PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky QB plans to transfer to FCS

smallcollegefbfan
August 5th, 2008, 02:37 PM
I read this online.

"University of Kentucky quarterback Curtis Pulley has been dismissed for a violation of team rules, UK coach Rich Brooks announced today. In the past two months, Pulley has been charged with marijuana possession and traffic violations, but last week Brooks said Pulley would be disciplined but still allowed to compete for the starting quarterback spot. "There's a little bit more to it than I was aware of at the time," Brooks said, declining further comment on specifics. Mike Hartline enters fall camp as UK's No. 1 quarterback, Brooks said. Will Fidler has the No. 2 spot and will compete for the starting position. UK opens practice later today. Brooks ruled out a return to the team for Pulley, a junior who has two years of eligibility remaining. "I'm sure he will transfer. ...," Brooks said. "His best option at this point is a I-AA school."

Anyone know of where he might be headed?

ysubigred
August 5th, 2008, 02:47 PM
I read this online.

"University of Kentucky quarterback Curtis Pulley has been dismissed for a violation of team rules, UK coach Rich Brooks announced today. In the past two months, Pulley has been charged with marijuana possession and traffic violations, but last week Brooks said Pulley would be disciplined but still allowed to compete for the starting quarterback spot. "There's a little bit more to it than I was aware of at the time," Brooks said, declining further comment on specifics. Mike Hartline enters fall camp as UK's No. 1 quarterback, Brooks said. Will Fidler has the No. 2 spot and will compete for the starting position. UK opens practice later today. Brooks ruled out a return to the team for Pulley, a junior who has two years of eligibility remaining. "I'm sure he will transfer. ...," Brooks said. "His best option at this point is a I-AA school."

Anyone know of where he might be headed?

He can go to TN St. and smoke up the dope with J. Speilman from Louisville xlolx xrotatehx

elcid96
August 5th, 2008, 02:49 PM
Future Starter for Georgia Southern?

Cobblestone
August 5th, 2008, 06:44 PM
We had a transfer QB from Kentucky one year. His name was Billy Jack Haskins and it didn't take long to see why Kentucky told him to screw.. even though they had a guy named Tim Couch.

I don't usually get too excited about transfers; been disppointed more than once.

PTW16
August 5th, 2008, 07:27 PM

I came in here to say this. Except I'm not sure if I would have used the question mark.

Hansel
August 5th, 2008, 10:21 PM
I would guess SLC or SWAC

UNH_Alum_In_CT
August 5th, 2008, 10:37 PM
I think these coaches should be saying that D-II or NAIA is a better option. xrolleyesx xnonox xnonox xnonox

katstrapper
August 6th, 2008, 05:47 AM

SLC has plenty of very good QB's.

bjtheflamesfan
August 6th, 2008, 07:52 AM
Im sure he will find a place to land but I really am seeing (and Im sure that many of the other posters as well) that players who get in trouble academically or personally somehow see I-AA/FCS as an easy fallback plan right now. "I got kicked off my I-A/FBS team? No problem...I'll just transfer to I-AA/FCS and play there." I-AA/FCS shouldnt just be a proverbial dumping ground (or a better term would be "halfway house" in some cases) where guys who get in trouble at I-A/FBS schools.

Also, Cobblestone made a good point using the example of Mr. Haskins. We dont even know if Pulley would be ANY good where he goes if he were to transfer to a I-AA/FCS school. Heck we had a guy by the name of Paul Troth come in from ECU my second or third year of school and he was mediocre at best.

elon77
August 6th, 2008, 08:15 AM
Im sure he will find a place to land but I really am seeing (and Im sure that many of the other posters as well) that players who get in trouble academically or personally somehow see I-AA/FCS as an easy fallback plan right now. "I got kicked off my I-A/FBS team? No problem...I'll just transfer to I-AA/FCS and play there." I-AA/FCS shouldnt just be a proverbial dumping ground (or a better term would be "halfway house" in some cases) where guys who get in trouble at I-A/FBS schools.

Also, Cobblestone made a good point using the example of Mr. Haskins. We dont even know if Pulley would be ANY good where he goes if he were to transfer to a I-AA/FCS school. Heck we had a guy by the name of Paul Troth come in from ECU my second or third year of school and he was mediocre at best.

maybe he will end up at liberty. could they help him?xrolleyesx

bjtheflamesfan
August 6th, 2008, 08:23 AM
maybe he will end up at liberty. could they help him?xrolleyesx

I highly doubt that he would be of any help. we're set at QB thank you. I was trying to make a valid point and you had to take a shot at Liberty didnt you?

Appaholic
August 6th, 2008, 08:47 AM

Yeah.....could be a real dogfight for starting QB in Statesboro............but one heluva celebration party afterwards.......xlolx

Black Saturday
August 6th, 2008, 08:52 AM
Yeah.....could be a real dogfight for starting QB in Statesboro............but one heluva celebration party afterwards.......xlolx

Post of the Day!xlolx

bobbythekidd
August 6th, 2008, 09:08 AM
We are fine at QB. Now stop taking jabs at GSU.

furman94
August 6th, 2008, 09:15 AM
I'm sure no one in the FCS wants this guy because of his mary jane bust, except MSU or GSU!

Eaglesrus
August 6th, 2008, 09:25 AM
We are fine at QB. Now stop taking jabs at GSU.

I'm sure no one in the FCS wants this guy because of his mary jane bust, except MSU or GSU!

I'll just reiterate what Bob said.

jonmac
August 6th, 2008, 09:39 AM
I'll just reiterate what Bob said.

Come on guys, they're just hitting back, ya'll dish it out pretty good yourselves. All in fun, all in fun.xpeacex

Eaglesrus
August 6th, 2008, 09:46 AM
Come on guys, they're just hitting back, ya'll dish it out pretty good yourselves. All in fun, all in fun.xpeacex

Yeah, but in the appropriate place, i.e. the smack board.

furman94
August 6th, 2008, 09:57 AM
Alright Alright! I know where the smack brd is. I didn't see btk's plea when I posted!

Sorry Igglets!

Killtoppers90
August 6th, 2008, 10:50 AM
Word on the street is that Pulley paid a visit to EKU yesterday. Looks like he might stay in the state.

89Hen
August 6th, 2008, 10:51 AM
I don't usually get too excited about transfers
Me neither. xsmiley_wix

Maroons
August 6th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Word on the street is that Pulley paid a visit to EKU yesterday. Looks like he might stay in the state.

The visit was confirmed in several Lexington media outlets today. Apparently, he may transition to WR or FS so that he has a better chance of playing time... at least, that is what the stories are saying.

ekufbfan
August 6th, 2008, 04:05 PM
I say if he wants a chance at EKU, let's give it to him. Kids make mistakes, hopefully he has learned from the consequences/fallout from this...being dismissed from the the beloved "state university"! All /Most schools take transfers and why not give this kid a chance? He was a Kentucky Mr. Football out of HS and was competing at a high profile position at UK thus a lot of media attention around him. If he were transferring from another position other than the heir apparent QB for the cats and was from another school besides uk, hardly a word would have been heard (esp. from the the infamous Lex. Herald Leader!). He surely could be no more of a trouble risk than the QB from LSU now enrolled at JSU!

Coug96
August 6th, 2008, 04:46 PM

Anxcoffeex d how would you come to this thinking?

EKU05
August 6th, 2008, 05:05 PM
The visit was confirmed in several Lexington media outlets today. Apparently, he may transition to WR or FS so that he has a better chance of playing time... at least, that is what the stories are saying.

That makes a little more sense. It wouldn't make much sense when transferring to deliberately pick a team where you would have to beat out the pre-season conference player of the year if you even want to get on the field.

I'm not big on taking other people's problems off their hands, but Coach Hood is the kind of guy I trust to take a chance on a kid now and then. If Curtis wants to be a Colonel, I'm willing to give him another shot. He's a really talented kid, and if he can clean up his act then he could a great asset to us, and hopefully better himself as well.