PDA

View Full Version : G-W Scrimmage

Thumper250
August 9th, 2008, 12:03 PM
Hate I didn't get down there for the scrimmage. I think usually another one or two happen before the season, so hopefully I can catch it.

I heard the receivers name several times this summer as a guy to watch out for. He can apparently motor pretty good.

http://www.gwusports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=1552139&DB_OEM_ID=10300

ericsaid
August 9th, 2008, 12:28 PM
Any word about how Darius Thomas is doing? If he lives up to what he did in high school(throw for over 4,000 yards and 52 TD's and two 500 uyard passing games his senior year)He should bring in a new era of football for GWU.

Thumper250
August 9th, 2008, 12:48 PM
I had heard back in July that he wasn't going to qualify. I'd assume JUCO for him.

ericsaid
August 9th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I had heard back in July that he wasn't going to qualify. I'd assume JUCO for him.

He could've been a big time player at a BCS school, grades grades grades. They must've been BAD for a public BCS league school to not grant him admission.

TexasTerror
August 9th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Looks as if G-W had quite a few long hook-ups for scores. Is that bad defense or just a good offense?

Let us know! And again, all G-W fans are invited to KatFans! :)

Thumper250
August 10th, 2008, 02:01 PM
chatted with a friend who attended. He said the D actually looked good. Much faster than a year ago. Really likes the three linebackers and the corners. From what he says, the long plays were just good offensive plays. Both the starting corners are more athletic than years past, the free safety I think is a three-year starter and (this surprised) one of last year's linebacker starters is now starting at strong safety. Hard hitter.

my pal also told me that the quarterback (Doolittle) looks much better physically. May have grown some.

I'll have to come over and visit KatFans in September.