PDA

View Full Version : I have an Idea....

DB_Atlantic10
October 21st, 2005, 09:48 PM
It's no secreat that most programs remain I-AA because they don't want to sacrafice their academics just for the shear idea of sports. The idea is, would it be difficult to lobby with some of the top Business Exec's of previous top academic I-AA institutions to put together the 33rd NFL franchise.... that would concentrated solely on drafting and trading players from the I-AA ranks? So the question to my I-AA faithful fans, is this idea conceivable? Also, how long do you think it would take this Franchise to become successful in the NFL ranks? What would be a great name and location? Any ideas?

I figure this, the I-AA world does not contain no where near the attitudes of the Top D-IA players and the luggage some, but not all typical top draftees from top programs bring along with them...which would more than likely make them a lot more coachable and predictable... IMO of course....

Tod
October 21st, 2005, 11:03 PM
It doesn't work. What happens when an existing NFL team drafts a I-AA player? They can't have them? It's either all I-AA players to that one team or they can't play? That decimates I-AA, as many players at the I-AA level dream of making it in the NFL. You also mentioned trading. Can you only trade for another I-AA player? If so, how did the player you're trading for get on another team in the first place? If not, then it won't be long before the I-AA team is made up primarily of I-A players.

It's an interesting concept, but it just wouldn't work.

I used to think a regional league would be cool. If you play football in the northwest, say, then you can only go to the team whose region you fall into. But what happens when the best three college QBs all come from the same region? Two sit on the bench, when they could be starting for another team? What about the fact that that particular team already has a star QB who's 24 years old?

Same concept. Doesn't work in the real world. But I admit it would be a cool idea, if it could work. :) :) :) :)

DB_Atlantic10
October 22nd, 2005, 10:54 PM
It doesn't work. What happens when an existing NFL team drafts a I-AA player? They can't have them? It's either all I-AA players to that one team or they can't play? That decimates I-AA, as many players at the I-AA level dream of making it in the NFL. You also mentioned trading. Can you only trade for another I-AA player? If so, how did the player you're trading for get on another team in the first place? If not, then it won't be long before the I-AA team is made up primarily of I-A players.

It's an interesting concept, but it just wouldn't work.

I used to think a regional league would be cool. If you play football in the northwest, say, then you can only go to the team whose region you fall into. But what happens when the best three college QBs all come from the same region? Two sit on the bench, when they could be starting for another team? What about the fact that that particular team already has a star QB who's 24 years old?

Same concept. Doesn't work in the real world. But I admit it would be a cool idea, if it could work. :) :) :) :)

It's just one team......

bkrownd
October 22nd, 2005, 11:50 PM
It's no secreat that most programs remain I-AA because they don't want to sacrafice their academics just for the shear idea of sports.

WTF?

The Fan
October 22nd, 2005, 11:55 PM
Most programs are I-A because they can't afford 85 football scholarships and a 50,000 seat stadium. Nothing to do with academics. In addition, that is the dumbest idea I have ever heard.

RadMann
October 23rd, 2005, 12:10 AM
The Fan: I think you meant I-AA. As far as academics, I don't think most I-AA programs are in I-AA due to academic concerns but I do think that pressure to bend academic requirements and rules are much greater in I-A for obvious reasons. As to the idea starting this thread, I don't see it as being workable for several reasons as already noted by the Montana poster. I agree though that it would be cool if it could be done. Ex I-AA players could prove to be a very decent NFL roster.

Tribefan
October 23rd, 2005, 12:47 AM
You're off the mark. Most I-AA programs remain I-AA because they can't/don't want to spend the money on big time athletics.

Also I think your idea is well intentioned but it will never happen.