PDA

View Full Version : Colgate/Holy Cross

lugo02
October 22nd, 2005, 02:34 PM
Interesting game.
Colgate up 17-14 inthe 4th

colgate13
October 22nd, 2005, 03:41 PM
Colgate wins 27-14. (shameless plug, my blog pick was 28-17 Colgate!)

The Raiders sounded dominate in every category but couldn't put away the Saders until the very end. Holy Cross sounds to have come a long way since last year, but Colgate still has what it takes to win big games on the road.

Next week's Colgate/Lehigh contest looms even larger now!

umassfan
October 22nd, 2005, 03:45 PM

The Raiders sounded dominate in every category but couldn't put away the Saders until the very end. Holy Cross sounds to have come a long way since last year, but Colgate still has what it takes to win big games on the road.

Good game Colgate.... keep winning!

TheValleyRaider
October 22nd, 2005, 09:04 PM
The Raiders were dominant in every catagory, except the scoreboard right up to the end. Scott ran like a man possessed (over 200 yards!), and Silva was well-contained. The offense did have scoring drives of 80 and 90 yards, and seemed to move the ball fairly effectively for good portions of the game. It was a well-played game, and HC looked much better than the version that Colgate ran over last year. I don't think they're done beating people this year. Great game Cross, and good luck the rest of the way! :)

On to Lehigh! Go Raiders! :nod:

ngineer
October 22nd, 2005, 10:39 PM
The Raiders were dominant in every catagory, except the scoreboard right up to the end. Scott ran like a man possessed (over 200 yards!), and Silva was well-contained. The offense did have scoring drives of 80 and 90 yards, and seemed to move the ball fairly effectively for good portions of the game. It was a well-played game, and HC looked much better than the version that Colgate ran over last year. I don't think they're done beating people this year. Great game Cross, and good luck the rest of the way! :)

On to Lehigh! Go Raiders! :nod:

Not if you want to see the game on Saturday! :p

blukeys
October 22nd, 2005, 10:58 PM

Congrats Gate. In my view HC was a very stubborn and difficult team. It looks as if the Gate is past their early season problems and Biddle has gotten them on track.

The Pl is looking more and more llike the A-10 with a whole host of unlikely scenarios needed to determine the auto-bid. Good luck figuring it all out as the closer teams get the more controversy it creates. !!! :D :D

colgate13
October 23rd, 2005, 06:44 AM
It looks as if the Gate is past their early season problems and Biddle has gotten them on track.

Finding a running back, not turning the ball over and holding opposing offenses to less than 100 yards rushing (and controlling the ball by 10+ minutes more) will do that! :nod:

This team starts out the year this way and we'd be 7-0... oh well, I'll still take where we are now after how bad I felt after CCSU!

ChickenMan
October 23rd, 2005, 06:51 AM
This team starts out the year this way and we'd be 7-0... oh well, I'll still take where we are now after how bad I felt after CCSU!

and you probably didn't feel too sporty after Dartmouth either... :p

But seriously it looks like Colgate has improved a lot and that's what you want from a young team.

Hopefully UD is 'finally' starting to show some signs of improvement as well.

colgate13
October 23rd, 2005, 07:05 AM
and you probably didn't feel too sporty after Dartmouth either... :p

Don't go ruining my Sunday morning CM! :( :p