PDA

View Full Version : Missouri State gets WR Hawaii Transfer

MSUBear42
August 5th, 2008, 07:08 PM
Eric Shaffer, University of Hawaii and Shiloh Christian HS in Arkansas WR, has decided to transfer to Missouri State.

http://blogs.arkansasonline.com/recruiting/?p=187

Hey UCA/other arkansas guys, is this guy any good? On paper, he looks to be one of our best recruits.

douglasdmb
August 5th, 2008, 07:27 PM
5-10, 205 lb receivers that run the 40 in 4.31 seconds belong in the BCS, not in the Valley. This should be a shot in the arm to our already potent offense.

ShowMeBear2
August 6th, 2008, 06:47 PM
5-10, 205 lb receivers that run the 40 in 4.31 seconds belong in the BCS, not in the Valley. This should be a shot in the arm to our already potent offense.

Great news to hear. Hope he works out big time. Another weapon for Cody.

MSUBear42
August 6th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Sounds like he will jump up immediately to our #1 spot...

The Bears spent the first hour in positional and offensive or defensive drills including a variety of one-on-one exercises. They came together for some team work the final half hour.

Among the standouts was transfer receiver Eric Shaffer, a Fayetteville, Ark., native who came to MSU from the University of Hawaii. Although he's not a tall receiver, Shaffer has an explosive first three steps and made several nice catches in one-on-one drills

MSUBear42
August 7th, 2008, 11:21 PM
Here's a good preview of the team:

http://ozarksfirst.com/media_player.php?media_id=84661

UCABEARS75
August 11th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Eric Shaffer, University of Hawaii and Shiloh Christian HS in Arkansas WR, has decided to transfer to Missouri State.

http://blogs.arkansasonline.com/recruiting/?p=187

Hey UCA/other arkansas guys, is this guy any good? On paper, he looks to be one of our best recruits.

Yeah, I think he will help you. I talked to one of our coaches and they liked him but we have about 16 WR's on scholarship.

BTW, not say we could have gotten him had we wanted him but he did visit UCA.

ShowMeBear2
August 13th, 2008, 09:54 PM
16 wr's. impressive.

BEAR
August 13th, 2008, 11:47 PM
He was looking to go to Arkansas(from what I heard) but somehow that didn't work out either. He came to UCA but was told we're packed at WR, as stated above. He wants playing time and if you got it, you'll love how this kid plays! He's the real deal and wanted playing time at Hawaii because you know they throw the ball! He looked for another school to fit that playing style and knew UCA did.. but no luck. You guys got a diamond from the natural state! Enjoy!

MSUBear42
August 14th, 2008, 05:31 AM
He's already had his own article in the news paper saying he'll make an immediate impact. It sounds like one heck of a steal.

UCABEARS75
August 14th, 2008, 10:41 AM
16 wr's. impressive.

I was just guessing so I looked at the roster this morning and counted 19 guys listed at WR.

That does not count our returning TE (Marquez Branson) who led the team in receptions last year and is considered a pro-prosect.

Nor does it include our RB's who are generally small and catch a lot of balls.

Bad news, LOL, maybe we need a few folks at other positions....like DB as I recall we were playing some DB's who could barely walk last year against ya'll as Cody drove it down the field for the winning TD!!

Ya'll have a great year.