. SoCon game right off the bat. Can't come too soon.

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 04:40 PM
There is no contest here. Elon-Richmond is easily the best game in the FCS, maybe even in the BCS. I mean, how many ranked teams in the FBS are playing each other in week one? I don't think any. So if you go by just that, this game is HUGE.....oh wait, there is that LSU-App game...ok well besides that it's the best game that weekend.
There are a couple I-A games of interest...

Washington at Oregon
Tennessee at UCLA
Kentucky at Louisville
Alabama at Clemson
Illinois at Missouri
North Carolina State at South Carolina

phoenixphanatic21
August 14th, 2008, 04:50 PM
Well I meant if you just looked at ranked teams facing each other. Also, I will admit I am a bit of a homer, so that may influence my decision just a little bit.

skinny_uncle
August 14th, 2008, 04:50 PM
At least SIU vs. bye was not listed.
:D

JBB
August 14th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Its might not be the game of the week but there is going to be a lot of interest around the FCS concerning the Austin Peay @ NDSU game.

I think a lot of people are anxious to see what the BISON are about this season. This is a good first test.

89Hen
August 14th, 2008, 05:06 PM
I think a lot of people are anxious to see what the BISON are about this season. This is a good first test.
I'm interested to see the Bison, but I think your first really good test comes when you have YSU, SIU, WIU and UNI in weeks 4-7. AP had a decent year last year, but you should easily handle them. xpeacex

skinny_uncle
August 14th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Its might not be the game of the week but there is going to be a lot of interest around the FCS concerning the Austin Peay @ NDSU game.

The Gateway/Valley traditionally kicks the OVC's tail. The Bison need to carry on the tradition.

elon77
August 14th, 2008, 06:09 PM

I've gotten my tickets, and I can hardly wait. I hear that citdog may show up so he can see two quality football teams. citdog in 3.2.1xsplatx

IndianaAppMan
August 14th, 2008, 06:25 PM

Best game in the FCS, for sure, but you might have heard about Clemson-Alabama, LSU-App State, USC-Virginia, Utah-Michigan, & Illinois-Missouri. I'll be curious about all those games, Elon-Richmond included.

Seawolf97
August 14th, 2008, 07:51 PM
Had to go with Colgate- Stonybrook. Think it is going to be an exciting evening.

phoenixphanatic21
August 14th, 2008, 08:06 PM
I've gotten my tickets, and I can hardly wait. I hear that citdog may show up so he can see two quality football teams. citdog in 3.2.1xsplatx

Luckily, as a student, I've had my ticket since the day last season ended. I know I have been waiting since school ended for that game and I will die if I have to wait much longer. xhypedx And oh I hope citdog does. I'm sure he's forgotten what real teams look like since all he focuses on is citadel and forgets to look at all the talent around him. We should give him a real warm welcome.

Best game in the FCS, for sure, but you might have heard about Clemson-Alabama, LSU-App State, USC-Virginia, Utah-Michigan, & Illinois-Missouri. I'll be curious about all those games, Elon-Richmond included.

Ok here's how I break down all those games IMO:
Clemson-Alabama: Will be a damn good game. One of the games that could compete with Elon-Richmond.
LSU-App: I mentioned that this game is bigger than the Elon-Richmond game in my original post, so that's all I need to say on that.
USC-Virginia: USC is gonna demolish Virginia, so there goes the interest in that game.
Utah-Michgan: Michigan and Utah won't be too good this year IMO so while it is important, I do think Elon-Richmond is bigger.
Illinois-Missouri: Wow. I don't know how I forgot about this game. Ok, so this may also be bigger than Elon-Richmond.

Again, this is all just my opinion and I'm sure some people will disagree with me on this.

Maroon&White
August 14th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Hehehehe.

Does Albany still have that long snapper from 2005?

danefan
August 14th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Does Albany still have that long snapper from 2005?

I can't for the life of me remember who it was.

But I don't think he was the long snapper in week 3 of that year, let alone three years later.xrolleyesx

ngineer
August 14th, 2008, 10:26 PM
The Richmond game is of interest to see whether Elon is 'for real' this year. Coming out of the box against a tough opponent.

blackfordpu
August 14th, 2008, 10:35 PM
JSU @ Hampton

89Hen
August 15th, 2008, 09:04 AM
Ok here's how I break down all those games IMO:
Clemson-Alabama: Will be a damn good game. One of the games that could compete with Elon-Richmond.
LSU-App: I mentioned that this game is bigger than the Elon-Richmond game in my original post, so that's all I need to say on that.
USC-Virginia: USC is gonna demolish Virginia, so there goes the interest in that game.
Utah-Michgan: Michigan and Utah won't be too good this year IMO so while it is important, I do think Elon-Richmond is bigger.
Illinois-Missouri: Wow. I don't know how I forgot about this game. Ok, so this may also be bigger than Elon-Richmond.

Again, this is all just my opinion and I'm sure some people will disagree with me on this.
The reality is that nobody outside of the I-AA world will take any notice of the Elon/Richmond game. All the games above, plus all the ones I mentioned will garner much more attention nationally.

TTUEagles
August 15th, 2008, 10:51 AM
Gardner-Webb @ TTU (Thursday, Aug. 28) should be a good game...

phoenixphanatic21
August 15th, 2008, 04:01 PM
The reality is that nobody outside of the I-AA world will take any notice of the Elon/Richmond game. All the games above, plus all the ones I mentioned will garner much more attention nationally.

Yea, I know. It's the sad truth. Such is the life of a FCS fan. xbawlingx xbawlingx xbawlingx

89Hen
August 28th, 2008, 03:11 PM
Just wanted to get the last minute voters. I started this poll pretty early.