PDA

View Full Version : Most Represented Team on AGS

elcid96
August 7th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Who is the most represented team on AGS (Who has the most members, or you can vote by how many posts their members contribute)

ericsaid
August 7th, 2008, 05:51 PM
Is is that obvious?

asknoquarter21
August 7th, 2008, 05:52 PM
umm...did you need to ask???

elcid96
August 7th, 2008, 05:56 PM
I somehow believe that North Dakota State may have more members based on their voting the FCS Elimination Game. I wish AGS listed members by their school.

Grizalltheway
August 7th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Seriously, who voted for the citadel? Wait, do I really need to ask?

elcid96
August 7th, 2008, 06:01 PM

Azgriz voted for The Citadel.

Go...gate
August 7th, 2008, 06:07 PM
No Colgate or Lehigh? We don't have a lot of posters, but we all post frequently on all aspects of Colgate and Lehigh Football. LFN is also a major contributor to FCS publications and blogs.

Grizalltheway
August 7th, 2008, 06:10 PM
Azgriz voted for The Citadel.

He never existed. xrulesx Mention him again under penalty of death! :D

ericsaid
August 7th, 2008, 06:14 PM
Not everyone partakes in the FCS elimination game. I for one don't because in my opinion it's a waste of time and makes no sense.

elcid96
August 7th, 2008, 06:20 PM
Not everyone partakes in the FCS elimination game. I for one don't because in my opinion it's a waste of time and makes no sense.

Either way, it brought a lot of new members to the AGS community.

The Cats
August 7th, 2008, 06:28 PM
I somehow believe that North Dakota State may have more members based on their voting the FCS Elimination Game.

But that's the ONLY thread most of them post on.

CID1990
August 7th, 2008, 06:34 PM

I plan on setting a campaign of REP BOMBINGS for anyone who starts another elimination thread.

IndianaAppMan
August 7th, 2008, 06:36 PM
Something to chew on:

The fact that Furman and The Citadel are even on the list speaks strongly for the support its alumni have for their schools. El Cid has less than 2,000 students; Furman only 2500. Most of the public schools have 10,000 or more, and therefore more alumni. It's pretty amazing that Furman fills or nearly fills a 15,500-seat stadium. That's 6X the size of the student body! I'm sure the stats are similar at The Citadel. Even with App's high attendance, our attendance has yet to even double the size of the student body.

Another thing: Furman, a private school whose alumni tend to disperse across the country more than a state school like App, seems like a less likely candidate to have so many AGSers and proportionately good attendance, yet that's not the case.

In that regard, App fans, we have a long ways to go compared to what they do at Furman and The Citadel.

Likewise, AGS posters, be thankful that ASU's voice on AGS isn't proportional to its SoCon brethren.

elcid96
August 7th, 2008, 06:41 PM
I plan on setting a campaign of REP BOMBINGS for anyone who starts another elimination thread.

xhurrayx xoutofrepx

Texcat34
August 7th, 2008, 06:59 PM
Definitely Davidson....or maybe App, it's a toss up :)

IndianaAppMan
August 7th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Who is the most represented team on AGS (Who has the most members, or you can vote by how many posts their members contribute)

I have a feeling that if another team wins the title this year, especially if it's GSU, JMU, NDSU, or Montana, App will get leapfrogged this December. Heck, if another major FBS upset happens by another team, we might be reading a million and a half posts by those fans, too.

BisonRock
August 7th, 2008, 07:15 PM
I thought I would see UNI on the poll also. As I peruse the threads, I see Appalachian State, Montana, and UNI posters commenting on most of the topics. xbowx xbowx xbowx

I have also seen NDSU posters moving from the hated elimination game into more of the mainstream AGS topics. As a group, NDSU currently is not as visible as the traditional AGS posters. Moving forward, I expect to find more of the NDSU group becoming more active.

All in all, the AGS experience has been positive - xlolx Rep Bombs and all. xlolx

Purple For Life
August 7th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I was gonna say, no UNI love? Cap'n and me carry all of us Panthers on here! :D

elcid96
August 7th, 2008, 07:24 PM
I was gonna say, no UNI love? Cap'n and me carry all of us Panthers on here! :D

Only ten spots in the poll. It would be cool to see a poll with all of the shools listed or have AGS just tell us which school has the highest amount of members.

BarefootApp
August 7th, 2008, 07:39 PM
all this most and least stuff got me to thinking.....does anybody know or can give a reasonable estimate of how many there are of us that make up this chat/community on AGS? Just curious. Thanks.

hebmskebm
August 7th, 2008, 08:09 PM
I'm guessing all of the "Deleware" fans are sitting this one out in protest of the egregious misspelling of their name.

SunCoastBlueHen
August 7th, 2008, 08:21 PM

I don't know, but you can't spell Delaware and that is sacrilege in these parts.

SunCoastBlueHen
August 7th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I'm guessing all of the "Deleware" fans are sitting this one out in protest of the egregious misspelling of their name.

Sorry, missed your post. :o

Grizaholic17
August 7th, 2008, 08:23 PM

LMAO! I wonder....

bobbythekidd
August 7th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Deleware?

bobbythekidd
August 7th, 2008, 09:07 PM

I don't know, but you can't spell Delaware and that is sacrilege in these parts.

Sorry, missed your post. :o
Crap! I'm guilty as well. xoopsx

GannonFan
August 7th, 2008, 10:43 PM

I for one am not voting for that very reason. It is one of the 50 states so it shouldn't be that obscure. xreadx

KiddBrewer
August 7th, 2008, 10:47 PM
all this most and least stuff got me to thinking.....does anybody know or can give a reasonable estimate of how many there are of us that make up this chat/community on AGS? Just curious. Thanks.

people that actually chat, or total members (5,983)?

Grizalltheway
August 7th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I for one am not voting for that very reason. It is one of the 50 states so it shouldn't be that obscure. xreadx

Well it's probably smaller than the county I live in, so it's pretty easy to forget about. :p

elcid96
August 8th, 2008, 01:02 AM

Thats what happens when you put these together after drinking a 6 pack.

bluehenbillk
August 8th, 2008, 06:41 AM
GO DELEWARE !?!?

HiHiYikas
August 8th, 2008, 06:53 AM
So is that pronounced DEALware? I need to look this place up on a map, maybe visit sometime.

It would be good if folks just voted the school they represent...should give us an easy count.

Maybe set up a couple "where you from" polls?

appfan2008
August 8th, 2008, 07:45 AM
ASU #1

flexbone
August 8th, 2008, 10:18 AM
Glad to see the Purple Paladins - In the HOUSE - NOT!!!!!!!

asknoquarter21
August 8th, 2008, 10:22 AM
haha...guess they are just not interested

BlueHen86
August 8th, 2008, 10:31 AM
I don't get the question. The two items aren't the same?xconfusedx

This poll should be DELEted.xlolx

89Hen
August 8th, 2008, 11:04 AM
What about New Hampshure and/or Massachewsits?

andy7171
August 8th, 2008, 11:15 AM
Thanks to Travis, I think the real answer is any of the pro sports teams from Boston.

bkrownd
August 8th, 2008, 12:48 PM

Still sleeping, it ain't hockey season yet.

ericsaid
August 8th, 2008, 02:10 PM
Something to chew on:

The fact that Furman and The Citadel are even on the list speaks strongly for the support its alumni have for their schools. El Cid has less than 2,000 students; Furman only 2500. Most of the public schools have 10,000 or more, and therefore more alumni. It's pretty amazing that Furman fills or nearly fills a 15,500-seat stadium. That's 6X the size of the student body! I'm sure the stats are similar at The Citadel. Even with App's high attendance, our attendance has yet to even double the size of the student body.

Another thing: Furman, a private school whose alumni tend to disperse across the country more than a state school like App, seems like a less likely candidate to have so many AGSers and proportionately good attendance, yet that's not the case.

In that regard, App fans, we have a long ways to go compared to what they do at Furman and The Citadel.

Likewise, AGS posters, be thankful that ASU's voice on AGS isn't proportional to its SoCon brethren.

Actually with somewhere around 14,000 undergrads at App. 28k does in fact double that.xthumbsupx

appfan2008
August 8th, 2008, 03:18 PM

i think a socon fan set this up... aka they dont remember all the other great universities around the country

Grizaholic17
August 8th, 2008, 03:23 PM
i think a socon fan set this up... aka they dont remember all the other great universities around the country

xwhistlex xwhistlex xwhistlex

LMAO

and coming from an App fan? even more impressive :p

TexasTerror
August 8th, 2008, 03:27 PM
Montana and SHSU are the only two schools -- if I counted right, who have representation by two people in the top 10 posters (post-wise) on AGS... :)

X-Factor
August 8th, 2008, 03:41 PM
It's gotta be Appalachian...but I don't think we are far behind!

patssle
August 8th, 2008, 03:54 PM
If you

A) remove all the Michigan threads
B) remove all the Wa/Griz threads

clearly, SHSU is #1!

furman94
August 8th, 2008, 10:05 PM
Ha! App has got to have the most posters; if they even still count 0-2 post members