PDA

View Full Version : Chuck South media guide is out(finally)

CSUBUCDAD
August 4th, 2008, 12:58 PM
http://upload.athleticsite.com/csusports/mediaguides/2008FBGuide.pdf

Check it outxthumbsupx

SuperJon
August 4th, 2008, 04:36 PM
Did they make that cover in MS Paint?

BJuice
August 4th, 2008, 08:30 PM
Just like a Liberty supporter to make an elitest comment like that. It is easy to criticize others when you have the deep pockets of the Falwell clan and their fleecing techniques.

Donate to the almighty Liberty University. If I've heard the song and dance one time, I've heard it a million. Every time it makes me sick.

SuperJon
August 4th, 2008, 09:00 PM
What do deep pockets have to do with this? Someone on staff in our school made our cover. It's not like we went out and hired someone to do it. It was someone who was already on staff. We just have more talented people working for us in that department.

Hoseinexile07
August 4th, 2008, 09:35 PM
Sorry, but CSU's media guide is about as aesthetically pleasing as the inside of the porta-johns at Buccaneer Stadium.

SuperJon
August 4th, 2008, 09:36 PM
It looks like an elementary school yearbook.

CSU Girl
August 5th, 2008, 12:37 PM
Dont judge a book by its cover...

CSU BUCS
August 8th, 2008, 07:42 PM
I agree that the cover isn't as attractive as past covers. But, who really cares what their media guide looks like? I mean really......

BTW. I knew John would come away with the first insult.

Just remember. You can always speak highly of your school without tearing others down. The same concept translates to every aspect of life.

Just something to live by. It'll take you along way in life.

elcid96
August 8th, 2008, 07:47 PM
I agree that the cover isn't as attractive as past covers. But, who really cares what their media guide looks like? I mean really......

BTW. I knew John would come away with the first insult.

Just remember. You can always speak highly of your school without tearing others down. The same concept translates to every aspect of life.

Just something to live by. It'll take you along way in life.

The cover has more pictures of stadiums you have played in (and lost) than pics of acutal CSU players playing football.

SuperJon
August 8th, 2008, 07:49 PM
But, who really cares what their media guide looks like? I mean really......

Recruits.

And that's why ours are better.

furman94
August 8th, 2008, 10:02 PM
Play nice! Big Southers are having a pissing match!

SuperJon
August 8th, 2008, 10:08 PM
I just like making fun of CSU. Most schools and fans can laugh at themselves occasionally and realize that they aren't the best in the world and don't make things up to say they are. CSU on the other hand, well, they like to inflate things.

CSU BUCS
August 8th, 2008, 10:19 PM
Haha. A media guide doesn't play as much of role as you think. However, the facilities you guys have is the reason why you guys are able to get recruits.

SuperJon
August 8th, 2008, 10:34 PM
It isn't the end all be all, but a good looking media guide makes you look like a serious program and is a representative of your school and program. If it looks like crap, and a school with a nice media guide and nice things is recruiting the same kid, they're likely going to have a preconceived notion that the nice media guide school is better. It's simple marketing.

CSU BUCS
August 8th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I've been recruited and I've recruited student athletes. I've never seen a media guide be the swaying factor. Although the little things do add up, and some of the lack of attention to detail at CSU does annoy me.

SuperJon
August 8th, 2008, 10:56 PM
Like I said, it's not the end all be all, but it is one of the little things so it does matter.

CSU BUCS
August 8th, 2008, 11:00 PM
I like Liberty. I like the way they play. They're physical and they play very fundamentally sound football, especially on defense. Coach Roco has done an excellent job of turning a once doormat program into a contender. He's as good as they come. Enjoy him while you got him because he will be off to bigger and better things soon. But, the program will be in great shape when that time comes.

Best of luck in '08

SuperJon
August 8th, 2008, 11:06 PM
See, you're reasonable. I like you. You see the good and the bad. You don't claim everything is great and that you guys are amazing. I like that. You're a reasonable CSU fan, and quite possibly the only one I've ever seen on the internet. For that I say congratulations sir, and thank you. I feel I could actually talk football with you.

CSU BUCS
August 8th, 2008, 11:15 PM
I've just spent a great deal of my life in football and I know good football and bad football and Liberty is playing as good of football as any team in the country right now. Don't get me wrong, Coach Mills has done a great job too. He does more with less than anyone in the conference. Its like playing with a musket in a machine gun fight. If you're skilled you can get a few kills, but ultimately you're going to run out of bullets.

CSUBUCDAD
August 9th, 2008, 07:36 AM
It isn't the end all be all, but a good looking media guide makes you look like a serious program and is a representative of your school and program. If it looks like crap, and a school with a nice media guide and nice things is recruiting the same kid, they're likely going to have a preconceived notion that the nice media guide school is better. It's simple marketing.

And completely subjective I might add.

BJuice
August 9th, 2008, 11:15 AM
I like Liberty. I like the way they play. They're physical and they play very fundamentally sound football, especially on defense. Coach Roco has done an excellent job of turning a once doormat program into a contender. He's as good as they come. Enjoy him while you got him because he will be off to bigger and better things soon. But, the program will be in great shape when that time comes.

Best of luck in '08

Congrats. You just fell into their trap. It is all about stroking their ego. Of course, they would say you are reasonable and that they like you. You stroked the almighty ego.

I realize that we (CSU) are not perfect and that we could do things better, but by no means am I ever going to stroke the ego of another Big South school.

SuperJon
August 9th, 2008, 11:49 AM
It's called an inferiority complex when you're afraid to tell someone else they did a good job because it puts you down. The rest of the conference, when someone does something good, congratulates that team. You guys, instead, hope that a quarterback with meningitis is out the entire year.

CSU Girl
August 11th, 2008, 05:00 PM
Congrats. You just fell into their trap. It is all about stroking their ego. Of course, they would say you are reasonable and that they like you. You stroked the almighty ego.

I realize that we (CSU) are not perfect and that we could do things better, but by no means am I ever going to stroke the ego of another Big South school.

Cheers to you BJuice!!!!

CSU Girl
August 11th, 2008, 05:03 PM
It's called an inferiority complex when you're afraid to tell someone else they did a good job because it puts you down. The rest of the conference, when someone does something good, congratulates that team. You guys, instead, hope that a quarterback with meningitis is out the entire year.

Actually, we would never want anything bad happen to your players. That is mean. I wish him a speedy recovery. We want to play you at your best, so you dont have any excuses when we whip your behind. :)

SuperJon
August 11th, 2008, 05:53 PM
Actually, we would never want anything bad happen to your players. That is mean. I wish him a speedy recovery. We want to play you at your best, so you dont have any excuses when we whip your behind. :)

Read your own board. Your fans were happy Jamie Childers was in the hospital.