PDA

View Full Version : FCS on MNF

appmaj
August 12th, 2008, 07:56 AM
I dont know who caught it all but Appalachian State/Corey Lynch got some love on the Bengals/Packers last night. It is always good to hear any FCS teams mentioned (especially App State for me). They did screw it all up saying we lost our quaterback.

But I was wondering if any other FCS teams are getting some sttention as their fomrer players play in the preseason.

appstate38
August 12th, 2008, 09:10 AM
I saw a little of the game. Just enough to see Jason Hunter get a tackle in the back field. Man he has gotten large since leaving App.

asknoquarter21
August 12th, 2008, 09:21 AM
It was mentioned in the LSU game thread....

I tried to refrain from making all our other teams fans mad by making another Appalachian thread....but since it is already here.

Jaws is an idiot...people are too focused on the "big" football...i'm sure glad someone doesn't just PICK who gets to play in the championship game

Thumper250
August 12th, 2008, 11:05 AM
The two players who combined on the last play fumble for the Bengals are both FCS products: Corey Lynch (App) and Jim Maxwell (Gardner-Webb).

I didn't see him, but I know the Simpson guy from Coastal is a Bengal too.

Brian Johnston (Gardner-Webb/Chiefs) got some second quarter action the other night against the Bears and has done really well in training camp. Working with the second team defense, which isn't bad for a rookie. Chiefs are young though.

Ivytalk
August 12th, 2008, 11:09 AM
Harvard's Ryan Fitzpatrick also saw some action for the Bengals, leading them to a FG in a 2-minute drill before halftime.xthumbsupx

appfan2008
August 12th, 2008, 11:09 AM
great to see the attention and corey and jason doing well

DTSpider
August 12th, 2008, 11:16 AM
Tim Hightower is getting a lot of press. They spent about a half talking about him the other night on ESPN and even lead their interview with Edgerrin James with a question about Hightower.

downbythebeach
August 12th, 2008, 11:18 AM
It was mentioned in the LSU game thread....

I tried to refrain from making all our other teams fans mad by making another Appalachian thread....but since it is already here.

Jaws is an idiot...people are too focused on the "big" football...i'm sure glad someone doesn't just PICK who gets to play in the championship game

Yes this would be an example, but we don't blame you.xbowx

ashram
August 12th, 2008, 11:19 AM
Ingle Martin had a lot of attention during the Tennessee game. One of the announcers mentioned Furman and then talked for a few minutes about how much he loved the name of the University. Ingle had a pretty solid 4th quarter.

biggie
August 12th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Jerome Simpson did have a few catches that I saw (didn't watch much).

Also happen to see him get an offensive pass interference call on pushing a CB down to protect the interception, would have been good except he didn't see the S coming over who did intercept it.

JMU2K_DukeDawg
August 12th, 2008, 11:34 AM
Marcus Mason 2ys removed from YSU got a lot of handoffs and performed well (98 yrds.) in the HOF game a week and a half ago. Especially meaningful since Canton is so close to Youngstown, and playing for the Redskins, he is a local product from the DC metro area.

Nevertheless, with Portis, Betts and Cartwright, 4th on the list is good enough for practice squad, like last year, barring an injury. Maybe trade bait at some point, but doubtful. But with an injury or two (please no!) then he would likely see some action in the regular season. May still make the team on special teams, we'll see...

KiddBrewer
August 12th, 2008, 12:23 PM
theres a few threads about this in the FCS and Pro's section

Go...gate
August 12th, 2008, 05:37 PM
Harvard's Ryan Fitzpatrick also saw some action for the Bengals, leading them to a FG in a 2-minute drill before halftime.xthumbsupx

I thought he played well. Hope he makes the squad.