PDA

View Full Version : UCA Suspends Seven, Dismisses One

TexasTerror
August 6th, 2008, 07:54 AM
I feel that the Marks issue is old news, but thanks to TreyUCA over on their board...here is a breakdown of the suspensions:

Suspensions:
Uriah Perry - suspended the entire season
Tyler Gray - suspended four games
Phillip Johnson - suspended for one game
Logan Roubique - suspended for one game
Henry Minor - suspended for one game
Norvel Gabriel - suspended for one game
Carlos Smith - suspended for one game

-----------------

CONWAY, Ark. (AP) - The University of Central Arkansas says seven football players have been suspended and one player dismissed from the team on the eve of the football season.

Coach Clint Conque said in a news release today from UCA that sophomore running back Curtis Marks of Memphis, Tennessee, was dismissed from the team. Marks faces felony charges of credit fraud and theft after police say he stole between $500 and $2,500 by using a credit card at a gas station.

The release said defensive lineman Uriah Perry will be suspended for the entire season, while offensive lineman Tyler Gray faces a 4-game suspension. According to the release, 1-game suspensions were meted out to defensive back Phillip Johnson -- offensive lineman Logan Roubique -- defensive back Henry Minor -- defensive end Norvel Gabriel -- and defensive back Carlos Smith.

http://www.kfsm.com/Global/story.asp?S=8794060&nav=menu151_4

Hope the SWAC fans didn't see me posting negative news on a SLC school -- wouldn't want that!

89Hen
August 6th, 2008, 10:43 AM
xoopsx Are any of these guys starters or key players? UCA is still not eligible for the playoffs yet, correct?

McNeese75
August 6th, 2008, 11:22 AM
xoopsx Are any of these guys starters or key players? UCA is still not eligible for the playoffs yet, correct?

Correct

MaximumBobcat
August 6th, 2008, 04:13 PM

from reading ucafans.com forum, it seems that Perry was was a integral player on the Dline. Was Perry a part of the stolen credit card incident? I know the majority of the players that got 1 game suspensions were, but I wasn't sure about Perry. Any UCA fans want to comment?

JoshUCA
August 6th, 2008, 06:12 PM
no one seems to know what perry did, and yes most of the others were with the credit card incident.

UCABEARS75
August 11th, 2008, 09:58 AM
from reading ucafans.com forum, it seems that Perry was was a integral player on the Dline. Was Perry a part of the stolen credit card incident? I know the majority of the players that got 1 game suspensions were, but I wasn't sure about Perry. Any UCA fans want to comment?

No Perry was not part of the credit card deal.

He is a great kid and really did nothing wrong.

I can not comment any further.

He should be fine for '09.

Purple Pride
August 11th, 2008, 10:07 AM

He should be fine for '09."Really did nothing wrong", but he's suspended for the entire season?xconfusedx xconfusedx

TheRiver
August 11th, 2008, 02:01 PM

This is how you build a great football team.xthumbsupx

McTailGator
August 11th, 2008, 02:46 PM
no one seems to know what perry did, and yes most of the others were with the credit card incident.

I know it's a tough situation, but Clint did the right thing in coming down hard on these guy's.

In the long run, your team will be better off for it.

UCABEARS75
August 11th, 2008, 03:40 PM
I know it's a tough situation, but Clint did the right thing in coming down hard on these guy's.

In the long run, your team will be better off for it.

Strongly agree!!

UCABEARS75
August 11th, 2008, 03:41 PM
"Really did nothing wrong", but he's suspended for the entire season?xconfusedx xconfusedx

Correct.