10:55 2Q

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2005, 07:11 PM
TxSt 21-0 NW St
7:07 2Q

TxSt02
October 22nd, 2005, 07:44 PM
TxSt is good! :D

but the score is now 21-10... We need to score!!!

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2005, 08:12 PM
28-10 TxSt on top over NW State with 7:06 left 3Q

SELA 16-7 over McN at the half...

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2005, 08:33 PM
28-10 TxSt on top over NW State with 3:39 left 3Q

SELA 16-7 over McN at 9:30 left 3Q...

TxSt02
October 22nd, 2005, 08:35 PM
Texas State number 1

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2005, 08:42 PM
Texas State number 1

And then next year? When you lose your QB and WRs? Can we expect a drop to the pack? I think our schools have swapped places this year and will do so next year once more, though we probably won't be as dominant...

Lehigh Lover
October 22nd, 2005, 08:43 PM
McNeese now down 23-7. I think this loss could seal their playoff fate.

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2005, 08:50 PM
McNeese now down 23-7. I think this loss could seal their playoff fate.

Sure makes me optimistic about the Kats winning in Lake Charles next week if they bring the same intensity they had against SFA...

The Cowboys have 399 wins. Wouldn't want #400 to come against the Kats...

TxSt02
October 22nd, 2005, 09:29 PM
And then next year? When you lose your QB and WRs? Can we expect a drop to the pack? I think our schools have swapped places this year and will do so next year once more, though we probably won't be as dominant...

we dont borrow qbs for a year... we know how to recruit and we have a great qb in bradley george for next year. we have great receivers in the wait... we also have a guy by the name of morris crosby that is the **** and will be the reggie bush of I-AA next year... But the best thing about our team is that our players dont use dope and roids... We dont lose the players that are suppose to help us...

Ill be looking down on your from the top... As I said last year about your next several years, "your football team is Long gone."

TexasTerror
October 22nd, 2005, 09:54 PM
we dont borrow qbs for a year... we know how to recruit and we have a great qb in bradley george for next year. we have great receivers in the wait... we also have a guy by the name of morris crosby that is the **** and will be the reggie bush of I-AA next year... But the best thing about our team is that our players dont use dope and roids... We dont lose the players that are suppose to help us...

Yeah yeah...we thought the same thing about our team with WRs in the wait and a QB or a few who could step up. Noah Allen or Philip Daughtery, we'd have just about the same result, though I think we should've won against NW State...

Ill be looking down on your from the top... As I said last year about your next several years, "your football team is Long gone."

No, we just plan to PHIL up the SLC the next few years with some great passing games...

TXST_CAT
October 22nd, 2005, 10:14 PM
The real difference is our success is coming from excellent recruiting and superior coaching. Bailiff is doing a great job with our players. Most importantly, is improving our team on and off the field. As long as we hold on to Bailiff we will be a team to beat in the SLC and Div I-AA. From the sound of things the only way we lose Bailiff is if our AD tries to pull a fast one on him. He loves his Alma Mater and WANTS to be here. Things are looking good in Bobcat Country................Go Cats!!!!#1 in SLC.

GeauxLions94
October 22nd, 2005, 10:44 PM
Final - Southeastern 37, McNeese 13. Cowboys shut down on the ground finishing with 17 yards on 28 carries.

No revenge and no No. 400 for Pokes this week.

Lionsrking
October 23rd, 2005, 02:16 AM
Final - Southeastern 37, McNeese 13. Cowboys shut down on the ground finishing with 17 yards on 28 carries.

No revenge and no No. 400 for Pokes this week.

It was a pummeling :deadhorse of the first order tonight at Strawberry Stadium. We were bigger, stronger, faster and more physical than the Cowboys and owned both lines of scrimmage. Trey Willie played great and the offensive finally clicked on most cylinders. Still making some mistakes but who's perfect, right? Rumors of a McNeese resurgence were greatly exaggerated. They will struggle the rest of the year IMO. Then again, we might too but it was sure fun to watch tonight!!!!!! :D :D

GeauxLions94
October 23rd, 2005, 03:08 AM
The real difference is our success is coming from excellent recruiting and superior coaching. Bailiff is doing a great job with our players. Most importantly, is improving our team on and off the field. As long as we hold on to Bailiff we will be a team to beat in the SLC and Div I-AA. From the sound of things the only way we lose Bailiff is if our AD tries to pull a fast one on him. He loves his Alma Mater and WANTS to be here. Things are looking good in Bobcat Country................Go Cats!!!!#1 in SLC.

We thought the same thing about our men's basketball coach (Billy Kennedy) before he left for an assistant's job at Miami (Fla.). Of course, the Alumni couldn't fault him for leaving as he nearly doubled his salary and makes him a more attractive candidate should a Major DI job opens up (LSU perhaps ;) ) If some school (particularly from the Big 12) comes a calling and brings lots of $$$ with them, Bailiff would HAVE to be tempted to take a looksie. You've had pretty good success there in the past with Wacker and DennyFran.

We're in the same situation in building a program here with Dennis Roland, compared to Bailiff, in terms of better recruiting (actually a wait-and-see since he was hired in mid-January) and superior coaching. Players are being held more accountable on-and-off the field.

Good win tonight against the Demons. Best advice is to enjoy the ride while it lasts (however long that may be). :nod:

TexasTerror
October 23rd, 2005, 06:15 AM
I agree. I think Bailiff, especially if he gets the Cats to the promised land this year and probably one more year is really going to be able to get into Div I. He's got a knack for recruiting Texas, respected by his peers (see his job at TCU) and turned around a morbid program in San Marcos.

Unless Cats have dreams of I-A, I do not see him staying more than another three or four years if the success continues. That is questionable though, as you can never tell. Too early to look ahead...

Cat79
October 23rd, 2005, 02:16 PM
TT

The majority of our receivers return next year. KR Carpenter did not play a down against Northwestern State. We now have a true freshman starting and made a key catch to keep things going against Northwestern. This team has backups that are capable of starting now.

TxSt02
October 23rd, 2005, 03:16 PM
TT

The majority of our receivers return next year. KR Carpenter did not play a down against Northwestern State. We now have a true freshman starting and made a key catch to keep things going against Northwestern. This team has backups that are capable of starting now.

Morris Crosby is the ****! Can wait until Bailiff really figures out how to use him. He will be the Reggie Bush of I-AA

McNeese75
October 23rd, 2005, 11:07 PM
It was a pummeling :deadhorse of the first order tonight at Strawberry Stadium. We were bigger, stronger, faster and more physical than the Cowboys and owned both lines of scrimmage. Trey Willie played great and the offensive finally clicked on most cylinders. Still making some mistakes but who's perfect, right? Rumors of a McNeese resurgence were greatly exaggerated. They will struggle the rest of the year IMO. Then again, we might too but it was sure fun to watch tonight!!!!!! :D :D

I watched your team play Tulane close and then I watched the debacle last night. I will take nothing away from your team as it was clear who was the better team last night. But, speaking of a resugence, it seem the Lions have fallen a tad short themselves losing the conference games they have already. We have been happy with our season up until last night and based you your prior games I am sure we are in for some really tough games the next four weeks. Enjoy the win, you certainly deserved it but this young Cowboy team will be back next year and I expect the resurgence might not be quite so exaggerated as you assume it is this year! :)

Lionsrking
October 24th, 2005, 03:55 AM
I watched your team play Tulane close and then I watched the debacle last night. I will take nothing away from your team as it was clear who was the better team last night. But, speaking of a resugence, it seem the Lions have fallen a tad short themselves losing the conference games they have already. We have been happy with our season up until last night and based you your prior games I am sure we are in for some really tough games the next four weeks. Enjoy the win, you certainly deserved it but this young Cowboy team will be back next year and I expect the resurgence might not be quite so exaggerated as you assume it is this year! :)

First of all, you need not take me too seriously after I had one too many pops. I have a lot of good friends at McNeese and we were trading some friendly barbs during and after the game. Needless to say I still had my game face on and was a tad fired up!!!

No doubt we've had our butts handed to us on occasion and I'm sure we'll have more struggles ahead. We are learning the tough lessons of the Southland Conference and we'll earn whatever record we wind up with at season's end.

As for McNeese, I'm quite sure they'll be better next year and I'm even more sure that all of Pokeville can't wait to get us at the Hole in 2006.

McNeese75
October 24th, 2005, 10:17 AM
First of all, you need not take me too seriously after I had one too many pops. I have a lot of good friends at McNeese and we were trading some friendly barbs during and after the game. Needless to say I still had my game face on and was a tad fired up!!!

No doubt we've had our butts handed to us on occasion and I'm sure we'll have more struggles ahead. We are learning the tough lessons of the Southland Conference and we'll earn whatever record we wind up with at season's end.

As for McNeese, I'm quite sure they'll be better next year and I'm even more sure that all of Pokeville can't wait to get us at the Hole in 2006.

We are square King ;) I saw your your join date and post numbers and just assumed you were going to be another one of these young flamers that jump on and jump off this board. I apologize for jumping to that conclusion and hope you keep posting here as we can always use more SLC input. :)