PDA

View Full Version : The lowdown on GSU!

Laserlips
August 11th, 2008, 02:03 PM
JMOfartO:

Okay guys and gals, here's the scoop on what to expect from our GSU Eagle football team this season..

1. Offense:

The 2008 GSU Eagle offense will resemble the 2007 offense with the exceptions Jayson Foster will be gone, and basically the whole offensive line will be replaced with new, younger, less experienced players, and we don't know who the quarterback will be.. The big name running backs are gone, but we have some new, um,forget their names, players who will hopefully step up and help us out. Basically an unknown quantity here.

2. Defense:

Actually the defense looks pretty good as not too many folks were lost to graduation from the 2007 team. But truthfully, basically an unknown quantity here.

3, Special teams:

Um.. Well, here again Jayson Foster will be missing (hopefully he's still wearing a MIA Dolphins uniform), but the rest of the guys will, well, we just don't know. Basically an unknown quantity here.

Synopsis:

The GSU Eagle football team for the 2008 season will resemble a great deal the team that went 8-3 last season with the exception the Payton award winning Jayson Foster will be absent. The offensive line, which was pretty good is gone. The defensive side looks pretty stout, (knock on wood) and that scares me.. Let's knock on wood again..

Coach Chris Hatcher is really in his "first rebuilding" year as our new Head football coach, and most of us figure we're 2-3 years away from seeing his "Hatch Attack" really clicking, so this season is really an unknown quantity (did I mention that earlier?).

So, our opponents know about as much about the 2008 GSU football program as we do, in that nobody knows much of anything...

Other than that, as GSU Eagle fans we plan for a great season!!xthumbsupx

Go Eagles!

Best Wishes,

Jesse

P.S. At least the renovation of the visiting teams clubhouse is complete.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a73/Laserlips/100_9456_01-1.jpg

DLS
August 11th, 2008, 02:24 PM
dear god that is alot of "unkown quantity". whatever that means.

drpnut
August 11th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Laserlips,

You use the phrase "lost to graduation." I hope you don't really believe a lot of your guys actually received a degree. Maybe the proper language is "used up their eligibility."

PEace out

blueballs
August 11th, 2008, 02:47 PM
Laserlips,

You use the phrase "lost to graduation." I hope you don't really believe a lot of your guys actually received a degree. Maybe the proper language is "used up their eligibility."

PEace out

No, the actual term is graduated. The have been years where GSU's entire SR class graduated, not simply exhausted their eligibility. With all the kerfuffle over APR, you'd best believe the players are hitting the books, even if they are Dr Seuss.:D (beat you to it Citdog)

BTW, GSU went 7-4 last year, not 8-3.

And yes, there are that many question marks.

In many ways this season reminds me of 2002, where we knew GSU had a lot of talent and speed, but had a lot of new faces. That team lost two of its first three (to Delaware and Wofford) before wining its next 10 in a row, losing to WKU in the semis when a last second kick went wide in one of the best games I've ever witnessed.

Can history repeat itself? We'll know in about three months...

Eaglesrus
August 11th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Laserlips,

PEace out

drpnut,

Why don't you be man (or person, anyway) enough to let us know what team you support? Maybe that would give us a reason to care about what you think "the proper language" might be? Not likely, but who knows?

OL FU
August 11th, 2008, 03:01 PM
JMOfartO:

Okay guys and gals, here's the scoop on what to expect from our GSU Eagle football team this season..

1. Offense:

The 2008 GSU Eagle offense will resemble the 2007 offense with the exceptions Jayson Foster will be gone, and basically the whole offensive line will be replaced with new, younger, less experienced players, and we don't know who the quarterback will be.. The big name running backs are gone, but we have some new, um,forget their names, players who will hopefully step up and help us out. Basically an unknown quantity here.

2. Defense:

Actually the defense looks pretty good as not too many folks were lost to graduation from the 2007 team. But truthfully, basically an unknown quantity here.

3, Special teams:

Um.. Well, here again Jayson Foster will be missing (hopefully he's still wearing a MIA Dolphins uniform), but the rest of the guys will, well, we just don't know. Basically an unknown quantity here.

Synopsis:

The GSU Eagle football team for the 2008 season will resemble a great deal the team that went 8-3 last season with the exception the Payton award winning Jayson Foster will be absent. The offensive line, which was pretty good is gone. The defensive side looks pretty stout, (knock on wood) and that scares me.. Let's knock on wood again..

Coach Chris Hatcher is really in his "first rebuilding" year as our new Head football coach, and most of us figure we're 2-3 years away from seeing his "Hatch Attack" really clicking, so this season is really an unknown quantity (did I mention that earlier?).

So, our opponents know about as much about the 2008 GSU football program as we do, in that nobody knows much of anything...

Go Eagles!

Best Wishes,

Jesse

Damn and I thought that was one of the new visitors bathrooms at Kidd Brewerxlolx

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 11th, 2008, 03:08 PM
The one place where we are definitly looking good is the secondary. If Carson Hill, EJ Webb, and Chris Covington stay healthy all season they will all be first team all conference, maybe even all-American.

SideLine Shooter
August 11th, 2008, 03:21 PM
Damn and I thought that was one of the new visitors bathrooms at Kidd Brewerxlolx

That's wishful thinking. As of right now Kidd Brewer has NO Restrooms.

blackcaesar3k5
August 11th, 2008, 03:22 PM
Has Georgia Southern Eagles embrace the Hatch offense??

furman94
August 11th, 2008, 03:31 PM
Has you been to engrish class in a wrile?

blueballs
August 11th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Has Georgia Southern Eagles embrace the Hatch offense??

One look at the roster (and the video coverage of their camp thus far) will tell you the answer is yes, absolutely. The talent is there but they are some kind of young and inexperienced. IMO the question isn't "if" but "when" and what their record will be "when" or even if "when " happens this year or next.

GSU's camp roster has 57 RSfr or True FR... combine that with 8 new starters on offense and you see why we are all saying there are a lot of ????'s. With that having been said you'd better get 'em this year because by 2010 they have the potential to be awfully good.

Reign of Terrier
August 11th, 2008, 04:16 PM
All these ??? are the reason why you can't have GSU to win the conference like a select few have done.

Cap'n Cat
August 11th, 2008, 04:18 PM
Has you been to engrish class in a wrile?

LMFatAO!!!!!!!

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

Laserlips
August 11th, 2008, 04:47 PM
[QUOTE=blueballs

BTW, GSU went 7-4 last year, not 8-3.
[/QUOTE]

bb:

Not in my record book.. I was right there watching that chip shot field goal against the furrballs with time running out and it was good... xthumbsupx

Jesse

Laserlips
August 11th, 2008, 04:49 PM
dear god that is alot of "unkown quantity". whatever that means.

DLS:

Crap, beats me.. "Unkown" xconfusedx doesn't compute for me either.

Jesse

furman94
August 11th, 2008, 05:03 PM
bb:

Not in my record book.. I was right there watching that chip shot field goal against the furrballs with time running out and it was good... xthumbsupx

Jesse

There must have been two different games playing that night, because I was sure that your kicker missed a CLEAR SHOT through the uprights! xsmiley_wix

Laserlips
August 11th, 2008, 05:21 PM
There must have been two different games playing that night, because I was sure that your kicker missed a CLEAR SHOT through the uprights! xsmiley_wix

fur94:

Well, you might be right, but I really WANTED it to be good. :D

Best Wishes,

Jesse

P.S. And I'm not changing the score in MY record book....

drpnut
August 11th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Laserlips,

I'm a Wofford guy and I was just harassing you a bit. Glad you can take a little kidding.

I'm glad the "human jack-rabbit" will not be back to haunt us and I hope he sticks with Miami.

I am a little nervous since this year's game is in S'boro.

Peace my brother.

Eaglesrus
August 11th, 2008, 05:52 PM
Laserlips,

I'm a Wofford guy and I was just harassing you a bit. Glad you can take a little kidding.

I'm glad the "human jack-rabbit" will not be back to haunt us and I hope he sticks with Miami.

Peace my brother.

Oh, a Wofford guy; so we should care what you think! xnodx Though there's only one Jayson Foster, we are hopeful that we have a new "human jack-rabbit" and that the coaches just have to find the best way to fit him (Leander Barney) into the offense, which doesn't appear to be at quarterback, though that's what he played in high school.

elon77
August 11th, 2008, 08:35 PM
JMOfartO:

1. Offense:

2. Defense:

3, Special teams:

Synopsis:

Go Eagles!

Best Wishes,

Jesse

i thought it was citdogs house.xnodx

Kill'em
August 11th, 2008, 09:59 PM

Point for you!

Laserlips
August 12th, 2008, 11:25 AM
Laserlips,
Peace my brother.

drp:

No more nervous than I.. :)

Best Wishes,

Jesse

citdog
August 12th, 2008, 11:33 AM

TRY THIS ONE...

GO TO googleearth.com AND TYPE IN "TRADD STREET" THAT IS APPAHOLICS HOUSE PICTURED ABOVE.

citdog
August 12th, 2008, 11:34 AM

TRY THIS ONE...

GO TO googleearth.com. AND TYPE IN "TRADD STREET" THAT IS APPAHOLICS HOUSE PICTURED ABOVE.