PDA

View Full Version : TSN RB Rankings

smallcollegefbfan
August 11th, 2008, 12:35 PM
http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=cfoot2/misc/around_the_fcs.htm

WrenFGun
August 11th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Good read.

Kackert's probably too high for what he's done, though he's had some real game breakers. UNH should have a potentially devastating 1-2-3 punch of Bobby Simpson, Kackert and Sean Jellison, who lit the spring game up. Kenny Howard and QB RJ Toman may also amass some yards, as Toman is pretty shifty himself and Howard is well-regarded.

asknoquarter21
August 11th, 2008, 12:55 PM
I agree with that for the most part....some of those RBs won't get much hype just because of their teams, but looks pretty good.

smallcollegefbfan
August 11th, 2008, 02:09 PM
It looks good overall. Anyone disagree with Jennings or have someone who they think was snubbed?

McNeese75
August 11th, 2008, 02:16 PM
xcoolx And this is supposed to be the FCS Guru now?

8. McNeese State

Stop one Cowboy rushing threat and chances are that another will pop up to hurt you. Kris Bush is the top tailback (651 yards, 11 TDs), but QB Derrick Fourroux (550 yards, seven TDs) can run and receivers Steven Whitehead and Carlise Franklin often hurt defenses on those reverses that McNeese State has used so effectively through the years.

xrolleyesx Both Bush and Franklin completed there eligibility in 2007. xcoffeex

danefan
August 11th, 2008, 02:19 PM
xcoolx And this is supposed to be the FCS Guru now?

8. McNeese State

Stop one Cowboy rushing threat and chances are that another will pop up to hurt you. Kris Bush is the top tailback (651 yards, 11 TDs), but QB Derrick Fourroux (550 yards, seven TDs) can run and receivers Steven Whitehead and Carlise Franklin often hurt defenses on those reverses that McNeese State has used so effectively through the years.

xrolleyesx Both Bush and Franklin completed there eligibility in 2007. xcoffeex

Ouch. Did they have eligibility left and have foregone the use of it? If so, then that's a reasonable error.

FargoBison
August 11th, 2008, 02:21 PM
It looks good overall. Anyone disagree with Jennings or have someone who they think was snubbed?

No way Ill State is a top 10 backfield, they are not even top 3 in their own conference. I'd take WIU, NDSU, and UNI over the Redbirds.

smallcollegefbfan
August 11th, 2008, 02:21 PM
Ouch. Did they have eligibility left and have foregone the use of it? If so, then that's a reasonable error.

I thought Bush was back too. Franklin was a part I questioned but assumed that he got an extra year after reading that.

smallcollegefbfan
August 11th, 2008, 02:26 PM
No way Ill State is a top 10 backfield, they are not even top 3 in their own conference. I'd take WIU, NDSU, and UNI over the Redbirds.

Would have said the same thing but the addition of Walter Mendenhall gives some legitimacy there.

Sly Fox
August 11th, 2008, 02:38 PM
Are you sure Mr. C didn't get a ghost writer for this story? I didn't know Coulson knew any school south of the Mason-Dixon line other than Appy existed.

At Liberty we certainly believe Rashad is the best in the nation. Its great to see someone on the outside agree with us even if it is Coulson.

McNeese75
August 11th, 2008, 02:40 PM
I thought Bush was back too. Franklin was a part I questioned but assumed that he got an extra year after reading that.

Bush played 4 years. Franklin played 4 out of 5.

McNeese75
August 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM

Bush played 4 years. Franklin played 4 out of 5 (got his 4th year back in 2007.

There was no snub for McNeese. The brunt of the running attack this year will be handled by two Jrs (Toddrick Pendland and Elrick Jones) who are somewhat undersized but very fast. There are a couple of props that could be gangbusters in 2009 but time will tell on those.

FargoBison
August 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Would have said the same thing but the addition of Walter Mendenhall gives some legitimacy there.

Some, but when you rank the backs for those three schools in the top 6 and also rank two of their fullbacks in the top 12 you aren't making a lot of sense in my book. Mendenhall should at least have to prove himself before saying just adding him vaults Ill State over three very good backfields that have very good past performances to back them up.

McNeese75
August 11th, 2008, 02:47 PM

No.

smallcollegefbfan
August 11th, 2008, 02:48 PM
Ask Coulson about that. Must have been a typo? At first I took it he just mentioned that they were tough last year but it does look like he is meaning they are returning. Wonder if he wrote their names but was thinking of someone else?

blueballs
August 11th, 2008, 02:52 PM
Nice job outlining the headline backs in the division by Mr. C, both from an individual and team standpoint. Time well spent reading it. Kudos for an informative and interesting read!

grizband
August 11th, 2008, 02:56 PM
One of the better articles I have read by Coulson. If this is the quality I can expect this year, it will be an improvement!

smallcollegefbfan
August 11th, 2008, 03:03 PM
Some, but when you rank the backs for those three schools in the top 6 and also rank two of their fullbacks in the top 12 you aren't making a lot of sense in my book. Mendenhall should at least have to prove himself before saying just adding him vaults Ill State over three very good backfields that have very good past performances to back them up.

I can see what you are saying. Makes sense. Only time will tell. Regardless, it makes for good discussion.

skinny_uncle
August 11th, 2008, 03:15 PM
Valley defenses should get tested with three of the top six runners listed.

SuperJon
August 11th, 2008, 03:48 PM
Are you sure Mr. C didn't get a ghost writer for this story? I didn't know Coulson knew any school south of the Mason-Dixon line other than Appy existed.

Are you kidding me? You whine and complain about him being an App homer and then when he does something different you give him crap for that too? He gave our guys a huge compliment. Thank him for it instead of belittling him for it.

Lionsrking
August 11th, 2008, 04:40 PM
I thought Jay Lucas should have been higher on the list, but some pub is better than none I guess.

JoeNeck90
August 11th, 2008, 04:47 PM

That kind of caught my eye, too. If the team ranking is based on depth, I would have to say that UNI has it. Don't know what you guys have after Roehl but Donaldson's back up is solid. They mentioned Cortes Rice at ISU, however he has quit the team. As for Mendenhall, who knows. Zook probably only gave him the ball 5 or 6 times last year.

MaximumBobcat
August 11th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I'm happy to see the Texas State offense get some respect.

Now we just gotta work on that D... ;)

Sly Fox
August 11th, 2008, 07:56 PM
Are you kidding me? You whine and complain about him being an App homer and then when he does something different you give him crap for that too? He gave our guys a huge compliment. Thank him for it instead of belittling him for it.

You'll have to forgive me. Its been so long since he wasn't ripping a Big South player or team that when he actually pays a compliment it catches us off guard.

:D

Gracias, Mr. C.

dbackjon
August 11th, 2008, 08:02 PM
I think Alex Henderson will prove to be a top 5 back...

I-AA Fan
August 11th, 2008, 08:50 PM
I like how he added the "New Starters" section just so App State would not be left out xlolx xlolx

da_Bison
August 12th, 2008, 12:17 AM
That kind of caught my eye, too. If the team ranking is based on depth, I would have to say that UNI has it. Don't know what you guys have after Roehl but Donaldson's back up is solid. They mentioned Cortes Rice at ISU, however he has quit the team. As for Mendenhall, who knows. Zook probably only gave him the ball 5 or 6 times last year.

Just remember the name Pat Paschall, he is every bit as good as Tyler Roehl.

http://www.gobison.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=11845&SPID=695&DB_OEM_ID=2400&ATCLID=1301643&Q_SEASON=2008

X-Factor
August 12th, 2008, 12:50 AM
Paschall is a different runner than Roehl. Chances are they will split carries this year, more so than last fall. Paschall has a better grasp of the offense now and is really turning it on in practice from the reports. As good as Roehl is, I could potentially see Paschall going for more yards at season end provided both are equally healthy. Both are a big part of our offense.

seantaylor
August 13th, 2008, 02:09 PM
Paschall is a different runner than Roehl. Chances are they will split carries this year, more so than last fall. Paschall has a better grasp of the offense now and is really turning it on in practice from the reports. As good as Roehl is, I could potentially see Paschall going for more yards at season end provided both are equally healthy. Both are a big part of our offense.

Paschall was kicked off GSU.

Skjellyfetti
August 13th, 2008, 02:13 PM
I like how he added the "New Starters" section just so App State would not be left out xlolx xlolx

There was a "New Starters" section on his QB rankings. xrolleyesx