PDA

View Full Version : Is Armanti Edwards out for the Season

JohnStOnge
August 6th, 2008, 08:12 PM
I keep seeing assertions on an LSU message board that Armanti Edwards is hurt and out for the season. What's the story?

Mountain Panther
August 6th, 2008, 08:16 PM
I keep seeing assertions on an LSU message board that Armanti Edwards is hurt and out for the season. What's the story?

I think the Tigers are just afraid of him.

ASUMountaineer
August 6th, 2008, 08:16 PM
He's practicing.

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1550581

Reign of Terrier
August 6th, 2008, 08:17 PM

The LSU boards said it was just a rumor and not true, they hope he's fine so (they said this) if they beat App, the fans won't whine about him being the reason why the lost.

Mountaineer
August 6th, 2008, 08:21 PM
Gosh, considering we're a rinky-dink Division II program with a lowly NAIA quarterback, LSU fans are certainly preoccupied with us this year. xlolx

Armanti's fine and did quite well in practice today (see ASUMountaineer's link).

furman94
August 6th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Gosh darnnitt! I thought he was out and we'd have a chance! xlolx :D

ASUMountaineer
August 6th, 2008, 08:59 PM
Gosh darnnitt! I thought he was out and we'd have a chance! xlolx :D

Haha, just try not to score on the South side of the field. :)

PaladinFan
August 6th, 2008, 09:12 PM
I'm surprised you people even read those fan boards of a school like LSU. We play VT this year and I don't even want to know the ignorant nonsense they say about my football team.

Theres no convincing some people that we play at a high level of football, have a good team, and can compete with you.

APPALACHIANstate
August 6th, 2008, 09:12 PM
YEAH HES OUT...

OUT OF THIS WORLD...

Welcome, to the 90's.

PantherRob82
August 6th, 2008, 09:14 PM
Is he still having issues with his shoulder?

Skjellyfetti
August 6th, 2008, 09:18 PM

Pretty sure he was back to 100% late in the 2007 games.

Mountaineer
August 6th, 2008, 09:23 PM
I'm surprised you people even read those fan boards of a school like LSU. We play VT this year and I don't even want to know the ignorant nonsense they say about my football team.

Theres no convincing some people that we play at a high level of football, have a good team, and can compete with you.

xnodx xnodx

Agreed 100%. I've been to the LSU board a couple of times. As I figured - it was full of retards and morons.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, but I believe I-AA fans are much more knowledgeable when it comes to football than the mouthbreathers/fans/bandwagoneers of I-A teams.

We seem to understand the differences between the subdivisions and know good football is played in both.

Hood
August 6th, 2008, 09:24 PM

I love reading message boards after the upsets. Just you can feel the tide turning. It's magical.

elon77
August 6th, 2008, 09:45 PM
I hope he plays against everyone but Elon, I don't want him to be hurt that week, just give him the week off.xbowx

JMU DUUUKES
August 6th, 2008, 11:24 PM

I hate that crap, even going on the Duke boards. Most of them are guaranteeing a victory against JMU. Its not as bad as the time I was trolling some DII boards after we smacked Lock Haven 72-0 ... other teams were saying how bad JMU is and how their DII squad woulda kicked out butts, hahahaa.

ASU
August 7th, 2008, 12:13 AM
I hate that crap, even going on the Duke boards. Most of them are guaranteeing a victory against JMU. Its not as bad as the time I was trolling some DII boards after we smacked Lock Haven 72-0 ... other teams were saying how bad JMU is and how their DII squad woulda kicked out butts, hahahaa.

Well.....after you guys knock off Duke, We (App State) knock off LSU, McNeese clobbers UNC, and GaSo beats Georgia............well, the world would probably end, because I would not believe it......but If we all do.....they (FBS) would figure out a way to still down us. They would probably say that we didn't win by enough......or the planets were arranged in a certain order.....or that we are cheating.

putter
August 7th, 2008, 12:21 AM
Well.....after you guys knock off Duke, We (App State) knock off LSU, McNeese clobbers UNC, and GaSo beats Georgia............well, the world would probably end, because I would not believe it......but If we all do.....they (FBS) would figure out a way to still down us. They would probably say that we didn't win by enough......or the planets were arranged in a certain order.....or that we are cheating.

God!!! We could only hope that happenesxbowx xbowx xbowx xbowx

bjtheflamesfan
August 7th, 2008, 06:23 AM
Now if all of those teams won (JMU, ASU, GaSou, Mcneese) that TRULY would be a black Saturday (and the boys at ESPN and College Gameday would be beside themselves...especially since UGA is preseason #1 in the nation)

AppGrad06
August 7th, 2008, 07:48 AM
Pretty sure he was back to 100% late in the 2007 games.

All I have to say is that if he wasn't 100% at the Richmond game, then HOLY SHNIKIES!

AppGrad06
August 7th, 2008, 07:53 AM
Now if all of those teams won (JMU, ASU, GaSou, Mcneese) that TRULY would be a black Saturday (and the boys at ESPN and College Gameday would be beside themselves...especially since UGA is preseason #1 in the nation)

I think Hirbstreat (I don't care to spell his name correctly) would literrally ***** himself right there on live TV.

DLS
August 7th, 2008, 07:53 AM
All I have to say is that if he wasn't 100% at the Richmond game, then HOLY SHNIKIES!

he did have a cold that game but i dont think he was still suffering from the shoulder sprain.

biggie
August 7th, 2008, 08:32 AM
he did have a cold that game but i dont think he was still suffering from the shoulder sprain.

He did mention at the SoCon media day that he had just been able to start bench pressing again just recently. So I believe now he's definately 100%, might have been still a little bothersome at the end of last year.

Saint3333
August 7th, 2008, 11:22 AM
He's back plus about 10 pounds, linebackers please take note, insert the TD from the GSU game in 2006 here ----->

BeauFoster
August 7th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Shoot, Saint - I heard that his leg was blown off when he stepped on an old mine leftover from the days when ASU was a secret military installation. I guess everyone better start planning for Hunter Stewart. He's not a real spread QB, I hear we will be switching back to a more pro-style, running back and full back type of offense. There is no reason for coaches to plan for the spread, we won't be using it at all this season.

ASUG8
August 7th, 2008, 12:48 PM
The LSU boards said it was just a rumor and not true, they hope he's fine so (they said this) if they beat App, the fans won't whine about him being the reason why the lost.

If you recall, he started at Woffy and played the whole game with GSU, both losses. No whining here.

ASUG8
August 7th, 2008, 12:51 PM

I think JMU can easily lay the smack down on Duke and I hope it happens. Give the boys in Durham a break though - it's not often they can make any predictions of winning......xsmiley_wix

lizrdgizrd
August 7th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Shoot, Saint - I heard that his leg was blown off when he stepped on an old mine leftover from the days when ASU was a secret military installation. I guess everyone better start planning for Hunter Stewart. He's not a real spread QB, I hear we will be switching back to a more pro-style, running back and full back type of offense. There is no reason for coaches to plan for the spread, we won't be using it at all this season.
xlolx

Reign of Terrier
August 7th, 2008, 01:04 PM
If you recall, he started at Woffy and played the whole game with GSU, both losses. No whining here.

I didn't say that the LSU guys said that xthumbsupx (

Houndawg
August 7th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I didn't say that the LSU guys said that xthumbsupx (

Maybe they meant he's gonna be out for the whole season?xeekx

Reign of Terrier
August 7th, 2008, 01:11 PM
Maybe they meant he's gonna be out for the whole season?xeekx

The rest of the FCS wouldn't mind...xprayx

Retro
August 7th, 2008, 02:24 PM

xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox xlmaox

appfan2008
August 7th, 2008, 03:05 PM
go asu is reporting that he had a great practice yesterday...

JohnStOnge
August 7th, 2008, 03:24 PM
Glat to hear it. I'm really looking forward to watching that game on TV and him not being healthy would've really taken a lot of the shine off. At least going in.

Saluki Fan in FL
August 7th, 2008, 03:26 PM
Anyone catch Armanti's interview with College Football Live yesterday on ESPNU? Pissed me off. xmadx They weren't doggin' on him so much as they were kinda chuckling about the game. They did say, however, that LSU was NOT taking ASU lightly. And that they've been watching the ASU/Mich. game over and over to pump them up.

After the interview an email came across their desk asking them if he should be considered for the Heisman. They kinda chuckled again and said... ok, if they beat LSU, win every game this year, including the national championship, then they may consider him. These guys are a joke.

All I can say is... Appy... I wish you the very best of luck. If you can somehow pull out this win... the media will never ignore the FCS again. Well we can hope. Maybe they'll just start saying that Appy is in a class of all their own and should not be compared with the rest of the FCS teams.

BarefootApp
August 7th, 2008, 03:36 PM
Maybe we should lose some of this FCS inferiorty complex. This level of college football is much closer to the real intent of the sport and we should be proud. They (FBS) are gonna be who they are and we are who we are....just play hard, have fun, and know there is more important battles after college. I am glad I am a big FCS fan and no media hype or non-hype can take that from me. Go get 'em Apps!

BisonBacker
August 7th, 2008, 04:34 PM
I'll be pulling for Appy xthumbsupx

IndianaAppMan
August 7th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Anyone catch Armanti's interview with College Football Live yesterday on ESPNU? Pissed me off. xmadx They weren't doggin' on him so much as they were kinda chuckling about the game.

After the interview an email came across their desk asking them if he should be considered for the Heisman. They kinda chuckled again and said... ok, if they beat LSU, win every game this year, including the national championship, then they may consider him. These guys are a joke.

This is the same ESPN that ignores the contributions of FCS teams to the NFL. Someone may want to verify this, but from what I understand, 10% of NFL players are former FCSers. Not bad considering that FBS teams get tons more exposure, operate on a far larger budget, and offer over 33% more scholarships than FCS teams. They dismiss the long list of FCS stars in the NFL as "exceptions to the rule," because saying otherwise might upset their bosses who dish out the huge TV contracts to FBS conferences. That list of names, off the top of my head includes: Jerry Rice, Rich Gannon, Brian Westbrook, Steve McNair, Randy Moss, Tony Romo, Kurt Warner, Dexter Jackson (star-to-be), Joe Flacco (star-to-be), Walter Payton, Shannon Sharpe, & Adrian Petersen (Bears, not Vikings). I'm sure there's many more.

Fair or not, the only way to capture ESPN & the country's attention that the FCS is legit is to have a few more Michigan-type upsets. So go Ga Southern over Georgia. Go Youngstown over Ohio State. Go App over LSU. Go McNeese over UNC. Go JMU over Duke (although this win wouldn't do as much to trigger a paradigm shift). I hope all of 'em (except WCU & Nooga against the Noles) go out and sucker-punch their snotty-nosed fans.

Gully
August 7th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I'll surely be pulling for Appy. Problem is everytime I hear about ASU I get that damn "hot, hot, hot" song going in my head.xlolx xlolx

Skjellyfetti
August 7th, 2008, 07:49 PM
I'll surely be pulling for Appy. Problem is everytime I hear about ASU I get that damn "hot, hot, hot" song going in my head.xlolx xlolx

Listen to this a few times and it will replace "Hot, Hot, Hot."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09fbl6jkh4U

bjtheflamesfan
August 8th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Listen to this a few times and it will replace "Hot, Hot, Hot."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09fbl6jkh4U

I watched the Hot Hot Hot video...I love it! I'll have to check out this other video

AppGrad06
August 8th, 2008, 09:03 AM

Yeah that whole "Normal School", "Teacher's College" thing was just a cover. We all know what was hidden deep under the campus. Why do thing Kraut creak is so nasty? Legacy waste from the secret military performancer enhance research. Coincidently it's rumored S/C coach Dillman fills up the team water coolers from Kraut creak. Hmmm...?;)

Retro
August 8th, 2008, 11:07 AM
Anyone catch Armanti's interview with College Football Live yesterday on ESPNU? Pissed me off. xmadx They weren't doggin' on him so much as they were kinda chuckling about the game. They did say, however, that LSU was NOT taking ASU lightly. And that they've been watching the ASU/Mich. game over and over to pump them up.

All I can say is... Appy... I wish you the very best of luck. If you can somehow pull out this win... the media will never ignore the FCS again. Well we can hope. Maybe they'll just start saying that Appy is in a class of all their own and should not be compared with the rest of the FCS teams.

I saw it.. Started out good, then Bob Griese and his typical arrogant self said something to the effect.. "If they beat LSU, won all the games and another national title then i'm sure some consideration".. Then he said: "If he played in Division I, then he might have a shot at the heisman" ARGH!!!!!!!!xmadx
Not surprising as someone came into my store one time after an autograph show and said Griese was jerk there too!

Of course we all understand that the Payton award is the FCS heisman, but it would be nice if they would give credit where credit is due in all of Division I with at least some acknowledgement.

Remember, the heisman of late has become the the best player on the best BCS team, usually a QB or RB... Looking back Troy Davis had 2 consecutive 2,000 seasons with Iowa state againest BIG 12 competition, but still got shafted by Danny Weurffel winning.

MountainMan
August 8th, 2008, 02:13 PM

At the SoCon rouser he said that his should finally got back to 100% this summer. Kinda scary to think he was at least dinged up the whole season.

Eaglesrus
August 8th, 2008, 03:09 PM

It's an interesting coincidence for you have strung that together for a Savannah person, what with Hunter Army Airfield being here, Fort Stewart being 30 miles down the road, and the two sometimes being referred to as the Hunter - Stewart military complex.

Grizaholic17
August 8th, 2008, 03:11 PM

xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

good luck APP...but if you lose...it won't just be Edwards. I love your guys' valency, but this is a big monster you're going into.

I do believe Armanti is practicing though. Went to the App site the other day.

appmaj
August 12th, 2008, 08:04 AM
MNF on ESPN saying we lost our QB too. Where did all this crappy bad info start?

furman94
August 12th, 2008, 09:37 AM
Maybe its a sign of what's to come!

BeauFoster
August 12th, 2008, 09:43 AM
It's an interesting coincidence for you have strung that together for a Savannah person, what with Hunter Army Airfield being here, Fort Stewart being 30 miles down the road, and the two sometimes being referred to as the Hunter - Stewart military complex.

There's an old "myth" (some swear it's true, others say it's false) that Varsity Gym was built on top of a top secret, east coast Naval radar station. Supposedly, there was an armed guard stationed at a non-descript door down a dark hallway, and only one or two people had access to the room. The site was decommissioned sometime in the 80's, but relics remain. Most ASU students/alumni joke about it. As for the QB, Hunter Stewart is one of our backups and the placeholder for FGs and PATs.

Put it all together and you get one useless, but interesting, piece of a story! xthumbsupx

elcid96
August 12th, 2008, 09:45 AM
I heard he hurt his pinky finger and little toe and will be out for the first 3 games.

asknoquarter21
August 12th, 2008, 09:47 AM
it is supposed to be that varsity gym looked like the landscape from the sky...until it got a new roof

AshevilleApp
August 12th, 2008, 06:24 PM
Looked pretty good in practice for "out-for-the-season"

http://www.goasu.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=21500&ATCLID=1551274

Looks like Apps running game will be deeper than expected as well

appsfan
August 12th, 2008, 07:35 PM
There's an old "myth" (some swear it's true, others say it's false) that Varsity Gym was built on top of a top secret, east coast Naval radar station. Supposedly, there was an armed guard stationed at a non-descript door down a dark hallway, and only one or two people had access to the room. The site was decommissioned sometime in the 80's, but relics remain. Most ASU students/alumni joke about it. As for the QB, Hunter Stewart is one of our backups and the placeholder for FGs and PATs.

Put it all together and you get one useless, but interesting, piece of a story! xthumbsupx

When my wife was at App in the early '80s the "myth" was that the school was running out of money to finish varsity Gym so the US Government stepped in to supply needed funding. The catch was the an Air Force Radar Station was placed in the facility to control the missile silos that had been built near the Parkway ...xeekx