PDA

View Full Version : All Big South Tight End moves to the other side of the ball

CSUBUCDAD
August 5th, 2008, 08:27 AM
http://csusports.athleticsite.com/article.asp?articleID=2601

All-Conference Tight End Puts Teammates Before Honors
August 4, 2008
By CSU Sports Information

CHARLESTON, S.C. – Making a position change is never easy, but senior Ryan Ard has taken it in stride. An all-conference selection as a tight end last year, Ard was asked to give up his position and move to the defensive side of the ball.

“I have thought about the fact that I’m giving up a position that I was selected as all-conference at,” said Ard. “I figure I can work just as hard on the defensive line, and hopefully be just as good there. It would be great to earn all-conference again this year, and be able to say I made all-conference on offense and on defense.”

Already seen as a leader on the team, the selfless act by Ard spoke volumes to the team, and the coaching staff.......

Take a true team player to make this kind of move.

furman94
August 5th, 2008, 08:46 AM
Wow... that's hard to do, especially if you're a senior! My best wishes go to him this year!

Monarch History
August 5th, 2008, 05:47 PM
I like Ard's attitude to the change but that's asking alot from a young man who last year earned all conference honors as a TE. I wish him the best

Reign of Terrier
August 5th, 2008, 05:49 PM
http://csusports.athleticsite.com/article.asp?articleID=2601

Take a true team player to make this kind of move.

Must be pretty desperate at DE down at CSU....

Seawolf97
August 5th, 2008, 09:04 PM
I wish him the best . Really taking one for the teamxthumbsupx

BJuice
August 6th, 2008, 12:20 PM
That is what happens when the team begins to take on the character of its coach. Kudos to Ryan Ard for putting the success of the team above personal success. I hope he has a HUGE year.

That is what leadership is all about.

CSUBUCDAD
August 6th, 2008, 12:23 PM
Must be pretty desperate at DE down at CSU....

Not so much desperate as they had like 3 guys at TE and he had some defensive experience already so why use a proven asset that had the skill sets you need for the position going in?

Libertine
August 6th, 2008, 04:21 PM
"The Bucs lost four of the top five defensive linemen in terms of tackles from last year’s team, forcing the coaching staff to search for answers."

That's a direct quote from the article on the CSU site.