PDA

View Full Version : Yale Football on YES

bulldog10jw
August 5th, 2008, 07:53 PM
http://yalebulldogs.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080408aaa.html

The 2008 Yale Football Team will have three straight Ivy League contests broadcast live on the YES Network as part of a package called Yale on YES.

The YES games are Oct. 25 (Penn at Yale), Nov. 1 (Columbia at Yale) and Nov. 8 (Yale at Brown). All three telecasts begin at 12:30 p.m.

Ivytalk
August 5th, 2008, 07:54 PM

The 2008 Yale Football Team will have three straight Ivy League contests broadcast live on the YES Network as part of a package called Yale on YES.

The YES games are Oct. 25 (Penn at Yale), Nov. 1 (Columbia at Yale) and Nov. 8 (Yale at Brown). All three telecasts begin at 12:30 p.m.

What, no Harvard?xconfusedx

bulldog10jw
August 5th, 2008, 07:58 PM
What, no Harvard?xconfusedx

I hear THE GAME will be on VERSUS. (Whatever the hell that is)

I think it may have been the same channel the NHL ended up on (nice English)

bonarae
August 5th, 2008, 08:00 PM
No TV announcements for The Game as of this time.

YaleFootballFan
August 5th, 2008, 08:01 PM
I hear THE GAME will be on VERSA. (Whatever the hell that is)

I think it may have been the same channel the NHL ended up on (nice English)

It's VERSUS that The Game will be on (yes, the NHL channel).

I'm surprised it's not on WGN again.

bulldog10jw
August 5th, 2008, 08:04 PM
http://www.versus.com/cfb

Nov. 22: Versus and the Ivy League team up this season for five games culminating with the storied Harvard/Yale rivalry at historic Harvard Stadium. In a series that dates to 1875, the contest will mark the 125th playing of “The Game” with Yale leading 65-51-8. A year ago, the Crimson routed the Bulldogs 37-6 to capture the league championship.

YaleFootballFan
August 5th, 2008, 08:05 PM

I think we should rename YES to the Yale Entertainment and Sports Network. :D

YaleFootballFan
August 5th, 2008, 08:07 PM

Nov. 22: Versus and the Ivy League team up this season for five games culminating with the storied Harvard/Yale rivalry at historic Harvard Stadium. In a series that dates to 1875, the contest will mark the 125th playing of “The Game” with Yale leading 65-51-8. A year ago, the Crimson routed the Bulldogs 37-6 to capture the league championship.

They had to mention that. xnonono2x

bulldog10jw
August 5th, 2008, 08:12 PM
They had to mention that. xnonono2x

Let's hope for a close one this year. Only the 3 OT game has broken up the string of (mostly Harvard winning) routs the last few years.

bulldog10jw
August 5th, 2008, 08:24 PM
On a side note the Ivies open this year on Sept 20th. The 20th

Everybody else will be halfway through their season before we start. xsmhx xbawlingx xnonono2x

Ivytalk
August 5th, 2008, 08:24 PM
The series has not been particularly kind to the home team in recent years. I wish ESPN would pick up The Game for once. VERSUS? Jeez...xrolleyesx

bulldog10jw
August 5th, 2008, 08:29 PM
The series has not been particularly kind to the home team in recent years. I wish ESPN would pick up The Game for once. VERSUS? Jeez...xrolleyesx

They probably would if we played under the lights on Friday night. The odds of THAT happening are.......xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx xlolx

brownbear
August 5th, 2008, 08:40 PM
Awesome, Brown getting some TV coverage!!

CID1990
August 5th, 2008, 08:41 PM
What's Yes? Is that like the Oxygen channel?

bulldog10jw
August 5th, 2008, 08:43 PM
What's Yes? Is that like the Oxygen channel?

More like Lifetime.

danefan
August 5th, 2008, 08:45 PM
YES has done a great job with the Ivy league games in the past. I hope it continues.

Seawolf97
August 5th, 2008, 08:48 PM
Nice arrangement. Will try and catch a few on cable.

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 5th, 2008, 10:35 PM
At least VERSUS is a national network! YES probably isn't on many cable systems outside the Metro NYC area. We have it here in the DMZ, but I doubt you'll find it on the Springfield, Worcester or Providence cable systems. For someone living in AZ, I think VERSUS will be a much better option. ;)

bulldog10jw
August 5th, 2008, 10:39 PM
I'm thinking of getting Direct TV. I would be able to get YES and VERSUS. NESN, I don't know.

Yale games on TV this year:

Yale at Dartmoth NESN
Penn at Yale YES
Columbia at Yale Yes
Yale at Brown Yes
Princeton at Yale Versus
Yale at Harvard Versus

YaleFootballFan
August 5th, 2008, 10:51 PM
I'm thinking of getting Direct TV. I would be able to get YES and VERSUS. NESN, I don't know.

Yale games on TV this year:

Yale at Dartmoth NESN
Penn at Yale YES
Columbia at Yale Yes
Yale at Brown Yes
Princeton at Yale Versus
Yale at Harvard Versus

6 out of 10 games on TV isn't bad.

jimbo65
August 6th, 2008, 05:57 AM

I attended the 100th Anniversary Game at Yale Bowl which was quite an epic day. The place was full, terrific tailgaiting including one industrious group that had a piano & player in the back of a rent-a-truck to entertain the dinner guests. After a long tailgate, in-stadium beverages and a post-game visit to Maury's (spelling) we called it a day. Actually an advance party went to Maury's to secure a table. I recall drinking the red & green cups which were passed around the table and never allowed to touch the table. Whoever finished the cup had the "honor" of starting the next cup. Not surprisingly, I have no recollection as to which team won the game.

bulldog10jw
August 6th, 2008, 10:42 AM
I attended the 100th Anniversary Game at Yale Bowl which was quite an epic day. The place was full, terrific tailgaiting including one industrious group that had a piano & player in the back of a rent-a-truck to entertain the dinner guests. After a long tailgate, in-stadium beverages and a post-game visit to Maury's (spelling) we called it a day. Actually an advance party went to Maury's to secure a table. I recall drinking the red & green cups which were passed around the table and never allowed to touch the table. Whoever finished the cup had the "honor" of starting the next cup. Not surprisingly, I have no recollection as to which team won the game.

https://www.memberstatements.com/Clubs/CSG-Morys/Uploaded/FacilityPics/MoryDoor.jpg