PDA

View Full Version : both furman and the citadel sold out on day one

DLS
August 6th, 2008, 08:10 AM
first day single game tickets go on sale at ASU and homecoming with the citadel and black saturday with furman both sell out of permanent seats. grass is still available.

other games close to sold out:
jacksonville
presbyterian
elon
wofford

elcid96
August 6th, 2008, 08:10 AM
Nice job on ticket sales.

furman94
August 6th, 2008, 09:28 AM
I'm surprised Wofford isn't sold out, with it being an ESPN game! I can't wait to come for Black Saturday!

biggie
August 6th, 2008, 09:33 AM
I'm surprised Wofford isn't sold out, with it being an ESPN game! I can't wait to come for Black Saturday!

Being a Friday night and on halloween (people having to take kids out), it will take a little while to sell out. Think the young crowd, including students, are more excited about that game. I know I am.

AppAlum
August 6th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Thanks, I was going to hold off on getting the citadel game tix, im glad i saw your post. Grass area is where I will be I guess.

biggie
August 6th, 2008, 10:04 AM
Appears now that every home game "seat" has sold (a few single seats occasionally popup through online ticket sales site). There are still grass seats for everything.

08Dawg
August 6th, 2008, 12:24 PM
Sold out? Wow...it's going to be a great year to be a Bulldog! Too bad I'm stuck in freakin' Texas and will miss the whole damn season!

KiddBrewer
August 6th, 2008, 12:46 PM
Sold out? Wow...it's going to be a great year to be a Bulldog! Too bad I'm stuck in freakin' Texas and will miss the whole damn season!

appalachian games are sold out..............xcoffeex

thanks for your service though!

AppAlum
August 6th, 2008, 12:58 PM
Our crew will be hanging out in the grass for homecoming game. Just rented a cabin too, I wish Oct 4th was this weekend.

introvertedGSUfan
August 6th, 2008, 01:01 PM
Thank god I'm still a student and don't have to pay for home games while only having to show up on gameday with my Student ID.. :)

citdog
August 6th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Our crew will be hanging out SMOKIN' the grass for homecoming game. Just rented a cabin too, I wish Oct 4th was this weekend.

ACCURACY YOSEF....ACCURACY

Eaglesrus
August 6th, 2008, 01:15 PM
Thank god I'm still a student and don't have to pay for home games while only having to show up on gameday with my Student ID.. :)

You definitely should be happy about that. We plan to go to every game this year, home and away, and the cost really mounts up, especially when you factor in gas, meals, hotels/cabin. Do love it, though. I just figure that I do this instead of playing golf.

elon77
August 6th, 2008, 02:39 PM

how about the shine, won't there be a little shine too?xthumbsupx

Jiggs
August 6th, 2008, 02:47 PM

Wake up and smell the coffee. Believe me, you are paying for it.

AshevilleApp2
August 6th, 2008, 02:50 PM
how about the shine, won't there be a little shine too?xthumbsupx

We can only hope. xnodx

AshevilleApp2
August 6th, 2008, 02:51 PM

You coming to the game dog?

Appinator
August 6th, 2008, 03:04 PM
Just checked the site and no seats other than grass are available for any home game. ALL reserved sections are now sold out in only a day and a half of sales.

Glad I got season tickets; East side, section 111 (50 yard line).

biggie
August 6th, 2008, 03:07 PM
Well, "he" may not be paying, but someone is.

Just checked the site and no seats other than grass are available for any home game. ALL reserved sections are now sold out in only a day and a half of sales.

Yeah, glad I got season tickets this year. Only had a little trouble getting tickets last year to every game, but wouldn't want to try this year. I'll be up behind you in 214.

Appears (if online tickets are correct), there are only about 1600 grass seats left for both Citadel and Furman games.

furman94
August 6th, 2008, 03:07 PM
I'm buying my tix from FU...

citdog
August 6th, 2008, 03:08 PM
You coming to the game dog?

WOULDN'T MISS IT FOR THE WORLD! hAVE RESERVATIONS AT HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS IN BOONE. APPAHOLIC IS A WHITE TRASH IDIOT SO HE WILL BE STAYING WHERE HIS KIND DO WHEN IN BOONE......SCOTTISH INN

AshevilleApp2
August 6th, 2008, 03:12 PM
WOULDN'T MISS IT FOR THE WORLD! hAVE RESERVATIONS AT HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS IN BOONE. APPAHOLIC IS A WHITE TRASH IDIOT SO HE WILL BE STAYING WHERE HIS KIND DO WHEN IN BOONE......SCOTTISH INN

xlolx xlolx This should be fun.

CID1990
August 6th, 2008, 05:01 PM

Me and Mrs. CID1990 have a cabin in Valle Crucis and plan to be there that weekend, as well. Still waiting for info on the local Citadel Club's plan for a tailgate party.

ASU88
August 6th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Admittedly ... it's where we belong. At least at those times.

That Scottish is pretty bad, but you can walk from campus, which becomes VERY important after about 10:00 am.

Call it taking one for the team. Don't want to put anyone else at risk to stay in a nicer spot.
xlolx

AppStsGr8
August 6th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Definitely the best way to go with the season tix. Come over and say howdy to us in 3A on the West side. We've got a great crowd ... except for the lady behind me last year who kept telling us to sit down ... funny how she didn't come much after the first two games :)

CID1990, you can always come grab a BLACK and bleu burger at our tailgate.

citdog
August 6th, 2008, 05:57 PM
Definitely the best way to go with the season tix. Come over and say howdy to us in 3A on the West side. We've got a great crowd ... except for the lady behind me last year who kept telling us to sit down ... funny how she didn't come much after the first two games :)

CID1990, you can always come grab a BLACK and bleu burger at our tailgate.

I hear the "Boone Chapter" of THE CITDOG FAN CLUB is sponsoring a float in your homecoming parade.........xlolx xlolx xlolx

they're going to nueter a live bulldog in my honor....xeekx xeekx

ASUMountaineer
August 6th, 2008, 07:26 PM

We'll be at the cabin, hope to see you there Citdog. xthumbsupx Appaholic and I talked about getting together sometime at tailgate, compare notes about those crazy Huntersville chicks. xlolx

ASUMountaineer
August 6th, 2008, 07:27 PM

I love that you said East Side. Look for me, across the field xlolx, I'm in 5A half way up the upper level behind the band.

Appinator
August 6th, 2008, 08:08 PM
I love that you said East Side. Look for me, across the field xlolx, I'm in 5A half way up the upper level behind the band.

I'm not sure how calling it the "East Side" is funny. I guess some would call it the "Away" side because the only visitor seating sections are over there. But with the high demand, visitors are out number by students, and students are out numbered by Yosef club and single game ASU tickets.

I'm glad I shelled out the cash to be with the old folks too. My wife got puked on in the stands during the Richmond game, so we are looking forward to a little more mellow environment. I graduated in 06, but I got tickets together with some buddies and it should be fun.

furman94
August 6th, 2008, 08:38 PM
Can I still bring my Furman stadium flag and megaphone?

Mountaineer
August 6th, 2008, 08:40 PM

Appsolutely not!! :p

Update:

All Reserved Seats Sold Out: In an update from Tuesday’s open to single-game ticket sales, reserved seats (not including those set aside for ASU students) for all six 2008 regular-season games at The Rock are SOLD OUT.

KiddBrewer
August 6th, 2008, 08:43 PM

if you dont mind somebody punchin you right in the face.

xnonono2x xthumbsupx

CID1990
August 6th, 2008, 11:57 PM
Heres' the real kicker:

My father is a UNC alumnus. He and my mom have a place near Todd, NC. Dad is disillusioned with FBS football in general because of the money and the thug factor. So, he has adopted ASU his team and attends games every year. During the game this year, Dad will be sitting on the ASU side, rooting for his favorite QB, and that's not Bart Blanchard. He even told me that he would have a "tear beer" waiting for me at the cabin after the game.

What a crock of *****. Really pulling for an upset in october.

ASU
August 7th, 2008, 12:28 AM
Heres' the real kicker:

My father is a UNC alumnus. He and my mom have a place near Todd, NC. Dad is disillusioned with FBS football in general because of the money and the thug factor. So, he has adopted ASU his team and attends games every year. During the game this year, Dad will be sitting on the ASU side, rooting for his favorite QB, and that's not Bart Blanchard. He even told me that he would have a "tear beer" waiting for me at the cabin after the game.

You never know....I drove down for the Citadel game last year.....if they can devise a better defense, ow wait, don't want to give them any ideas.....Citadel has done too well against us for years.

AppGrad06
August 7th, 2008, 07:45 AM
Heres' the real kicker:

That's awesome! I think I'd like your dad. In all seriousness though one could say it's a risky move scheduling you guys for homecoming this year. I'm expecting a good game, of course everyone wants a win on homecoming, but blow out are not as entertaining, so you boys in your "manly" baby blue better bring it.

Appaholic
August 7th, 2008, 08:30 AM
I hear the "Boone Chapter" of THE CITDOG FAN CLUB is sponsoring a float in your homecoming parade.........xlolx xlolx xlolx

they're going to nueter a live bulldog in my honor....xeekx xeekx

I guess they could neuter the bulldog.....realistically, they would have to spay yourself......

Appaholic
August 7th, 2008, 08:33 AM

Since you'll be passed out, only the finest for your girl.......and she and I will be adding to the Scottish Inn stain collection.....xnodx

citdog
August 7th, 2008, 08:42 AM
Since you'll be passed out, only the finest for your girl.......and she and I will be adding to the Scottish Inn stain collection.....xnodx

yours will be at the early bird special at the k@w cafeteria! hope she doesn't break a hip on that mountain!

Appaholic
August 7th, 2008, 09:03 AM
yours will be at the early bird special at the k@w cafeteria! hope she doesn't break a hip on that mountain!

All this talk of games is getting me quite thirsty and excited to tailgate....

Appaholic
August 7th, 2008, 09:08 AM
....and ASU88 certainly has reason o get excited about tailgating.....xthumbsupx

ASU88
August 7th, 2008, 12:19 PM
....and ASU88 certainly has reason o get excited about tailgating.....xthumbsupx
I do love me some tailgating. Especially in Raley lot. Getting tougher and tougher to get in that lot. Going in by foot this year, as parking there now requires $2500 donation (two year ago it was free).

No sweat, we'll find our fun! xthumbsupx

citdog
August 7th, 2008, 12:32 PM
All this talk of games is getting me quite thirsty and excited to tailgate....

i'm hanging out with y'all before and after the game........have to bring kleenex for y'all to wipe up the tears with!

ASU88
August 7th, 2008, 01:05 PM
i'm hanging out with y'all before and after the game........have to bring kleenex for y'all to wipe up the tears with!

Tears of laughter, perhaps! xlolx

Appaholic
August 7th, 2008, 01:44 PM

Just don't forget our luggage......and to validate our parking.......

citdog
August 7th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Just don't forget our luggage......and to validate our parking.......

THE ONLY THING WE'RE CARRYING OUT OF BOONE IS THE VICTORY......AND A COUPLE OF HORNY BI-SEXUAL HIPPIE CHICKS.....WE VALIDATE ALRIGHT......VALIDATE THE 'DOGS AS A TOP 10 TEAM AFTER 4 OCTOBER!

introvertedGSUfan
August 7th, 2008, 01:53 PM

Haha, this is quite true, but I thankfully have scholarships and grants that take care of those pesky financial problems.

Appaholic
August 7th, 2008, 02:00 PM

For those of you unfamiliar with Boone or the Scottish Inn, I give you their review page from trip advisor........we have been staying there for over 10 years I believe.....really gives us that "back-in-college" *****hole feeling from when you lived in a dorm or crappy apartment......

the reviews are fokking hilarious........yet, not embellished in the slightest.....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48975-d248243-Reviews-Scottish_Inns-Boone_North_Carolina.html

ASU88
August 7th, 2008, 02:03 PM

Man ... football can't start soon enough! :D

ASU88
August 7th, 2008, 02:09 PM
For those of you unfamiliar with Boone or the Scottish Inn, I give you their review page from trip advisor........we have been staying there for over 10 years I believe.....really gives us that "back-in-college" *****hole feeling from when you lived in a dorm or crappy apartment......

That's the spot!

Where the manager will come to your room at 3:30am with a drill and a hammer to fix the door you broke through when, in a drunken haze, you THOUGHT your roommates just weren't letting you in.

Remember that stain from last year. Looked like someone had been murdered in that room. Seriously! (note: just read the 3rd review and it references the same stain! go figure!)

Appaholic
August 7th, 2008, 02:24 PM
That's the spot!

Where the manager will come to your room at 3:30am with a drill and a hammer to fix the door you broke through when, in a drunken haze, you THOUGHT your roommates just weren't letting you in.

Remember that stain from last year. Looked like someone had been murdered in that room. Seriously! (note: just read the 3rd review and it references the same stain! go figure!)

Nor will the manager call the cops, even though the person's room you broke into insists that he does, and, as a matter of fact, won't let the guy change rooms as, and I quote from the manager at 3:30am, "don't worry about it.....that guy's just being an a$$hole....this isn't the first time we've had to replace a door"......and doesn't charge you for the door......now THAT's service.....xnodx

ASU88
August 7th, 2008, 02:31 PM
....now THAT's service.....xnodx

Perhaps we should write a review raving about the place and letting those others know what's important when searching for accommodations.

citdog
August 7th, 2008, 02:36 PM
Nor will the manager call the cops, even though the person's room you broke into insists that he does, and, as a matter of fact, won't let the guy change rooms as, and I quote from the manager at 3:30am, "don't worry about it.....that guy's just being an a$$hole....this isn't the first time we've had to replace a door"......and doesn't charge you for the door......now THAT's service.....xnodx

cheer......those who ran that fat, upstate white trash from the limits of the campus.

boo..........those at app st teachers college for vaginas who didn't have the sac to get a real mans education and somehow think any of us give a **** what they think...all we want is a decent days work out of any appy state graduate who works for us.....and y'all do work FOR US

Appaholic
August 7th, 2008, 02:43 PM
cheer......those who ran that fat, upstate white trash from the limits of the campus.

boo..........those at app st teachers college for vaginas who didn't have the sac to get a real mans education and somehow think any of us give a **** what they think...all we want is a decent days work out of any appy state graduate who works for us.....and y'all do work FOR US

how ironic, seeing how most El Cid grads dream of nothing more than sucking the government teet whilst playing "war" in their parent's basement.....

BTW.....that ASU Press is not App St, but Arizona St.....you know Arizona, that state that is producing the man who, since he could survive torture for seven years but couldn't avoid being swift-boated by Bush, should now be annointed President.......

citdog
August 7th, 2008, 03:00 PM
how ironic, seeing how most El Cid grads dream of nothing more than sucking the government teet whilst playing "war" in their parent's basement.....

BTW.....that ASU Press is not App St, but Arizona St.....you know Arizona, that state that is producing the man who, since he could survive torture for seven years but couldn't avoid being swift-boated by Bush, should now be annointed President.......

your signature is "limiting my enjoyment of this site" and as we both know that is a violation of THE AGS TERMS OF SERVICE which Ralph carried down from Mt. Siani!xrulesx xrulesx xnodx

Appaholic
August 7th, 2008, 03:10 PM
your signature is "limiting my enjoyment of this site" and as we both know that is a violation of THE AGS TERMS OF SERVICE which Ralph carried down from Mt. Siani!xrulesx xrulesx xnodx

You keep pushing me....and I mail the following letter certified, but use your return business address and phone number.....don't make me use this....

August 8, 2008

Ms. Shannon Faulkner
c/o Woodmont High School
2831 West Georgia Road
Piedmont, SC 29673

re: The Citadel vs. Appalachian State University, October 4, 2008-08-07

Dear Ms. Faulkner:

This correspondence hopefully finds you in good spirits and health. Our organization, MensTown, would like to extend an invitation to you and yours for an entertaining football game.

On October 4th, 2008, the Citadel will be travelling to Boone, NC to accept their yearly thrashing at the hand of the mountaineers. We would be honoured if you would join us for tailgating prior to the contest as well as be our guest for an overnight stay. A room at the Holiday Inn Express in Boone has been procured under ***** ********'s name and transportation will be provided by ****** Buick of Greenville, SC. We do hope you and your family and/or friends will accept our invitation for a fun afternoon of Football Championship Series. Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely

citdog
August 7th, 2008, 03:14 PM
xlolx
You keep pushing me....and I mail the following letter certified, but use your return business address and phone number.....don't make me use this....

August 8, 2008

Ms. Shannon Faulkner
c/o Woodmont High School
2831 West Georgia Road
Piedmont, SC 29673

re: The Citadel vs. Appalachian State University, October 4, 2008-08-07

Dear Ms. Faulkner:

This correspondence hopefully finds you in good spirits and health. Our organization, MensTown, would like to extend an invitation to you and yours for an entertaining football game.

On October 4th, 2008, the Citadel will be travelling to Boone, NC to accept their yearly thrashing at the hand of the mountaineers. We would be honoured if you would join us for tailgating prior to the contest as well as be our guest for an overnight stay. A room at the Holiday Inn Express in Boone has been procured under CITDOG'S name and transportation will be provided by Citdog's rides of Greenville, SC. We do hope you and your family and/or friends will accept our invitation for a fun afternoon of Football Championship Series. Thank you for your time and I look forward to your response.

Sincerely

I PISSED MYSELF A LITTLE WHILE READING THIS!xlolx

I'D HATE TO HAVE TO UNRETIRE MY RUBBER HOSE

appfan2008
August 7th, 2008, 03:16 PM
all the games are sold out!... i cant wait

AshevilleApp2
August 7th, 2008, 03:24 PM

the reviews are fokking hilarious........yet, not embellished in the slightest.....

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g48975-d248243-Reviews-Scottish_Inns-Boone_North_Carolina.html

But you have to admit it's a step up from the Boone Trail. "$29.95-Two People/One Bed"

Appaholic
August 7th, 2008, 03:34 PM
But you have to admit it's a step up from the Boone Trail. "$29.95-Two People/One Bed"

My brother would disagree I believe....I never stayed at Boone Trail, but he has........and I don't know......I have a hard time including "Scottish Inn" and "step up" in the same sentence.......unless you are referring to "stepping up" out of the sunken bath tubs....

AshevilleApp2
August 7th, 2008, 03:43 PM
My brother would disagree I believe....I never stayed at Boone Trail, but he has........and I don't know......I have a hard time including "Scottish Inn" and "step up" in the same sentence.......unless you are referring to "stepping up" out of the sunken bath tubs....

Maybe a "step up" is going to far. I haven't stayed at the Scottish Inn, only brought food there. Stayed at the Boone Trail after the Richmond game last year. I'll defer to your brother if he's stayed in both.

The one great thing about both places though, is you can drink all you want and still not risk a DWI getting back to your room.

Appaholic
August 7th, 2008, 03:45 PM
Maybe a "step up" is going to far. I haven't stayed at the Scottish Inn, only brought food there. Stayed at the Boone Trail after the Richmond game last year. I'll defer to your brother if he's stayed in both.

The one great thing about both places though, is you can drink all you want and still not risk a DWI getting back to your room.

Exactly....how would you like to own either place? Those folks a setting on gold mine's.....right across from campus......xrotatehx