PDA

View Full Version : Most Delusional Fanbase in College Football

The Cats
August 13th, 2008, 10:35 AM
Why Notre Dame is Not the Most Delusional Fanbase in College Football

http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0071/6592/appstate_article.jpg

Everyone knows about Notre Dame's legendary status as the most optimistic fan base in college football. From Lou Holtz picking the Domers in every game to their fans truly believing they're on the cusp of winning a national title—to be honest it has become a novelty that college football can't do without.

They're steadfast in their beliefs, they hang together in packs, stick up for one another, and will attack en masse any and all who attempt to oppose or even correct them.

I'd like to reach out and give them a pound, a nice little fist bump because they're the fans who love their team no matter how bad they are. They don't boo, show up late, or leave early. They love those Golden Domers and they don't necessarily need a decent or recent reason to. It's great.

However, all good things must come to an end, and sadly enough I feel that there is a fan base that has risen up to overtake that number one spot.

The new number one belongs to the fans of one Appalachian State University from Boone, North Carolina.

That's right. App State has risen up and slain yet another of college football's titans. First Michigan in the Big House, now Notre Dame at the alter of delusional team adulation.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/46846-why-notre-dame-is-not-the-most-delusional-fanbase-in-college-football

89Hen
August 13th, 2008, 10:40 AM
xoopsx

AshevilleApp2
August 13th, 2008, 10:41 AM
We'd beat Notre Dame. xsmiley_wix

89Hen
August 13th, 2008, 10:45 AM
The author was "an undersized scrappy safety for the UNC Tar Heels" so that might explain a little. Poor Tar Heels were lapped by State, then Wake and now App. xlolx

Reign of Terrier
August 13th, 2008, 10:48 AM
I don't remember an app fan saying Armanti was better than Tebow or White.

IndianaAppMan
August 13th, 2008, 10:50 AM
xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

I don't think App fans who make the kinds of claims listed in the article are any more delusional than the Western fans who think they'll be in the national title hunt in the next few years. I remember in the 90's I'd get told every year how Clemson was going to whip Florida State, with no basis, just a "feeling."

No doubt that this author is Western fan jealous of ASU's run of dominance, a UNCC fan jealous that App draws attention for its team's success while his school doesn't even have one, or an ACC fan who's jealous that a 1AA school is labeled "the best college team in North Carolina."

And it's also not completely unreasonable that Armanti would try to go pro after this year. He's already gathering attention on the national level. Still, I'm not "worried" about it. He'd be wise to stay in college to help improve his draft status, if he gets drafted at all.

Grizalltheway
August 13th, 2008, 10:54 AM
xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

I don't think App fans who make the kinds of claims listed in the article are any more delusional than the Western fans who think they'll be in the national title hunt in the next few years. I remember in the 90's I'd get told every year how Clemson was going to whip Florida State, with no basis, just a "feeling."

No doubt that this author is Western fan jealous of ASU's run of dominance, a UNCC fan jealous that App draws attention for its team's success while his school doesn't even have one, or an ACC fan who's jealous that a 1AA school is labeled "the best college team in North Carolina."

And it's also not completely unreasonable that Armanti would try to go pro after this year. He's already gathering attention on the national level. Still, I'm not "worried" about it. He'd be wise to stay in college to help improve his draft status, if he gets drafted at all.

The guy's 150 pounds soaking wet. He's not playing QB in the NFL. xrulesx xcoffeex

appfan2008
August 13th, 2008, 11:00 AM
xsmhx i dont know if that me want to cry, throw my computer out the window, or kick that guys ass but i sure aint happy right now

appfan2008
August 13th, 2008, 11:02 AM
The guy's 150 pounds soaking wet. He's not playing QB in the NFL. xrulesx xcoffeex

he really is heavier than that... look at pictures of him at fall practice... his twig legs arent twigs anymore! they aint tree trunks either but there are certainly some substancial branches

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 13th, 2008, 11:04 AM
please xrolleyesx

AE isn't better than Tebow, but if I was running the spread I'd pick him over Pat White.

ASU88
August 13th, 2008, 11:08 AM
Deslusional?

You mean, we didn't really win 3 titles in a row, pull off an historical upset of a ranked FCS team, and ... what else ... oh yeah, ring up 79 points on the tough Western Carolina defense!

What part of that didn't happen ?

Cocky, chest-thumping, rude ... you might make a case for these. Surely there are a lot of App St fans that has let the sucess go to their heads and don't act classy at times. But I wouldn't call them delusional.

Notre Dame fans might be considered delusional as they expect their mediocre team to be in the top 5 every year and every game they lose is an upset.

App St, as tired as you all are of hearing, HAS BEEN that good over the last few years.

So please, don't call us delusional. Call us ---holes!

Bearvision
August 13th, 2008, 11:13 AM
App St. is a great team on this level, but they are not a better team than North Carolina. Butch Davis will have that team winning 8 and 9 games a year very soon IMO. The man can recruit...

Winning 3 National titles in a row will make any fanbase a little starry eyed, but I'd say App St. has earned it on the field...

89Hen
August 13th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Deslusional?

You mean, we didn't really win 3 titles in a row, pull off an historical upset of a ranked FCS team, and ... what else ... oh yeah, ring up 79 points on the tough Western Carolina defense!

What part of that didn't happen ?

Cocky, chest-thumping, rude ... you might make a case for these. Surely there are a lot of App St fans that has let the sucess go to their heads and don't act classy at times. But I wouldn't call them delusional.

Notre Dame fans might be considered delusional as they expect their mediocre team to be in the top 5 every year and every game they lose is an upset.

App St, as tired as you all are of hearing, HAS BEEN that good over the last few years.

So please, don't call us delusional. Call us ---holes!
Um. Did you read the article?

SideLine Shooter
August 13th, 2008, 11:16 AM

http://bleacherreport.com/images_root/image_pictures/0071/6592/appstate_article.jpg

Everyone knows about Notre Dame's legendary status as the most optimistic fan base in college football. From Lou Holtz picking the Domers in every game to their fans truly believing they're on the cusp of winning a national title—to be honest it has become a novelty that college football can't do without.

They're steadfast in their beliefs, they hang together in packs, stick up for one another, and will attack en masse any and all who attempt to oppose or even correct them.

I'd like to reach out and give them a pound, a nice little fist bump because they're the fans who love their team no matter how bad they are. They don't boo, show up late, or leave early. They love those Golden Domers and they don't necessarily need a decent or recent reason to. It's great.

However, all good things must come to an end, and sadly enough I feel that there is a fan base that has risen up to overtake that number one spot.

The new number one belongs to the fans of one Appalachian State University from Boone, North Carolina.

That's right. App State has risen up and slain yet another of college football's titans. First Michigan in the Big House, now Notre Dame at the alter of delusional team adulation.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/46846-why-notre-dame-is-not-the-most-delusional-fanbase-in-college-football

App St. has a fan base. The last several times I have been to C.C.C. there were No Fans there. Well, maybe a few fans but nothing I would classify as a FAN BASE...xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ASU88
August 13th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Um. Did you read the article?
Yes ... just jabbin' at The Cats for enjoying it so much!
xlolx

Skjellyfetti
August 13th, 2008, 11:19 AM
This should be in smack.

AshevilleApp2
August 13th, 2008, 11:20 AM
App St. is a great team on this level, but they are not a better team than North Carolina. Butch Davis will have that team winning 8 and 9 games a year very soon IMO. The man can recruit...

Winning 3 National titles in a row will make any fanbase a little starry eyed, but I'd say App St. has earned it on the field...

A new poster! Welcome!

bluehenbillk
August 13th, 2008, 11:26 AM
I've read the posts in the 1,000+ posts LSU to play App State thread. If App doesn't stay within a TD I don't know how they hold onto the #1 spot...xnodx

Appaholic
August 13th, 2008, 11:28 AM

Well, we'll never know that seeing as how Carolina turned down a chance to prove it on the field this year.......AFTER we lost KR, Rauch, Brown and Lynch and AFTER Davis hauled in another top-20 class of recruits. We may not be better, but we aren't scared to try.......

And based upon any measure you want to use, we have been a better program than carolina for 10 years, regardless of what the Heels do on the field this year....

Appaholic
August 13th, 2008, 11:32 AM

what a shining example of a catamount fan you are!!!

call us when Wagner gets a conference win....xcoffeex

APPALACHIANstate
August 13th, 2008, 11:32 AM
Carolina is getting things in the right direction and will start bringing in recruits, do you really think they would take a chance at losing to Appalachian State? They wouldn't because it would show that they are not the premier team in NC for football, an image they are trying to promote.

Appaholic
August 13th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Carolina is getting things in the right direction and will start bringing in recruits, do you really think they would take a chance at losing to Appalachian State? They wouldn't because it would show that they are not the premier team in NC for football, an image they are trying to promote.

All the more reason they are a bunch of powder-puff blue Nancys.....xcoffeex

bostonspider
August 13th, 2008, 11:39 AM

Well at this moment isn't Wake Forest actually the premier team in NC for football....

The Cats
August 13th, 2008, 11:41 AM
what a shining example of a catamount fan you are!!!

Thanks for the complement; it’s exceedingly hard to get one from a mountaineer fan!!!! xthumbsupx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xnodx xnodx xnodx

AshevilleApp2
August 13th, 2008, 11:42 AM
Well at this moment isn't Wake Forest actually the premier team in NC for football....

They have the best FBS team. I guess it's all how you quantify premier.

Appaholic
August 13th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Michael Felder?.....FELDER?......apparantly he played for Carolina......or as his bio states, "not so much played as practiced".......funny.....been a Heel fan all my life and never heard of the guy.....kind of sad actually....to be a "never-was" in a football program that never was.......you know what was delusional?......"Judgement Day" in 1997 when Carolina was #3 (ha-ha-ha) thinking they could actually stay on the field with Florida State.......here's another delusion Michael......Carolina thinking they even HAVE a respectable football program when they haven't had a meaningful out-of-conference FBS win since the 1979 Gator Bowl....against Michigan.....

The Cats
August 13th, 2008, 11:46 AM
This should be in smack.

Not..... it's opinion, not smack talk.

I think a great deal of FCS fans agree with the opinion based in the article about mountaineer fans being a delusional fanbase.

Appaholic
August 13th, 2008, 11:48 AM

I think a great deal of FCS fans agree with the opinion based in the article about mountaineer fans being a delusional fanbase.

I agree....if The Cats had written this himself, it would be Smack.....since he went to Western, we know that is not possible.....xwhistlex

xsmiley_wix

SideLine Shooter
August 13th, 2008, 11:49 AM

How is 3 in a row being DILUSIONAL?

I am really curious as to how you come to that conclusion.

APPALACHIANstate
August 13th, 2008, 11:49 AM

Color me delusional then....

Why should I care? I think we will do well against LSU, and I think we have a chance at a 4th national championship. xthumbsupx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

catbob
August 13th, 2008, 11:52 AM
As much as I am sick of ASU press and what not, you'd have to be delusional to think ASU doesn't have a shot at a 4th straight title. Maybe not as great as other years, but certainly a better than average shot.

SideLine Shooter
August 13th, 2008, 11:55 AM
Color me delusional then....

Why should I care? I think we will do well against LSU, and I think we have a chance at a 4th national championship. xthumbsupx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Dan, I agree with you. You really have to accept that this crap is coming from a fan that claims to be a fan of a team that held us to under 80 points last year. First of all, how can he say that about App fans. This person really needs to look at himself and his team before he comes out with a statement like this.xnodx xnodx xnodx

SideLine Shooter
August 13th, 2008, 12:00 PM
I may be DILUSIONAL!

But it sure is a LOT OF FUN!!!!!!!xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

ASU88
August 13th, 2008, 12:24 PM

They quit playing us years ago because we beat them so much in the 80s and 90s. Knocked them out of a bowl game one year!

Right now they would be harder for App St to handle than Carolina, though. They have more speed, better offense. A darn fine football team.

yorkcountyUNHfan
August 13th, 2008, 12:31 PM
ND fans are delusional because they act as if ND is still as dominant as it was years and years ago. If the App program falls on hard times for over a decade (like ND has) AND the App fans are still strutting around like they're the team that everyone sould measure themselves by....then yes, at that point, we can start calling them "delusional".

Bearvision
August 13th, 2008, 12:43 PM
A new poster! Welcome!

Read the board for years, Missouri St. is the Bear of choice in my user name.

Thanks for the welcome...

ASUMountaineer
August 13th, 2008, 12:44 PM
This is a funny article. While he's bashing AE, he's conveniently leaving out that Tebow and White have 22 more scholarship players around them to make them better, and 10 times the funding.

I am not arguing App fans aren't crass or rude, but delusional is hilarious. Of course they should be proud of their team, and of course they should think they're the best. We only got one shot at a BCS team last year and we took advantage, how is that a statement that App is actually not that good--that is twisted logic.

I agree with yorkcountyUNHfan, ND is delusional because their fans expected them to be in the top 10 and Holtz predicted they'd win the title, and they won what...3 games? Who is delusional? If we get waxed by LSU and don't make the playoffs and people are still on here (and out there) talking about how ASU is the best in NC, FCS, world...then they are delusional. Until we stop winning, how can you argue?

phillyAPP
As much as I am sick of ASU press and what not, you'd have to be delusional to think ASU doesn't have a shot at a 4th straight title. Maybe not as great as other years, but certainly a better than average shot.

Hey CatBob, I am totally delusional in thinking APP will be better this year than any of the three previous years and....... dont even ask me about next year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is sick how the rich get richer !!! lol

My delusion may come true also.......... How crazy is that coming from a Philly boy that knows disappointment.

ASUMountaineer
Read the board for years, Missouri St. is the Bear of choice in my user name.

Thanks for the welcome...

What made you decide this was the time to make the first post? Dying to dis ASU?

xsmiley_wix

griz8791
August 13th, 2008, 12:45 PM
I would have sworn WE were the most delusional fan base in college football.

Bearvision
August 13th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Well, we'll never know that seeing as how Carolina turned down a chance to prove it on the field this year.......AFTER we lost KR, Rauch, Brown and Lynch and AFTER Davis hauled in another top-20 class of recruits. We may not be better, but we aren't scared to try.......

And based upon any measure you want to use, we have been a better program than carolina for 10 years, regardless of what the Heels do on the field this year....

Apples to oranges my friend (DIA is just a different world than DIAA, so your on the field comparison doesn't hold much water. Should Mt. Union fans be the cockiest fans in the world?)

Being a fan of a University perceived to be little brother to a larger state University (Missouri St. compared to Mizzou), I understand that N. Carolina has absolutely nothing to gain by playing you, and everything to lose. For a long time I felt bitterness to Mizzou by not playing MSU in basketball, but it eventually sinks in there is nothing to be gained. I can only imagine the difference is even greater when taking into account the football teams are on different levels...

ASUMountaineer
August 13th, 2008, 12:47 PM
I would have sworn WE were the most delusional fan base in college football.

Shall we have a battle? xnodx

Appaholic
August 13th, 2008, 12:50 PM
Apples to oranges my friend (DIA is just a different world than DIAA, so your on the field comparison doesn't hold much water. Should Mt. Union fans be the cockiest fans in the world?)

Being a fan of a University perceived to be little brother to a larger state University (Missouri St. compared to Mizzou), I understand that N. Carolina has absolutely nothing to gain by playing you, and everything to lose. For a long time I felt bitterness to Mizzou by not playing MSU in basketball, but it eventually sinks in there is nothing to be gained. I can only imagine the difference is even greater when taking into account the football teams are on different levels...

Don't disagree....just find it comical a graduate of the Carolina "program" would take an opportunity to bash App fans given the state of Carolina football the past ten years and that App fans calim to be the best program in NC........wasn't it Mack Brown who used to make a big deal about winning the "state" football championship against NC State, Wake, and Duke? xlolx

Bearvision
August 13th, 2008, 12:51 PM
What made you decide this was the time to make the first post? Dying to dis ASU?

xsmiley_wix

Certainly apologize if it was felt as a slap...App St. has my utmost respect. Coming from the Gateway (now the Valley), I have a full appreciation of what they've accomplished, regardless of what level.

Watching them beat Michigan was the most fun I've had watching a game since Miami took apart Nebraska in 2002...(I'm a Cane fan at heart, MSU is my alma mater).

ronpayne
August 13th, 2008, 12:53 PM

Understandable! One thing I think contributes to the "deluisional appearance" is our bandwagon fans... but then again, I remember a time when the stands weren't full for games, even when it was nice. I remember boring game days where the crowd could have cared less...

I agree with one point of the UNC guy - we don't play Michigan every game, and even Coach Moore brought that point up repeatedly last season. But what is done is done, and we won. Having said that - I think that is our advantage... we will be playing LSU early. If we played them in October, I would fear for what might happen. It will be a hard game, and we are (sometimes, especially the bandwagon fans) crazy, but we'll work hard and keep it close. I just pray no injuries that prevent an otherwise great season. We'll see what happens.

But until UNC has the nerve to schedule us, I don't care how "close" or "fine" Butch is doing with the program. If he can't even beat us, which they can't do until they schedule us, good luck on winning a "real" championship (that toilet bowl thingy they play!) with their weaker FCS opponents.

And by the way - if you are the FCS team to play UNC this year, I hope you paste them by 20 or more points... :-)

xtwocentsx xtwocentsx xtwocentsx xtwocentsx xtwocentsx xtwocentsx xtwocentsx xtwocentsx

813Jag
August 13th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Certainly apologize if it was felt as a slap...App St. has my utmost respect. Coming from the Gateway (now the Valley), I have a full appreciation of what they've accomplished, regardless of what level.

Watching them beat Michigan was the most fun I've had watching a game since Miami took apart Nebraska in 2002...(I'm a Cane fan at heart, MSU is my alma mater).
BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xlolx xlolx I hope Marve plays this season.

CID1990
August 13th, 2008, 01:15 PM
This whole thread is moot. Stop posting.

Everyone knows that USC Gamecock fans are the most delusional in college football.

asucraig33
August 13th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Haha, I can't take this seriously whatsoever. I mean honestly, the man's writing articles titled "Here Comes Carolina". Talk about delusional... xrotatehx

appst97
August 13th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Michael Felder?.....FELDER?......apparantly he played for Carolina......or as his bio states, "not so much played as practiced".......funny.....been a Heel fan all my life and never heard of the guy.....kind of sad actually....to be a "never-was" in a football program that never was.......you know what was delusional?......"Judgement Day" in 1997 when Carolina was #3 (ha-ha-ha) thinking they could actually stay on the field with Florida State.......here's another delusion Michael......Carolina thinking they even HAVE a respectable football program when they haven't had a meaningful out-of-conference FBS win since the 1979 Gator Bowl....against Michigan.....

Felder....the Sean Salisbury of college football

Hood
August 13th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I've been lurking around here a while now, only recently posting, and I feel the need to speak up.

If the Appy fans posting here are a representation of the majority of fans for their school, then they have nothing on what I see in my home state.

Between the LSU fans all over the great and beautiful state of Louisiana that have never been to college, or the UL-Lafayette fans that think they are BCS quality, I have seen/read enough to make my head spin.

I want to point out I am in no way referring to people that actually went to the school, go to the school, or have family at the school.

You're talking about a fan base (LSU) of people that could not even find Baton Rouge on a map. I encountered people that could not even spell "LSU." And they make references like "we lost Ryan Perriloux oh no!" "WE!!"

I'm sorry Bob I did not realize you had a degree in bare footing from LSU.

Heck, one time I made a reference to "that A&M school in Baton Rouge" and this 'fan' went off on me "Don't you be calling LSU a bunch of AGGIES!"

I will say LSU has many many intelligent fans. They make great football debaters. My best friend is hardcore LSU and we have a running friendly rivalry every Saturday. He roots for LSU and I root for...the other guy.

And another gripe about these deluded fans, they run their mouth about LSU forgetting there is a Division I school in their backyard, Nicholls State. And I get this frequently "Oh Nicholls __________" (insert insult). Then when I correct them on various matters, they say "Oh well, LSU is our state school!" So then I list out the other state schools in the great state of Louisiana. I point out (painfully) the success and tradition of your McNeese State. I highlight the awesomeness that is the Bayou Classic. I point out how great Grambling has historically been. I mention Tulane's 1998 season of greatness (ok they're a private institution but work with me here). I mention UL-Monroe as a former juggernaut in FCS (ok maybe a bit of a reach). Perhaps you all encounter that with fans of YOUR 'state school' ?

And on the subject of delusional, as I mentioned, UL-Lafayette, USL, and whatever else they want to be called, is pretty up there. I have no dog in any fight associated with them. But you can't overlook the 2007 banter between them and McNeese and walk away shaking your head. The procedures on their message board are shocking. Their ban poles are way too overused. On principle as a conference rival, I shouldn't side with McNeese but I never pulled for a conference foe the way I did when the Cowboys played the Cajuns.

You're talking about a fan base that perceives itself as bigger than LSU. Ok, I have my obvious apparent issues with LSU. But to think you can compete with them is just silly.

oy vey

I'm going enjoy the rain before I rant anymore.

SideLine Shooter
August 13th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Hey CatBob, I am totally delusional in thinking APP will be better this year than any of the three previous years and....... dont even ask me about next year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It is sick how the rich get richer !!! lol

My delusion may come true also.......... How crazy is that coming from a Philly boy that knows disappointment.

You are on the money. This may be an off year for App St. (some don't think so) but I get really delusional thinking about NEXT YEAR. WOW!!!!!xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx xthumbsupx

Bearvision
August 13th, 2008, 02:21 PM
BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! xlolx xlolx I hope Marve plays this season.

Marve will start, and excel.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
August 13th, 2008, 02:24 PM
In my limited experience, LSU fans are atrocious when it comes to supporting their team. Yeah, the love them, but they make sure to let you know your team is nothing compared to their mighty tigers. Just horribly cocky, undeservingly so.

It'll be interesting to hear about ASU's experience down there. Baton-Rouge is not the midwest of Michigan.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
August 13th, 2008, 02:28 PM
BTW - fun article to read. Almost makes me want to root for App St. all over again. Then I quickly asked my co-worker to hit the &^*%$ out of me for such thinking!xsmiley_wix

SideLine Shooter
August 13th, 2008, 02:38 PM
In my limited experience, LSU fans are atrocious when it comes to supporting their team. Yeah, the love them, but they make sure to let you know your team is nothing compared to their mighty tigers. Just horribly cocky, undeservingly so.

It'll be interesting to hear about ASU's experience down there. Baton-Rouge is not the midwest of Michigan.

ASU played LSU in '05. For me as a fan and photographer it was a great experience.

McNeese72
August 13th, 2008, 02:41 PM
And on the subject of delusional, as I mentioned, UL-Lafayette, USL, and whatever else they want to be called, is pretty up there. I have no dog in any fight associated with them. But you can't overlook the 2007 banter between them and McNeese and walk away shaking your head. The procedures on their message board are shocking. Their ban poles are way too overused. On principle as a conference rival, I shouldn't side with McNeese but I never pulled for a conference foe the way I did when the Cowboys played the Cajuns.

Bingo!!! Questioned settled, case closed. No other fanbase is even close to the UL-whatever-the-hell Ragin Cajuns. Might as well shut this message string down.

Doc

813Jag
August 13th, 2008, 03:06 PM
Marve will start, and excel.
he's a great kid and should be a good QB, drove us crazy while he was playing here in Tampa.

phillyAPP
August 13th, 2008, 03:08 PM
BTW - fun article to read. Almost makes me want to root for App St. all over again. Then I quickly asked my co-worker to hit the &^*%$ out of me for such thinking!xsmiley_wix

Why not cheer for APP ?

I cheer for JMU, every day but Sept 20,2008. APP and JMU have more in common than most schools and the fan base is very similar.

GO DUKES !!!!!!!!!!

GO APPS !!!!!!!!!!!

see its OK !

Appaholic
August 13th, 2008, 03:08 PM
Bingo!!! Questioned settled, case closed. No other fanbase is even close to the UL-whatever-the-hell Ragin Cajuns. Might as well shut this message string down.

Doc

I don't know....wait until you get to Chapel Hill......in some twisted logic, the fact that Michael Jordan and Dean Smith and Charles Kuralt and Alexander Julian all went to Carolina means that their fans think they are this close to a NC.....

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 13th, 2008, 03:14 PM
AE is better than Teblow

813Jag
August 13th, 2008, 03:16 PM
I didn't want to go there and hijack this thread but this title belongs to the Gator fans. The ones who came along after the back to back Basketball titles and the football title. The ones who think Tebow = God. Especially those that live in Tampa, you'd think they'd take the short ride to Gainesville once and awhile. Some of the ones that have been around for a while are bad too, who starts fights with other fans at the Outback Bowl? xconfusedx UCF fans are pretty bad too.

ericsaid
August 13th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Too bad Armanti is listed at 184 and not 178, which would put him around the 185ish weight of Pat White.

ericsaid
August 13th, 2008, 03:27 PM
If I see a DT of LSU of Guard run a 4.3 I will strip and run across the field at Tiger Stadium infront of 92,000 people. For him to say the front lines are just as fast a App's skill players is blasphemy. This guy obviously doesn't know enough about App's footbal team to be making half the claims he is.

AppGrad06
August 13th, 2008, 03:31 PM
xsmhx i dont know if that me want to cry, throw my computer out the window, or kick that guys ass but i sure aint happy right now

Cheer up. At least he said we are an aircraft carrier, for what that's worth.

ASUMountaineer
August 13th, 2008, 03:42 PM

Me too, of course I was on the front row at the Big House. I went to grad school in Lansing, and had friends who played football for MSU, so it was even better it was against Michigan.

Bearvision
August 13th, 2008, 03:44 PM
he's a great kid and should be a good QB, drove us crazy while he was playing here in Tampa.

Thanks for sharing...Jacory Harris has been good as well, and will play also.

As for the topic at hand, it has long been my experience that most fan base's have a little bit of cockiness when times are good, and think other fan base's are being a little too cocky/delusional, during dark times.

ULL has a crazy delusional fan base, but they are not really relevant in the college landscape. No one knows except for those who have the misfortune to have to listen to them. I think it is still ND, and the reason is that they are not relevant in the national landscape of CFB, yet they think they are relevant, and enough people are still buying into that thought, that they have games on network television every week!

That, and I'm still bitter about the rivalry between Miami and ND being dubbed the "Catholics versus Convicts" despite the fact Miami actually had more players claiming Catholicism as their religion during that timeframe (Miami used to recruit the New Jersey area very hard).

Bearvision
August 13th, 2008, 03:44 PM
Me too, of course I was on the front row at the Big House. I went to grad school in Lansing, and had friends who played football for MSU, so it was even better it was against Michigan.

What an amazing day that must have been for you...

ASUMountaineer
August 13th, 2008, 03:46 PM
What an amazing day that must have been for you...

I would say best ever, but my wife would not like that. So I will say it was one of the best ever.

Bearvision
August 13th, 2008, 03:46 PM
I didn't want to go there and hijack this thread but this title belongs to the Gator fans. The ones who came along after the back to back Basketball titles and the football title. The ones who think Tebow = God. Especially those that live in Tampa, you'd think they'd take the short ride to Gainesville once and awhile. Some of the ones that have been around for a while are bad too, who starts fights with other fans at the Outback Bowl? xconfusedx UCF fans are pretty bad too.

Thanks for taking it easy on us Canes fans, who are some of the biggest band wagoners ever...

Bearvision
August 13th, 2008, 03:47 PM
I would say best ever, but my wife would not like that. So I will say it was one of the best ever.

xthumbsupx

ASUG8
August 13th, 2008, 03:50 PM

Yeah, maybe in that "other" division :D

I went to both schools, but I spend my Saturdays focused on the happenings with the guys from Boone.xthumbsupx

APPALACHIANstate
August 13th, 2008, 03:52 PM
I think North Carolina has a recruiting advantage of Wake Forest, when it comes to football. That is what I mean by premier.

ericsaid
August 13th, 2008, 03:58 PM
Why not cheer for APP ?

I cheer for JMU, every day but Sept 20,2008. APP and JMU have more in common than most schools and the fan base is very similar.

GO DUKES !!!!!!!!!!

GO APPS !!!!!!!!!!!

see its OK !

It's not okay. That's ridiculous to say these two things in the same post. Maybe after September 20th, not before or during.xoopsx xnonox I'm saddened at the sight of this post.

813Jag
August 13th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Thanks for taking it easy on us Canes fans, who are some of the biggest band wagoners ever...
That's only because you don't see many around here. xlolx

Appaholic
August 13th, 2008, 04:14 PM
It's not okay. That's ridiculous to say these two things in the same post. Maybe after September 20th, not before or during.xoopsx xnonox I'm saddened at the sight of this post.

You mean to tell me you are pulling for Duke over JMU? xeyebrowx I'm especially saddened at that thought.....

KiddBrewer
August 13th, 2008, 06:45 PM
were going to beat LSU by 47 1/2 points, steal their mascot, bring it back to boone and make it Yosef's pet, win 14 more national championships in a row, at which point we'll move up and dominate the BCS until they kick us out of college football all together.

delusional? me?xrolleyesx xnodx xoopsx

JohnStOnge
August 13th, 2008, 07:10 PM
If he wants to look for "delusional" fans he'd do better looking at fans of schools that transitioned from I-AA/FCS to I-A/FBS.

I do think a lot of App fans have kind of gotten carried away, but it's not as bad as...say... Troy fans.

ASU88
August 13th, 2008, 07:37 PM
were going to beat LSU by 47 1/2 points, steal their mascot, bring it back to boone and make it Yosef's pet, win 14 more national championships in a row, at which point we'll move up and dominate the BCS until they kick us out of college football all together.

Wow, you are delusional.
You can't score a half a point!
We're gonna win by 48 ya dope!
xwhistlex

IndianaAppMan
August 13th, 2008, 07:42 PM

Wow, you are delusional.
You can't score a half a point!
We're gonna win by 48 ya dope!
xwhistlex

well, he did call himself delusionalF! xlolx