PDA

View Full Version : ASU Throwback Jerseys Released

Appinator
August 7th, 2008, 04:13 PM
To be worn against Jacksonville for our first home game.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1551162

Celebrates the first season with Coach Moore roaming the sidelines, designed by Nike.

Boone4280
August 7th, 2008, 04:15 PM
im liking this, i think it will be great to see the guys in the throw-backs, great tribute to coach moore.

--also the jerseys will be auctioned off the next week after jacksonville

furman94
August 7th, 2008, 04:22 PM
I like um, but I love the black on black that ya'll use! Throwbacks are always fun!

Skjellyfetti
August 7th, 2008, 04:32 PM
hawt, hawt, hawt

HiHiYikas
August 7th, 2008, 04:58 PM
I guess they didn't go with my idea...

Still, they look awesome.

appmaj
August 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM

Love the leather helmet

Skjellyfetti
August 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM

Leonard Love would look more pissed off if he had to wear that. xlolx

Grizaholic17
August 7th, 2008, 05:07 PM
well I was wrong on the Next App thread to be posted. never expected this :p :p

but truthfully, they look pretty good. xthumbsupx

HiHiYikas
August 7th, 2008, 05:08 PM
Leonard Love would look more pissed off if he had to wear that. xlolx
Yeah, there's only so far you ought to "throw back..."

I actually know an old Baptist preacher who played football at Baylor a few years before Coach Moore was on the team. Got drafted by the Giants, but passed on the low-paying NFL to go to seminary.

Leather helmets and split noses were just part of the game back then.

And honestly, I'd be afraid to suit up in one of the helmets my dad wore back in the early seventies. He got to keep his HS helmet because he broke it making a hit. I think it's made of of papier-mâché. Not much of a facemask, either, for a defensive end. I think he had 2 bars.

furman94
August 7th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I was in that.... he he

uofmman1122
August 7th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Looks awesome.

I wish our Griz would do a throwback game...It'd be nice to see the old brown jerseys. Maybe the Cats game this year, or 2010. xthumbsupx

Franks Tanks
August 7th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Yeah, there's only so far you ought to "throw back..."

I actually know an old Baptist preacher who played football at Baylor a few years before Coach Moore was on the team. Got drafted by the Giants, but passed on the low-paying NFL to go to seminary.

Leather helmets and split noses were just part of the game back then.

And honestly, I'd be afraid to suit up in one of the helmets my dad wore back in the early seventies. He got to keep his HS helmet because he broke it making a hit. I think it's made of of papier-mâché. Not much of a facemask, either, for a defensive end. I think he had 2 bars.

Equipment and specifically helmets change the game. In the old days with those poor helmets they were used for protection. Now players use their headgear as a weapon when tackling and blocking and it really does intensify hitting and collisions. You would get knocked out if you lead with your head in those 60's helemts.

appstate38
August 7th, 2008, 08:18 PM
To be worn against Jacksonville for our first home game.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1551162

Celebrates the first season with Coach Moore roaming the sidelines, designed by Nike.

Brings back memories since those were the ones I wore during my time there. Awesome!

Appaholic
August 7th, 2008, 09:28 PM
Brings back memories since those were the ones I wore during my time there. Awesome!

Personally like the throwback helmets better....

appstate38
August 7th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Personally like the throwback helmets better....

Not a big fan of the strips on the helmets but it was ok for the time.

The Cats
August 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM
That's some serious yellow on those uniforms......

PaladinFan
August 7th, 2008, 11:02 PM
Maybe you could wear throwbacks against Furman. Perhaps it would spark our team in remembering the times we used to tan the Mounties hides year in year out :)

BeauFoster
August 8th, 2008, 06:09 AM
Maybe you could wear throwbacks against Furman. Perhaps it would spark our team in remembering the times we used to tan the Mounties hides year in year out :)

Nah, the game will still be in Boone. It won't matter what unis we are wearing. Heck, I bet that Presbyterian would beat ya'll at the Rock! xlolx xsmiley_wix

Tealblood
August 8th, 2008, 06:22 AM
I like throw-backs of course at Coastal we wear them all the time since we are still wearing the same basic uni's we started with 5 years ago

tarmac
August 8th, 2008, 07:20 AM
Coach Moore high school pic

appfan2008
August 8th, 2008, 07:35 AM
to me i think they look like the steelers...

i like the throwback idea but man our current black on black jerseys are my favorite...

good tribute to coach moore

magman919
August 8th, 2008, 07:56 AM
"to me i think they look like the steelers..." xthumbsupx

I was Think the same thing.

ASU88
August 8th, 2008, 08:29 AM
I like our current jerseys better, but it will be nice to see those that they wore WAAAAAY back when I was a student!

appfan2008
August 8th, 2008, 08:34 AM
I like our current jerseys better, but it will be nice to see those that they wore WAAAAAY back when I was a student!

that must make you feel old... i was 3 years old when they last wore those!

PaladinFan
August 8th, 2008, 08:36 AM
Nah, the game will still be in Boone. It won't matter what unis we are wearing. Heck, I bet that Presbyterian would beat ya'll at the Rock! xlolx xsmiley_wix

While most newbie App fans don't remember, Furman still owns a winning record both in Boone and in Greenville against the Apps. That gap is slowly closing though. I still think Furman holds maybe a two or three game advantage at Kidd Brewer. Too lazy to check though.

appfan2008
August 8th, 2008, 08:37 AM
While most newbie App fans don't remember, Furman still owns a winning record both in Boone and in Greenville against the Apps. That gap is slowly closing though. I still think Furman holds maybe a two or three game advantage at Kidd Brewer. Too lazy to check though.

ill get busy checking that give me a few...

appfan2008
August 8th, 2008, 08:48 AM
typical appfan2008... i cant find asu v. furman overall record but i found asu's record v. furman at kbs... 9-8-2 so we do have a winning record at kbs against furman... but i am sure we have a bigger losing record in greenville i just cant find it right now...

furman94
August 8th, 2008, 09:19 AM
We hope to make it even... soon... (You lost last Black Saturday, don't forget!)

neersnbeers
August 8th, 2008, 09:22 AM
If the helmet had a hawkeye on it, well we would look like Iowa. I like em though!!

appfan2008
August 8th, 2008, 09:54 AM
If the helmet had a hawkeye on it, well we would look like Iowa. I like em though!!

true but i still think the overall thing looks like the steelers

ASU88
August 8th, 2008, 10:00 AM

That's enough outta you! xnonox

asknoquarter21
August 8th, 2008, 10:05 AM
was the last year 89???

I would have been 2

I will be graduating from ASU in May

Appaholic
August 8th, 2008, 12:17 PM

He's even older and his memory is slipping....those were the uniforms when I was in school......ASU88 was my brother's roommate.....and my brother was 6 yrs older.....their other roomates were Jesus and Methusala......xwhistlex

appfan2008
August 8th, 2008, 12:31 PM
That's enough outta you! xnonox

excuse me do you have a problem with something???

ASU88
August 8th, 2008, 12:33 PM
He's even older and his memory is slipping....those were the uniforms when I was in school......ASU88 was my brother's roommate.....and my brother was 6 yrs older.....their other roomates were Jesus and Methusala......xwhistlex
Well ... it was close! I graduated in '88, so I only missed them by a year (and then only if that was the first year they wore them.)

And shut up anyway, before I challenge you and Tom to another "Guiness chugging" contest. I seem to recall stepping off the deck and hearing the two of you hurling in stereo! xwhistlex

My memory is just fine.

Now what was I talking aobut? xeyebrowx

Appaholic
August 8th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Well ... it was close! I graduated in '88, so I only missed them by a year (and then only if that was the first year they wore them.)

And shut up anyway, before I challenge you and Tom to another "Guiness chugging" contest. I seem to recall stepping off the deck and hearing the two of you hurling in stereo! xwhistlex
My memory is just fine.

Now what was I talking aobut? xeyebrowx

I believe that was Tom, old man.........I'm still in game shape.....Tom's the one that spends half the season on IR.....

appfan2008
August 8th, 2008, 01:30 PM
that looks like some typical app tailgating right there!!!!

I CANT WAIT

Saint3333
August 8th, 2008, 04:59 PM
typical appfan2008... i cant find asu v. furman overall record but i found asu's record v. furman at kbs... 9-8-2 so we do have a winning record at kbs against furman... but i am sure we have a bigger losing record in greenville i just cant find it right now...

ASU is 14-21-3 all-time vs. Furman and that's with winning 6 out of the last 7. Needless to say the 70's and 80's sucked against Furman, the only SoCon team with a winning record against ASU.

http://cfbdatawarehouse.com/data/div_iaa/southern/appalachian_state/opponents_records.php?teamid=1229

Appaholic
August 8th, 2008, 05:06 PM

Ah yes.....but before there was Michigan, there was.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IW6Yl9eYkIs

KiddBrewer
August 8th, 2008, 05:14 PM
I believe that was Tom, old man.........I'm still in game shape.....Tom's the one that spends half the season on IR.....

all i can help to notice from the attached picture(because im so used to seeing people shotgun beers nowadays that it doesnt catch my eye) is the leaves in the background....temperature most likely around 65-75 degrees, beautiful sunshine, and a light wind coming from over Howard's Knob......man i love football season in boone!:D xrotatehx