PDA

View Full Version : will all app state at kbs tickets sell out?

elkinftball2002
August 13th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Right now i only have enough money for two game going with Elon and Wofford.But will App State continue to sell grass tickets or do they stop at a certain number? Also I will be going to fan feast saturday do any of the stores in the area sell the wofford and lsu shirts?

biggie
August 13th, 2008, 09:32 AM
They will sell out. Not sure what the number is that they will cap the tickets at. Last year it was mostly around 27,000 or so (after the cramped 28,800 crowd).

Haven't seen the wofford shirt at all. Only LSU shirts I've seen are online or the bookstore.

Killtoppers90
August 13th, 2008, 09:41 AM
What is the crowd like for the Presbyterian games? Since I will be visiting with my son (potential ASU freshman next fall), should I go ahead and get tickets now?

appst97
August 13th, 2008, 09:43 AM
What is the crowd like for the Presbyterian games? Since I will be visiting with my son (potential ASU freshman next fall), should I go ahead and get tickets now?

Yes!!

AshevilleApp2
August 13th, 2008, 09:44 AM

YES

Tickets are getting scarce for all the games.

Killtoppers90
August 13th, 2008, 09:44 AM
are there grass seats or is the section in the grass actual just standing room only?

appst97
August 13th, 2008, 09:52 AM
are there grass seats or is the section in the grass actual just standing room only?

It is a grass bank, bring a blanket or just have seat

The Moody1
August 13th, 2008, 09:52 AM

Standing room only. You should go ahead and get tickets today.

elkinftball2002
August 13th, 2008, 10:02 AM
I went ahead and ordered my wofford and elon tickets i figured those will be the 2 best games to see.

appfan2008
August 13th, 2008, 10:14 AM

I expect within the next few days they will stop selling tickets... it happened last year and will definately happen this year as well

Touchdown Yosef
August 13th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I went ahead and ordered my wofford and elon tickets i figured those will be the 2 best games to see.

good choice but I would have gone with Furman, that is always one of the best games of the year. Elon will be interesting though with their passing game and our new secondary.

Touchdown Yosef
August 13th, 2008, 10:19 AM

I would book a hotel as well if you are planning on staying the night, they can be scarce as well on game days. I would go with the Hampton, La Quinta, Broyhill, or Sleep Inn although just about every hotel with a name you have heard of is nice. Your other option if you want to make a weekend out of it is to rent a cabin, and that is my favorite way to go. Blue Ridge Rentals is a great site and most cabins are pretty affordable and can be very close to Boone.

appfan2008
August 13th, 2008, 10:24 AM
I would book a hotel as well if you are planning on staying the night, they can be scarce as well on game days. I would go with the Hampton, La Quinta, Broyhill, or Sleep Inn although just about every hotel with a name you have heard of is nice. Your other option if you want to make a weekend out of it is to rent a cabin, and that is my favorite way to go. Blue Ridge Rentals is a great site and most cabins are pretty affordable and can be very close to Boone.

I would do a hotel now... the wife and I looked into hotels about a week ago and there were only a couple rooms left in the crappy places (red carpet, scottish, etc.) and at high prices... i believe broyhill for instance has been sold out for a while for all home games

citdog
August 13th, 2008, 10:29 AM
LET APPY STATE TEACHERS COLLEGE FOR VAGINAS, HIPPIES, AND OTHER THINGS YOU FIND UNDER A ROCK, LOSE A COUPLE AND THE BANDWAGON WILL BE EMPTY......TICKETS WILL BE EASY TO FIND AFTER 4 OCTOBER.

FUPaladin2010
August 13th, 2008, 10:31 AM
Question for you experienced with App tickets...

Do they reserve tickets for the visiting school for each game? I am going to the App/FU game, so I am wondering if Furman gets an allotment of tickets for the game.

Thanks!

Killtoppers90
August 13th, 2008, 10:36 AM
I would do a hotel now... the wife and I looked into hotels about a week ago and there were only a couple rooms left in the crappy places (red carpet, scottish, etc.) and at high prices... i believe broyhill for instance has been sold out for a while for all home games
We booked a place a few weeks back. I went ahead and got 3 grass tickets - wanted to sit in the stands but I will deal with that. Looking forward to meeting several of you before the game.

elkinftball2002
August 13th, 2008, 10:36 AM
well i went ahead and got furman tickets as well

IndianaAppMan
August 13th, 2008, 10:37 AM

Do they reserve tickets for the visiting school for each game? I am going to the App/FU game, so I am wondering if Furman gets an allotment of tickets for the game.

Thanks!

Yes.

You'll need to contact the Furman athletic office for details because that's how you'd get those reserved tickets.

IndianaAppMan
August 13th, 2008, 10:41 AM

Stayed in the Best Western a few weeks ago. It wasn't 4-star or anything but certainly gave a safe, comfortable night's rest.

I have a feeling that those who don't have friends still in Boone to stay with or reservation will have to stay in Banner Elk, Blowing Rock, or even Wilkesboro, Lenoir, or Johnson City if they're coming from the west or Midwest.

appfan2008
August 13th, 2008, 11:04 AM

Thanks!

not many but a few... is it 300 or 500? i cant remember

ASU88
August 13th, 2008, 11:14 AM
LET APPY STATE TEACHERS COLLEGE FOR VAGINAS, HIPPIES, AND OTHER THINGS YOU FIND UNDER A ROCK, LOSE A COUPLE AND THE BANDWAGON WILL BE EMPTY......TICKETS WILL BE EASY TO FIND AFTER 4 OCTOBER.

We lost a couple last year but were going strong at season's end.

Hey ... you coming to see us in Chatty again this year? xlolx

elkinftball2002
August 13th, 2008, 11:30 AM
I hate the ticket office.Ordered tickets 30 minutes ago said that there was only grass seats left now its saying their are seats in section 6a.

appfan2008
August 13th, 2008, 12:25 PM
I hate the ticket office.Ordered tickets 30 minutes ago said that there was only grass seats left now its saying their are seats in section 6a.

somebody must have let some go... happens...

AppStsGr8
August 13th, 2008, 02:13 PM

Yes!! And if you need for your son to meet some current ASU students, PM me closer to the game for tailgate directions.

Killtoppers90
August 13th, 2008, 05:41 PM
Yes!! And if you need for your son to meet some current ASU students, PM me closer to the game for tailgate directions.

Thanks. He does know one or two students from his H.S. that are current students and he works with another over the summer.

rjg129
August 13th, 2008, 06:55 PM
We booked a place a few weeks back. I went ahead and got 3 grass tickets - wanted to sit in the stands but I will deal with that. Looking forward to meeting several of you before the game.

The grass can be more entertaining than the games...I have had season tix the past two years and i still choose to sit in the grass...

p.s. Bring a camping chair and get there early so you can sit at the top

appfan2008
August 14th, 2008, 08:14 AM
The grass can be more entertaining than the games...I have had season tix the past two years and i still choose to sit in the grass...

p.s. Bring a camping chair and get there early so you can sit at the top

If you have a seat please sit in it!!!

if you dont, it does 2 things... makes our stadium have holes and we dont let as many people in bc the hill fills up faster...

just stupid