PDA

View Full Version : Georgia --Georgia Southern-Georgia suspends 5

KAUMASS
August 4th, 2008, 12:33 PM
Just saw this this morning. I don't like to see it in general for all of college football, but I think it will help GSU in this game! One of the 5 is a longsnapper-anybody know if he was a starter last year? I'm sure Georgia will find some some quality replacements, but it does take 5 scholie kids off the field for that game and maybe some starters for Georgia have to fill in for special teams.

Good luck GSU!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3518653&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

introvertedGSUfan
August 4th, 2008, 12:47 PM
Lovely, let's just hope that Zeke Rozier will still start for us this coming season (I haven't found any other news updates after the announcement of his legal troubles).

dystopiamembrane
August 4th, 2008, 01:09 PM
This guy vandalizes a hospital and he is only suspended for two games?

OL FU
August 4th, 2008, 01:13 PM
This guy vandalizes a hospital and he is only suspended for two games?

They didn't want to kick him off the team because he probably would have been playing against them in an Eagle uniformxnodx xnodx xnodx

xsmiley_wix xlolx xlolx xlolx

smallcollegefbfan
August 4th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Just saw this this morning. I don't like to see it in general for all of college football, but I think it will help GSU in this game! One of the 5 is a longsnapper-anybody know if he was a starter last year? I'm sure Georgia will find some some quality replacements, but it does take 5 scholie kids off the field for that game and maybe some starters for Georgia have to fill in for special teams.

Good luck GSU!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3518653&campaign=rss&source=ESPNHeadlines

The LS is Jeff Henson and he was the starter last year. Wonder if his backup is good?

AppStateSVX
August 4th, 2008, 01:37 PM
must be something about Georgia........... : )

cathope
August 4th, 2008, 01:54 PM

Good luck GSU!!

As far as the long snapper goes, they would have to be put in a situation to use him for it to be a factor. Doubt that will happen.

GreatAppSt
August 4th, 2008, 02:11 PM

The penal colony gene pool still runs deep.xnodx

AppStsGr8
August 4th, 2008, 02:13 PM

Good luck GSU!!

... and I was hoping that the 2 squads would go at it with no suspensions so GSU could make the SoCon proud ....

elon77
August 4th, 2008, 02:30 PM

Good luck GSU!!

the only time they will need a long snapper is on extra points. but then again maybe this will be the biggest upset in college football history. sorry asu, probably won't happen.xsmhx

PaladinFan
August 4th, 2008, 02:48 PM
GSU will need much more than a few suspended players to be these guys.

WCU LawCat
August 4th, 2008, 03:56 PM
Anyone feel like this game might need stepped up patrols from local law enforcement???? xlolx

Sorry I couldn't help it.

BeauFoster
August 4th, 2008, 03:59 PM
The noise from the ankle bracelets as each team takes the field will be deafening xlolx

Laserlips
August 4th, 2008, 04:51 PM
The noise from the ankle bracelets as each team takes the field will be deafening xlolx

BF:

I watching a U-tube video of the GSU-App State game played in Boone last season where I believe your team had a very nice home game win streak going, and I kept hearing a funny noise, but I thought it was a glitch in the audio. But I've come to the conclusion that it was Jayson's ankle bracelet jingling every time he ran thru the App State defensive players on his way to another touchdown.xlolx

Jesse

FCS_pwns_FBS
August 4th, 2008, 05:02 PM
You get 1 player involved in an altercation, and all of the sudden, your program's players are comparable to UGA who has 5 players suspended for disciplinary reasons. xrolleyesx

blueballs
August 4th, 2008, 05:09 PM
BF:

I watching a U-tube video of the GSU-App State game played in Boone last season where I believe your team had a very nice home game win streak going, and I kept hearing a funny noise, but I thought it was a glitch in the audio. But I've come to the conclusion that it was Jayson's ankle bracelet jingling every time he ran thru the App State defensive players on his way to another touchdown.xlolx

Jesse

Actually it was the sound of Jayson breaking the App defenders' ankles time and time again...

Kincaide has a good line today about UGA when he said he didn'ty know how the trainers were going to tape over all the ankle bracelets.xlolx

elcid96
August 4th, 2008, 05:15 PM
Didn't GSU recruit these 5 right after they got arrested? I believe I overhead their coach saying "that they were just what we were looking for."xlolx xlolx

BeauFoster
August 4th, 2008, 05:24 PM
BF:

Jesse

Have your boosters picked up the new transfer QB yet and taken him the the Statesboro house of ill-repute yet? xlolx

Seven Would Be Nice
August 4th, 2008, 07:01 PM
Didn't GSU recruit these 5 right after they got arrested? I believe I overhead their coach saying "that they were just what we were looking for."xlolx xlolx

Yeah, especially since Hatcher has established that those aren't the type of players we take. He cleaned house last year. We aren't Miami for pete's sake. xrolleyesx

Eaglesrus
August 4th, 2008, 07:51 PM

xlolx xlolx is right; like Hatcher would be hanging around within earshot of the bellhop station xlolx xlolx

bench
August 4th, 2008, 07:56 PM
This just in: Chico's Bail Bonds has signed on as the game's corporate sponsor

Sam I Am
August 4th, 2008, 08:38 PM

Furman must have increased their criminal population and lowered their intelligence level, because a quick check of their football roster shows they have 37 players from Georgia on the team. xoopsx

App State isn't as bad with only 13 Georgia boys on the team.

But, App State still ranks (#19) ahead of Georgia (#21) with violent crimes per 100,000 people in the US.

South Carolina ranks #2, must be too many Georgians at Furman.xlolx

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violent_Crimes_per_100%2C000_people

introvertedGSUfan
August 5th, 2008, 01:21 PM
GSU will need much more than a few suspended players to be these guys.

Well, I don't think any rational GSU fan expects us to win this season opener.

Laserlips
August 5th, 2008, 01:58 PM
Have your boosters picked up the new transfer QB yet and taken him the the Statesboro house of ill-repute yet? xlolx

BF:

I'm sure there's an opening in that statement for a reference to "No: because "yo Mama" was back in Boone for her AA meeting that weekend, but I'll pass.... xthumbsupx

Best Wishes,

Jesse

BeauFoster
August 5th, 2008, 02:17 PM
BF:

I'm sure there's an opening in that statement for a reference to "No: because "yo Mama" was back in Boone for her AA meeting that weekend, but I'll pass.... xthumbsupx

Best Wishes,

Jesse

If you were to say something like that, which we know you wouldn't, I could easily reply "So I guess your sister just dropped by the locker room and took care of him like she takes care of the rest of the team?". But I don't have to say anything like that, because you would never prompt me. xsmiley_wix

Laserlips
August 5th, 2008, 02:33 PM
If you were to say something like that, which we know you wouldn't, I could easily reply "So I guess your sister just dropped by the locker room and took care of him like she takes care of the rest of the team?". But I don't have to say anything like that, because you would never prompt me. xsmiley_wix

BF:

You'd better be talking 'bout my older sister,IF you were talkin' at all, because my baby sister is as "pure as the freshly driven snow". xasswhipx

Best Wishes,

Jesse

P.S. Well, that's what Papa says, and he oughta know..xwhistlex