PDA

View Full Version : LFN: Media and the Patriot League

Lehigh Football Nation
August 7th, 2008, 01:31 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/

I'm looking around me for Patriot League football coverage... and finding squat. Granted, it's always been an uphill battle to get media attention in New York City for Fordham (hard to compete with, say Brett Favre getting traded to the Jets) or Washington, DC for Georgetown (granted it's hard to get good attention when you're 0-11 - but anything would be better than breathless reports about U. of Maryland football recruiting in Florida in the Washington Times). Granted, even though the Worcester Telegram & Gazette has good coverage for Holy Cross during the season, they don't usually send anybody to Media Day, which I sort-of understand with gas at $4 a gallon. But this year is the thinnest I've ever in terms of coverage.

All this, and some pretty good Patriot League information "Around the Horn" as well, too. Whew! :p

ngineer
August 7th, 2008, 01:53 PM
http://lehighfootballnation.blogspot.com/

All this, and some pretty good Patriot League information "Around the Horn" as well, too. Whew! :p

LFN--You do a hell of a job. I just reviewed your latest and the 'comment' left by 'anonymous' is me--for some reason it didn't pick up my 'ngineer'. But with the print media going in the tank of red ink these days, it is no wonder. Same with SI--remember when they used to have some minimal coverage of , then I-AA, and even D-II and III? Not even a cold fart, now. It is the internet websites, bloggers, and posting boards that are filling the voids. Thanks for all your effort!xbowx xthumbsupx

DFW HOYA
August 7th, 2008, 02:28 PM
"0-11" ? xeyebrowx

Lehigh Football Nation
August 7th, 2008, 02:39 PM
"0-11" ? xeyebrowx

Fixed. It just felt like 0-11 at times. :o

DFW HOYA
August 7th, 2008, 02:46 PM
Thanks. (Maybe there was some foreknowledge the rest of us didn't know about...)

I'll post this evening as to why Georgetown can't--or won't--be getting coverage as a PL school.

Go...gate
August 7th, 2008, 03:11 PM
LFN, a great job, as usual.

Your work is very much appreciated.