PDA

View Full Version : All Montana seats sold out again

Ronbo
August 6th, 2008, 09:28 AM
We keep expanding and we keep selling out. Single game tickets for all home games sold out in one day again. The only tickets available on GrizTix.com is for away games. This years capacity 25,300 seating, about 26,000 to 26,200 standing room only. We should pass that 26K mark against the Cats.

elcid96
August 6th, 2008, 09:30 AM
We keep expanding and we keep selling out. Single game tickets for all home games sold out in one day again. The only tickets available on GrixTix.com is for away games. This years capacity 25,300 seating, about 26,000 to 26,200 standing room only. We should pass that 26K mark against the Cats.

Wow. That is great. Are you going to the FBS soon?

BeauFoster
August 6th, 2008, 09:31 AM
We keep expanding and we keep selling out. Single game tickets for all home games sold out in one day again. The only tickets available on GrixTix.com is for away games. This years capacity 25,300 seating, about 26,000 to 26,200 standing room only. We should pass that 26K mark against the Cats.

I know I should know this, but how many seats were added with your expansion?

ursus arctos horribilis
August 6th, 2008, 09:31 AM
Sweet news, thanks Ronbo.

jonmac
August 6th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Awesome, way to go, AGAIN.xbowx xbowx xbowx

slostang
August 6th, 2008, 09:41 AM
Congrats. That is impressive and is telling me that they really should have gone with the original plan of a 4,000 seat expansion instead of 2,000. I would not be surprised to see another expansion in the next three years.

89Hen
August 6th, 2008, 10:21 AM
xoopsx xbowx xbowx xbowx

AshevilleApp2
August 6th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Way to go Montana. Ya'll have a great fan base.

Ronbo
August 6th, 2008, 10:41 AM
I was told by a friend in the ticket office that many angry fans were turned away at the windows Friday. I'm sure they thought that more tickets would be available this season.

New this season. Students will not be issued tickets. They will need to have their cards swiped at the ticket office by Wed. of the game week. They are issued a game pass in the computer and the card will allow entrance on game day through a new special entrance for students that is located in the Southeast corner of the stadium. Any open student seats will go on sale to the general public on Thurs. of each game week.

No more students selling their tickets. The University will now get that profit.

GradBison
August 6th, 2008, 10:45 AM
That's truly impressive to be doing it season after season. Congrats!

89Hen
August 6th, 2008, 10:50 AM
No more students selling their tickets.
That's a good thing.

griz5700
August 6th, 2008, 11:05 AM
That is good news. I can see where people would be frustrated, but if you want to go to a game, you will be able to find a way.. If there is a will, there is a way.

I say we slow on additions, keep demand high, and improve other things like the locker room and weight room.

griz8791
August 6th, 2008, 11:39 AM
That is good news. I can see where people would be frustrated, but if you want to go to a game, you will be able to find a way.. If there is a will, there is a way.

I say we slow on additions, keep demand high, and improve other things like the locker room and weight room.

Echoes of our exchange on egriz yesterday. I was going to grumble about the locker room and weight room on this thread but you beat me to it.

wapiti
August 6th, 2008, 12:54 PM
Echoes of our exchange on egriz yesterday. I was going to grumble about the locker room and weight room on this thread but you beat me to it.

Probably could use video game consoles in the locker room and/or weight room like many pro teams have.:D

uofmman1122
August 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM
I was told by a friend in the ticket office that many angry fans were turned away at the windows Friday. I'm sure they thought that more tickets would be available this season.

New this season. Students will not be issued tickets. They will need to have their cards swiped at the ticket office by Wed. of the game week. They are issued a game pass in the computer and the card will allow entrance on game day through a new special entrance for students that is located in the Southeast corner of the stadium. Any open student seats will go on sale to the general public on Thurs. of each game week.

No more students selling their tickets. The University will now get that profit.Any news if they're going to still allow guest passes? I don't even know if my Grizcard would work with getting a ticket, since I won't be in Missoula next year. xconfusedx

I'd be pissed if I got up there to see SUU and I couldn't get a ticket. xnonono2x

NZNCRZY
August 6th, 2008, 03:38 PM
What I find impressive with a sold out season at Montana is the price of the tickets. I have had season tickets for 14 years and they go up every year. For 12 tickets that I have I pay almost $2400 a season and that doesn’t include any GSA membership. I think they are $30 a game this year more for the Cat/Griz game and I don't realy have that great of seats. I know a lot of people that are having a hard time affording their tickets. I just wonder how much more they will be able to expand and fill the seats at this price.

appfan2008
August 6th, 2008, 03:40 PM
way to go griz... class of fcs... but you wont lead in total attendance per game i am afraid

Ronbo
August 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM
What I find impressive with a sold out season at Montana is the price of the tickets. I have had season tickets for 14 years and they go up every year. For 12 tickets that I have I pay almost $2400 a season and that doesn’t include any GSA membership. I think they are $30 a game this year more for the Cat/Griz game and I don't realy have that great of seats. I know a lot of people that are having a hard time affording their tickets. I just wonder how much more they will be able to expand and fill the seats at this price.

7 games for $215 = $31.71 per game. And unlike other stadiums that is the price for every seat in the stadium not counting GSA donations.

SeattleGriz
August 6th, 2008, 07:17 PM

The couple next to my brother have let him purchase their seats the last two years because they just can't afford them right now. I pay for one of those seats for the whole season to help out my brother, and to have a seat when I can make a game.

SeattleGriz
August 6th, 2008, 07:17 PM
I know I should know this, but how many seats were added with your expansion?

SeattleGriz
August 6th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Wow. That is great. Are you going to the FBS soon?

From what I understand, there is a four year period where no FCS team can go to FBS. Even if we wanted to, we couldn't.

mtgrizfan4life
August 9th, 2008, 12:41 AM
I live in Denver and may make 3 games a year. However, I still pay my half for 2 season tickets. My brother has the other seat and lives in Missoula still. I let friends and familly use my ticket when I cannot make it back for a game. I plan to move back to Missoula, hopefully by then we will be FBS. I do not want to be put on a waiting list like they have for Denver Broncos season tickets. GO GRIZ!!!!!!!!!!!