PDA

View Full Version : Pic of new Griz turf.

Ronbo
August 13th, 2008, 10:13 AM
Thanks to BarnBall who goes down to the stadium and takes the pics.

http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/albums/userpics/11689/P1010008-1.JPG

appfan2008
August 13th, 2008, 10:15 AM
wow that is very pretty... both the turf and the expansion

danefan
August 13th, 2008, 10:15 AM
You mean Pac10Jim doesn't own these pictures?xrotatehx

His lawyers would beg to differ with you.xnodx

Great pics by the way. I hope that we can get out there in the near future for another game. Maybe a playoff game.

wapiti
August 13th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Just one picture????? xwhistlex

ASU88
August 13th, 2008, 10:22 AM
Very nice. And they'll be filliing it up, too!

Ronbo
August 13th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Just one picture????? xwhistlex

Taken a couple days ago by BarnBall.

http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/albums/userpics/11689/P1010002-1.JPG

http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/albums/userpics/11689/P1010018.JPG

http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/albums/userpics/11689/P1010007~0.JPG

http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/albums/userpics/11689/P1010010-1.JPG

http://www.egriz.com/GrizPics2/albums/userpics/11689/P1010011.JPG

mainejeff
August 13th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Makes me want to take another trip up there to see a game! xnodx

I love that place.

Ronbo
August 13th, 2008, 10:31 AM
New deck, new turf is all good and I'm excited. But I'm really excited about the new $500,000 sound system. I'd swear the old system was blown the last couple seasons (when they cranked it there was distortion) plus this is a tremendous upgrade in sound technology I'm being told.

elcid96
August 13th, 2008, 10:39 AM
Where is that little chipmunk you put in the middle of the field? Stadium looks great. Good luck this year.

Ronbo
August 13th, 2008, 10:49 AM
The work is only about half done. They need to add numbers, hash marks, sidelines, Logos, and MONTANA and GRIZZLIES in the end zones. Then they'll dump the sand and rubber fill in the grass.

cats2506
August 13th, 2008, 10:52 AM
The work is only about half done. They need to add numbers, hash marks, sidelines, Logos, and MONTANA and GRIZZLIES in the end zones. Then they'll dump the sand and rubber fill in the grass.
I thought that SprinTurf just uses rubber infill, no sand.

Ronbo
August 13th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I thought that SprinTurf just uses rubber infill, no sand.

They are using rubber coated sand called FlexSand.

http://www.sprinturf.com/rubbasand.php

FLEXSAND™ Rubber Coated Sand is a revolutionary new technology for synthetic turf systems. Through this technology, high purity industrial sand is coated with a proprietary flexible and durable coating to provide improved properties of the traditional infill medias.

FLEXSAND™ has been specifically designed and created to provide optimal benefits, making it the best infill product available for synthetic turf systems. FLEXSAND™ is the safest technology to enter the synthetic turf industry in years and is the most environmentally safe product offered.

cats2506
August 13th, 2008, 11:06 AM
They are using rubber coated sand called FlexSand.

http://www.sprinturf.com/rubbasand.php

FLEXSAND™ Rubber Coated Sand is a revolutionary new technology for synthetic turf systems. Through this technology, high purity industrial sand is coated with a proprietary flexible and durable coating to provide improved properties of the traditional infill medias.

FLEXSAND™ has been specifically designed and created to provide optimal benefits, making it the best infill product available for synthetic turf systems. FLEXSAND™ is the safest technology to enter the synthetic turf industry in years and is the most environmentally safe product offered.

Ok, so they have a new product now,

Fieldturf used a layering of sand and rubber on the Cat field.

th0m
August 13th, 2008, 11:38 AM

You guys staying with the Grizzly at midfield? I always thought that was a nice midfield graphic, not too flashy, just appropriate.

ursus arctos horribilis
August 13th, 2008, 11:43 AM
Ok, so they have a new product now,

Fieldturf used a layering of sand and rubber on the Cat field.

Yeah and coating each grain of sand with rubber is tough. You have to use really little paintbrushes and there are probably a thousand grains of sand to do.

Grizaholic17
August 13th, 2008, 12:45 PM
The Turf looks great. And I agree with Ronbo, I'm more excited for the SOund system than anything. Man oh Man. I can't wait!!! AH

cats2506
August 13th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Yeah and coating each grain of sand with rubber is tough. You have to use really little paintbrushes and there are probably a thousand grains of sand to do.

You sound like you have some inner knowledge of this process, did they set up a plant over there in mazoola to put to work a bunch of um grads, must pay better than McD's

I know, smack is ---------->

but football season is getting close!

CSUBUCDAD
August 13th, 2008, 12:50 PM
I think the first FCS game I ever watched on TV was played there. Semi final game I think.

Grizaholic17
August 13th, 2008, 01:30 PM
I think the first FCS game I ever watched on TV was played there. Semi final game I think.

YAY!!! what year do you know?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 13th, 2008, 01:33 PM
You sound like you have some inner knowledge of this process, did they set up a plant over there in mazoola to put to work a bunch of um grads, must pay better than McD's

I know, smack is ---------->

but football season is getting close!

WTF? We should have been paid? Now that I think about it...it probably would have been better than my bargained for exchange of a handful of rubber sand.

Appaholic
August 13th, 2008, 01:35 PM
You guys staying with the Grizzly at midfield? I always thought that was a nice midfield graphic, not too flashy, just appropriate.

That's a grizzly logo? thought it was stain left from a terrier "accident"....

:p

ursus arctos horribilis
August 13th, 2008, 01:40 PM
That's a grizzly logo? thought it was stain left from a terrier "accident"....

:p

No man that's been there for a while...I think it showed up about the time that App came to town and took a ***** trying to imitate a football squad.

Appaholic
August 13th, 2008, 01:43 PM
No man that's been there for a while...I think it showed up about the time that App came to town and took a ***** trying to imitate a football squad.

That same game when even God himself had to throw snow into the mix to insure a grizzly victory in OT against lowly App?

Grizaholic17
August 13th, 2008, 02:01 PM
That same game when even God himself had to throw snow into the mix to insure a grizzly victory in OT against lowly App?

football is a game to be played with the elements. live with it.

Appaholic
August 13th, 2008, 02:03 PM
football is a game to be played with the elements. live with it.

It's also a game to be played outside of Wa/Griz.....wasn't sure if a'll were aware of that.....xsmiley_wix

turfdoc
August 13th, 2008, 02:15 PM
The flex sand was brought about because of the problems with the rubber sand mixes (rubber comes up to the surface leaving the sand below) that created uneven playing surfaces. The sand is there to weigh down the rubber.

It also is in response to the numerous field closings due to heavy metal (Mercury, lead, etc....) contamination of the infill systems. They are hoping the higher quality rubber will not trap the air-born metals as easily (only a problem in urban settings). I am sure there will be a problem with this stuff eventually too.

Also if I am not mistaken the rubber is a pink color and doesn;t show on TV as much but more importantly the field will only get up to the low 130s on a sunny day instead of the typical 150s usually present on these infill fields.

Grizaholic17
August 13th, 2008, 02:16 PM
It's also a game to be played outside of Wa/Griz.....wasn't sure if a'll were aware of that.....xsmiley_wix

LMAO. But the conditions are perfect for football!!! :p

ursus arctos horribilis
August 13th, 2008, 02:24 PM

Yep, that was the one. On a sidenote...God's not as fun to tailgate with as you would think.

nevadagriz
August 13th, 2008, 02:24 PM
When I was back home in july we went to see the new addition and let my son run on the field at WA GRIZ, I was suprised at how many rubber pellets I found in my shoes later. Was this a sign of wear from the old turf or do players have to deal with these little pellets all the time????????

Grizzaholic
August 13th, 2008, 02:25 PM

There is a rumor that he lives above the M on Mount Sentinel.

Grizaholic17
August 13th, 2008, 02:31 PM
When I was back home in july we went to see the new addition and let my son run on the field at WA GRIZ, I was suprised at how many rubber pellets I found in my shoes later. Was this a sign of wear from the old turf or do players have to deal with these little pellets all the time????????

Players have to deal with the pellets all the time. WHen the turf was first installed, I was a junior or senior and played on the field...I had those rubbers in my mouth guard and pads.

Ronbo
August 13th, 2008, 02:39 PM

I believe the reason the field is being replaced is because of that rubber not staying down. That was a major complaint, the grass actually wore well, it was said there was a problem with backing wearing too.

appstate38
August 13th, 2008, 03:10 PM
Nice, but where is the track??? In real football stadiums there is a track around the field!:D

ericsaid
August 13th, 2008, 03:14 PM
When are they going to add an uppder deck all the way around?

ALPHAGRIZ1
August 13th, 2008, 03:17 PM
New deck, new turf is all good and I'm excited. But I'm really excited about the new $500,000 sound system. I'd swear the old system was blown the last couple seasons (when they cranked it there was distortion) plus this is a tremendous upgrade in sound technology I'm being told.

500K but I won't hold my breath until I hear it.

Loud isn't quality.

And when you get a company from Kansas that went out of business to do the work.............................................. .....................................

I will save my response for later.

ASUG8
August 13th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Nice, but where is the track??? In real football stadiums there is a track around the field!:D

Beat me to it......

Seriously, great pics - I'd love to see that stadium sometime, but the road to Chatty seems to run through the Blue Ridge mountains these days, not the Rockies. ;)

AZGrizFan
August 13th, 2008, 04:21 PM
Beat me to it......

Seriously, great pics - I'd love to see that stadium sometime, but the road to Chatty seems to run through the Blue Ridge mountains these days, not the Rockies. ;)

Lately the road through the Rockies is a dead end. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

griz&beer
August 13th, 2008, 05:20 PM
Beat me to it......

-, but the road to Chatty seems to run through the Blue Ridge mountains these days, not the Rockies. ;)

You guys are lucky that our kicker missed that 49 yarder. You had it easy and got all those home games. Don't worry the Griz will find there way back to Chattanooga.;) You guys just try to keep it close in Louisiana or pull off The Game part 2...xthumbsupx

ursus arctos horribilis
August 13th, 2008, 05:25 PM
Lately the road through the Rockies is a dead end. xcoolx xcoolx xcoolx

Hmm, the style seems familiar..................................^....^.. ..^

Appaholic
August 14th, 2008, 01:33 PM
You guys are lucky that our kicker missed that 49 yarder. You had it easy and got all those home games. Don't worry the Griz will find there way back to Chattanooga.;) You guys just try to keep it close in Louisiana or pull off The Game part 2...xthumbsupx

A griz fan commenting about App's number of home games? You gotta be fokking kidding me?

LacesOut
August 14th, 2008, 01:35 PM
Love the maroon endzones.

Grizaholic17
August 14th, 2008, 01:36 PM
A griz fan commenting about App's number of home games? You gotta be fokking kidding me?

xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx xrolleyesx

$$$$$$$

The endzones look great by the way on the stadium. GO GRIZ

jus10asu
August 14th, 2008, 02:05 PM
Looks nice, I like it.

elcid96
August 14th, 2008, 02:10 PM

I am sure the 10 track fans at each school will be happy with folding chairs. There is no need to put that in the stadium.

griz&beer
August 14th, 2008, 08:08 PM

I was looking forward to App vs Montana. But it didn't happen. I don't think App would have won the NC if they would have had to go on the Road. I know there was no way in hell the griz could ether. just my 2 cents. xeyebrowx

uofmman1122
August 14th, 2008, 08:18 PM
I was looking forward to App vs Montana. But it didn't happen. I don't think App would have won the NC if they would have had to go on the Road. I know there was no way in hell the griz could ether. just my 2 cents. xeyebrowxI disagree. I think App could have won on the road just fine...

Just not at WGS! xrulesxxlolxxlolx

GOKATS
August 14th, 2008, 08:39 PM
I disagree. I think App could have won on the road just fine...

Just not at WGS! xrulesxxlolxxlolx

After the Wofford game I'd guess that the last thing on their minds was worrying about wa/griz.xnodx :)

uofmman1122
August 14th, 2008, 09:00 PM
After the Wofford game I'd guess that the last thing on their minds was worrying about wa/griz.xnodx :)Good thing the Cats only had to worry about eating Turkey that weekend. xcoffeexxwhistlex

griz&beer
August 14th, 2008, 09:09 PM
EWU gave them all they ever wanted.

thmst30
August 15th, 2008, 12:33 AM
Looks awesome. I love the closed corners you guys have, maybe someday App will go that route as well.

GGASU
August 15th, 2008, 01:41 AM
EWU gave them all they ever wanted.

EWU game was never in doubt....final score did not indicate how one sided the game really was.

EWU scored two late touchdowns to make the score tight. (last td with under 30 seconds left.)

Appaholic
August 15th, 2008, 10:41 AM
EWU gave them all they had and still was no match for App.

accuracy